14 Reviews for Samantha Little Weddings and Events

Day-Of Coord. (1)
14 Samantha Little Weddings and Events Reviews

I'm not sure what happened, but I booked Samantha to be my day of coordinator months (almost a year) before my wedding date. After we booked and made the deposit, she completely disappeared. Vanished. She didn't respond to emails. She didn't call me back after I left multiple voice messages. She didn't respond to text messages... We ended up terminating the contract with her before our wedding date because she just wasn't there... and even after I left her a message, and sent her a note in writing, telling her we were not comfortable moving forward with her services - NOTHING.

I heard from her only a handful of times (to collect vendor information and she did answer one of my phone calls) so I do know the contact information I had was correct but... it was very bizarre. It's a shame. And please believe me - I am in no way, shape, or form a bride-zilla. I had 3 pre-wedding questions for her: 1. To propose a porta-potty vendor; 2. If she was available to meet in person and 3. To send a proposed agenda for the day-of. That's it. The purpose of hiring a coordinator is to help relieve anxiety - not create more.

Buyer be ware - the whole process felt, and still feels, like a scam.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was incredibly disappointed with the service provided by Samantha. I decided to spend the $ on a day of services so I wouldn't have to worry about the little things getting taken care of or put the burden on a family member/guest. All of my other vendors were fantastic, but Samantha was a major cause for stress. She disappeared the month of my wedding and didn't do any of the pre-work promised in our contract. I had vendors reaching out to me the week of my wedding saying they hadn't heard from her regarding a day of timeline and were unsure of how to staff appropriately etc. I was truly concerned that something had happened to her when I couldn't get in touch with her. She finally responded to an email the three days out and didn't even provide a reason as to where she had been. She spent more time on her phone and flirting with the DJ than doing anything day of. I've recommended every other vendor and service provider we used, but would never feel comfortable referring Samantha Little Weddings & Events. She even promised to reimburse me for part of her fee, but I've yet to get a refund and my wedding was in June. Unprofessional, unaccountable, & unreliable sums up the experience. Buyer beware.

Profile Picture User5024725, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

Samantha was our day-of coordinator and she was incredible! She was very accessible from the day we booked her up to the wedding; she met with us to talk over our plans and see the ceremony and reception sites; and she came in totally unbiased and ready to make our wedding day into exactly what we wanted. That last is rare- most of our vendors pushed their personal preferences, but Samantha was all about what we wanted. She was there for the rehearsal and all day (I mean ALL day) on the wedding day and she did everything from setup to breakdown while we enjoyed the day with our family and friends. We would not have been able to do that without her! The following are the things that really stuck in my mind, but she did so much more than this!!

She suggested an excellent DJ and got us a discount.

She set up our entire reception area. I was hesitant about handing off the final steps to someone else after doing all the DIY projects myself, but when we walked into the reception area it was exactly what we had hoped for!

She kept our candy bar refilled all night.

She arranged our doughnut table once our doughnuts ("cake") was delivered.

She handled a literal fire/theater lighting explosion while setting up.

She made sure we got food during the reception and left a goody bag for us back at our hotel room.

She got most of our guests to sign our guestbook quilt squares at the end of the reception, when we realized I had forgotten the sign and our guests hadn't figured out what to do (this was SO meaningful to us when we returned from our honeymoon and found dozens of notes and sketches- we thought no one had signed them!).

She drove my great-aunt back to her hotel when my great-aunt decided it was time to go right in between our scheduled shuttle bus trips.

She would have paid all of our vendors, had I remembered to bring their checks, and instead she left me a detailed note letting me know what was settled and what needed to be addressed.

Profile Picture Alissa, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so very pleased with the service that Samantha provided the day of our wedding. It really meant a lot to me to have someone that I trusted taking care of everything so that I could take a breath and enjoy the day. Our outdoor VT wedding in the fall was rainy and cold, but Samantha knew to have the heaters running early to help dry out the space under the tent (especially by the bar!!) and have it nice and cozy for when the guests arrived. She worked with the caterers, florist and DJ and set-up EVERYTHING while I sipped mimosas with the bridesmaids. I felt a little spoiled, but completely trusting of whatever decisions she would have to make. She was on-hand, quick and decisive throughout the night... took care of my broken bustle and sleeping nephew/ring bearer in the family room. She cleaned up after the reception making pick-up the next day seamless and actually pretty effortless. I was most thankful for that. It was a long day for her, but she was professional and so sweet.

Profile Picture User2489921, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

We used Samantha Little for our day-of coordination. Prior to the
wedding day, Samantha met with us three times and we communicated
regularly by email. She was always very professional, knowledgeable,
and timely in handling all aspects of our wedding. On the wedding day
itself, Samantha coordinated everything and it turned out perfect. We
did not have to worry about any decisions to be made, problems to be
fixed, or bills to be paid. We were going to try and have a
completely DIY wedding, but now that it's over and I know what a big
undertaking it was, I would highly recommend using Samantha for her

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha Little Weddings and Events was our savior! In less than a year we had to plan a wedding, move 3,000 miles away, buy our first home, welcome our daughter into the world and prepare for our 5 yr to start kindergarten. Samantha knew right away what our vision was for our dream wedding. We have yet to meet anyone who was/is as dedicated to their work as Samantha! She met me at my dress fitting. After trying on a few dresses she came to me and asked me to try on a dress even though it wasn't quite what I had in mind. I fell in LOVE with the dress! When we had trouble with bridesmaids dresses she came to the rescue quickly with a solution! She was very helpful with all the decisions my husband had to make regarding the gentleman. She was VERY patient with my husband and I having NO experience in planning such an important event. She helped us find the perfect save the dates and wedding invitations and assembled each one with TLC and mailed them out! She spent endless hours on the phone and exchanging emails with vendors thousands of miles away piecing together our dream destination wedding. We were completely confident with Samantha making very important decisions on our behalf seeing how we were VERY busy with our new home, baby girl and 5 yr old son. She NEVER disappointed us! Whether it be with flowers, linen colors, seating arrangements etc. During our wedding I found myself over whelmed. She was on the floor changing my shoes and helping me out of my dress. Always making sure that both my husband and I were well taken care of. When the other vendors failed to do their part she picked up their slack without question! She did her job to the ultimate extent that my husband and I never noticed the mishaps with the other vendors and held up the utmost professionalism. Now months later Samantha is still involved in wrapping up our loose wedding ends. We highly recommend Samantha Little Weddings and Events!!

Profile Picture Tanya, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My fiancé and I decided to have our wedding in South Burlington, Vermont this past July 21st 2012. Not being from that city was a big challenge for us as we needed to work with people we could really trust. Samantha Little over exceeded our expectations with her professionalism and went above and beyond her responsibilities to make sure the wedding ran as smoothly as possible. Despite her busy schedule, she was always available to answer questions and reassure us when we needed it the most. I strongly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the city of South Burlington or anywhere else for that matter and can guarantee that you will not regret your decision. I know I have said this already but thanks again for everything Samantha and I wish you nothing but more success in your future endeavors!!!!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha was amazing! I could never have had such a good time at the ceremony/reception without knowing she was there taking care of everything behind the scenes. She is the consummate professional, supremely organized, yet able to command attention when needed in a quietly effective way. I worried when hiring a wedding coordinator that the person might be too overbearing. Samantha is not like that in the least: she will not take over your wedding; it's not about her. It's about you and your family, and her attention to detail helps make it the most special day possible. Two other big plusses she arranges flowers and her rates are realistic!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were had our wedding at my aunt and uncles house. They had previously let friends use their property for a wedding and they did not have a wedding planner. A few hours before the wedding the chairs and table clothes were still on the tables the tent company had dropped off and nothing in the tent had been set up. My aunt and uncle had to set up the entire thing themselves, and missed the ceremony to do so. When they agreed to let us have our wedding at their home, their 1st request was that we had to hire a wedding planner for at least the day of coordination. I hired Samantha for the day of coordination. She was way beyond just the "day of" wedding planner. Being from MA and having our wedding in VT we were not familiar with many vendors. Samantha was able to find vendors when we were lost. We were having a cocktail party style wedding so bartenders were very important to us. She found AMAZING bartenders that made our wedding flow great! We were also able to leverage her relationships with other vendors to use her discounts. Our photobooth was a huge hit and our book of all our guests in the booth is one of our favorite keepsakes from the wedding! The day of the wedding went smooth and the little things that went wrong, I was unaware of that day because Samantha took care of it. She was a huge to help us and well worth her cost! Myself, my husband, Aunt and Uncle and our parents were all so thankful for Samantha's hard work and connections!

Profile Picture Jackie, 7/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I first met Samantha at a friend's wedding the year before mine. When I started planning my wedding my friend highly recommended Samantha's day of wedding coorination service. I can tell you that having Samantha at our wedding made the day so much more relaxing and stress free. Samantha did everything from hand pew bows, to make sure the DJ played the correct songs, held on to my extra contacts, and kept an eye on my elderly grandparents.

What you should also know is that Samantha is extremely professional and is excellent at her job. She is punctual, thooughtful, and knows how to make a wedding run smoothly. I can't tell you enough how helpful it was having her at our wedding, and she even travelled two hours outside of the Burlington, VT area where she is based out of! It was worth the money and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! I'm grateful to have had her be part of our special day.

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha completely made my wedding day. She was on top of everything, and made sure our day went exactly the way we wanted it to. She was a huge comfort to me, and I was able to spend the whole day not worrying about anything except having a good time!

Profile Picture Ali, 12/29/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

When Sam first started in 2010, she was the perfect sounding board for all of my wedding day concerns and worries. We hired her for day-of coordination, and I would have been a lot crazier without her!

Profile Picture User686682, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

Early on as I planned my Vermont wedding from my home in Virginia, my
maid of honor suggested we hire a Day Of Coordinator. I am very
pleased we were able to hire Samantha Little for this job. Samantha
brings experience, professionalism, and interpersonal warmth to the
job. As part of our package, we met with Samantha several months
before the wedding for consultation; she helped us imagine what the
actual day would be like and how she could help facilitate the vision
we had-- logistically and aesthetically. On the day before the
wedding, prior to the rehearsal that she directed for us, we met with
Samantha again. In this meeting we provided her with more detailed
plans for the wedding day that involved complex coordination between
ad hoc vendors. We felt completely confident in Samantha's ability to
put our plans to action and she did. On the wedding day, Samantha
directed and coordinated with gentle authority, helping everyone
understand their places, timing, and roles. Our off-beat outdoor
wedding and reception went off without a hitch. Thank you Samantha!

Profile Picture Leah, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha Little was my wedding coordinator for my wedding event on August 9, 2008. I was nervous about making the big day as fun and special for my family and friends, but also as stress-free as possible for me and my future husband. After the wedding and reception were over, we knew that choosing to have Samantha as our coordinator was the best decision and investment we could have made.

Samantha was an organized and detail-oriented person. She was prompt and professional for our pre-wedding meetings and always willing to take on additional tasks. She ensured that our rehearsal ran smoothly and efficiently. She managed a crew of more than ten service staff hired to provide the various services at our reception, from the waitstaff and chefs to the lifeguard and babysitters. With the help of this team, she prepared our lakeside reception site for our guests. She even handled the negotiations with the DJs for an extra hour of play time for a reduced fee.

I know that our wedding day would not have been stress-free without Samantha’s services. From assembling the flower girl baskets to ensuring the lighting in the tent was appropriate at all times, she kept the entire day flowing smoothly and was attentive to every detail. I highly recommend her wedding coordinator services to you.

Profile Picture Keely, 8/9/08, 1 Review