Sam Stroud Photography Reviews

Sam Stroud Photography 3
Sam Stroud Photography 4

Adam · Married on 09/01/2018

Stunning Photos - The right amount of creative and candid

Sam and his team managed to capture our wedding in a way that is so honest and yet so beautiful. We told him that we were particularly interested in having candid photos, and he delivered, making sure that we did not have to pose for any pictures beyond those we'd requested. Sam and his team are easy to work with, and focused on letting us enjoy our wedding rather than intruding to get the right shot. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of photographers.

Emma · Married on 04/28/2018

Words can't express how much Sam & his team contributed to our wedding day!! Thank you for everything, Sam!

Cassie · Married on 10/22/2016

We had Ellie do our engagement photos and wow, what a talented being :) She made us feel very comfortable with what types of poses we should do, so we didn't feel awkward at all. Also, she had great vision to utilize our surrounding and incorporating them into such good shots. Definitely excited to have her for our wedding!

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Words cannot express how thankful we are for having Sam, Mitchell, and Ellie as our photographers throughout the engagement and wedding. The pictures are absolutely incredible, and that's probably an understatement! So many people have told me that the pictures are the best they've ever seen! All three were so easy to work with. They made us feel comfortable and coached us throughout every picture so there were no awkward shots :) I couldn't recommend Sam and his crew enough, wish I could have them for every major life event!

Amy · Married on 09/09/2016

No joke, when we were deciding what day to have our wedding, we planned it around Sam's availability. Photography was important to me, for after the wedding day was over, this was the only tangible thing I would have for the rest of my life. From working with him professionally and also admiring his work for years, I knew that Sam Stroud Photography was who I wanted to capture the most important day of our life. Sam did our engagement pictures and we had a blast taking them! From the pictures, you would never know it was one of the windiest days in April. On our wedding day, Sam and RJ were there to capture every moment and they did so BEAUTIFULLY. I got chills when looking back through our wedding day photos and we especially loved all of the moments they captured that we didn't get to see on the wedding day, like each other getting ready, tiny details, and more. We don't even know how to choose which images to frame because they are all amazing! I would recommend Sam and his team a million times and then some because they are professional yet fun photographers who produce amazing pictures. Thank you!!

Leah · Married on 09/03/2016

Let me just start by saying that Lindsey Hinkley is a genius. Working with Sam Stroud and Lindsey was easily one of the best experiences of our wedding planning. I reached out to Sam a year prior to our wedding and wasn't surprised that he was already booking up for the dates around our big day so made sure to book with him immediately. I have 4 other girlfriends that hired Sam and his team to shoot their wedding days as well. As you may have read, it is incredibly helpful that they provide 2 shooters and do not have a specific number of hours that they are committed too - they want to be there to make sure they can capture all of your big moments! I worked with Lindsey for both our engagement and our wedding day photos, she is so much fun to work with and so personable. I loved having her there as I was getting ready and shooting all of our wedding party photos. I was a little surprised that the second shooter was someone out of college as I know some of my other friends had their second shooter as one of the main individuals highlighted on the website. But I will caveat that statement by saying that i haven't yet seen our photos, so they could be just as amazing as if it were another one of the professionals Sam has hired! Overall, my husband and I could not be more happy with hiring Sam Stroud photography and are so excited to see how the photos come out!

Halie · Married on 08/19/2016

From the moment I first met Sam, I felt like I was hanging out with a friend. I don't really like being photographed and get impatient standing with a fake smile for hours and hours, so I was nervous about having to do that on my wedding day, but he made the entire thing seamless and fun. Sam is so incredibly cool and was so relaxed, you just feel at ease around him on what is otherwise a very chaotic day. I was super grateful to have his expertise, he made so many great suggestions and I relied on him a lot for his professional opinion. And beyond that, our pictures are incredible. I mean INCREDIBLE. I'm not just saying that because they're mine- I received texts from friends telling me that my album is some of the best wedding photography they have ever seen. I can't recommend him enough.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 04/30/2016

Fabulous! We had Lindsey Hinkley as our photographer for our big day. She is just THE BEST. It was like my sister was taking our picture--speaking to us like we were old friends and getting the shots she knew we would want. Other than Lindsey, the greatest thing about booking with Sam Stroud Photography is that you have two shooters for the day of your wedding and they are with you while you're getting ready and there until you leave your party! There's no hourly rate you need to worry about or shots that you risk missing because you booked 4 hours instead of 6. We were really happy and are planning on using them for any professional photos in the future!

Emilee · Married on 12/31/2015

Sam was the photographer our wedding on New Years Eve. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made the whole process simple and painless.

He made the contract process easy and was very flexible in his availability and timeline for the day. Once booked, a few month or so before the wedding, he asked for a form to be filled out with all the details (photos we want, timeline of night, time he needs to arrive, family dynamics, all the fun stuff and details to help him do his job). He had another person with him, Abby, for the first few hours to get all the important stuff - she was also totally awesome. They did a great job with our first look, bridal party photos, family photos,etc. He definitely a lot of experience doing weddings, and I fully trusted him in all that he was doing for us on our big day!

One other reason I really enjoyed working with him because we were not standing around doing photos forever and ever - he was very fast and to the point (we did all our bridal photos before the ceremony to get some daylight). He knew our focus was getting the great shots, but also enjoying our night (and it was really cold outside). The photos that I have seem so far have been BEAUTIFUL, and we cannot wait to see the full set once the are finished.

Overall, I would highly recommend Sam as a wedding photographer (or for any other event for that matter). He was very professional, really easy to work with, and provided great and beautiful work. 5 stars Sam, thank you so much for helping to make our wedding a day we will always remember, with the help of your pictures :-)

Katie · Married on 11/02/2014

We absolutely loved working with Sam from the moment we met him! Your wedding photos are something you only have one chance to get right and Sam and his staff did that and much more for us! We got our photos back and we had an overwhelming amount of amazing shots, we still can't decide which ones to print and put up in our home! Thank-you so much Sam for capturing one of the most important days of our lives!

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

Our photographer was Lindsey Hinkley of Sam Stroud Photography. She did a wonderful job! As the bride did not arrive in town until 2 weeks before the wedding, we had to use the first week to get the dress fitted and had only one week to get portraits taken and the portrait for the reception finished. Sam worked closely with us to get it scheduled and followed up to ensure the printer got the canvas and prints ready for us in time. They were perfect! Lindsey was a wonderful choice as she worked very well with the bride...put her at ease right away and the resulting portraits and photos of the wedding were excellent! In addition to Lindsey, a second photographer, Nicki, was provided and she also was great to work with and the result was we did not miss a thing from the wedding or reception! They got it all. We could not be happier! The photographs are stunning and beautiful, catching many personal moments and the ones taken after the wedding were done without taking up a lot of time so we all got to the reception in good time. They were with us from the start as we were all getting ready until we ended the evening. I could not be more pleased with the results! The comments on the pictures we have shared have been very positive with one comment being "These are the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen!" That says it all!

Jen · Married on 09/13/2014

Sam and his team are absolutely amazing! Sam has the ability to capture intimate moments so naturally and made my husband and I feel very comfortable while they were photographing us. Our wedding pictures turned out better than I anticipated and I would highly recommend Sam Stroud Photography to others!

Susan · Married on 05/25/2013

Very creative and easy to work with for a wedding.

Jason · Married on 10/27/2012

Sam and Daryl were BEYOND GREAT! The getting ready shots, the ceremony, the formals, the reception - they took tons of GORGEOUS images and lighting fast too I might add. Sam and his assistant Daryl had our formals done in no time and all so that we could spend as much time as possible getting bridal party shots around the venue.

I could spend all day saying each and every way that they impressed us!

Rick · Married on 10/06/2012

We had Daryl and Johanna shoot our wedding day...and they were AWESOME! My wife and I had so much fun working with them, and they made both of us feel so at ease. We had several shots that we wanted, and they were great listening to our needs. To me, this is the most important decision (finding a great photographer), and Daryl and Johanna did not disappoint (and it doesn't hurt that they are the sweetest married couple ever)!

Dusty · Married on 05/20/2012

Sam Stroud and his staff were amazing to work with! The prices are right in range with other photographers in Lynchburg, but they offer so much more! Probably the best feature about Sam Stroud Photography is that you get 2 photographers, so they really capture every moment of your big day. Having 1 photographer with the groomsmen and 1 with the bridesmaids before the wedding makes for some fantastic pre-wedding shots. Sam and Mitchell shot our wedding, and they made everything so comfortable for us both. When I had a little meltdown before the ceremony they didn't get awkward, and they simply offered their assistance. And get this, we got all 633 of our photos on a DVD in less than 3 weeks! We highly recommend Sam Stroud Photography for anyone looking for a great photographer. If you're on the fence, just schedule a meeting with him and the personality of the staff will win you over.

Megan · Married on 05/12/2012

Sam and Derek did an amazing job with our wedding photos. He had the pictures to us in less than a week after the event. We loved all of them and would recommend them any day of the week.

• W

Whitney · Married on 01/14/2012

Sam is one of the very best to work with. He is beyond talented and extremely creative. If you have a plan, he will follow it. If you don't know what you want, his suggestions are awesome. You will LOVE your pictures. He puts you at ease so you look comfortable in front of the camera. Not fake or posed. His entire team is top notch as well.

Melanie · Married on 09/24/2011

We really appreciated how much direction Sam gave us while he was shooting our pictures.

Nikki · Married on 09/10/2011

I would have liked to have Sam there, however I understood that he had another wedding booked before mine. I had such a great time with the photographers that he provided, Derek and Dan. They were fun and so easy to get along with. We didn't do an engagement session so I was a little worried about how we would click with them. It was better than I could have imagined and they were up for anything... I climbed over a fence into a field to capture the sunset! I can't wait to see those photos! We also had a photo booth that was a huge hit with our guests.

Katie · Married on 09/10/2011

Sam Stroud Photography is awesome! We found out about Sam because he did photography for my best friend's wedding. When we saw her pictures, we knew we definitley wanted to use him. We've received so many compliments on our wedding pictures. Sam is also a really nice guy and it was fun having him at our wedding! Everyone was very professional, photo's were beautiful and their prices are very reasonable. I would definitely reccommend Sam Stroud Photography for your wedding.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2011

Sam Stroud Photgraphy is wonderful!!!!! The time and effort these guys put into their pictures is amazing! Daryl Calfee was our specific photographer and we connected with him right away!!!! Definitely would recommend him and any of the other photographers to any future bride! Thanks so much for making our wedding day so special and beautiful!

amy · Married on 07/09/2011

Daryl and Johanna were fantastic!!!!!!!! I cannot reccommend them enough! Honestly, I didn't know what to expect but they were really amazing. I used to plan weddings so I have seen some disasters and I have seen plenty of vendors who need "coaching" and these two are nothing like that. They are true professionals. You will NOT be sorry if you go with Sam Stroud photography. They made our day even more special!

Julia · Married on 06/11/2011

I was given Sam's name by a friend of mine, and it was one of the best decisions I made. My general feeling on wedding photography is at the end of the day - you aren't going to remember much of anything (and I got married 2 weeks ago and I can tell you I don't remember much about that day). What you will have is your pictures, so don't go cheap on a photographer because you want to make sure they catch everything you will miss. Sam not only met all of my expectations, but he exceeded times 100! He and his team are amazing.

Sam is excellent to work with. He is a fun guy, he understands taking posed pictures can be akward so he makes sure you feel comfortable. He shot our wedding with Ally Powell and I absolutely loved working with both of them. We had a great raport, he was super patient with me when it came to taking family pictures. My husband and I both come from HUGE families so trying to get a family shot can be tiring but Sam did it all with grace. I loved all of my engagement pictures, and I cannot wait to see the wedding pictures! You really can't go wrong with Sam and his team!

Sam Stroud Photography is also very reasonably priced. We wanted a photobooth for our wedding and it was going to be quite an expense. Sam was able to work it into our wedding package and everyone loved it!

Janette · Married on 02/26/2011

Sam Stroud Photography was one of the best choices we made for our wedding day. Sam and Derek were amazing from the start! Communication was smooth, planning was easy and we knew before and during that day that their aim was to capture each sweet moment with excellence for us. We absolutely love our pictures and loved working with SSP.
    We received our pictures earlier than expected and were even surprised on our honeymoon with a recap video of our wedding day. Wonderful all around! Thank you SSP!