Salthouse Catering Reviews

Salthouse Catering 7
  • MEGHAN

Meghan Ohea · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!!

Salthouse was one of the the best decisions we made on our wedding day. From day 1, Vince was so responsive, helpful and professional. The team blew us (and our guests) away with their beautiful and delicious creations! They even made sure to cater to a few of our guests with celiac disease, and our guests were so grateful for that. Vince was so incredible to work with and he took all of the stress and guesswork out of the process. 100% recommend!!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Luke Friedman · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing Food and Service

Hiring Salthouse Catering was one of the best decisions we made in all of our wedding planning. The food was exceptional. We went with station settings with fried chicken, seasonal white fish, and beef tenderloin and every dish was incredible. We received numerous comments on how the food was some of the best food guests had ever eaten at a wedding (the passed appetizers were equally amazing).

On top of the exceptional product, the service and professionalism was top notch. Working with Vince relieved so much stress because he was absolutely the best. He was on top on his game at all times. He kept track of every single change and there were several including several last minute headcount changes.

We were so happy that Vince was able to work our event so that we could thank him for his exceptional service and professionalism in person.

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/19/2019

The best caterer you could ask for

Salthouse Catering did an exceptional job at my wedding on 5/19/19 at the Legare Waring House in Charleston. From the first time I reached out to Salt House, they were easy to work with and very responsive. We worked with Vince and after an amazing tasting we decided on Salt House. We had the Best of Seasons vegetable meat and cheese display and my out of town guests loved the pimento cheese! The passed apps were also incredible - we especially loved the watermelon canapé and fresh corn soup. I’ve had many shrimp and grits but I honestly believe they make the best I’ve ever had and will ever have. We had stations including the shrimp and grits, short rib with mashed potatoes, fried green tomatoes with goat cheese, and chicken with succotash. Everything was impeccable. While I didn’t get to eat much on my wedding night, I did get to have a bite of our late night chicken and biscuits and they were absolutely delicious. Vince was on site during the wedding and it was great to have him there after working with him so much on the menu.

My aunt works at a wedding venue in New Jersey and even she said this was probably the best food she has ever had a wedding. I received so many compliments about the food and I cannot wait to have another opportunity to work with Salt House.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Ginnie · Married on 05/18/2019

The. Best.

Stop looking at any other caters and book Salthouse! My husband and I did tastings at a couple of other places and not only did we think the food was far superior, the attention to detail from the Salthouse team, was amazing! I worked with Vince, who couldn’t have been nicer. He really cared about every thought we had regarding the menu and the presentation, which made it feel so personal for our guests! The amount of prep the team did prior to the big day made for flawless service during the reception. And so many people came up to us tell us how much they loved the food- seriously people still talk about it to us. I cannot recommend Salthouse enough!!!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael Bergmann · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious and unique!

Salthouse was the perfect catering choice for our backyard wedding on Edisto Island! Vince worked closely with my mom leading up to the wedding and she was consistently impressed by his responsiveness and suggestions. On the day of the wedding, his team was professional, timely, and kind. And all of the food was delicious! They packed us generous portions of leftovers that were still tasty the next day-- we had to keep the mushroom ravioli away from our family it was that good.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/04/2019

Delicious and Attentive

Amazing, delicious, responsive, attentive - everything you could ever want in a wedding vendor! Tanya worked through multiple drafts as she coordinated with long distance us and even longer distance parents. The food was to die for - I would eat that spaghetti squash everyday if I could - and they followed the timeline to a T. Everything was seamless and perfect and my friends and family had nothing but great things to say! If you want great food and a vendor who works with your coordinator seamlessly and listens to your suggestions/requests and executes them - this is your place!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Jackie · Married on 05/04/2019

Excellent experience

5 stars is not enough for Vince and the Salthouse Team. I was initially impressed by how quick to respond and detail oriented Vince is.... our tasting (before we even officially booked with Salthouse) happened to fall on a weekend when it snowed in Charleston?!? Many of our other vendors canceled meetings that weekend due to the weather. Not Salthouse- they met us with open arms, on time, and with a full menu ready for our tasting. There service that day was only met by their service on our wedding day. the food was excellent and the service provided by the Salthouse team was even better. They made sure my husband and I ate during the cocktail hour and reception and even packed us a to-go bag.... I cannot speak highly enough of their service!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Deanna · Married on 04/27/2019

Loved Salthouse Catering

Tanya and the others at Salthouse Catering did such an amazing job with my wedding and planning. I had over 50 correspondence with Tanya throughout the planning process, so I can definitely vouch that she is responsive =] The quality of the food was so amazing and the tasting was the truly the most fun part of the planning. I highly suggest with adding a late night snack near the end of the wedding. We had chicken biscuits, which are award winning, and they had everyone drooling. I would highly suggest Salthouse!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Nathalie Emplit · Married on 04/26/2019

Best Wedding Caterer in Charleston!!

This is by far the best caterer in Charleston! They blew us (and our guests) away with their equally artistic and delicious creations!!! Vincenzo is incredible to work with and he takes all of the stress and guesswork out of catering your wedding. I can't praise them enough!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Caples Newingham · Married on 04/13/2019

Excellent Service and Delicious Food for My Daughter's Wedding

Where do I even begin – Salthouse Catering did an outstanding job catering my daughter’s wedding. We had so much fun doing the tasting with Vince at Salthouse and my daughter and her fiancé immediately knew they wanted to go with Salthouse. They far exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious – we had many guests comment on how awesome the food was. We had a farmhouse spread and four passed appetizers (including the super yummy Kentucky hot browns and the tomato pies) for cocktail hour. For dinner, we went against the typical Charleston choice of stations and did a sit-down dinner so our guests could just sit and be served instead of waiting in line, and we would definitely recommend it. We had a first course of shrimp and grits served in little champagne saucers, second course of southern salad, and a main entrée selection of bacon-wrapped filet of beef, grilled salmon, or mushroom ravioli. Guests were raving about the food! I don’t know how they served the majority of our guests tender filet and crispy-hot house cut frites and got the meat perfectly done and frites still hot for everyone at the same time – but they did it! The service was excellent – they served quickly and efficiently and were very professional. I couldn’t ask for better service. If you want to “WOW” your guests and not have to worry about a thing, book Salthouse, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Lindsey Taylor

Lindsey · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Caterer in Charleston- Delicious Food & Best Service!

We are SO HAPPY we went with Salthouse as our caterer for our wedding! We worked with Vince, and from the very beginning all the way to after the wedding, Vince was one of the most responsive, professional, and flexible vendors we had! He always responded to my emails and calls within 1-2 days, most often a couple of hours, which I cannot say for any other catering vendor in Charleston! He worked with us to build a custom menu, and when we went in for the tasting we were blown away at how delicious and flavorful everything was! We had a Southern Antipasto appetizer table with fresh fruit and vegetables, meats and cheese, and four passed hors d'oeuvres - tomato pies, crab cakes, braised beef short rib, and mini Kentucky hot browns (little sandwiches that were our FAVORITE) for our cocktail hour food. Our guests loved them, I kept hearing everyone tell me which is their favorite (and at least each of the four was someone's favorite so you know they were all good)! The service was also impeccable, servers were going around constantly so no one had to track down the food, and I never saw empty glasses or trash on our cocktail tables. For our reception, we had a seated plated three course dinner. Since a lot of our guests had never been to the low-country, our first course was shrimp and grits in a small champagne coup. I've tried lots of shrimp and grits dishes in Charleston, and believe me when I say Salthouse had the BEST shrimp and grits I've ever had! We had several guests ask for seconds and tell me they are obsessed with the shrimp and grits. For the second course we had the Southern Salad with pimento cheese ranch to continue giving our guests a tour of traditional Charleston food (pimento cheese). And the main entrees were pre-selected to either be bacon-wrapped filet topped with Bernaise sauce and a side of frites, pan-seared salmon topped with lemon-thyme Beurre Blanc sauce and a side of gold rice grits, or mushroom ravioli for vegetarians. It's amazing that they cooked 70+ steaks cooked perfectly and served with fries and of them were served around the same time while staying temperature hot! The steak was juicy and flavorful, and the Bernaise sauce was out of this world. Our guests told us the salmon and ravioli dishes were delicious as well! We loved that everything served not only looked great, but tasted delicious and was made from local fresh ingredients. Our wedding day went without a hitch, everything went so smoothly, and even though my groom and I amazingly had time to eat all three courses, we were so grateful for the extra food they packed up for us for our wedding night! (We stuffed our face as soon as we got back to the hotel because it was all so yummy!). Thank you so much to Vince and everyone at Salthouse for exceeding our expectations!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Mackenzee · Married on 04/05/2019

Salthouse is simply the best!

Salthouse Catering was the best decision my fiancé and I made for our April wedding in Charleston, SC. Our vendor journey began roughly 16 months ahead of our big day, but that didn't stop Vince at Salthouse from extending the most professional, courteous, attentive hospitality towards us. Each email, including those frantic, last-minute ones (brides, you'll understand), was met with incredible management and thorough explanation. He collaborated with us diligently to create our dream menu (fried chicken with smoked mac n cheese, beef short rib with potato puree and pesto, and shrimp and grits). Our tasting at the Salthouse showroom left us incredibly happy, yearning for more and confident we'd made the right decision. On our wedding day, Vince went out of his way to bring my groom and I plates of all of the different appetizers while we were finishing up with the photographers. Once inside, Vince was sure to have plates ready for us at our seats. One of the most incredibly considerate aspects of the night was when I saw wait staff tending to the table that my father, grandmother and older relatives were seated at. We are so happy to have had the pleasure to work with Salthouse, but most notably, Vince DiSalvo. We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Cassi Perinotti · Married on 03/31/2019

Absolutely amazing

Let me start this review by saying.. if you do not choose Salthouse, you have made a mistake. My husband and I recently got married at Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC. I was a bride from New Jersey and my husband and I both come from large Italian families where food is central in every aspect of our lives. Needless to say, not having the glutenous traditional Italian spread was a risk but boy did it pay off. EVERY SINGLE PERSON at our wedding RAVED about the delicious southern food and how amazing the service was. From the shrimp and grits, to the braised short rib appetizer, and the assortment of petite southern desserts, everything was mouth watering. Our contact, Vince, was available everyday throughout our engagement to make little tweaks to our menu and help us design a meal that we ultimately fell in love with. At times, he would answer our emails within moments of us sending with everything updated! I cannot say enough good things about this caterer. Their attention to detail was incredibly from the plating, quality of bar service, and even making sure the service platters matched the theme of my wedding. I would use Salthouse over and over. They deserve more than 5 stars.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Michelle e Smith · Married on 03/23/2019

Catering for Charleston, SC wedding

Salthouse is one of the best in the business. Vince, the sales manager I worked with, was so responsive, willing to work within my budget, and on top of everything. The food was AMAZING and we received so many compliments on it from our guests. HIGHLY recommend Salthouse to anyone looking for top notch catering for their wedding!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Liza · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing Experience!!

Working with Salthouse Catering and Vince and his team was absolutely incredible! Going into the wedding planning experience, I assumed that providing food to our guests would be a check the box. However, Salthouse not only provided incredible food for our 155 guests but added so much to our guest experience with their amazing displays of food, wonderful staff and even packing up all the extra for my husband and I to take at the end of the night, as we barely had any time to eat during the reception. Vince and his team came up with a diverse menu that appealed to all ages and tastes and showcased the best of the lowcountry. Moreover, Vince was great about helping us schedule our tasting, as my husband and I live out of time and needed some flexibility due to work schedules. The tasting included full size samples from every part of our menu and the team worked with us to pick out everything from sauces to serving dishes that we preferred. Finally, nothing says more about Vince than our guest reviews, with many people telling us how delicious the food was!! We had people reach out months after the wedding to tell us it is the best wedding food they have ever had/ how they have never had grits cooked that well/ how much they loved the steak and the glaze for the fried chicken/ and if there was a way they could get the oysters and fish we had at the wedding delivered to them :)

Sent on 03/27/2019
    Salthouse Catering 8
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/12/2019

Absolutely Amazing

From the beginning Vince and the team at Salthouse were nothing short of amazing. It was easy to stay in touch and Vince was knowledgeable not only about the food but about making our vision come to life. He helped coordinate and lined up our bartenders and all of our rentals. Our guest could not get enough of the food at our wedding and our day would not have been the same without Salthouse!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Alice Shawen · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious Food and Delightful Employees

Vince was wonderful in providing the perfect food choices for our dinner stations. Guests from all over the U.S. attended my daughter's wedding and they all shared it was the best wedding food they have ever had. I highly recommend Vince and Salthouse!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Rochelle

Rochelle · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Charleston Selection you Can Make

Simply the best and I am very picky. Vince was great throughout, they were VERY flexible, accommodating, and professional. Best of all, food was fantastic. Definitely the best caterer to choose for your event, especially if you're "foodies" like we are !

Sent on 11/06/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and wish you all the best.
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/27/2018

Simply the best!

We had the most wonderful experience working with Salthouse Catering for our wedding!! The food was absolutely amazing - everything we tried at our tasting was so delicious, we had trouble narrowing down items for our final menu because we wanted it all! We ended up going with a "stations" style reception to give our guests the opportunity to try multiple items (crab cakes + salad, braised short rib + mashed potatoes, fried chicken + mac n cheese). Our guests have not stopped raving about about the food and multiple people said it was the best wedding meal they've had!
    Vince was truly a joy to work with throughout the process -- he was extremely responsive, accommodating, and detail oriented. He worked diligently to create a menu that was customized exactly to our taste and budget, and was very flexible on some last minute changes. He made us feel extremely confident that everything would go off without a hitch on the big day! Do yourself a favor and book Salthouse now!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and say such kind words. We think Vince is pretty amazing too! All our best to you now and always.

Allison · Married on 10/07/2018

Vince and the entire Salthouse Team were incredible to work with! From the beginning, Vince's responsiveness was quick and thorough. Vince allowed us to visit for 2 different tastings so that we could feel better about our final decision. Choosing Salthouse was such an easy choice! The food was delicious. The service the night of our wedding reception was spectacular. We were immediately served so that we didn't have to wait in the station lines. Vince also came by to check in on us! So many of our guests have raved about the passed appetizers as well! Highly recommend Salthouse!!!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write! We were happy to be part of your special day and wish you all the best going forward.
  • Christiana

Christiana · Married on 10/05/2018

There are so many good things to say about Salthouse Catering, where do I even start? The food was amazing--from the appetizers to the biscuit bar to the fried chicken, it was the best wedding food I have ever had. Our guests have been raving about it nonstop, we have gotten so many compliments. Vince was an absolute dream to work with. When we saw him at our wedding, it was like seeing one of our friends--he took such great care of us. From building the perfect menu, to revisions, to our tasting, every interaction with Vince gave us total confidence in how our wedding would turn out. Salthouse was the absolute best!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review. We were so happy to be part of your BIG day and wish you all the best going forward!

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

We were blown away by Vince and his talented team at Salthouse Catering. The customer service, communication, and organization leading up to the wedding weekend was top notch. We live in Charleston, SC and we served a lot of Southern cuisine- including late night chicken biscuits. Many of our guests have continued to talk about how delicious the food was. I highly recommend Salthouse Catering. I will surely be using them again in the future for other events.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Tammy · Married on 09/08/2018

Vincenzo and the team at Salthouse were beyond amazing from start to finish!! Charleston was a destination wedding for us, and working with Vincenzo made it a breeze. He is professional, sweet, and very responsive. We loved the station-style dinner, which made it easy to customize in order to accommodate the vegetarians at our wedding. The fried chicken, shrimp and grits, mac and cheese, and broccoli salad were definitely our favorites. I didn’t get to try the desserts, but the guests raved about them. Best of all, Salthouse was so sweet to make special trays of hors d'oeuvres for us at the wedding, and boxed up all the leftovers for us to enjoy later. We would highly recommend Salthouse catering for your wedding or any event!!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Salthouse Catering 9
    Salthouse Catering 10

Emily · Married on 08/25/2018

I can't say enough great things about Salthouse. We knew from the beginning that food was an important element of our wedding day for us and Vince and team exceeded our expectations in every possible way. Our wedding was a month ago and our guests are still talking about the food, seriously. (Sidenote- the surprise star- the purple mashed potatoes!!)
    From the start, Vince understood our vision (family-style) and worked with us and our budget to make it a reality. Vince was always timely and professional in his communications with us and he sweats the details (two things I placed a super high value during the planning process). As a result, we were able to go in to our wedding day trusting his team would hit it out of the park. And, they did. I could go on and on but honestly, just book them. Unless you are looking for terrible food and subpar service, you won't regret it. THANK YOU SALTHOUSE! YOU MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE!

Sent on 09/19/2018