Salthouse Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Ali
    Ali C. Married on 07/09/2021

Delicious and beautifully presented

Vince and his staff did a wonderful job catering our wedding. They did a beautiful presentation with even better taste. I’d highly recommend!
    Erin J. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing food for any event!

When we decided to have a mini-mony at a rental house and keep it as small as possible, our wedding planner recommended we do Salthouse's to go options for appetizers and dinner. We could not have been happier with the food!! Even though it was to-go, it was all delicious, portions were quite large, and it still felt like we had catered food there - SO delicious. Not to mention, Vince from Salthouse was super responsive and accommodating of our different questions/requests as we planned. Thank you to Salthouse for making our day special!

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review! We are happy to have been a part of your plans. Our new to go menu has worked well during these crazy times and are glad that it suited your needs so well. We wish you all the best!
    Sarah D. Married on 04/09/2021

Incredible wedding reception food and service from Salthouse

Salthouse went above and beyond to make our wedding reception food dreams come true! The food was unique and delicious, and the team could not have been more helpful, attentive, and responsive. The whole process from the tasting to the wedding night was seamless, and Vince was there every step of the way to answer any questions. We received so many compliments from our guests how our stationed-style reception had "wedding food like they've never tasted before", and I will undoubtedly use Salthouse for any future catering needs. I can't recommend them enough!

• Lindsay
    Lindsay R. Married on 03/13/2021

Delicious & accommodating

Salthouse helped make our vegan wedding dreams come true! The food was absolutely delicious and Vincenzo and the team really went above and beyond to help us plan, taste and serve really amazing food at both our rehearsal and wedding reception. They were extremely accommodating for our request for fully plant-based meals and we served dishes including buffalo cauliflower bites, white bean meatballs, eggplant parmesan, Impossible burger sliders, teriyaki mushroom skewers and penne a la vodka. I highly recommend working with Salthouse, you won't be disappointed!
  • MEGHAN
    Meghan O. Married on 03/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!!

Salthouse was one of the the best decisions we made on our wedding day. From day 1, Vince was so responsive, helpful and professional. The team blew us (and our guests) away with their beautiful and delicious creations! They even made sure to cater to a few of our guests with celiac disease, and our guests were so grateful for that. Vince was so incredible to work with and he took all of the stress and guesswork out of the process. 100% recommend!!
    Jennifer F. Married on 11/14/2020

Salthouse was exceptional in every way!

Salthouse was was absolutely fabulous! They went above and beyond! We had a last minute need for a brunch, and Salthouse exceeded our expectations, by far! They treated our small event like a million-dollar event. Vincenzo, the Sales Manager, was extremely professional and the communication was FABULOUS!! There was never a moment that I did not know what was going on. Karen arrived at the venue an hour early to be sure she was on time and was very organized. The food was delicious and service was exceptional! I would recommend Salthouse for ANY event!!!
    Susan H. Married on 11/10/2020

Salthouse is professional and impeccable to details!

Salthouse just did my daughter's Wedding at Cypress Trees Plantation on Edisto Island, SC. The food, the service, the presentation, the taste, and Vince ..were impeccable and beyond expectations!! They did an exceptional job with Covid guidelines ...we felt safe with all in place and how professional they maintained from start to finish. You will be glad you chose Salthouse for your next event !! I know I will choose them again .

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice review. We sincerely appreciate it. Catering during Covid has been challenging and we're happy you felt safe with our team and the practices we've put in place.
  • Anna
    Anna C. Married on 10/17/2020

Top tier food and experience!

Vince and his team at Salthouse are the best! Our food was not only some of the most delicious food I have had, but the staff was courteous and friendly as well. The entire planning process from the initial consult to the tasting to the big day on 11/7/20 was absolutely wonderful. They were accommodating and thorough, and made the planning process enjoyable. Our guests could not stop raving about the food, and we are definitely planning on booking them for future events! I told my now husband that one of the things I was looking forward to the most at our reception was getting to eat Salthouse again. If you want a caterer that is detail-oriented, prompt, and will have your guests going back for seconds and thirds, look no further!
  • Katie
    Katie D. Married on 10/16/2020

Best Caterer in Charleston

Salt House is hands down the best caterer in Charleston. Everyone at my wedding reception was raving about how amazing the food was, many said it was the best tasting food they ever had at a wedding. Having good food at the wedding was a must for my Dad (who was paying the bill) and Salt House did not disappoint him! Vincenzo is very responsive and easy to work with. They will customize things for you and work around food allergies. My wedding had to be postponed for 6 months due to the pandemic so there were soooo many changes to be made and Vincenzo handled everything with ease. Salt House also catered the Brunch I had the next day for all my out of town guests. If you are a foodie like we are then you should definitely give Salt House a try, you will not be disappointed!!!!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 10/10/2020

Best Caterers in Charleston!

We had the most wonderful experience working with Vince and the entire Salthouse team! Vince was so responsive, thorough, and professional in the many conversations we had together! He made the entire process easy. He was so organized and honest and did everything they could to make sure our event ran smoothly and safely during covid.

The food and service on our wedding day was phenomenal!!! Our guests are still can’t talking about the food! Vince recommended stations for our needs and it was so much fun! Our guests really enjoyed having stations and I was really appreciative that the staff made sure to tell the guests they could visit all of the stations. Thank you so much Salthouse!!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah N. Married on 10/02/2020

Best food, Best people!!

I had the pleasure of having Salthouse cater my recent wedding and rehearsal dinner on October 2nd, 2020 in Charleston and first I’ll just start by saying I 110% recommended Salthouse Catering for so many reasons (other than the delicious food of course!). My mom and I worked very closely with Vince for the better part of a year, and from literally start to finish Vince was professional, personable, so informative, and always very responsive. Him and his team (shout out to Rachel!!) are amazing and truly the best at what they do. The food was heavenly, like so sooo good. We had wedding guests commenting and asking for weeks how they loved the food and who catered, of course we are happy to tell them and recommend Salthouse. The quality of service=impeccable, the food=absolutely amazing, presentation=beautiful, I could go on and on. Thank you Salthouse, Vince and Rachel for all of your hard work in making our wedding day the best day of our lives
  • Christy
    Christy L. Married on 09/25/2020

Highly recommended!

My wife and I highly recommend Vince and his team at Salthouse Catering to cater your event! Vince is extremely responsive and very easy to work with. I live in Indianapolis, so all of our communication was done over the phone and through email. He made the entire planning process easy and stress free. During the pandemic, my wife and I determined that we needed to reschedule our wedding for the fall. I was concerned that Salthouse would charge us for rescheduling. When I told Vince that we were changing the date, not only was he understanding, but he was supportive of our decision. Vince also helped us coordinate with the company that provided the tables, chairs, linens, etc. As we closed in on the day of the wedding, our attendee numbers were fluctuating a lot. Vince was able to modify our numbers days before the ceremony. During the reception, his team provided an incredible service. They were extremely respectful and professional. We received several compliments on the excellent food and quality of service, and overall we had a great time. Thank you Vince and the rest of your Salthouse Catering team!
    Cara Married on 08/07/2020

Could not be happier with our wedding catering!

Salthouse Catering was amazing to work with! Not only is their staff so great, their food is so delicious! Vincenzo at Salthouse helped us create our Charleston wedding menu from afar, as we live in California. He was amazing to work with, especially after the covid pandemic shifted our guest count and food needs for our August 2020 wedding. Vincenzo at Salthouse was so responsive and professional and made sure all of our food needs were accommodated. I am beyond pleased with how everything turned out! We look forward to working with Salthouse Catering again!
    -Cara
  • Ryleigh
    Ryleigh E. Married on 07/25/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Salthouse was absolutely amazing from start to finish. Vince was so helpful and accommodating to our needs and had excellent recommendations, as well. The food service went smoothly and all of the food was delicious! They also took the time to ensure myself and my husband were fed and taken care of throughout the whirlwind that is a wedding when you’re the bride and groom! I can not recommend Salthouse and especially, Vince more highly. They’re awesome!!
    Jaclyn T. Married on 07/10/2020

Awesome Experience & Delicious Food

We worked with Tanya at Salthouse and our entire experience from start to finish was incredible. From the first meeting to the night of our wedding the staff were friendly and professional. It poured rain the day of our wedding and Tanya was the first to reassure us that they were 110% prepared and ready to conquer the rainy night ahead (in our fully outdoor venue). The food was prepared perfectly and the presentation was beautiful (and dry!). Overall, the culinary experience provided by Salthouse did not feel or taste like "wedding food" - it was unique and memorable! Our guests are still raving about the food! Thank you to the whole Salthouse team!

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and were happy to be part of your special day!
    Megan T. Married on 06/05/2020

Best food we've ever had!

If you are looking to stun your guests with incredible food and drinks at your wedding Salthouse is the way to go. The food is absolutely to die for. We couldn't have been more pleased and our guests were raving about the food. Many of our guests said it was hands down the best food they had ever had at a wedding and we couldn't agree more. From the first time we spoke to Vince to the final goodbye to the chef at the end of the evening Salthouse was first class. We had three different wedding dates and they were so flexible with us, and our guest count was constantly changing due to border restrictions and they were so understanding. Their staff was so professional and even complimented me as the bride, which was so incredibly sweet. We cannot say enough good things about them so we'll just leave it at this, HIRE THEM ASAP!
    Tara V. Married on 03/21/2020

Incredible service!

Vince and his team were amazing to work with! Guests were (& still are) raving about how delicious the food was! They made sure every detail was taken care of, including the bride and groom not going hungry which is always important :) So easy to work with from start to finish, highly recommend!!!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia H. Married on 02/29/2020

Couldn't have been better!

When my husband and I first started planning our wedding we made a list of priorities. Both of us had good food at the top. We went to several tastings and there was no question Salthouse was the best. The hardest part was deciding what to select from their extensive menu because everything we tried was amazing. We loved them so much that we also had them cater our rehearsal dinner too. Not only was the food amazing, Vince was a pleasure to work with and made sure every need of ours was met. The staff at both of our events were professional and accommodating to our guests requests. I had heard horror stories of people not getting a chance to eat at their wedding, not us. We were brought all of the food and enjoyed every bite. Thank you so much for making our wedding weekend delicious :)
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 02/08/2020

Went above & beyond! Fantastic food & service!

Where do I even begin? From the beginning of our planning process, Vincenzo with Salthouse Catering was professional, accommodating, and knowledgeable! Charleston was a destination wedding for us, and I had my doubts about being so far away, but the communication was seamless and timely! We were never left wondering or questioning as Vincenzo's knowledge was paramount! We were able to offer TASTY vegan and gluten free options for our guests, which per guest feedback, became the most popular dishes of the night...that tofu and mushroom over farro...YUM! I loved that their ingredients are local and really highlight this rich Low-country cuisine. The catering staff went above and beyond in their attention to detail throughout the night and I never felt like there was a lack of staff around to ensure my guests had everything they needed! Thank you thank you thank you! It was more than we could have ever asked for!
  • Evan
    Carrie Married on 02/08/2020

Best caterer in Charleston!

Vince and Salthouse provided 5 star service from the menu planning, to the tasting, through the reception and after. Vince was responsive, patient and so helpful with all our questions. It was such a pleasure working with him and his team. In addition to the great service, the food was incredibly delicious. We still have friends tell us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Salthouse was a huge part of making our wedding reception everything we dreamed of and more.
  • Josie
    Josie A. Married on 11/08/2019

Do Yourself a Favor - Get the Scallops

Tanya was a total rockstar. Our wedding was truly a dream and a huge part of that is thanks to Salthouse. The number one compliment we have received from our guests has been how amazing the food was. All of the staff was so attentive and made sure everyone was catered to.

The scallops.... oh, the scallops. That's really all I can say. Guests were passing $20 bills around to keep the scallops coming to their side of the room if that speaks to their hype.

Thank you, Tanya, for your patience and expertise during our planning phase and for absolutely KILLING IT at the wedding. The cocktail station was that of charcuterie dreams. No lines, everyone full and happy, and the food and its presentation was beautiful.

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate it very much and were happy to be part of your special day! All our best to you and Reid!
    Megan Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome food - even better service!!

Not only did Vince and his team make the planning so easy (and a lot of fun!), but their food was astoundingly delicious. We continue to receive compliments on the amazing food we had at our reception. Vince is extremely detail oriented and put us at ease with his thoroughness in every aspect of the planning. He helped us put together the perfect menu for our guests and catered to every single request we had. We cannot speak highly enough of Salthouse Catering and wish we could have a weekly tasting with them!
    Beth Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic experience

Our experience with Salthouse and Vince was flawless. The food was amazing and the professionalism was off the charts. Vince listened carefully to our needs (I have a dairy allergy, groom is pescatarian), and our wishes (making this a memorable experience for our guests) and balanced our menu beautifully so that we and our guests had a fantastic experience. Our location set-up was challenging and Vince's suggestions were spot-on with how to deal with it. The staff was great and very personable and professional. The plates were gorgeous. We couldn't be happier. There are many food choices in Charleston. You cannot go wrong with Salthouse.

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate it very much and were happy to be part of your special day.
  • Heather
    Heather R. Married on 07/17/2019

Book them now!

Vince was the most amazing person to work with during the entire wedding process. He was so lovely and nice, the best person during this crazy process of planning a wedding. As god as he is, the food is EVEN BETTER!!! It is so beautifully presented and I am still hearing raves from my guests. They capture everything that you would want to a Charleston wedding. My husband and I are super foodies and we can guarantee you will be thrilled you picked salthouse for all of your catering needs!! So many options and all of them are to DIE FOR!!! Waking up the day after the wedding and having hang-over food and a WHOLE container of wedding cake was the cherry on top! Do yourself a favor and book them while you can!!!
  • Carrie
    Carrie Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely amazing!

I do not have enough nice things to say about Salthouse Catering! Vince and his team are absolutely amazing! The food is spectacular, and their efforts to make your event perfect can not be matched. They are extremely accommodating of any and all needs or questions you might have and the presentation is flawless. Delicious food! Kind, professional staff! I will absolutely use them again for events in the future!