Salthouse Catering Reviews

Salthouse Catering 4
Salthouse Catering 5

Alice Shawen · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious Food and Delightful Employees

Vince was wonderful in providing the perfect food choices for our dinner stations. Guests from all over the U.S. attended my daughter's wedding and they all shared it was the best wedding food they have ever had. I highly recommend Vince and Salthouse!

• Rochelle

Rochelle · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Charleston Selection you Can Make

Simply the best and I am very picky. Vince was great throughout, they were VERY flexible, accommodating, and professional. Best of all, food was fantastic. Definitely the best caterer to choose for your event, especially if you're "foodies" like we are !

Sent on 11/06/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and wish you all the best.
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/27/2018

Simply the best!

We had the most wonderful experience working with Salthouse Catering for our wedding!! The food was absolutely amazing - everything we tried at our tasting was so delicious, we had trouble narrowing down items for our final menu because we wanted it all! We ended up going with a "stations" style reception to give our guests the opportunity to try multiple items (crab cakes + salad, braised short rib + mashed potatoes, fried chicken + mac n cheese). Our guests have not stopped raving about about the food and multiple people said it was the best wedding meal they've had!
    Vince was truly a joy to work with throughout the process -- he was extremely responsive, accommodating, and detail oriented. He worked diligently to create a menu that was customized exactly to our taste and budget, and was very flexible on some last minute changes. He made us feel extremely confident that everything would go off without a hitch on the big day! Do yourself a favor and book Salthouse now!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and say such kind words. We think Vince is pretty amazing too! All our best to you now and always.

Allison · Married on 10/07/2018

Vince and the entire Salthouse Team were incredible to work with! From the beginning, Vince's responsiveness was quick and thorough. Vince allowed us to visit for 2 different tastings so that we could feel better about our final decision. Choosing Salthouse was such an easy choice! The food was delicious. The service the night of our wedding reception was spectacular. We were immediately served so that we didn't have to wait in the station lines. Vince also came by to check in on us! So many of our guests have raved about the passed appetizers as well! Highly recommend Salthouse!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write! We were happy to be part of your special day and wish you all the best going forward.

Christiana · Married on 10/05/2018

There are so many good things to say about Salthouse Catering, where do I even start? The food was amazing--from the appetizers to the biscuit bar to the fried chicken, it was the best wedding food I have ever had. Our guests have been raving about it nonstop, we have gotten so many compliments. Vince was an absolute dream to work with. When we saw him at our wedding, it was like seeing one of our friends--he took such great care of us. From building the perfect menu, to revisions, to our tasting, every interaction with Vince gave us total confidence in how our wedding would turn out. Salthouse was the absolute best!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review. We were so happy to be part of your BIG day and wish you all the best going forward!

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

We were blown away by Vince and his talented team at Salthouse Catering. The customer service, communication, and organization leading up to the wedding weekend was top notch. We live in Charleston, SC and we served a lot of Southern cuisine- including late night chicken biscuits. Many of our guests have continued to talk about how delicious the food was. I highly recommend Salthouse Catering. I will surely be using them again in the future for other events.

Tammy · Married on 09/08/2018

Vincenzo and the team at Salthouse were beyond amazing from start to finish!! Charleston was a destination wedding for us, and working with Vincenzo made it a breeze. He is professional, sweet, and very responsive. We loved the station-style dinner, which made it easy to customize in order to accommodate the vegetarians at our wedding. The fried chicken, shrimp and grits, mac and cheese, and broccoli salad were definitely our favorites. I didn’t get to try the desserts, but the guests raved about them. Best of all, Salthouse was so sweet to make special trays of hors d'oeuvres for us at the wedding, and boxed up all the leftovers for us to enjoy later. We would highly recommend Salthouse catering for your wedding or any event!!

Salthouse Catering 6
    Salthouse Catering 7

Emily · Married on 08/25/2018

I can't say enough great things about Salthouse. We knew from the beginning that food was an important element of our wedding day for us and Vince and team exceeded our expectations in every possible way. Our wedding was a month ago and our guests are still talking about the food, seriously. (Sidenote- the surprise star- the purple mashed potatoes!!)
    From the start, Vince understood our vision (family-style) and worked with us and our budget to make it a reality. Vince was always timely and professional in his communications with us and he sweats the details (two things I placed a super high value during the planning process). As a result, we were able to go in to our wedding day trusting his team would hit it out of the park. And, they did. I could go on and on but honestly, just book them. Unless you are looking for terrible food and subpar service, you won't regret it. THANK YOU SALTHOUSE! YOU MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE!

Teri · Married on 06/09/2018

If you want awesome food and service, go with this caterer. Tonya and her team are the best. Everyone loved the food at our wedding reception and raved about the service. We wanted food that our guests would totally enjoy and talk about. We got exactly that. Our wedding reception was so amazing and our friends are still talking about the great food. Thank you so much Tonya!!!! Teri and Jeff

Kristen Mcmanness · Married on 05/27/2018

Highly Recommend Salthouse!

We had the most exceptional experience with Salthouse Catering and would hire them again in a heartbeat. Vince was incredible to work with. He was one of the most responsive and thorough people I worked with throughout wedding planning and made the process stress-free. We received many comments from guests that the food was the best they have had at a wedding. We changed some things after our tasting and Vince really made the menu align with our tastes. We weren’t disappointed with the items we didn’t try during our tasting and the quality and flavor were extremely consistent with that of the food tasting. We would 100% go with Salthouse again and highly recommend them!

Abi · Married on 05/12/2018

Everything you want in a caterer!

This review is very long overdue (5 months to be exact) but I absolutely must let everyone know how amazing Salthouse Catering is and that you shouldn't look anywhere else! Vince is such a great person to work with and helps you decide what is best for your day. You can tell Tanya, Todd and Vince actually care about their clients and want you to have the best food and experience for your day. Speaking of the food, it is absolutely delicious and unique from other caterers. It's fresh and creative! The service is always amazing and the staff help however they can. Thanks to Vince for helping us decide the best route for style of service, food and everything in between! There are good caterers in Charleston but Salthouse is the BEST!

Catherine · Married on 04/28/2018

Vince and his team are amazing! From planning to the actual event, Vince was so patient, detail oriented, responsive, professional and just a joy to work with! I was blown away by the food and service and how all of the details came together under his flawless execution. My husband and I were able to just relax and enjoy the evening because we knew everything was handled! We received so many nice comments from guests raving about the food, service and the staff. I've heard from so many people about their "favorite" dishes and I think every single item was mentioned! The tacos and mac and cheese bar were a huge hit, as were the oysters! The to go bag was such a nice treat and we enjoyed snacking on all of the leftovers for days after. I can't recommend Vince and Salthouse enough!

Mandy · Married on 04/14/2018

If you want the best of the best food plus beautiful presentation, go with Salthouse. Vince was amazing to work with from the first time I spoke with him. He was super quick to answer my emails and was very helpful in trying to figure out what we wanted. I could tell early on that they truly care about their clients and your special day. The food: I can't even remember how many compliments we got about the food. Everything we chose was unbelievable. It rained on our wedding day and the Salthouse crew rolled with it way better than I did. They were set up and ready to go and one of the servers even tried to comfort me in my rainy anger/sadness. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about these guys. If they are booked on your date, change your date and hire Salthouse.

• Mim

Mim · Married on 03/23/2018

Vince and his team were beyond incredible from beginning to end. We had them cater our rehearsal dinner and wedding both of which were absolutely delicious. I'm a vegetarian, my husband is a hunter, some of my family is kosher and a few of our friends are gluten free, so needless to say, we had a ton of dietary restrictions among the group for both events! Salthouse provided us with tons of options to satisfy all preferences and even offered to customize the dishes we selected. Aside from Vince's AMAZING service (fast responses, detailed emails, super attentive leading up to wedding and day of), what really wowed us was something Salthouse did on our wedding day. They heard from some of the servers at our rehearsal dinner that we had a few vegans in the group, which I hadn't originally included in our already lengthy dietary restrictions list. With this discovery, they showed up to our wedding with additional ingredients to prepare a truly beautiful vegan plate for those guests at our wedding. If you want delectable food and a fantastic experience leading up to your wedding and especially ON your special day, go with Salthouse!

• PG

Paige · Married on 11/18/2017

Wow. I don't even think I can put in to words how incredible Salthouse is! We met with Vince and he was so helpful! The food at the tasting was phenomenal and just as amazing the day of our wedding! So, SO good! The mini tomato pies are everything! Vince also made sure to bring us a little tray of hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour (PS. the trays with the salt they use are adorable) and packed up left overs for us to take home. We definitely enjoyed those as a late night snack and the next day!! I highly recommend using them for not only their fabulous food but exceptional service!

Carter Ann · Married on 10/28/2017

Salthouse elevated our wedding as a "Welcome to Charleston" culinary experience for our whole family!!! We were married at the end of October at Old Wide Awake Plantation. Vince and the whole crew were detailed and responsive from the tasting through the wedding! We focused a lot of our budget on catering and Salthouse delivered.

We selected the farm table Southern antipasto for our cocktail hour (which Vince helped customize with cheese selections we wanted to include). It was beautiful and delicious. We then had three dinner stations: BBQ sliders, Build-your-own-Mac 'N Cheese, and Shrimp and Grits. Honestly, it was all incredible; we heard excellent feedback from guests on every station.

Thankfully, Salthouse made sure we were not one of those couples who didn't get to try their wedding food! The staff made us an appetizer plate to enjoy before greeting guests, and then full plates for us to enjoy at dinner.

All in all, I can't recommend Salthouse enough!!! Hire them for your wedding and rest easy: it WILL be incredible!

PS The full budget bar pricing is also a very reasonable option to consider with your catering. So easy!

Alan · Married on 10/20/2017

5 Star service all around from Salthouse. From planning the menu, to flawless set up, and execution. We ended up doing 3 full stations along with an oyster bar. All of the food turned out fantastic, and our guests were absolutely thrilled. The value was incredible, and I'd highly recommend reaching out to Salthouse for any catering needs around Charleston.

Caroline · Married on 10/15/2017

Vince and his group at Salt House were absolutely amazing! Through out all of our interactions the Salt House team was professional, personable and reliable. During the event the food was displayed beautifully and tasted amazing. Vince truly went above and beyond to make sure that everything went as planned on the day of and even was even able to accommodate some last minute dietary restrictions. The guest could not stop talking about quality of the food and how delicious the shrimp and grits were. Vince even made sure to give me a little snack from our cocktail hour before walking down the aisle! :-) The leftover food was packaged up and was nice to have after the festivities. I highly recommend choosing Salt House for your wedding or special event, you will not be disappointed!

• Deidre

Deidre · Married on 10/13/2017

We recently moved to Charleston and did a lot of research before choosing a cater for our upcoming wedding. In the end we decided to go with Salthouse Catering as our choice and we could not have been happier. Vince and his group were absolutely amazing! I have been in the hospitality industry for quiet some time and I have never seen or worked with a staff like his. Since our first interactions with them they have been professional, personable and reliable. On top of that all of the food was displayed beautifully and tasted amazing. They truly went above and beyond to make both my husband and I incredibly happy. Our guest could not stop talking about the display and the quality of the food. They thought of everything and helped us with everything the day off; things we had not even thought of. I highly recommend choosing them for your wedding or special event in Charleston you will not be disappointed!

Marsha · Married on 09/30/2017

Salthouse Catering recently catered my daughter's wedding. Vince was patient with us as we made changes and worked closely with as to make our vision come to fruition. The food was spectacular, the service superb. Guests commented throughout the night how delicious the food was and the attentiveness of the staff. Thank you, Salthouse!

Danielle · Married on 09/17/2017

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Salthouse on our September 17, 2017 wedding. Not only was the food delicious, but Vince was a dream to work with. He answered all of our crazy questions, helped us customize our menu and was so patient throughout the entire process. Additionally, the Salthouse staff at our event was so friendly and accommodating and truly seemed to enjoy their jobs. If you want a company that not only makes great food but makes you a priority as a client, chose Salthouse!

• Molly

Molly · Married on 09/03/2017

Salthouse Catering delivered fabulous food on our wedding day that our guests raved about. The late night Chicken Biscuit snack was a hit!

We worked with Vince and he was always attentive with quick responses. He even took time while on vacation to ensure we had a response! He arranged the bar service which helped to decrease the number of vendors we had to communicate with. He is also able to arrange rentals if needed.

They were also able to cater to various food allergies, creating a special meal for one guest with celiac disease! I would not hesitate to recommend Salthouse to anyone needing a caterer for their wedding day!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Salthouse Catering's reply:

Thanks for your kind review! Happy to be part of your big day!

Neil · Married on 09/02/2017

Vince and his team were absolutely amazing! From the beginning, Vince helped us fine tune our menu based on our love of southern foods. He provided many suggestions without being pushy and really made our menu perfect to our desires. He had great communication, and kept us in the loop every step of the way. He let us know exactly what he needed and provided us all the information to help make decisions. In addition to this the team that came and served at our wedding was absolutely amazing. It truly made the wedding magical. The food was perfectly cooked, and almost every guest complimented us on our selection. The staff helped us more than we would have thought possible and were professional, courteous and polite. The whole experience was smooth. I cannot rate this catering company high enough. If we ever need any type of catering going forward, Salthouse will be our only choice. I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone.

Liz · Married on 08/27/2017

Book Salthouse Catering today! I cannot recommend Vince and his team more. My fiancé and I are Charleston locals and wanted to give our guests the perfect taste of the lowcountry. Salthouse knocked it out of the park. From our initial in-person consultation with Vince, we were hooked. His professionalism is unbeatable; he keeps his client's concerns #1 and his attention to detail is impeccable. He goes above and beyond to ensure the flow of your event is perfect, down to the rentals, timing of reception events and type of serving trays (tasks usually handled by a planner). Vince is also incredibly patient throughout the hectic planning process (spoken from the bride who must plan and research every detail). He never steers you the wrong way. The guests are still raving about the food. Salthouse focuses on seasonal, locally sourced foods. Everything is innovative, fresh and delicious, it will make all of your foodie partygoers happy. For cocktail hour, we passed Hors d'oeuvres which included a Local Cheese Crostini (the hubby is still drooling), Mini Crab Cake, Heritage Farm Smoked BBQ Pork and a Spicy Ahi Tuna Crisp (I want more!!). We also had a large antipasti table. We went with three tapas style stations for dinner: A braised short rib, country fried chicken with mac n’ cheese and Mahi tacos. The beauty of the Salthouse team is they are eager to provide service and quality to their clients. My fiancé and I considered popular Charleston caterers; however, once we spoke with Vince there was no competition. Salthouse insists on giving you the highest quality/service at reasonable prices. The service is top notch. The entire staff is incredibly kind and fun to work with! They take care of absolutely everything. Believe me, you will not regret working with them. Thank you Vince, Chef Todd and Salthouse for the most amazing wedding experience. Your professionalism and customer care were highly valued and much appreciated.