Salt Cake City Reviews

42 | South Jordan, UT

42 Reviews for Salt Cake City

42 Salt Cake City Reviews

Kenzie · Married on 09/22/2018

Jennifer makes BEAUTIFUL cakes that are absolutely delicious! I wanted to take my entire cake home fully intact and keep it forever it was so amazing. She's so patient and flexible with a bride's ever changing mind. I can't thank her enough for listening and delivering the way she did. GET YOUR CAKE FROM SALT CAKE CITY! You won't be disappointed and your guests will rave about how yummy your cake was.

Salt Cake City 1
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 08/17/2018

Beautiful and delicious

Jennifer was amazing in creating the perfect, most delicious cakes for our special day. My only regret is that I didn't get to eat much of them. I will definitely be ordering cakes from her again!

Salt Cake City 2
    Salt Cake City 3
    Salt Cake City 4

Jenny · Married on 07/21/2018

Jennifer is AMAZING! All of our cake flavors (I'm told) were delicious. She helped me surprise my groom with a cake AND make a surprise cake for our friends' anniversary. We had no cake left at the end of the wedding because it was ALL EATEN. Holy moly. We're going to have to have Jennifer make us a cake for our 1 year anniversary. Thank you so much!

Salt Cake City 5

Krista · Married on 06/03/2018

First I should say that our wedding cake was very important to me. I wanted it to be a beautiful and delicious centerpiece at our wedding. Thanks to Jenn it was both! Unlike some other wedding bakeries around town, Jenn had an extensive list of cake flavors and combinations. We were able to serve six different flavors at our wedding, which was really fun. She sat down with us to review our options and provided yummy cupcake samples of six different flavors. She also corresponded with me over email as I changed my mind again and again. She was very patient! In the end, she recreated a cake design that I loved. She did an amazing job. I am so happy we chose Salt Cake City for our wedding!

Salt Cake City 6

Kjirsten · Married on 12/16/2017

Love love love Salt Cake City!!! I highly recommend using them!

• emtblasier@gmail.com

Nathan · Married on 10/07/2017

Jennifer was an absolute doll to work with. My husband and I decided to do a small wedding cake and cupcakes for our wedding. I think the taste testing was the hardest part because she has SO many delicious flavors to choose from. We narrowed it down to 4 cupcake flavors and she helped us come up with how many to order. Her set up before the ceremony looked amazing. We were all over the place at our wedding and we didn’t get to have any of the cupcakes. Luckily my mother in law had some saved and after 10days from the wedding, they were still moist and just as delicious!!

Thank you so much Jennifer.

Theresa · Married on 09/23/2017

Jennifer is fantastic! Our wedding cake was perfect, exactly what we wanted. Best of all, it was delicious! We served our cake and Jennifer allowed us to have four different flavors to serve as well. Her apple spice is to die for. Her cakes are so moist and the icing is not overwhelming. Perfection!

Shelbi · Married on 09/02/2017

Jennifer was absolutely wonderful to work with! She has so many different flavors and every single one we tried was delicious! We got so many compliments on the cake and cupcakes. We did a three tier cake and every tier was a different flavor. She also did our groomscake for the rehearsal dinner and that was a big hit! She did an R2D2 with him in a tux and the tux was our wedding colors! Everything turned out perfectly. Her prices are also not bad at all. I would recommend her to anyone when looking for a cake for your wedding! She is the best!!

Katie · Married on 06/10/2017

If I could give more than five stars, I definitely would! Jennifer is an absolute delight to work with, and her cakes look and taste AMAZING! I live in another state so coordinating a wedding from afar was a bit tough, but Jennifer was SO flexible and willing to help answer all of the random ideas I had. She responds very quickly, is extremely creative, and even let us do a tasting a week before the wedding since it was the only time I was in SLC.
    I had sent Jennifer a picture of a little campfire toy I was hoping she could reproduce in cake form for our topper, and she went above and beyond. I let Jennifer have a little freedom in creating our topper for our cake, and she went above and beyond what I could imagine. She also included a little nod to our honeymoon on the cake, with mountains around the side of the cake and direction signs to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.
    We also got mini cupcakes from Jennifer and they were a HIT. We had so many compliments on how delicious each flavor was (we got Smores, Spice cake, and Mexican Chocolate Chip). Her prices are also great compared to other bakers in the area.
    If you are even questioning who to get, I would add Salt Cake City on social media and see the AMAZING creations she makes. You won't be disappointed.

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2016

I had a Harry Potter wedding and so my cake of course had to be Harry Potter. I had an inspiration photo from the internet and just wanted to make some tweaks to it. The cake that Jennifer from Salt Cake City made was EXACTLY what I wanted. It was gorgeous! And delicious, which is surprising for being a fondant cake. She was very flexible with flavors and size. She answered emails quickly and professionally, and always said exactly what I wanted to hear. Definitely recommend Salt Cake City.

Eryn · Married on 09/22/2016

I love salt cake city! So delicious!

I'd give Jennifer 100 stars if I could!

She was very flexible with times for the cake tasting, and was very good at explaining the number of servings for different cake sizes. She understood what we wanted, even if we weren't too sure ourselves!

She made sure that the cake arrived to the venue at the right time to keep it fresh and ready for all to see. Also, she is truly an artist--I was able to leave her some faux flowers (day-of) that I wanted to have adorn the cake, and she NAILED IT. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful cake!!!

If I have any other kind of event that requires a fancy cake, you better believe I'll be going to Salt Cake City. Not only are Jennifer's cakes beautiful, but the flavors are phenomenal! We got 4 different flavors for our separate layers: almond joy, fuzzy strawberry, german chocolate, and apple spice. The cakes were moist and delicious and the fillings were to die for. The buttercream frosting was divine!

And her pricing is straightforward and very reasonable!

Brynn · Married on 09/04/2016

We tried a lot of cake before meeting Jennifer with Salt Cake City. Her cake is THE BEST! It is moist, beautiful, and she can create whatever you envision. I look forward to our little cake on our 1 year anniversary...she will bake it fresh for you! I look forward to using her in the future for all of our cake needs!

• Madison

Madison · Married on 06/30/2016

Jennifer was awesome to work with! She was so helpful and was always sending me pictures with ideas of things. I changed my mind a couple times and she was so flexible with everything.

jenna · Married on 06/12/2016

Julie was excellent. Cake tasted great, and it looked perfect!

Amy · Married on 04/14/2016

Jennifer was fantastic to work with! She has amazing cake flavors and we seriously had a sugar overload at our tasting. The cake we selected was very simple, but she recreated it beautifully. The fondant was so delicious!! Everyone raved at how good it was. Also, our florist did not leave enough flowers to decorate the cake so she was able to find some other flowers around our venue to add to the cake and it the end it was perfect! Very responsive to emails and great working with her!

Karen · Married on 04/12/2016

Jennifer is amazing! Her cakes are beautiful, and they taste even better than they look!
    She made magic for our wedding cake! Our favorite flavors, gorgeously decorated to look like the draping of my wedding dress, and the perfect placing of flowers to match our bouquets. It was stunning to look at, and a dream to eat. Our guests still talk about how great it was. The absolute best!

Kieley · Married on 09/26/2015

We LOVED using Salt Cake City and would highly recommend to anyone! Jennifer did a GREAT job making my Avengers wedding cake dreams come to life (my husband and I love the comic books!) and also did a selection of cupcakes that were elegant and beautiful! Her prices were so reasonable and she was super easy to work with!

I can't say enough great things about Jennifer! She was always incredibly quick to respond to my emails and was very professional and friendly. She sent me a bunch of decoration ideas so I could figure out what I wanted my wedding cake to look like. And the cake was delicious! She has a ton of amazing flavors to choose from! I would recommend Salt Cake City to anyone.

Shaunty · Married on 08/23/2015

The cake tasted absolutely fantastic, and our guests loved the decorations. <3

Ashley · Married on 07/18/2015

Jennifer did the cakes for two of our friends' weddings, and they both raved about how great she was to work with. So when I saw she was going to be at the Park City Bridal Fair, we went to meet her.
    Jennifer is SO friendly and a pleasure to work with! She spent a lot of time working with us to make sure we got the cake of our dreams within our budget. Our cake was not the typical wedding cake, and she really went above and beyond on the decorations.
    And her cakes taste FANTASTIC! The cake tasting was the best. We're definitely going to be getting more cakes from her in the future. Highly recommend!

So pleasant, and so fun to work with! Cake(s) were amazing!

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2014

Jennifer is a wizard with sugar and cake—she will exceed all of your expectations!! She pulled off not only a wild and crazy show stopper for our pre wedding BBQ but then worked with my mother in law to create a custom special wedding cake as a surprise for us the night of the wedding. The tone and style of these two cakes could not have been more different, but Jennifer was able to draw subtle lines of symmetry to the two cakes that we will forever cherish!
    For our pre wedding BBQ, I wanted something bright, bold and playfully wild to welcome our guests and serve as a centerpiece for our welcome event. I didn’t quite know what I wanted, but I shared pictures, colors and a range of ideas with Jennifer and she was able to sketch out this dream cake! It was anything but conventional. We had varying shapes and colors on each tier, with a stunning set of cascading flowers running up and down the cake—there was a hidden ninja for my husband and total perfection in the execution. We had four varieties of cake that we served and we were lucky to end up with a small sample of each at the end of the night even though we over ordered—the cake was simply that DELICIOUS! I was so amazed by Jennifer’s ability to bring my vision to life in this once in a life time willy wonka piece!

We were planning to skip the wedding cake (instead opting for the BBQ cake above). My mother in law wanted to do something special for us and honor the travels that my husband and I have enjoyed, so she called Jennifer after I raved about the ease of our working sessions and her creativity. Jennifer then created a perfect white cake with three tiers showcasing both scenes from our travels in white piping (the Eiffel Tower, a favorite hike in Sri Lanka, torri gates from Japan, etc) and topped the cake off with a sweet bride and groom made to look like me and Paul. This was perfectly bridal with subtle texture and a peaceful sense to it, I was blown away.

Dana · Married on 09/13/2014

Jennifer was absolutely amazing!!! Both the wedding cake and groom's cake were just perfect and even better than I envisioned. Our guest were raving over the design and the taste of the cakes. Just great!!!

Chantelle · Married on 06/28/2014

Holy cow Jennifer is AWESOME!! Her prices are fantastic, you get an absolutely beautifully decorated cake and tons of it!! We had a rustic theme for our wedding and she helped us design a whole cake display. Center three tier cake that looked like an aspen tree and four surrounding buttercream cakes with burlap and lace. She is so creative and when I saw the cake table at my wedding I couldn't believe how amazing it looked and tasted!! I 150% recommend Salt Cake City.