Saint Clements Castle Reviews

Saint Clements Castle 7
  • Morgan

Morgan Wells · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Amazed and excited

I am very excited to be getting married at saint Clements Castle 4/25/2020. They are amazing sweet and I was able to stay well under my wedding budget.

Kim K · Married on 10/19/2018

Fairytale wedding

There’s not enough space for us to write every word of praise we have about Saint Clements, so we’ll try to give a brief synopsis. From our first venue meeting until the end of the night at our wedding, we were treated like royalty. There was no question too minor to ask and we felt as though we were always getting individualized attention. The staff was phenomenal and the grounds are gorgeous, which was the original reason we chose Saint Clements. The options for pictures are endless with the views and landscaping. The food was so delicious, even our photographer mentioned this to us. She also told us how well the vendors were treated, which apparently isn’t always the case. We have no regrets choosing Saint Clements Castle for the most special and memorable day of our lives!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Kim,
    This is a great review to start off our year, this is the service we strive to provide consistently to all of our couples. We appreciate you sharing your experience and wish you nothing but the best! Congratulations!
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/07/2018

Fantastic Venue

From the very first email with Saint Clements, the team was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Jake was fantastic with all of my questions and concerns along the way and without him reassuring me of everything, I would’ve been a lot more stressed. I loved having the final meeting and handing over all the necessities for our special day, it definitely decreased the stress level. The day of the wedding, we had our coordinator (provided by the castle) and her assistant who helped ensure we had everything we needed and kept the timeline running smooth. She was amazing! Our guests couldn’t stop commenting on how beautiful it was and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Daniela · Married on 09/28/2018

I had my dream wedding here and it was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! All of my guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was! Kaitlyn (My wedding coordinator for the day) and Amanda (her assistant) made me feel like a queen on that day and they were soooo supportive and wonderful people! They were there when my dress hook came undone and when I was ready to switch from heels to sneakers! 1000% RECOMMEND!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Daniela,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience, congratulations and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness, health and love! Your friends at saint clements castle!

Tessa · Married on 07/03/2018

St. Clements Castle is my favorite place. Every chance I get to go there, I go. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. Pam was there every step of the way leading to the big day. And Jenna and Lulu were there the day of and they were absolutely perfect, we couldn’t of asked for a better staff.

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Saint Clements Castle 12
    Saint Clements Castle 13
    Saint Clements Castle 14

Tessa,
    Thank you for sharing your experience and photos from your beautiful wedding at Saint Clements Castle! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness, Congratulations!

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2018

St Clements is such a wonderful venue and has amazing, professional staff. We had our wedding next to the river and our reception in the Waterford room. The ceremony location is magical, it's so lush, green and beautiful. The grounds staff does a great job making it look beautiful for all the weddings. The rest of the grounds are also really nice for photos and video. There are so many areas you can go to in order to get that perfect shot. I recommend walking around a little more after the tour to enjoy it all and envision the possibilities when you visit.

Our planner was Jake, and he was wonderful, so responsive, ready to accommodate changes without any complaints, encouraging of ideas, and fun. We really enjoyed working with him. Our day of coordinator Danielle, also did a great job. She and the rest of the staff at St Clements made our wedding run seamlessly. It was so easy to work with them and they do so much to make your day go smoothly without involving you, which is what you want on your wedding day so that you can enjoy it rather than worrying about all the details. I highly recommend this venue, they will do an amazing job for your wedding and will really reduce the stress in the planning process.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Brittany,
    Thank you for choosing Saint Clements Castle to host your wedding, we were honored to share your special day. We must agree that one of our best features are our endless photo opportunities to capture the beautiful memories you will make at your wedding, thank you again for sharing and congratulations!

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I got married at St. Clements in June 2018 and it was a dream. The service is incredible. Everyone on staff is so professional and guided us through everything. Our guests had a wonderful time - we'd highly recommend! Katelyn, Brenna, Jake and Judy are fantastic!!! We can't thank them enough for everything they did for us to make our day so special!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Saint Clements Castle 20
    Saint Clements Castle 21
    Saint Clements Castle 22

Sarah,
    Thank you for selecting Saint Clements Castle as your wedding venue! We appreciate the kind words and appreciate you sharing your experience and breathtaking photos with us and future couples! Congratulations to you both, it was our pleasure to host your wedding!
  • BiggsBride

Tenisha · Married on 05/27/2018

Saint Clements Castle is the epitome of class and professionalism. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and their staff has the personalities to match. Pam was my point of contact throughout our 22 months of planning and she is AMAZING! No question was too hard to answer and no request too big. She made sure that things went smoothly each step of the way and I attribute every success of my big day to her, and the SC Team's hard work, dedication and attention to detail. Lulu and Danielle were a joy to work with on the day of and I will be visiting the Castle yearly for the many events that they host, just to relive the experience. I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Tenisha,

Thank you for the kind review and for choosing Saint Clements Castle as your wedding venue! Congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Anna · Married on 05/26/2018

Everything was absolutely amazing the day of my wedding! They not only listen to your needs but deliever every little request. They even brought up things that we had forgotten about and gave out great recommendations. Really helps take a load off when it comes to planning the big day! The staff is truley amazing! They are never in the way but are always there if you need something. I would recommend to any bride and groom to have their wedding here!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband Andy and I got married on 11/4/17 and had our reception in the Prince Edward Ballroom at Saint Clements Castle. We could not have had a more perfect or seamless day! Saint Clements is absolutely beautiful and the service is impeccable. We worked with Judy Fleetwood throughout the planning process and she made it as simple as possible. She told us exactly what they needed from us and when they needed it. We stayed in constant contact and she was always up to date on our latest needs. The staff on the day of the wedding were incredible as well! There were two staff members assigned specifically to Andy and me to ensure we had enough to eat and drink. The food (dinner & cocktail hour) was amazing and beautifully displayed as well. At the end of the night, the staff helped our family pack up all of the gifts and any décor we brought into their cars which was a tremendous help. We can’t even begin to count the number of compliments we received on choosing such a wonderful venue! Thank you so much for an unforgettable wedding day!

Alexandria · Married on 09/08/2017

My husband and I were married on the lawn overlooking the river, with an outdoor cocktail hour and reception in the Waterford Ballroom on 9/8/2017 and everything was beyond perfect.
    Jacob was our weeding coordinator throughout the entire wedding planning process and he is absolutely the best. He was there to answer every e-mail and phone call and was always very reassuring and happy to answer any question or address any concern. Our day of coordinator Jenna was beyond great as well. She went above and beyond to make sure things were just as we had imagined the day of and to make sure that we were enjoying every moment.
    Everything from the scenery, to the food to the overall atmosphere of the day was perfect. My husband and I could not have asked for a more beautiful day, everything was a dream come true.

Emily · Married on 09/03/2017

Had a great experience at our wedding on 9/3/17. They are very helpful and have great service. Beautiful location and great food!

Carolyn · Married on 08/18/2017

I can't say enough positive things about our experience with Saint Clements! Jake was so flexible and accommodating throughout the entire planning process and responded quickly to each email we sent. Our day-of coordinator, Nick, was incredible. Our wedding day was threatening rain for our ceremony, so our ceremony location kept moving from inside to outside as we checked the forecast until we finally decided to move it outside. Nick made sure we were happy and had our decor transported back out quickly! We had a lot of issues behind the scenes, but the staff made sure everything was seamless and perfect to the outsider. Our attendant, Amanda, was friendly and always around when we needed a drink refill and made sure we took time to eat! It was a hectic day, but our experience was top notch. I hope we can go to a wedding there as guests one day and see it from the other side!

Doreen · Married on 08/12/2017

August 12, 2017, wonderful service and beautiful grounds, gardens and views. Terrific food, spectacular wedding!

Aida · Married on 06/09/2017

This place is truly amazing! From beginning to end they made sure that the process was easy for me. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff are so kind. Jake was my event specialist for an entire year and a half and he was great! He responded to all of my questions quickly and made sure that I was not stressing throughout my planning process. St Clements Castle is well worth every penny. Not only is the food great but the fact that the day of the wedding, the staff make sure to set everything up for you the exact way you want it. Danielle was the person who set up my ballroom and she did an amazing job. One less stressor for the bride and groom. Everyone at the wedding complimented the food and the grounds. I just want to say thank you to everyone at St Clements Castle for making my wedding day absolutely beautiful! You guys are great!

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2017

I just had my wedding at the castle and it was absolutely breathtaking. All of my guests loved the venue and said how beautiful it was, as well as the food. I would have to say they went above and beyond what I would have expected especially when one of my bridesmaids gowns broke and Danielle worked her magic and sewed her into it so that my day would not be ruined. I cannot thank them enough for this or for their generosity and politeness throughout my wedding day. I also need to give a shoutout to the bartenders. I did not have the pleasure of meeting them but my guests could not stop talking about you guys. So again thank you for making my wedding the most memorable day of my life.

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2017

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day and wedding process. The staff at St. Clements were beyond amazing. We were married at the Marina on May 21st. We worked with Judy throughout the planning process, she was very easy to talk to and very responsive to emails/calls. Judy and St. Clements provided us with planning suggestions and were very flexible and willing to work with some of the special requests that we had. She made planning the wedding a breeze. The day of the wedding the staff, especially Nick and Megan, were fantastic. Nick was our maitre d for the day and I can express how thankful we were to have him. He took care of EVERYTHING for us and made sure everything ran smoothly, there was not a single hiccup - at least that we noticed. My husband and I, along with our bridal party received very attentive service throughout the day, including drinks and snacks while we were doing our first look. The staff as a whole were very professional. The grounds were beautiful, we took pictures in both the garden and marina area and all the food was delicious. We heard good feedback from all our guests as well. Thank you St. Clements for giving me my perfect wedding day!

Megan · Married on 03/25/2017

Outstanding service!! From the first day we met with Judy to the wedding day everything was SO easy and seamless!! The day of the wedding was perfect!! The staff was so attentive to us and our families.. the food was amazing... the drinks were delicious and flowing. Venue is gorgeous.... I can't say enough good things about St. Clements Castle. Fantastic!!

Nicole · Married on 10/16/2016

Saint Clements Castle is an absolutely terrific place to have your wedding. We had the pleasure of working with event manager, Jake Sattler, an incredibly professional, responsive and thorough individual. He made us feel completely at ease with the event, despite all the complicated decision-making that goes into planning such a thing. The venue is gorgeous, inside and out. Although the perfect weather on our day helped a lot, our guests were stunned by how beautiful the place was. The food was great and delivered on time and accurately. Our guests were pleased with the open bar, too. Our highest recommendation for Saint Clements Castle.

Eric · Married on 10/02/2016

My wife and I just had our wedding here and could not be any happier! From the moment we took a tour of the grounds/reception rooms we knew this was where we wanted to get married and celebrate our special day. Judy, our planner was fantastic and helped us each step of the way to ensure an easy and painless process. She was very attentive to all our needs and made sure to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted! She made us feel very comfortable about everything and that there was nothing to worry about! We knew we where in good hands and that really helped towards creating a stress free day!

On the day of our wedding things could have not gone any better! Our ceremony in the garden was exactly how we imagined it! The garden looked absolutely great!! We were able to add all of our own touches; doorway arch, signs, arch sets ups, wood stumps, flowers, ext which only enhanced the beauty of the gardens! St Clements was very open to all of these things that we wanted to add and made sure to set up the chairs (amphitheater style) as we had asked! It looked great!

Our reception was held in the Prince Edward Ballroom! The room looked great and was set up exactly as we wanted due to the great staff at St. Clements. They made sure to take the time to make sure the setups where correct and we are very thankful for that! They even took a bunch of the decorations and flowers we had outside at the ceremony and placed them in the reception room! This was their idea and not something we had even thought of doing! It added to the atmosphere of the room!

The staff was so friendly and professional! They where always around when needed and helped make sure the night went smoothly and without a hitch! Which it did!! The food was great all around! Everyone loved the hors d'oeuvres selection and the pasta station and could not stop raving about their meals!

We would highly recommend having your wedding/reception here! Great experience all around!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Saint Clements Castle's reply:

Thank you for the kind review! We are very pleased to hear that your wedding day was everything you can have imagined! We hope you will join us at one of our special events in the near future!

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

St. Clements Castle is the greatest venue we have ever been to. We've been guests at plenty of weddings, but this venue tops them all.
    The views of the river and gardens on the gross are stunning. The architecture of the building is an exquisite backdrop to any event you have, and leaves hundreds of photo ops at your finger tips. There are 2 sides to the building to choose from, and you can't go wrong with either (we chose the Waterford Ballroom side).
    The staff is just as incredible (or at least my staff). Your wedding coordinator is always in contact with you every step of the way, and it doesn't matter which way you prefer to correspond--they get back right away. Without our coordinator Pam I don't know what I would have done!!
    I'm not sure about all the banquet managers, but I know that Cierra is absolutely amazing. The entire day she is by your side but still doing 10,000 things in the background, and she talks you through every little thing so every move you make is perfect. She has a great energy being upbeat but still cool and collected which really comes in handy on such a stressful day. She truly made the day special.
    There were 3 options for a ceremony based on the weather and let me tell you, ALL of them are exquisite. We ended up having a rainy day, and they transformed the art gallery into something more than I could have dreamed.
    The wait staff was very attentive and courteous, but I will mention there was about a 30min period when no one was around. Of course that's when we really needed something, but the receptionist was so lovely and made sure everything was taken care of.
    The food was absolutely wonderful (we had filet, stuffed chicken, and sea bass), and all of the appetizers were delicious.
    We highly recommend SCC and their staff for any event you may have, and hope to work again with them in the future for another life milestone!

kaitlin · Married on 09/17/2016

We just had our wedding at Saint Clement's Castle and it was truly beautiful! All of our guests could not help but be wowed by the beauty of the venue both inside and outside. There was also ample space so the kids could run around outside during the reception. They had recently redone the bridal suite and it was great for picture taking. The service was excellent and they really catered to my husband and I. They were also great at keeping me calm and minimizing any stress that I might have. I'm so thankful for the coordinators Jenna and Jake for being so on top of everything both on that day and leading up. I would highly recommend Saint Clement's Castle. We plan to come to the summer romance event each year as well. :)

The castle is beautiful. My now husband and I looked all over CT to find the perfect wedding venue. Saint Clements was one of the first places we looked at and it is definitely the best. Our wedding day was perfect! We worked with Pam throughout the planning process,she was always extremely responsive and willing to answer my questions/ talk through logistics. Caitlin was our day of manager and she was fabulous! She was with us from the time we got ready at 11:30am to 11:00pm when the wedding ended. She was on top of every single detail and really helped to ease any stress I had.
    The food was excellent- especially appetizers and prime rib! We didn't add on any enhancements to the package and what is provided is still very impressive and plenty! Our guests have been raving that it was best wedding they have been to!
    I was very nervous about the fact that 2 other wedding going on the same time our wedding was occurring but when they tell you that you will never see the other weddings they mean it. All the weddings were kept completely separate and the majority of our guests had no idea that another wedding was even going on!
    The contract seems intimidating as some of the other reviewers have stated but don't let that stop you from booking here- the staff is very friendly and will work with you! The grounds are absolutely stunning and unique (we got married outside on the Waterford ballroom side). My husband and are hoping to attend another wedding here someday so that we experience the atmosphere all over again.

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2016

My now husband and I were married at the Marina Club of Saint Clements Castle this past Saturday. The staff of Saint Clements takes a lot of steps to do everything right. An example being, at one point a drink was spilled on the dance floor and within one minute a server was on her hands and knees with towels cleaning up the mess! It may seem minor, but every staff member had that level of commitment. We also had servers with us throughout the entire night to make sure we had everything we could possibly need. Jacob & Katelyn (sorry I spelled this name wrong!) went through extraordinary measures to make sure no detail was missed including triple checking our meal orders, accommodating guests with special needs, and setting up our reception flawlessly. By booking a wedding at Saint Clements your not just booking a venue but your ensuring peace of mind. You can trust them to make everything perfect for your special day. Thank you so much for making our wedding everything we wanted!

Bianca · Married on 09/02/2016

I can not say enough good things about this venue. Our coordinator Caitlyn and all the staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day magical. From directing the ceremony flawlessly to making sure we enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and had refreshments during pictures and throughout the night. I can honestly say I felt like royalty. They made sure to pack all of our wedding decor and important items at the end of the night and even provided us two slices of cake before we left in case we didn't get a chance to eat it after the cutting ceremony. I am forever grateful to Saint Clements Castle and all of the hardworking staff for giving me my fairytale wedding.