98 Reviews for Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz

Learn New Songs (2)
Reception (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
98 Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz Reviews

Fantastic! Their repertoire is very broad and sounded great. We even walked down the aisle as man and wife to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" it was fantastic and sounded great on strings!

A few weeks before the wedding they went over what kind of feeling we were looking for and suggested songs that would be the right tempo to walk down the aisle to. When we told them that we wanted them to start playing "Don't Stop Believing" before we kissed and while the ceremony was still going on, they made sure to work with our officiant to make it happen.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/4/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet is simply amazing! We were drawn to this group because of their great reviews and we completely agree with all the nice things said. We planned our wedding from out of state and while we both worked full time so we were very pleased that Kyung from Sage String Quartet was very patient with us and helped us pick out the right music. We had our wedding in the garden of a historic mansion and the music was PERFECT. The quartet played the music for the ceremony and also for several hours afterwards during the reception. The music helped create an wonderful ambiance! I would highly recommend the Sage String Quartet for your ceremony and reception music needs! The quality of service and professionalism of this group is excellent. Wedding planning is hard, the Sage String Quartet makes the music decision easy! This is a wonderful group and we were so lucky and happy to have found them.

Profile Picture Tran, 5/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My husband and I are professional classical musicians, so the quality of our ceremony music was extremely important to us. Sage String Quartet are top-tier professionals, people you can see in major classical venues in Washington, DC and far beyond! There were many professional musicians on the guest-list for our wedding, including music faculty from the Juilliard School and the University of Maryland, and everyone was blown away by the beauty and excellence of the ceremony music. Ms. LeBlanc is absolutely professional, very down-to-earth, easy to deal with, and knows her business inside and out. She graciously incorporated our specific repertoire requests and made wonderful suggestions to complement our choices. The quartet was dressed elegantly and appropriately, and they looked and sounded absolutely first-class. Take it from a bride who is also a musician-- this is the group you want.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/29/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet were so great! I hired them as a duo (violin and cello) for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Kyung was a joy to work with during the planning process. She is super fast with responding to questions, and makes you feel at ease with song choice. She is also really on top of things. I booked them about 9-10 months in advance, and Kyung gave me a phone call about 2 months before the wedding to ask about updates, and to encourage me to ask her any questions I might have!

The day of the wedding, the musicians were very professional, and from the little I heard, they sounded great. Even though there wasn't any run-through before wedding day, they were able to time everything just right. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture Katy, 5/14/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

It’s no wonder that the Sage String Quartet receives top marks consistently on this website. Their performance at my daughter’s wedding ceremony and the following cocktail hour was simply beautiful! It was all that I had wished for at my daughter’s wedding. When I heard the played Leonard Cohen’s “Halelujah” during the cocktail hour, I simply stopped what I was doing and just stood there to relish the moment and the day.

The preparations for the music couldn’t have gone smoother. The Sage String Quartet has their large repertoire on their website along with audio clips, so you can hear their pieces as they are played by them. The repertoire is organized in such a way that they have a section consisting of suggestions for different parts of the wedding ceremony and also for the reception. They were very responsive to our enquiries with Kyung LeBlanc handling all of the communications. It was a pleasure to work with the Sage String Quartet.

Many thanks to the Sage String Quartet!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 5/14/11, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet provided professional,high quality music for our daughter's wedding.They offered so many choices of both current and classic selections.
During the planning they were always quick to respond and I found their on line samples a source of listening pleasure. I look forward to the release of a c.d.:)
I would recommend Sage String Quartet without a doubt!

Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture jennie, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet did an exceptional job at my wedding ceremony and their presence and music added elegance and class to the ceremony. I greatly appreciated Kyung's reliability, flexibility, and professionalism at all times. Kyung and the Sage String Quartet truly made my wedding day extra special and memorable and I will be eternally grateful to them and Kyung for their excellent service.

Profile Picture Brandon, 3/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We loved Sage String--they did a beautiful job playing at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were thoughtful and helpful in the planning process and kindly worked with me as I changed my mind on things last minute. The music was perfect and we got a lot of compliments on it. They were a terrific addition to the ceremony and cocktail hour and I would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Meagan, 3/26/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage Quartet played 30 minute prelude + processional and recessional for my daughter's wedding at the Fairmont Hotel. They showed great flexibility, as I had my own ideas of what I wanted them to play from the classic repertory. I thought their music-making was concert hall quality, and our guests, many of whom were trained musicians, agreed it was an outstanding performance. I have no hesitation in recommending them for any event where music would enhance the ambiance. And the cost for high quality, responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility was very reasonable. Thanks for a great job.

Profile Picture Arthur, 12/12/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet was SO easy to work with. They worked with us to pick out music that fit our personal style, they were super responsive to all of our emails and calls, and just all around a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much!!

Profile Picture User1037221, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

It was a pleasure to work with Kyung and book Sage String for our wedding on 10.10.10. We opted for a trio and the music resonated outside for all of our over 150+ guests...and there is just no substitute for classical music at your ceremony. Sage String replied to all of my emails promptly (within 24 hours) and were absolute professionals the day of. They helped me with selecting music that complimented my vision (contemporary music for the prelude and a classical mix for the processional, etc.) and were competitive on pricing. I would highly recommend working with them if you are looking for an elegant touch for your wedding day.

Profile Picture Erika, 10/10/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The musicians of the Sage String Quartet were wonderful. They are all extrememly professional, sincere and so talented!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/2/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage Strings did an amazing job at our wedding! They were so easy to work with! The music was beautiful and added such a nice touch to the whole ceremony. I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/25/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String added such a classy touch to my ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very easy to work with and they were even able to coordinate with my soloist to accompany her while she sang during my ceremony. Top notch all the way!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/25/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet are an exceptional set of musicians. They are professional, responsive and flexible. They played both ceremony music and cocktail hour music. They have a varied songlist that can be crafted to your affair.

I recommend this group for any occasion.

Profile Picture Skeet, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Kyung was a pleasure to communicate with before the event. I never met the musicians at the wedding but they were amazingly talented and easy to work with. The music could not have been more perfect!!!

Profile Picture Emilie, 9/4/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sage String Quartet played the ceremony music for my daughter's wedding at the Old Ebbitt Grill in the atrium with a nine story high ceiling, yet they adapted to that space without difficulty. A single violinist played on the rooftop terrace for the cocktail hour, and again, adapted to that space well.

They are excellent musicians. As we listened to them before the ceremony began, we felt as if we were at a concert. Kyung was prompt, courteous, and made excellent suggestions for music when we asked her to do so. They arrived in advance of their scheduled time and and followed our schedule for the ceremony music exactly as we had requested. Their cost was very fair and reasonable.

Sage String Quartet is excellent in every sense of the word.

Profile Picture Darlyn, 9/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

SUPERB! Sage String Quartet not only has extremely talented musicians, but they could not be any kinder. The Sage String Quartet staff was accommodating to all of my requests and addressed all of my concerns, which was hard to come by in a musical group being that my wedding took place on a beach. Take my word that The Sage String Quartet will help make your dream wedding become a reality!

Profile Picture Theresa, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Absolutely the BEST EVER. They were my favorite vendor to work with during this entire process, and they sounded absolutely perfect as well. They are slightly less expensive than other quartets, too! Kyung answered every single one of my questions quickly and fully, and make 200% sure that I was satisfied with every step of the way, giving me suggestions but allowing me full freedom. I can't say good enough things about these people. I am DEFINITELY recommending them to everyone I know who is getting married!! POSITIVELY AMAZING!!!!! Thank you, guys!!!!!!

Profile Picture Dayna, 7/31/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I have always wanted a string quartet to play at my wedding and I couldn't be happier with the Sage String Quartet! They were very responsive to my emails, they helped me pick my ceremony music and they were very flexible to all my needs. All of my guests were very impressed with how classy and beautiful they sounded. They are just incredible people to work with and so very talented! I highly recommend them! Kyung was a doll to work with and I thank you so much! You really made my day absolutley beautiful and memorable!

Profile Picture Shelley, 7/31/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were extremely pleased with Sage String Quartet's Trio, who played at our wedding ceremony. It was the hottest day ever, and they remained calm, "cool," and collected. The sound was amazing, even though they must have been so uncomfortable in the heat. Their music took our ceremony to the next level. Best of all, they did a great job with the strings adaptation of "Don't Stop Believin" as our ceremony recessional--the crowd was so surprised!

They provided us with a list of recommended and typical songs for different points in the ceremony, as well as links to sample songs, and a variety of alternatives so we had plenty of options for music choices, both classical and modern. I was impressed with the number of songs in their repertoire, even when performing as a trio.

Additionally, Kyung was a pleasure to deal with in the planning stages. She spent plenty of time talking me (and my mom!) through our options and checked in with me at all the key touch points prior to the event. She was responsive to emails at all times.

Profile Picture Jenn, 7/24/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Sage String Quartet played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were wonderful and added so much to the wedding! Kyung LeBlanc is a pleasure to work with and will coordinate any special music selections. Our guests absolutely loved the music! I highly recommend the quartet!

Profile Picture Beth, 7/17/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Kyung and the Sage String Quartet were absolutely wonderful to work with on our wedding, both for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. From the beginning of the process, Kyung was super organized, quick to respond to questions, creative in her solutions, and very helpful in her suggestions. In particular, she facilitated the creation of a string trio setting of a particular Mozart aria that we wanted to use for the recessional. The playing on the day of the wedding was truly beautiful, and the musicians were all so kind and lovely. We couldn't have been happier with our experience with the Sage String Quartet, and recommend them highly for any event.

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Kyung was wonderful to work with!! Definitely the most quick to respond of ALL our vendors! Worked with us to find appropriate songs, as well as worked with our budget. The quartet was fabulous in adapting to the length of the song we needed in the moment, while we lit the unity candle, and other things like that during the ceremony! I was a bit unsure because they do not typically attend the rehearsal, but it came together great and they adapted beautifully. We hired a soloist to stay on for the cocktail hour, which was wonderful as well. A very classy touch, and the quality of the sound and quality of experienced musicians was wonderful.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/10/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I would definitely recommend the Sage String Quartet to future brides. I don't have one bad thing to say about them. We used the trio and they were spectacular. They really set the mood of elegance and were a great addition to our big day. Kyung was such a pleasure to work with. She was there to help with any questions I had and helped with suggestions when I needed them. The Sage Strings trio was classy, professional and the quality of music was excellent. We have already recommended them to some of our friends.

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/26/10, 1 Review