Sage String Quartet Reviews

114 | Washington, DC

114 Reviews for Sage String Quartet

Jamie · Married on 02/18/2012

Sage String Quartet was a fabulous vendor! The music during our ceremony was beautiful. In addition to the quartet we also had a trumpet player and a cantor recommended by the group and they added such a beautiful sound. We have had two great experiences with this group - my husband also used one of their violinist for our engagement. Very highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 03/09/2012

Beth · Married on 10/22/2011

My experience with Sage String Quartet was nothing short of outstanding. We had the trio instead of the quartet, and the music and volume were perfect for our church wedding. Kyung was incredibly helpful and responsive during the planning process. The music itself was flawless and exactly what we had hoped for. And to top it off, Sage is very reasonably priced. I really can't say enough about Sage. We're so happy they were a part of our special day.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2011

Sage sounded so amazing for my wedding. They played beautifully and were so great to work with. They made sure that I had everything that I wanted and even accommodated me with special requests! I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 11/23/2011

Matt J. · Married on 10/15/2011

Sage String Quartet was a fabulous addition to our wedding. Kyung was great at helping us plan for the ceremony and was very accommodating to our requests. For the same price as hiring a dj to play recorded music, Sage really brought a touch of class to our event!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2011

We used Sage String Trio for our ceremony music and they were amazing. The sound quality was excellent and we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to go with them. In addition to sounding incredible, the services Kyung provided were top notch. She was very responsive and attentive throughout the entire processes and she was also helpful when it came to giving suggestions for ceremony music selections to help everything flow. Thank You Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Jenny · Married on 10/01/2011

I hired Sage String for my ceremony and the music was simply beautiful. They did a great job with the music played and were very professional. I would highly recommend Sage String to anyone looking for professionalism and great value.

Sent on 11/05/2011

Daniela · Married on 09/24/2011

Sage was one of the first vendors I found on Wedding Wire and they were amazing! We are beyond satisfied with the job they did at our Wedding. Thank you so much Sage!

Sent on 10/13/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/18/2011

The second I heard Sage String Quartet I knew we had to have them for our ceremony. Kyung is so responsive with email and gave us recommendations for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests couldn't believe they were performing live; their music sounded so amazing as if it had been recorded and then just played for the ceremony. Listening to them play "Canon in D" while I walked down the aisle is something I'll never forget.

Sent on 10/19/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

The music for my ceremony and cocktail hour was beautiful. The musicians were punctual, dressed perfectly, and played flawlessly. The ceremony music changes were seamless and the atmosphere they created was just what I had envisioned. I worked with Kyung in the planning process and she was quick to answer any questions via email and called me a week before the wedding to confirm everything. She offered lots of support and recommendations because I wasn't sure what pieces would best fit the event I had in mind. Her recommendations were spot on.

I would definitely do business with them again.

Sent on 09/19/2011

sage string quartet was amazing!!!! they did everything i asked and responded to all my emails. i asked them to learn the "i love lucy" theme song for our recessional since my name is lucy and his is rick...and they did. it was hilarious! love them!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2011

Prior to the wedding, I communicated mostly with Kyung. She was always very professional in every conversation and showed that she and her fellow musicians care deeply about what they do and about making the ceremony and reception a beautiful experience. They have hundreds of songs in their song library, and my husband I were able to choose songs that fit who we are and the atmosphere we wanted to have at our wedding. There was a particular song we wanted for our first dance that was not part of the library, and for a small additional fee, Kyung and the other musicians made an arrangement of the song for us. It was truly special. They are amazing musicians, and our guests had nothing but praise for them as well.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Lindsay · Married on 08/20/2011

Sage was wonderful to work with. We corresponded by both email and phone, and they were very responsive and friendly. I think their performance at our August 2011 wedding was the favorite part for most guests. They still rave about how wonderful the quartet was at both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Everything was flawless and I would highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 09/25/2011

Angela · Married on 07/02/2011

We had a small backyard wedding in Northern Virginia in early July. Kyung LeBlanc of the Sage String Quartet provided a violin/viola/cello trip for our ceremony, which included 20 minutes of prelude music as well as an hour of postlude / cocktail hour music. They played beautifully and every guest, even those who do not usually listen to classical / string music, loved it! They were able to take requests from guests as if they'd known what would be asked ahead of time. Their presence added just the right amount of class and intimacy to what might have been overly simply otherwise.

I was particular impressed with the manner that several special circumstances were handled. Firstly, because we both live in Boston, most of the planning had to be done remotely via email and phone -- Kyung managed this flawlessly. Secondly, we were traveling and out of contact for most of the month leading up to the wedding -- nevertheless, Kyung ensured every step that would normally occur in this timeframe was taken care of beforehand, including helping us choose the ceremony pieces. Thirdly, we requested a special piece for our guests to sing to during the ceremony -- it wasn't in their repertoire but (with no additional charge) they found the sheet music and played it exactly as we had requested (more slowly than written). They even arrived early to ensure that our officiant knew exactly when to start the sing along.
    Finally, the ceremony was at 3pm, probably the hottest part of the 91-high day. Not only did the musicians endure the heat with apparent ease, the guests were motivated to remain outdoors to listen, and our wish that our entire group would remain in one place for the post-ceremony champagne came true very naturally.

In short, so much of what was special about the ceremony hinged on the provided music and its well-organized delivery. Thanks you Kyung and Sage String Quartet -- you are A-class in every respect! My wife and I are very satisfied customers!

Sent on 07/08/2011

Wonderful musicians. They played the ceremony and the cocktail hour at my wedding, and they were perfect. Very friendly and professional, and the music was perfect. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/09/2011

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

SSQ played the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my June wedding at Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, and I couldn't have been happier with their performance-- both day-of the wedding and during the months leading up to it.

I booked SSQ almost a full year out based on internet reviews and their repertoire, which is showcased online. Be sure to schedule them as soon as possible as their schedule fills up way in advance-- 12 months out and I was their last appointment in the month of June! Leading up to the wedding I dealt with Kyung Le Blanc who was an absolute pleasure! The song I wanted to walk down the aisle to wasn't among those the quartet currently played, so in the months leading up to my wedding they learned the song so that I could have my bridal processional-- I can't think of many vendors that would make such an incredibly important and sentimental adjustment. Moreover, I was in constant contact with Kyung throughout the planning process and the quartet completely understood the type of music I wanted played during the ceremony and cocktail hour. One of my major regrets is not being able to enjoy their performance more during cocktail hour due to family photos and other wedding duties!

Sage String Quartet played an integral part in making my wedding day perfect and you absolutely cannot go wrong with them!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2011

Fantastic! Their repertoire is very broad and sounded great. We even walked down the aisle as man and wife to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" it was fantastic and sounded great on strings!

A few weeks before the wedding they went over what kind of feeling we were looking for and suggested songs that would be the right tempo to walk down the aisle to. When we told them that we wanted them to start playing "Don't Stop Believing" before we kissed and while the ceremony was still going on, they made sure to work with our officiant to make it happen.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Tran · Married on 05/29/2011

The Sage String Quartet is simply amazing! We were drawn to this group because of their great reviews and we completely agree with all the nice things said. We planned our wedding from out of state and while we both worked full time so we were very pleased that Kyung from Sage String Quartet was very patient with us and helped us pick out the right music. We had our wedding in the garden of a historic mansion and the music was PERFECT. The quartet played the music for the ceremony and also for several hours afterwards during the reception. The music helped create an wonderful ambiance! I would highly recommend the Sage String Quartet for your ceremony and reception music needs! The quality of service and professionalism of this group is excellent. Wedding planning is hard, the Sage String Quartet makes the music decision easy! This is a wonderful group and we were so lucky and happy to have found them.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2011

My husband and I are professional classical musicians, so the quality of our ceremony music was extremely important to us. Sage String Quartet are top-tier professionals, people you can see in major classical venues in Washington, DC and far beyond! There were many professional musicians on the guest-list for our wedding, including music faculty from the Juilliard School and the University of Maryland, and everyone was blown away by the beauty and excellence of the ceremony music. Ms. LeBlanc is absolutely professional, very down-to-earth, easy to deal with, and knows her business inside and out. She graciously incorporated our specific repertoire requests and made wonderful suggestions to complement our choices. The quartet was dressed elegantly and appropriately, and they looked and sounded absolutely first-class. Take it from a bride who is also a musician-- this is the group you want.

Sent on 08/27/2011

Katy · Married on 05/14/2011

Sage String Quartet were so great! I hired them as a duo (violin and cello) for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Kyung was a joy to work with during the planning process. She is super fast with responding to questions, and makes you feel at ease with song choice. She is also really on top of things. I booked them about 9-10 months in advance, and Kyung gave me a phone call about 2 months before the wedding to ask about updates, and to encourage me to ask her any questions I might have!

The day of the wedding, the musicians were very professional, and from the little I heard, they sounded great. Even though there wasn't any run-through before wedding day, they were able to time everything just right. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Kirsten · Married on 05/14/2011

It’s no wonder that the Sage String Quartet receives top marks consistently on this website. Their performance at my daughter’s wedding ceremony and the following cocktail hour was simply beautiful! It was all that I had wished for at my daughter’s wedding. When I heard the played Leonard Cohen’s “Halelujah” during the cocktail hour, I simply stopped what I was doing and just stood there to relish the moment and the day.

The preparations for the music couldn’t have gone smoother. The Sage String Quartet has their large repertoire on their website along with audio clips, so you can hear their pieces as they are played by them. The repertoire is organized in such a way that they have a section consisting of suggestions for different parts of the wedding ceremony and also for the reception. They were very responsive to our enquiries with Kyung LeBlanc handling all of the communications. It was a pleasure to work with the Sage String Quartet.

Many thanks to the Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 05/29/2011

Jennie · Married on 04/30/2011

Sage String Quartet provided professional,high quality music for our daughter's wedding.They offered so many choices of both current and classic selections.
    During the planning they were always quick to respond and I found their on line samples a source of listening pleasure. I look forward to the release of a c.d.:)
    I would recommend Sage String Quartet without a doubt!

Mother of the Bride

Sent on 05/05/2011

Brandon · Married on 03/27/2011

The Sage String Quartet did an exceptional job at my wedding ceremony and their presence and music added elegance and class to the ceremony. I greatly appreciated Kyung's reliability, flexibility, and professionalism at all times. Kyung and the Sage String Quartet truly made my wedding day extra special and memorable and I will be eternally grateful to them and Kyung for their excellent service.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Meagan · Married on 03/26/2011

We loved Sage String--they did a beautiful job playing at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were thoughtful and helpful in the planning process and kindly worked with me as I changed my mind on things last minute. The music was perfect and we got a lot of compliments on it. They were a terrific addition to the ceremony and cocktail hour and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 04/13/2011

Arthur · Married on 12/12/2010

Sage Quartet played 30 minute prelude + processional and recessional for my daughter's wedding at the Fairmont Hotel. They showed great flexibility, as I had my own ideas of what I wanted them to play from the classic repertory. I thought their music-making was concert hall quality, and our guests, many of whom were trained musicians, agreed it was an outstanding performance. I have no hesitation in recommending them for any event where music would enhance the ambiance. And the cost for high quality, responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility was very reasonable. Thanks for a great job.

Sent on 12/15/2010

Jayne · Married on 11/13/2010

Sage String Quartet was SO easy to work with. They worked with us to pick out music that fit our personal style, they were super responsive to all of our emails and calls, and just all around a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 12/11/2010