Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz Reviews

101 | Washington, DC

101 Reviews for Sage String Quartet & Sage Jazz

Angela · Married on 07/02/2011

We had a small backyard wedding in Northern Virginia in early July. Kyung LeBlanc of the Sage String Quartet provided a violin/viola/cello trip for our ceremony, which included 20 minutes of prelude music as well as an hour of postlude / cocktail hour music. They played beautifully and every guest, even those who do not usually listen to classical / string music, loved it! They were able to take requests from guests as if they'd known what would be asked ahead of time. Their presence added just the right amount of class and intimacy to what might have been overly simply otherwise.

I was particular impressed with the manner that several special circumstances were handled. Firstly, because we both live in Boston, most of the planning had to be done remotely via email and phone -- Kyung managed this flawlessly. Secondly, we were traveling and out of contact for most of the month leading up to the wedding -- nevertheless, Kyung ensured every step that would normally occur in this timeframe was taken care of beforehand, including helping us choose the ceremony pieces. Thirdly, we requested a special piece for our guests to sing to during the ceremony -- it wasn't in their repertoire but (with no additional charge) they found the sheet music and played it exactly as we had requested (more slowly than written). They even arrived early to ensure that our officiant knew exactly when to start the sing along.
    Finally, the ceremony was at 3pm, probably the hottest part of the 91-high day. Not only did the musicians endure the heat with apparent ease, the guests were motivated to remain outdoors to listen, and our wish that our entire group would remain in one place for the post-ceremony champagne came true very naturally.

In short, so much of what was special about the ceremony hinged on the provided music and its well-organized delivery. Thanks you Kyung and Sage String Quartet -- you are A-class in every respect! My wife and I are very satisfied customers!

Wonderful musicians. They played the ceremony and the cocktail hour at my wedding, and they were perfect. Very friendly and professional, and the music was perfect. I highly recommend them.

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

SSQ played the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my June wedding at Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, and I couldn't have been happier with their performance-- both day-of the wedding and during the months leading up to it.

I booked SSQ almost a full year out based on internet reviews and their repertoire, which is showcased online. Be sure to schedule them as soon as possible as their schedule fills up way in advance-- 12 months out and I was their last appointment in the month of June! Leading up to the wedding I dealt with Kyung Le Blanc who was an absolute pleasure! The song I wanted to walk down the aisle to wasn't among those the quartet currently played, so in the months leading up to my wedding they learned the song so that I could have my bridal processional-- I can't think of many vendors that would make such an incredibly important and sentimental adjustment. Moreover, I was in constant contact with Kyung throughout the planning process and the quartet completely understood the type of music I wanted played during the ceremony and cocktail hour. One of my major regrets is not being able to enjoy their performance more during cocktail hour due to family photos and other wedding duties!

Sage String Quartet played an integral part in making my wedding day perfect and you absolutely cannot go wrong with them!

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2011

Fantastic! Their repertoire is very broad and sounded great. We even walked down the aisle as man and wife to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" it was fantastic and sounded great on strings!

A few weeks before the wedding they went over what kind of feeling we were looking for and suggested songs that would be the right tempo to walk down the aisle to. When we told them that we wanted them to start playing "Don't Stop Believing" before we kissed and while the ceremony was still going on, they made sure to work with our officiant to make it happen.

Tran · Married on 05/29/2011

The Sage String Quartet is simply amazing! We were drawn to this group because of their great reviews and we completely agree with all the nice things said. We planned our wedding from out of state and while we both worked full time so we were very pleased that Kyung from Sage String Quartet was very patient with us and helped us pick out the right music. We had our wedding in the garden of a historic mansion and the music was PERFECT. The quartet played the music for the ceremony and also for several hours afterwards during the reception. The music helped create an wonderful ambiance! I would highly recommend the Sage String Quartet for your ceremony and reception music needs! The quality of service and professionalism of this group is excellent. Wedding planning is hard, the Sage String Quartet makes the music decision easy! This is a wonderful group and we were so lucky and happy to have found them.

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2011

My husband and I are professional classical musicians, so the quality of our ceremony music was extremely important to us. Sage String Quartet are top-tier professionals, people you can see in major classical venues in Washington, DC and far beyond! There were many professional musicians on the guest-list for our wedding, including music faculty from the Juilliard School and the University of Maryland, and everyone was blown away by the beauty and excellence of the ceremony music. Ms. LeBlanc is absolutely professional, very down-to-earth, easy to deal with, and knows her business inside and out. She graciously incorporated our specific repertoire requests and made wonderful suggestions to complement our choices. The quartet was dressed elegantly and appropriately, and they looked and sounded absolutely first-class. Take it from a bride who is also a musician-- this is the group you want.

Katy · Married on 05/14/2011

Sage String Quartet were so great! I hired them as a duo (violin and cello) for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Kyung was a joy to work with during the planning process. She is super fast with responding to questions, and makes you feel at ease with song choice. She is also really on top of things. I booked them about 9-10 months in advance, and Kyung gave me a phone call about 2 months before the wedding to ask about updates, and to encourage me to ask her any questions I might have!

The day of the wedding, the musicians were very professional, and from the little I heard, they sounded great. Even though there wasn't any run-through before wedding day, they were able to time everything just right. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring Sage String Quartet!

Kirsten · Married on 05/14/2011

It’s no wonder that the Sage String Quartet receives top marks consistently on this website. Their performance at my daughter’s wedding ceremony and the following cocktail hour was simply beautiful! It was all that I had wished for at my daughter’s wedding. When I heard the played Leonard Cohen’s “Halelujah” during the cocktail hour, I simply stopped what I was doing and just stood there to relish the moment and the day.

The preparations for the music couldn’t have gone smoother. The Sage String Quartet has their large repertoire on their website along with audio clips, so you can hear their pieces as they are played by them. The repertoire is organized in such a way that they have a section consisting of suggestions for different parts of the wedding ceremony and also for the reception. They were very responsive to our enquiries with Kyung LeBlanc handling all of the communications. It was a pleasure to work with the Sage String Quartet.

Many thanks to the Sage String Quartet!

jennie · Married on 04/30/2011

Sage String Quartet provided professional,high quality music for our daughter's wedding.They offered so many choices of both current and classic selections.
    During the planning they were always quick to respond and I found their on line samples a source of listening pleasure. I look forward to the release of a c.d.:)
    I would recommend Sage String Quartet without a doubt!

Mother of the Bride

Brandon · Married on 03/27/2011

The Sage String Quartet did an exceptional job at my wedding ceremony and their presence and music added elegance and class to the ceremony. I greatly appreciated Kyung's reliability, flexibility, and professionalism at all times. Kyung and the Sage String Quartet truly made my wedding day extra special and memorable and I will be eternally grateful to them and Kyung for their excellent service.

Meagan · Married on 03/26/2011

We loved Sage String--they did a beautiful job playing at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were thoughtful and helpful in the planning process and kindly worked with me as I changed my mind on things last minute. The music was perfect and we got a lot of compliments on it. They were a terrific addition to the ceremony and cocktail hour and I would recommend them to anyone.

Arthur · Married on 12/12/2010

Sage Quartet played 30 minute prelude + processional and recessional for my daughter's wedding at the Fairmont Hotel. They showed great flexibility, as I had my own ideas of what I wanted them to play from the classic repertory. I thought their music-making was concert hall quality, and our guests, many of whom were trained musicians, agreed it was an outstanding performance. I have no hesitation in recommending them for any event where music would enhance the ambiance. And the cost for high quality, responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility was very reasonable. Thanks for a great job.

Jayne · Married on 11/13/2010

Sage String Quartet was SO easy to work with. They worked with us to pick out music that fit our personal style, they were super responsive to all of our emails and calls, and just all around a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much!!

Erika · Married on 10/10/2010

It was a pleasure to work with Kyung and book Sage String for our wedding on 10.10.10. We opted for a trio and the music resonated outside for all of our over 150+ guests...and there is just no substitute for classical music at your ceremony. Sage String replied to all of my emails promptly (within 24 hours) and were absolute professionals the day of. They helped me with selecting music that complimented my vision (contemporary music for the prelude and a classical mix for the processional, etc.) and were competitive on pricing. I would highly recommend working with them if you are looking for an elegant touch for your wedding day.

Erin · Married on 10/02/2010

The musicians of the Sage String Quartet were wonderful. They are all extrememly professional, sincere and so talented!

Amy · Married on 09/25/2010

Sage Strings did an amazing job at our wedding! They were so easy to work with! The music was beautiful and added such a nice touch to the whole ceremony. I would highly recommend them to any bride!

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2010

Sage String added such a classy touch to my ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very easy to work with and they were even able to coordinate with my soloist to accompany her while she sang during my ceremony. Top notch all the way!

Skeet · Married on 09/18/2010

Sage String Quartet are an exceptional set of musicians. They are professional, responsive and flexible. They played both ceremony music and cocktail hour music. They have a varied songlist that can be crafted to your affair.

I recommend this group for any occasion.

Emilie · Married on 09/04/2010

Kyung was a pleasure to communicate with before the event. I never met the musicians at the wedding but they were amazingly talented and easy to work with. The music could not have been more perfect!!!

Darlyn · Married on 09/04/2010

Sage String Quartet played the ceremony music for my daughter's wedding at the Old Ebbitt Grill in the atrium with a nine story high ceiling, yet they adapted to that space without difficulty. A single violinist played on the rooftop terrace for the cocktail hour, and again, adapted to that space well.

They are excellent musicians. As we listened to them before the ceremony began, we felt as if we were at a concert. Kyung was prompt, courteous, and made excellent suggestions for music when we asked her to do so. They arrived in advance of their scheduled time and and followed our schedule for the ceremony music exactly as we had requested. Their cost was very fair and reasonable.

Sage String Quartet is excellent in every sense of the word.

Theresa · Married on 08/14/2010

SUPERB! Sage String Quartet not only has extremely talented musicians, but they could not be any kinder. The Sage String Quartet staff was accommodating to all of my requests and addressed all of my concerns, which was hard to come by in a musical group being that my wedding took place on a beach. Take my word that The Sage String Quartet will help make your dream wedding become a reality!

Dayna · Married on 07/31/2010

Absolutely the BEST EVER. They were my favorite vendor to work with during this entire process, and they sounded absolutely perfect as well. They are slightly less expensive than other quartets, too! Kyung answered every single one of my questions quickly and fully, and make 200% sure that I was satisfied with every step of the way, giving me suggestions but allowing me full freedom. I can't say good enough things about these people. I am DEFINITELY recommending them to everyone I know who is getting married!! POSITIVELY AMAZING!!!!! Thank you, guys!!!!!!

Shelley · Married on 07/31/2010

I have always wanted a string quartet to play at my wedding and I couldn't be happier with the Sage String Quartet! They were very responsive to my emails, they helped me pick my ceremony music and they were very flexible to all my needs. All of my guests were very impressed with how classy and beautiful they sounded. They are just incredible people to work with and so very talented! I highly recommend them! Kyung was a doll to work with and I thank you so much! You really made my day absolutley beautiful and memorable!

Jenn · Married on 07/24/2010

We were extremely pleased with Sage String Quartet's Trio, who played at our wedding ceremony. It was the hottest day ever, and they remained calm, "cool," and collected. The sound was amazing, even though they must have been so uncomfortable in the heat. Their music took our ceremony to the next level. Best of all, they did a great job with the strings adaptation of "Don't Stop Believin" as our ceremony recessional--the crowd was so surprised!

They provided us with a list of recommended and typical songs for different points in the ceremony, as well as links to sample songs, and a variety of alternatives so we had plenty of options for music choices, both classical and modern. I was impressed with the number of songs in their repertoire, even when performing as a trio.

Additionally, Kyung was a pleasure to deal with in the planning stages. She spent plenty of time talking me (and my mom!) through our options and checked in with me at all the key touch points prior to the event. She was responsive to emails at all times.

Beth · Married on 07/17/2010

The Sage String Quartet played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were wonderful and added so much to the wedding! Kyung LeBlanc is a pleasure to work with and will coordinate any special music selections. Our guests absolutely loved the music! I highly recommend the quartet!