Sage String Quartet Reviews

Sage String Quartet 3
  • Louis

Louis Mccracken · Getting married on 03/04/2021

From Bach to Beyonce

Sage String Quartet played for our wedding ceremony and reception. They have a huge repertoire of traditional and contemporary pieces and really added a perfect touch to the whole day.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Julie Fitzgerald · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Amazing Strings!

If you are looking for an elegant live band to give your wedding ceremony an additional pop, then look no further! Sage has an offering of hundreds of songs to choose from that can be played either pre-ceremony or during your cocktail hour and each song is guaranteed to wow your guests. The individuals we interacted with at Sage were all true professionals who showed up early for our ceremony and interacted easily with our wedding planner and wedding team. The music they played for us was absolutely beautiful and were some of the high points of our pre-ceremony and cocktail hour events. We highly recommend booking Sage for any wedding or event!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Anthony

Anthony · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing String + Jazz Music for our wedding!

Wow! Working with Sage for our wedding far exceeded our expectations! First, working with Kyung and Sean was SO EASY. They were both extremely communicative and helped us craft exactly what we wanted for our event, including sourcing a new piece for their string repertoire (a somewhat obscure French song that we happen to love).

We hired Sage to do a string quartet for our ceremony and a jazz trio during our cocktail hour. Both sets of musicians were extremely talented and our guests were entertained the whole time! Our only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time listening to their beautiful music. We can't recommend Sage enough to anyone looking to bring high-quality live music to their wedding day!

Sage String Quartet 4
    Sage String Quartet 5
    Sage String Quartet 6
    Sent on 10/26/2019

John Boatman · Married on 06/29/2019

Best string quartet in the region!

Sage String Quartet is simply the best special-occasion live string ensemble operating in the Delmarva area, and maybe the entire East Coast. They played at our wedding in June at River Farm in Alexandria, and were simply perfect.

We chose Sage primarily on the basis of their top-flight musicianship, the passion and pizzazz they breathe into each piece and their extensive song library. Listen to one of their high-quality videos and you'll see what I mean. They blew the other quartets away.

Preparation was painless: fill out a questionnaire and pick your songs. Sean Neidlinger manages the group and is their cellist. He is a joy to work with: professional, responsive and super helpful.

Their website is easy to use, and contracting was a breeze. Sage's song library is a mile wide and a mile deep -- everything from classical standards to jazz greats and pop gems -- even some awesome metal tunes in there. How many string quartets do you know of that can pull off Schubert and Sigur Ros in the same set?? We ended up with a selection of conventional and unconventional pieces for the ceremony and cocktail reception (they even snuck in their awesome rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen). They played everything beautifully! I will never again hear the theme song from Cinema Paradiso without tearing up.

I would be remiss not to mention that Sean and his group are flexible when the unexpected happens -- not uncommon at weddings. In our case it was a torrential rain that forced us to move the ceremony inside at the last minute; they handled that curve ball with aplomb and good grace, and we really hope their instruments weren't affected. Even without that one glitch Sean worked very well with our day-of coordinator and he was able to take the music cues I sent in advance from our celebrant and build a perfectly timed ceremony-music repertoire.

We had tons of compliments on the ceremony and reception music. So many people came up to let us know how much they enjoyed Sage's music -- and musicianship -- and a surprisingly large number caught the sometimes cheeky music choices and thought it was great.

Sage String Quartet is not the cheapest quartet available, but they are the best value for the money. I will find an excuse to have another special occasion just so I can hire them again.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Britta Glennon · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional and easy to work with

We hired a cellist for our ceremony from Sage String Quartet, and they were such an easy vendor to work with. They coordinated directly with the church music director for us, and were able to tailor music to the instruments to make a beautiful ceremony. They were also just so open and helpful when we were trying to figure out what instruments to have (a full quartet was out of our price range, but we really wanted some strings). The cellist played beautifully at the ceremony, and all the music coordination went pretty seamlessly.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Tom

Tom Sawanobori · Married on 06/07/2019

Great performance By Sage String quarter at our daughter’s wedding

We had Sage String Quartet play at our daughter’s wedding. From start to finish they were professional, responsive, and most importantly great musicians. Despite the heat of an early July afternoon at Stone Tower Winery, they were great, playing all the songs from their repertoire as well as specific ones we had selected. They played outside and then inside for the cocktail hour. A beautiful performance by a fantastic group. Thanks!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • W

Wendy Rubin · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful music and wonderful people!

We hired Sage for a guitar/violin duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour and the quartet for our reception. All of the music was wonderful and our guests really enjoyed this change of pace from the typical loud reception music. They played a great variety of songs, and working with Kyung before the event was so easy. She even recommended other vendors for us, which was so appreciated. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/18/2019

Fantastic quartet!

We rented a quartet for our wedding ceremony and one hour cocktail hour. Sage String was amazing, perfect in every way. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Mickey L · Married on 03/16/2019

Great Musicians

We decided to hire Sage String Quarter at the last minute, and man are we glad we did. The music they played made our ceremony memorable and will stick with us forever. They are complete professionals and worth every penny!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Courtney · Married on 09/29/2018

Sage was the very first vendor we booked for our wedding this past weekend, and we waited eagerly all year to get to hear them after obsessively listening to their entire library of samples over and over during the planning process. They more than delivered with absolutely gorgeous music for our ceremony and cocktail hour, playing a mix of classic wedding songs, pop hits, and video game music that our guests raved about!! (A friend currently planning her own wedding requested their contact info the next day because she wanted to hire them, too!) They were super responsive and friendly and made the planning process very easy. Enormous song library and incredible talent -- can't recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent communication, talent

We hired the Sage Jazz Trio with sax, keys, bass. This group's staff (I emailed and spoke with Sean) is one of the best teams I communicated with while wedding planning. My questions were always answered clearly, he called ME to make sure things were squared away in the weeks ahead (not vice versa, as was usually the case), and had some really good ideas for things when I wasn't sure on song selection or instrumentation. On the actual day, the musicians were great and entirely self-sufficient (and talented!). I didn't need to think about them or their set-up at all, and everyone enjoyed the music. Thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Claire · Married on 09/22/2018

We worked with Sage Quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding. They were great throughout the process and did a spectacular job on our wedding day! They have a large catalog of songs from which we were able to choose and kept a professional appearance throughout the ceremony and cocktail hour. We chose more classical music for our ceremony but then mixed in some more contemporary music during the cocktail hour. The musical quality of their performance of both was excellent. We highly recommend them for any wedding or major event you are planning.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Julia · Married on 11/03/2017

I come from a family of professional musicians including violinists so it was important to me that I had a fabulous string quartet for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Sage delivered and then some, they did not disappoint! All of my guests commented on how beautiful they sounded, including my very discerning family members! They were prompt and professional, played all the music that we requested (which was mostly pop/rock - they have an extensive repertoire!) and sounded absolutely amazing. Thank you Sage!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2017

Working with Sage could not have been easier! We loved every second of it! From picking out our music to coordinating our mass, Sean and his team could not have been any more helpful. Each member of the quartet looked so professional and classy on the day of. They truly made our ceremony SO special!

Sent on 10/20/2017

ALEXA · Married on 09/02/2017

I cannot thank enough to Sage String Quartet for being such an important part f my wedding. My guests raved about the beautiful music they performed. During the cocktail hour, people were amazed how they sounded, so in sync! They even played the theme of Game of thrones and Battlestar Gallactica, the tango Por Una Cabeza, and other songs in between. Their variety is unique, and their professional, positive attitude was too.
    During the ceremony, the sweet sounds that their instruments played, added texture to it, Cannon in D, A Day in the Life were among the selections. Guests were enjoying every moment.
    I recommend them one hundred percent. They are easy to work with, they are flexible, and I am blessed I found them!

Sent on 09/04/2017

C · Married on 06/03/2017

Sage was a fantastic quartet to have playing for our wedding. They were always very professional, while being accommodating to our various requests. The best feature of Sage String Quartet was their vast music list (songs they can play), with online library to actually hear them performing each! I strongly recommend Sage to anyone looking for excellent quality music for an affordable price.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Tyler · Married on 04/22/2017

Our ceremony and cocktail hour would not have been complete without the beautiful music of Sage String Quartet. While of course the bride doesn't get to hear much of the music because she isn't physically there for most of it (ie- prelude, processional other than bridal, cocktail hour), I heard raving reviews about the music. Everyone absolutely loved it. Thank you!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Justine · Married on 04/30/2016

Having a string quartet playing at my wedding was always a dream of mine. So when my now husband thought we should add one I was extremely excited. Our event manager recommended Sage and we were not dissapointed. Their library is vast and covers all genres. They are also very flexible with commissioning pieces, if you happen to want something not already in their repertoire. The musicians with Sage are masters and their music is phenomenal. My one regret with hiring Sage is that they were playing at my own wedding and i didn't get to just sit and listen to them play.

Sent on 06/02/2016

We used Sage for our ceremony and cocktail hour music and they were excellent! They did a beautiful job. Would definitely use them again.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

As a huge fan of classical music and amateur musician, I wanted to hire a string quartet for my wedding, and not just any string quartet, but the best, and one that would allow me some freedom with music selection. That is why, after looking through quite a few options, I was so happy to discover the Sage String Quartet: they were highly rated in reviews; the website was the most professional I had seen; their sample recordings were the best; their repertoire included many of my favorites; and they had an in-house arranger who could be commissioned to arrange any selections not readily available. Beyond that, what sealed the deal for me was the owner's responsiveness and professionalism. She made such an impression, that, before many other details were set in stone, I decided to go ahead and book them for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and the reception. A year later, and I still know I could not have been happier with my choice.

For the ceremony, I took full advantage of their in-house arranger and commissioned three pieces. With their considerable experience, they were able to time each flawlessly. I also commissioned an arrangement for our first dance. Without any prior rehearsal with them, they were able to time the music, a Viennese waltz, such that I was able to dance without any major catastrophe, i.e. tripping or punching a hole through the train of my dress with my heels, while trying to maneuver on cobblestone. And while I do love classical music, I wanted to give guests some variety, so they were able to entertain us with show tunes and some arrangements of popular songs from their repertoire during the reception.

If I had to do it over again, I would definitely hire the Sage String Quartet. They were polished, professional, stellar, and made the entire day. You simply cannot go wrong with hiring them for your wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Penny · Married on 10/03/2015

It was pouring rain, and it could not have been comfortable in that corner of the tent, but Sage String Quartet provided sophisticated, beautiful accompaniment for my daughter's wedding. Before we found Sage, we were having trouble finding musicians who could play the Dvorak pieces that we wanted for the ceremony -- but Sage was both familiar and enthusiastic, and had some important tips for us based on their experience playing these sorts of events. They also played at the reception, and were lovely. We recommend them without reservation.

Sent on 10/23/2015
  • User5193087 · 2+ years ago

If I could give Sage 10 stars out of 5, I would. They are AMAZING, and were the highlight of our wedding. They performed for our ceremony, cocktail hour and during dinner, and my only regret is that we couldn't be there pre-ceremony or during the start of cocktail hour to hear more of their performance.

We had struggled to find a string quartet near our venue in Vermont who could play the specialized songs we wanted to hear (mostly movie scores, video game scores, and Sigur Ros), but one final, desperate Google search led me to Sage. Luckily they were free on our date, and even luckier, they were willing to travel to Vermont for us! Oh, and learn like 10 new songs!

Kyung was so easy to work with - very responsive, friendly, and professional. They seemed perfectly happy to play out in the middle of the woods (the ceremony location). They sounded incredible - during dinner we kept getting up to go watch them play instead of eating because it was so unbelievably AWESOME to hear a perfect string quartet version of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Jurassic, Park, etc., etc. I wish I could get a CD of them playing everything, because it was SO awesome and sounded so much better than any of the various versions on YouTube. We got so many compliments from our guests, but on top of that it was a true highlight for the two of us.

Sent on 10/18/2015

I'm the MOB and helped my daughter find and coordinate vendors for her 8/22/2015 wedding. Sage String Quartet played for her ceremony. Wonderful music! The contract and planning process was very professional. Kyung offered lots of suggestions and assistance to my daughter and her fiancé in choosing music. I would highly recommend Sage String Quartet!

Sent on 09/04/2015
  • User5120160 · 2+ years ago

We were so excited about having Sage play at our wedding ceremony that they were one of the first vendors we booked and we booked them a year in advance. We enjoyed listening to the music samples that are available on the website and that really helped for song selection. Throughout the process, Kyung (the founding musician) was always responsive and helpful. Talking with her definitely eased our stress about the ceremony. On the day of our wedding, Sage was able to unobtrusively set-up, rehearse a song with the priest, coordinate with our wedding planner, and adjust the music to fit the processional. They are true professionals! Their music was beautiful and we were so happy to have Sage play at our wedding!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/18/2014

We hired Sage String Quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding. They were amazing! First, every interaction I had with them was professional and helpful. They made the planning process a breeze, and fun with their samples on their website. In the end we had them arrange two songs for our wedding, and they both came out beautifully. I had many musicians attending our wedding and they all commented on just how good the quartet was, my only regret is not finding time to spend more time listening to them myself! I recommend Sage String Quartet for any event!

Sent on 12/02/2014