Sage Catering Reviews

189 Reviews for Sage Catering

• MIchelle

MIchelle · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Absolutely Amazing!!

We had our tasting at Sage last weekend and we absolutely cannot wait for our wedding in 2020! Trisha dealt with our inquires in an extremely professional way and has been very responsive since day 1! The chef sat down with us the entire time and was throwing out ideas for our wedding since we are supplying the proteins as we own a pig farm. You can tell how passionate he is about food and supplying a premium product. We are looking forward to everything they have in store for us and were pleased to hear their willingness to work with our farm to table menu! There was not one single thing we tasted that we did not like! Kudos Sage Catering!!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Marisha

Marisha Pucilowski · Married on 10/26/2019

Phenomenal!!

Ed and his team were amazing!! The food was perfectly executed! We choose to do family style with filet mignon and crab cakes. The steak was tender and cooked perfect, and the crab cakes were all crab no filler! Our guests raved about the food and how unique it was to do family style. We had a retired chef as one of our guests, he loved everything we chose as options! Ed was very responsive throughout the whole wedding planning process. He was honest and knowledgeable, and worked as a mentor to assist with making the right decisions. We have received nothing but positive feedback from our guests, which confirms that we made the right decision by picking Sage!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kristin · Married on 09/29/2019

Flawless Food & Service

Sage, and in particular, Ed, were beyond amazing. I hired them for my 120 person wedding at Cairnwood Estate and the event was flawless! From the start, Ed was there to walk me through the entire process, from food selection to linens. I had no idea what I was doing, and he guided me at every step. He met with me, my mom, and two friends for the tasting, and they all loved him! He remained in touch with me, and kept my planning on schedule. The night of the event, I barely saw him, which means he had everything under control and did not need my input on anything. I have no idea if there were any fires to put out, because it was all handled by the staff. The bartenders and wait staff were all wonderful and pleasant, and my guests had nothing but great things to report. I would highly recommend Ed and his team at Sage!!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Sage Catering's reply:

Thank you, Kristin! We are thrilled that you were so happy with everything! Ed is great to work with and I'm happy that our team met all of your expectations.

Lindsay Turner · Married on 09/07/2019

Loveliest vendor!!!

My husband and I got married 9/7/19 at Cairnwood Estate and Sage was one of three for our catering options. After our initial meeting, we did not need to entertain any other options and immediately fell in love with their services (oh yeah, and Trisha Ruffini...if you have the option of working with her consider yourself the luckiest)!!! We did not have to follow up on anything during the planning process...Trisha was on top of every single detail from the get go! From the timeline of how the day would flow, to contacting all of our other vendors to ensure everybody was on the same page, to making sure George and I had food and drinks throughout the night, to "hoarding" our crazy families throughout the day, and most importantly for making all of my visions and dreams a reality! Not only is Sage a catering company with beautiful linens, table decor, incredible food, but truly a wedding planning business as a whole...Trisha was the perfect accompanist to me and my mom as we planned the wedding. Without a doubt, I would recommend Sage and would go back and choose them all over again to relive the most perfect day!!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Thank you, Lindsay!
    We loved working with you and George, and being a part of your wedding day. I'm thrilled that you were so happy with everything, and I agree, Trisha is the best!!
  • Jane

Jane Drake · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfect in every way! Both the wedding and anniversary events could not have been better—menu, prep, service!

I've tasted your wedding service, and now enjoyed an anniversary dinner. Both exceptional.

I wanted to let you know how perfectly everything went for our anniversary dinner. Perfect menu, perfectly prepared food, perfect service.

People are still talking about the food — one wrote to say he's still regretting passing up the budino (he was very full and dieting). Others raved about how the short ribs melted in their mouth! Several mentioned how great Mary and Sammie were — how often do people remember the names of the servers?

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire event — not a worry in the world.

Thank you doesn’t capture it. But THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/24/2019

great food and incredible team!

Sage Catering was phenomenal for our wedding! My husband and I are total foodies and we loved the food. We heard from many of our guests that it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had. Everyone we interacted with was wonderful and helpful. They really helped make our wedding day totally hassle-free and delicious! They were wonderfully accommodating early in our wedding planning when we had a long delay in booking the venue and setting a date.

We worked with Trisha, who is a superhero. She helped us coordinate with our other vendors and there wasn’t a single hiccup. We got married at an urban farm that required us to coordinate with a lot of other vendors and it was no problem at all for Trisha. From early on it was clear she had absolutely everything under control and could roll with any and all bumps in the road. She was a delight to work with and her expertise and recommendations were very helpful. She was always very prompt and flexible. Interacting with her was never a chore like it can be with some vendors.

I really could not recommend Sage and Trisha more highly!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Stacey Ballard · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Food for a Foodie

We LOVE to eat and their food was FANTASTIC!!
    Flexible, creative, amazing planners and staff, everything was perfect!!
    We are a 50+ year old couple, second marriage and we wanted a party to be remembered - can't thank Dana and Greg enough for making our vision exactly what we wanted!!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Sage Catering's reply:

We love you, Stacey! We were thrilled to be a part of your amazing day, and to see you so happy. You deserve all the best!
  • Alexa

Alexa Clofine · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing! Thank you, Trisha & Greg!

Sage was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! Trisha was absolutely FANTASTIC! She helped us from the very start in planning our reception. She was there for any questions we had and would get back to us so quickly. The food was fantastic, everyone loved it! We were so happy with Sage and cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Melissa · Married on 06/22/2019

Great Caterer, delicious food!

Our experience with SAGE started with a tasting at their Berwyn location with Greg. My family, husband, and I were able to try all the hors d'oeuvres and entrees we tentatively picked for our wedding menu. Everything was unbelievably delicious. The taste and quality of the food was maintained at our wedding for 150+ people. They set aside hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour just for the bride and groom and followed us around, which was extremely helpful. Our wedding cake was included if you book within a certain time. The process of picking linens was easy. Menu changes were flexible up until final payment. A note that with SAGE catering, you must have some sort of place cards or meal indicators already present at the table so the staff know what meal each person got. It wasn't an issue for us, but if you plan on getting things hand lettered, please plan ahead! Dana was our event planner and Mary was our day-of coordinator. Both were easy to work with, energetic, and great. We received many compliments on our food, some saying it was the best they had at a wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2019

SUSAN · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Experience !

I can't praise Sage Catering enough ! We had a large outdoor wedding in June and every last detail was ironed out before the big day ! Dana and Greg were completely responsive to any and all requests. The food was excellent (the guests are still talking about it) and the service was superb ! Sage really knows their business and will not disappoint no matter how big or small your wedding is.

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Steph

David · Married on 05/11/2019

Sage Catering Nailed It

I'm not going to write everything I liked about sage because I don't have that much time...but please understand, if you choose another caterer for your wedding, you are doing it wrong.
    Ed was always available, understanding, and sensitive to literally everything we wanted. When the groom (an amateur chef of sorts) wanted to amend the menu, he made sure it was taken care of. When ramps happened to be in season, he added them to the menu with 3 days to go...and acted like he didn't mind. When my (then) fiance and I were in tasting wine in coastal Oregon and ran into a couple that happened to be from where we were getting married, they instantly said "SAGE IS THE BEST" before we even told them what our wedding plan was. They were right. Thanks Ed and all of Sage Catering.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Brian · Married on 05/04/2019

An amazing team of professionals to work with

Ed and his team were extremely friendly and flexible with working around our ridiculously busy schedules. Our food was spectacular as well, our guests could not stop complimenting us after the wedding. A very welcomed hidden benefit of working with this group was that they made sure that my bride and I were able to try out each of our drinks, hor d'oeurves and dinner entrees. On of the staff members ran drinks and food to us while we were talking to our guests, so we would not miss out. Did not expect to actually be full by the end of the wedding!

If you are looking for a truly memorable event and have the budget, this is the catering group for you.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Kimberly Vilk · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing food and staff!

Sage was everything we wanted and more. We first want to say how AMAZING Trisha was as our manager, she dealt with every change and question with ease and made the entire process enjoyable. She delivered in every way possible, and was there for us throughout the entire day. The food was excellent, being that my husband is a chef himself he had high standards, and Sage absolutely excelled. Everyone raved about the food throughout the entire event. The rest of the staff was extremely friendly and always had smile. What a fantastic group of professionals. We thank you all, especially our girl Trisha, for making our wedding one for the books!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie Landau · Married on 03/09/2019

Highly recommended

Sage went above and beyond to help create our dream wedding! They took all of our requests to heart and helped create the perfect menu, a steady flow of appetizers to keep our guests happy and totally got our vision for our day!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Hallie · Married on 12/28/2018

Simply Awesome!

SAGE catered my December 2018 wedding at Cairnwood Estate and I was so glad that we chose them! To set the context – this was a second wedding for both my husband and I who are in our mid-50’s. Rather than a traditional reception, we wanted an evening that felt more like a formal dinner party-including a fully custom French inspired menu. Within 5 minutes of talking with Greg and Dana, I knew they had the skills, attitude, and desire to execute on our vision. Dana was a joy to work with. Besides being a really neat lady, she is very competed and focused. While it took several iterations to get the menu finalized, Dana and Greg were very willing to work with me as we poured over the details of each dish to ensure the entire menu would work perfectly. AND IT DID!!! Our guests raved about the food -- three weeks later and they are still raving about the food! Dana ensured the evening flowed according to plan (relaxed cadence yet ensured dinner did not drag on) while the executive chefs & their teams executed on a series of complicated appetizers and entrees. Not to be overlooked was the wait-staff. They professionally and unobtrusively served our guests and were just very pleasant all the way around. Simply put, SAGE assembled a highly professional and competent team and exceed my very high expectations. Without question, I would highly recommend SAGE for any of your catering needs. They will not disappoint.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 11/17/2018

Top notch service and quality!

Top notch from day one! We were married 2 weeks ago and right after the first email exchange and tasting, we knew we wanted to go with Sage for our wedding. We worked with Trisha and I cannot say enough amazing things about her. She guided us through all the decisions (including ones we didn't even know we had to make!) and made the process so smooth. The food was absolutely delicious. It isn't your typical, manufactured, mass quantity wedding food. The combinations and flavors and presentations were perfect. Everyone was raving about how this wedding was one where people actually will remember the food! They come with an army of people to set up everything; we were blown away by all the support to make their events happen. If you want quality food, service and an event that people will remember, Sage (and Trisha!) will not disappoint!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing To Work With!

I can't rave enough about Sage! We were just married on Saturday - the quality of both the food and service were outstanding. Ed worked with us throughout the entire process to ensure that everything was to our liking and our budget. When it came time for the actual reception, his servers went out of their way to bring us everything we needed. A very nice woman came out during pictures and took drink orders for us. Asked if we wanted to be alone in the bridal suite for a bit during cocktail hour or if we wanted to join our guests. We opted for the bridal suite. Drinks and food were all waiting for us when we arrived, and she continued to bring us whatever we needed throughout the hour. Everything was amazing from start to finish.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Harriet · Married on 09/29/2018

A+ to Dana and her team at Sage Catering for a wedding for 185 people at our home. Let's start with the food- it is hard to prepare food for 185 people, using a catering tent in our yard, and have it taste as good as what we had at the tasting at Sage. But Sage did it- and our guests of all ages commented on how great the food was. The food was matched by exceptional service with focused, calm and friendly staff. Engagement prior to our event was professional and warm, and very responsive to the particular vision we had for this celebration. We used our own family china- no problem! We used our own trays for the homemade desserts we provided- no problem! We asked for different versions of food on the catering menu- no problem! Highly recommend Dana and Sage.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Kate · Married on 09/08/2018

Sage Catering, and Trisha Kehoe in particular, are fabulous. We recently got married and Trisha was as responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable as you would ever hope and need during the planning process. The food was delicious and beautifully presented at the tasting and more importantly, at the wedding. Our friends and family have not stopped raving about it – and the service. The staff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We had a wonderful experience with Sage and highly recommend them. They helped make it a perfect night. Thank you Trisha and team!

Sent on 09/10/2018
  • Raoul

Raoul Aponte · Married on 09/02/2018

Would do it all again!

My wife and I were recently married at Brandywine Manor House and used Sage catering and were so incredibly happy with the whole process but especially our wedding day. Dana was incredibly helpful; she was able to guide us with creating our ideas into reality. She knew the venue very well and provided a lot of insight. The food (cocktail hour, dinner, dessert, AND late night snacks) was just so delicious. Dana went out of her way to find my favorite Italian cookies for part of our desserts! Thinking about the whole process, we have to say that Dana made everything so much easier. She totally helped with details we would never have even thought of whether it was linens, timeline, etc. She made everything pretty easy and stress free. Dana did a lot of coordination to make our day more about us. We can't say enough how much we were able to just have fun and not worry about anything. We would without a doubt recommend Dana and Sage to cater your wedding! We are sure glad we did!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 06/22/2018

Working with Sage Catered Events was hands down the best decision my husband and I made while planning our wedding. Working with Ed and his team could not have been easier. He made it very clear that whatever we wanted or came up with for our menu, could be done. He wasn't kidding. My husband and I made changes up until two weeks before our wedding (we're a pain) and it was not an issue at all. From our initial contact when showing interest in Sage, to the last second of our wedding day, we absolutely received incredible service from Ed and Sage as a whole. Our tasting was so fun, easy going, and delicious, and that showed even on our wedding day. We've all been to weddings where the food, when mass produced, is less than great, but even for our wedding of 135 guests, every dish looked/tasted like the ones at our tasting. Guests are STILL telling us how delicious the food was. If you are looking for a catering vendor that really puts your mind at ease, takes the reigns, and delivers what they promise which is fantastic food and service, I would recommend Sage one thousand times over. I hope to work with them in the future for personal and corporate events.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Dana · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I were married May 5 at Brandywine Manor House. We decided to use Sage as our caterers and are so happy that we did!

Ed was amazing from start to finish. He was organized, helpful, and extremely patient! He did a wonderful job of keeping me, the anxious bride, calm about every decision I had to make. He was there every step of the way from choosing the entree and signature drink to helping us choose table cloths! Many of our guests noticed how involved he was in the wedding and told us how great he was.

Ed’s staff was amazing the day of he wedding. They were ready and willing to help any guest including my elderly aunts who needed help getting around.
    At the end of the night, they packed up my wedding cake, left over alcohol and loaded it into my car.

The food was absolutely amazing. The pass arounds kept coming during cocktail hour and you could see everyone enjoying the food. Whenever we speak to our guests, “the food was amazing” is always a line we hear.

A big thank you to Ed and Sage for keeping our guest happy and for helping to make our wedding day the absolute best day ever!
    Dana and Victor L

Sent on 07/13/2018

Janipher · Married on 05/04/2018

If you want great food with exceptional white glove service, with a coordinator who will work with your budget, this is literally where your search stops. Forget everyone else... just do it. Hugo and I just got married 2 weeks ago and I truly couldn't have chosen a better catering team-- and I. AM. PICKY.

Great tasting and great looking food, with high-end quality-like finishes at a price that didn't leave me completely strapped with nothing left to complete the rest of our wedding with. My biggest relief came when we were a month or so out from the wedding day and I began to get flustered on the details (details you don't even think of until 4-6 weeks out). I couldn't afford a day-of coordinator.. no problem, Sage covered it. I was worried about paying additional venue fees for bottled alcohol... no problem, Sage poured. I was trying to budget for mixers I had to purchase for the bar... no problem, Sage provided those free of charge. I had to figure out how much ice to buy and where to store it... no problem, Sage was providing anyway. I had guests with food allergies and both mother of the bride and groom going through cancer with special dietary concerns... no problem, Sage worked out a custom plate for each guest. I had last minute children's and vendor meals to figure out... no problem, Sage can handle it. Had a major party favor snafu a week out from the wedding, but no worries... Sage provided the favors I wanted for us at a reasonable price. I literally went to Ed with a BOOK of panicky level-10 fire drills and he took care of ALL of it.

We also had the best tasting and most beautifully decorated cake (thanks to Ed's recommendation), all guests RAVED over the food, and team and level of SERVICE on the day of. My goodness-- UNMATCHED. DANA is a GEM. She was seamless and I barely noticed her because she just operated behind the scenes and made sure everything ran smoothly. SAGE IS THE BEST. If you choose anyone else, you seriously might regret it.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Roshni · Married on 04/28/2018

I seriously can’t give Sage enough stars!!! They were incredible! First of all (and most importantly), the food was incredible! They are not afraid of flavor like some caterers. People have been raving about the apps and dinner nonstop since the wedding. Trisha was there for us every step of the way. Even when I was freaking out a few days before asking if it was too late to add a drink cart or when I needed another vegan meal the night before. The amount of food we received for the price, the service and responsiveness, and the taste of the food - worth EVERY penny. I will be using Sage in the future and be recommending them to every person I know! Thank you for making our wedding delicious - I couldn’t have pulled it off without you, Trisha!!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Sage Catering's reply:

Thank you, Roshni! It was a pleasure working with you.
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/18/2018

So Much More Than a Caterer

Our wedding was essentially a long-distance wedding. We opted to have it back in my hometown, but I had moved to Arkansas three years prior to be with my now-husband, and while saving up for the big day we could only afford to travel back to Philadelphia once before the wedding. Hiring Sage was the best vendor decision I made, hands-down. Not only did they perfect the food that my guests and my photographer still rave about (not a small task for a bride with food allergies!), but Trisha worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect for the big day. She is the reason we didn't need to travel back and forth to Philly! She went above and beyond to coordinate with the venue, ensure the reception went smoothly and even cut out table numbers I'd forgotten about at the last minute. We are so thankful for Sage and would recommend them to any bride or groom in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/07/2019