Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Reviews

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 5
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 6
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 7

Malori · Married on 02/20/2016

I had my wedding reception at the Spa in the four springs ballroom. This was the best decision I made. Maria Touloumis was the most amazing person to have plan my reception. I had no worries at all because of her. She was so efficient, organized, honest, generous, professional and just all around AMAZING! I highly recommend the Safety Harbor Spa and Maria for your reception. I had the most amazing experience and Maria gave me everything I ever wanted for my special day. I wouldn't have changed anything I was a worry free bride and the reception couldn't have been anymore perfect! Everything was so beautiful and went so smoothly! Thank you so much! I give the universe of stars for a rating! Five is not enough! ??

Sent on 03/06/2016

Annette and Jerry · Married on 02/20/2016

We cant thank Maria Touloumis enough in all she did to put on a spectacular wedding for our daughter. The Safety Harbor Spa is a beautiful venue for your big day. Our guest loved the facility and the atmosphere and service was outstanding. We did receive many compliments on the food and besides the fact that it was presented well the dinner portions were second to none. We eat out a lot as a family and most places do not give you the portions we received. The food was delicious. Each and every staff member we came in contact with was excellent. If we had to do another event or wedding we certainly know where we would go.

Maria thanks again you did a fabulous job helping us with coordinating every inch so that Maloris wedding went off without a hitch. Thank you so much.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2016

My sister's wedding took place on 2/20/16. I am a professional wedding planner and own Quickcare Event Planners located in Tampa. Needless to say my expectations were high and perfection was a must for my baby sister!
    For this event I was able to enjoy the fact that everything was taken care of and I could enjoy this moment in time with my family and friends.
    I have known John Ward (Catering Director) for many years & many events and he always goes above and beyond! Love him!!!!
    He is professional and always on point. He and his wonderful staff staged a fabulous event for us. Even on a tight budget John said not to worry and he included so many wonderful amenities for my sis and our family. As he has always done for all of my clients!
    I would highly recommend Safety Harbor Resort and Spa.... it is gorgeous and the rooms are wonderful and spacious. The grounds are beautiful and so many photo opps.
    You will definitely have the wedding of your dreams!
    Jennifer McCrackin
    Quickcare Events
    www.getquickcare.com

Sent on 03/09/2016

Bruce · Married on 02/14/2016

We engaged the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa to provide the cocktail hour and reception/dinner for our wedding on February 14, 2016. John Ward and his staff did an amazing job. They handled every detail with great care and the event was quite simply "perfect". Every single aspect exceeded our expectations from the quality of the food to the caliber of the service. The food was not only delicious, but the presentation was exquisite. In addition, the decorations in the wedding tent were incredibly beautiful down to the last detail. In addition, the staff was extremely accommodating and gracious to us and all of our guests. We have received rave reviews from many of those who attended. One couple even said that based on their experience with the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa at our wedding reception that they will consider it as a potential site to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

Rave reviews for John Ward and his staff. Thanks to each and everyone of you for making our wedding reception amazing in every way.

Bruce Mills
    Jim Hollingsworth

Sent on 02/19/2016

My husband and I just had our wedding less than a week ago at the Spa. Maria Savakis Touloumis was such a pleasure to work with. She genuinely cared about you and your budget. Not only was she a sweetheart, she always gave you a good laugh. She would let us know what we really needed at the reception and what we didn't need to waste money on. If it wasn't for her I don't think our reception would have gone so smoothly.

The Spa is such a gorgeous place in general but the room was completely transformed. On top of that, Maria was constantly around to make sure everything was going as we had discussed. She always answered her calls/texts in a timely matter and made everything we wanted happen. Another plus was the amazing food that was served. Everyone was amazed by how delicious the salmon tasted with such a large group of people.

I just want to say thank you to Maria and the staff at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa, you helped make our wedding one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Roz · Married on 01/16/2016

A wonderful place to have your event. You cannot beat the location, the food, the atmosphere. The staff is friendly and accommodating and eager to please. I highly recommend you to check it out.

Sent on 02/07/2016

This was the most beautiful venue. It offered several beautiful settings for the ceremony. The Ball room was very elegant and gave a wonder romantic feeling to the celebration. My daughter was looking for a location that would bring in Florida charm and a vintage/elegant feel to her special day. This venue did all that and more. The Safety Harbor Resort was wonderful and it provided extremely reasonable yet posh accommodations for our out of town guests. It was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Having our daughters wedding at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa was absolutely the best decision! The venue was perfect for out of town guests (as well as in-town guests) who enjoyed every moment t the spa and in the town of Safety Harbor. The wedding was in the tent, the cocktail party was at the Tranquility Gardens, the dinner and dance was in the Bayshore Conference Center and the back pool deck was used for a coffee/cigar bar after the reception....we were able to enjoy many areas of the spa to make our daughter and son-in-laws wedding day perfect. All of this was made possible by Maria T. who worked with us from day one on planning a wedding that was everything that the bride and groom wanted for their perfect day. Maria went above and beyond to provide us with everything that we requested and offered suggestions and ideas that would make the day not only be perfect but to run smoothly. Maria T. was always available and would return messages/voicemails/texts immediately which is a great comfort as you are planning a wedding. Maria was much more than our wedding/event coordinator she became a real friend and was concerned with every detail of the wedding but more importantly she was concerned with the happiness of the bride and groom (as well as their families)! I cannot say enough great things about SHRS and Maria T. the experience was amazing and we have nothing but wonderful, incredible memories of our daughter and son-in-laws wedding day!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Kayla · Married on 10/17/2015

The Safety Harbor Resort and Spa was what I always dreamed my wedding would be. Maria T. made my experience so perfect and made sure my day went so smoothly that I could not be more pleased. Everything was exactly what I wanted and more. Maria constantly stayed in touch with me and made sure everything was exactly what I wanted. The whole process was completely painless and I had zero stress knowing Maria was taking care of everything.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2015

The venue for our wedding was absolutely beautiful! The entire staff made both my husband and I extremely happy. Maria Touloumis, our wedding planner, made us feel like we were family. The entire staff from the front desk to the spa to the restaurant to the tiki bar were adamant in making sure that the day went perfectly. Thank you for making our day so memorable!

I would recommend working with Maria if possible. She has a great vision and passion for making your dreams come true.

Sent on 01/25/2017

luisana · Married on 10/10/2015

I celebrated a civil wedding ceremony at the ballroom at safety harbor. Huauuu that place is amazingly beautiful... the food was one of the best I have ever try in Florida and Maria Toulomis was the most wonderful person I have ever met. I recommend this place to anyone wishing to have a magic moment in their life.
    Luisana Aug 22 2015

Sent on 10/16/2015

Andrea · Married on 09/26/2015

We absolutely loved our wedding at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa! Both of our families still talk about how great it was. From the service, to the scenery and beautiful ballroom, to the food, everything was perfect. The whole staff was very accommodating, helpful, and caring. We worked directly with Diana Cardenas during the planning process and the day of the wedding. She made my stresses melt away. She was very organized, level headed, and just great at what she does. When I thought I was being a stressed out, high maintenance bride she reassured me that I was a pleasure to work with and that I was doing a great job. It just shows how kind she is. When my new husband forgot my very special, engraved wine glass in the hotel room after we checked out, Diana made sure to locate it and ship it to me at no cost back to Massachusetts. Our families loved the resort and had so much fun during our wedding weekend. If we could do it all over again, we'd do it again at Safety Harbor Resort!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful thanks to Safety Harbor Resort & Spa and our wedding coordinator Maria Savakis Touloumis. Maria was always there when I needed something and was always there to give me good ideas. I gave her the list of all my vendors and she made sure to get in touch with them all to make sure everything went smoothly the day of; and that's exactly what she did, I didn't have to worry about a thing and got to enjoy every second of my special day! The food was incredible, the venue looked stunning and all my guests had such a wonderful time! Thank you Safety Harbor Resort & Spa and thank you Maria Savakis Touloumis!!!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Tara · Married on 07/24/2015

I just wanted to add that the FOOD was the most delicious food I have ever had at a wedding in many years.
    My husband and I have been to some of the best venues in the states for weddings including downtown NYC,
    and I was so happy to get my third plate of food. Thank you Maria and staff ... outstanding service and it was
    really a delicous and beautiful event.

Tara & Mike
    Tampa

Sent on 08/03/2015

Joanna · Married on 06/13/2015

We can't say enough good things about this venue. The location is beautiful,the reception hall was gorgeous and the staff was wonderful to work with. The food was delicious and serving size was more than ample. I would highly recommend it to anyone. We worked very closely with Bridgett Chavez. She is a delight to work with.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Susan · Married on 05/31/2015

My daughter got married at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa in May, 2015. We looked at many other venues both here and in Maryland, and the Spa was far and above the overall best choice. The setting was beautiful, the food was delicious, the area was perfect for our out-of-town guests to enjoy, and most of all our coordinator, Maria was superb. She kept me calm and relaxed from start to finish, and she took care of everything. She added many little extras along the way, including special treats the day of the wedding. We had guests of all ages from many parts of the country, and everyone raved about this wedding. I have recommended the Spa to my family members and friends who have recently become engaged.

Sent on 08/06/2015

We had our wedding here and it was absolutely amazing. The staff are really helpful and added a lot of additional touches. We had our reception in the ballroom which was beautiful . Also their catering is exceptional - both the appetizers and the main courses were among the best I have had at a wedding. All the guests really enjoyed the wedding here.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Joanne · Married on 05/28/2015

My fiance and I showed up with no appointment and Maria Touloumis was so kind dropping what she was doing to show us around and provide us with the information we needed. The day of or wedding she was my fairy godmother! Maria was so attentive to detail. She had everything set up as we discussed, she even threw in a few of her own special touches. The staff was amazing and the food was incredible. Our guests were so impressed with the cocktail hour in History Hall and the beauty of the Four Springs Ballroom. Thank you Maria for
    making our dream come true. ♥

Sent on 01/28/2015

Trish · Married on 05/02/2015

We recently had our daughter's destination wedding at the Safety Harbor Spa & Resort and we couldn't have been more pleased. The wedding was held in the beautiful Tranquility Garden and the reception in the Four Springs Ballroom. Being a destination wedding, the rehearsal dinner was held in the tent near the pool also. Over all, the entire weekend of events couldn't have been more beautiful! Our guests were all impressed with the food, service and accommodations at the resort. When you are planning a destination wedding, your guests’ accommodations are just as important as the wedding itself and we couldn't have asked for a better. I want to mention one individual who stood out, and she was Maria at the front desk. She went above and beyond to accommodate and make our guests comfortable as well as assist us in the planning of our guests stays.

As for the over-all planning and wedding itself, we cannot say enough about our wedding coordinator, Maria Savakis Touloumis. From helping our daughter pick her very specific menu to the day of the ceremony, Maria was great! Maria never hesitated to answer any questions we had promptly and with honesty. Her experience helped to make planning a destination wedding seamless. She was always willing to meet with us and worked well with our daughter who was transferred out of Tampa for work just after the contract was signed. When there was an issue with weather and an outside event that caused a change in the ceremony venue at the spa, Maria promptly handled the situation and relocated us to the Tranquility Garden without any stress to the bride. The ceremony couldn't have been more beautiful and above all, Maria’s focus was making the bride’s day trouble-free. Maria is a huge asset!

In all, we highly recommend the Safety Harbor Spa & Resort and would not hesitate to have another of our daughters’ weddings there in the future. With Maria as our coordinator, of course.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Katie · Married on 05/02/2015

We absolutely loved our reception at Safety Harbor Resort & Spa. Maria T. at the spa worked with my family and I every step of the way to ensure that the wedding was a blast. From the picking out the table linens to finding me a can of hairspray during the reception, Maria T. is THE BEST! She thought of everything - and she's a miracle-worker with food! We did a duet plate with grouper and filet mignon, which is a challenge to cook properly for 125 people, but everyone raved about the food and the big portions. The Four Springs Ballroom was beautiful and hardly needed any decorating. We even had fun at the tasting and stayed in touch with Maria T. in the months leading up to the big day. She gave her honest opinions about particular dishes and timing, even when it caused her to do more work, she was happy to take care of us. I'd absolutely recommend the Spa to any bride who is considering it. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Brianna · Married on 04/01/2015

Maria was extremely helpful every step of the way. She responded quickly to all our questions and even gave us her cell number when she was on vacation. She happily accommodated our special requests, including several last-minute appetizer changes and a special meal for a guest with allergies.

The venue itself was beautiful with a lot of character. It wasn't sterile like some other places we looked at. The food was delicious (and exactly like what we had in the tasting). The value was also hard to beat, especially for a hotel this nice.

Sent on 06/27/2015

We searched for a venue for our wedding reception for a LONG time. I almost felt like an expert when it comes to venues because we went and saw so many of them. We finally decided on Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. We're so glad we did! Our wedding coordinator was Diana Cardenas. She is a fantastic representative of Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. She is also a very nice person and to me ... her personality is perfect for her job. Diana has a way of handling stressful times in a way that REDUCES YOUR STRESS! Yes ... please read that again slowly... and you'll thank me later because you're going to find out that anything to reduce your stress at this time of your life ... it's a gift. Diana is a gift.

The resort itself is well managed and very well maintained. Did you ever watch that Hotel impossible tv show where the management is not keeping their hotel nice? Well this hotel would never be on that show! The hotel has a certain something ... a certain quality that we felt made for quite an elegant evening. Also, the staff at the hotel was impressive.

Speaking of the staff! Diana was very easy to deal with from first meeting to the night of the reception and afterwards. We are forever grateful to her :). Also, you may see a man walking around looking a bit stiff and watching everything, I don't know his name but we were told he was the general manager. We spoke to him a few times and he was always courteous and even one time walked up to us and volunteered to take my husband and my picture! Now this is the GM of the resort :). This kind of ... thoughtfulness ... you will see it in so many of the people there.

Please do yourself a favor and select this hotel for your event. You will NOT regret it :)

Sent on 04/15/2015

Sam · Married on 03/14/2015

we could not say more about the high level of professionalism and care exhibited by the entire staff! Thank you for making our wedding so very special!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Karen · Married on 03/14/2015

My wedding at Safety Harbor Resort was absolutely perfect!! From the rehearsal to the end of the wedding day it couldn't have been any better! The rooms were great, the location was perfect, the food was awesome and Maria (our wedding planner/coordinator) was absolutely wonderful. People are still talking about how beautiful it was and how great the good was. I wouldn't change anything!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Catherine & David · Married on 02/28/2015

We loved the idea of having our wedding at the historic Safety Harbor Resort & Spa so we could have our ceremony and reception at the same place our out of town guests could stay. Having never planned a wedding before, I did not know what to expect. After our first meeting with Maria Savakis Touloumis, I knew we make the right choice. Maria put us at ease i knew she'd be there, with her experience, all along the way. She worked with us with every detail and pointed us in the right direction as we put our day together. Every guest told us it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The cake was perfect. The service was genuine. We feel like we joined the family at Safety Harbor Resort and have enjoyed returning at our 6th month anniversary and now today- one year later. Maria will always have a special place in our hearts and we make sure to say hi every time we come back.

Sent on 02/28/2016