Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Reviews

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 6
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 7
  • Christina

Christina Villa · Getting married on 03/27/2020

Professional with a personal touch

First, allow me to say thanks to all whom left their reviews on Maria T., they were all spot on. If you are a detailed oriented person, Maria is a great fit.

Of the multiple venues we had visited, our experience at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa was the absolute best! Maria and the staff there are wonderful. Extremely attentive, patient and understanding.

We left our visit knowing that Maria would provide peace of mind and the support and coordination we'll need to plan our wedding. She listens and pays attention to detail. She provided her advice based on her extensive experience with such occasions.

She took her time to create a customized package to suit our needs and budget, offered great potential savings and treated us to a lovely brunch, to which of course provided us with the opportunity to taste and see the quality of their meals as well as experience the top level of service from the staff.

None of the other vendors offered half as much. We truly felt like we were appreciated and that our potential business was important to them.

I would highly recommend considering Safety Harbor Resort and Spa for your next event. It would be a mistake to not make an appointment and provide them the opportunity to earn your business. This is our last stop. Truly as the saying goes, we "saved the best for last".

• Camille

Camille · Getting married on 08/25/2019

My fiance and I fell in love with this place. So gorgeous and elegant! We are super stoked until our wedding next year! Their staff is amazing and on point not much room for error with their professionalism and Jenna is super down to earth and pleasant to work with. Overall it's an excellent choice for your wedding venue.

Al · Getting married on 04/27/2019

When we walked in to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa we feel in love with it immediately.
    Thanks to Maria, Jenna and staff for the tour, the personal time and making our choice..the simplest ever.
    We have full confidence that the continued support and efforts will make our wedding a day to remember!

Nader Mokhtar · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing venue and manager

We just attended a wedding here and the manager Maria Touloumis made all the guests very well taken care of. She made sure everything was taken care and kept a flow going through the whole event. Thank you again Maria.

• Caitlan

Caitlan Trask · Married on 11/03/2018

Elegant Affair

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa was the perfect venue for our wedding vision. The ability to have the ceremony and reception on the same property was a huge time saver. The Four Springs Ballroom was beautiful and looked phenomenal when all of the fine details were set. We had a few small issues with the wedding tent and the cleanliness of the "look". However, at the end of the day the small issues were not noticeable and the team at Safety Harbor did their absolute best to make our dream day perfect! The food was divine (the few bites we were able to grab before being puled away!), the guests raved about it for weeks to come. If we were to do this all over again, we would choose the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa!

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 8
    Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 20
    Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 21

Brittany Martin · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Venue

I would recommend this venue to brides in a heartbeat. I told my husband if we could do our wedding again, I would.. and I wouldn't change a thing. Everything from the rehearsal dinner at the pool bar, to the ceremony in the tent, to cocktail hour in History Hall to the reception in the Four Springs Ballroom. It was all perfect. I can not say enough good things about Maria Touloumis. Exactly one month before my wedding, my catering coordinator quit... leaving me panicked. Everything I had discussed was with someone else, I was scared and nervous. Maria and I talked that night.. and she assured me everything would be perfect and she made she everything was. The food, decorations, planning.... was perfect. I'm thrilled with how our wedding turned out.

Aubrie · Married on 10/06/2018

I was in a wedding at this beautiful resort this weekend! Maria was the most helpful, the staff and the food was incredible!! I would relive this weekend at the resort every weekend!!

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 22

Susan · Married on 10/06/2018

This place is amazing and so well organized. Maria was an excellent employee. She was wedding coordinator at the resort and top notch. She handled everything to a tee AND went above and beyond on every detail of the Gale/ Middleton wedding.

Diane · Married on 10/06/2018

AMAZING PLACE FOR A RECEPTION....WE HAD MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING RECEPTION AT SAFETY HARBOR ON 10/6/18.
    Our experience was nothing short of spectacular . Maria could not have been more loving, attentive, helpful, responsive and professional. She made this day so special for my daughter, the entire wedding party and guests. The ballroom is beautiful, the rooms are amazing and the food was fabulous. Thank you to everyone at Safety Harbor for making a wonderful day even more glorious. ❤️

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 23
    Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 24

Nichole · Married on 10/06/2018

The spa and all the staff are just excellent. I had my wedding here and everything went completely as planned. All my guests had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. I've been to the spa several times now and will continue to keep coming back. Safety Harbor is a great little town with lots of events on Main Street. Perfect location and a perfect place to have a wedding. Plus the guess I'll get access to the fitness center, Pools and Hot Tubs, etc. Thank you too Maria, Jessica and all the stuff for making our day so special

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 25
    Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 26
    Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 27
    Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 28

Kenya · Married on 09/02/2018

The venue sets the tone for a very elegant but fun wedding. The staff was very accommodating to our every need. The food was delicious, and our wedding pictures are amazing. We had such a great time, we didn't want it to end. So we are thinking of having a 1 year anniversary "after party" there. That should be amazing.

Patty · Married on 09/02/2018

Our daughter and son-in-laws’s wedding reception was held at the spectacular Safety Harbor Spa and Resort. We also had her bridal shower which held in the outdoor tent. We couldn’t have been more pleased. The food was amazing! Maria our wedding coordinator is the best to work with. She is very knowledgeable, professional and yet I felt as if I was working with an old friend!

Lisa · Married on 08/04/2018

We had our daughter's wedding ceremony as well as reception here and it was a BEAUTIFUL and FUN-PACKED time! They took care of EVERYTHING! From the very beginning stages of planning to the actual wedding day. Maria gave recommendations for linens, cake decorators, DJ's, photographers, etc. She made the planning process so laid back and easy. The wedding day is upon us and as we all know nothing ever goes exactly as planned, right? Life happens! But Maria took the stress out of it all for us and made it a very beautiful, enjoyable, fun filled night that we will always remember and wish we could do over again!! Thank you Maria and your staff for everything!! We haven't gotten our photos back yet but we will be sure to share when we do. Safety Harbor ROCKS!

Mary · Married on 04/22/2018

My daughter just got married here and it was AMAZING!!!! Maria, Jenna, and staff were outstanding. The guests were raving about the wedding and reception all night. I am beyond thrilled with how it turned out. This is truly a wonderful venue. I will recommend the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa to anyone looking for a venue. I just can't say enough about the staff and service. Mary Byrkit Wedding Date 04/22/18

Leah · Married on 04/06/2018

Flawless. Maria and the team at SHRS have weddings down to a science, but still have a way of making you feel like you're their only client. When we started our venue search, we looked at cheaper places too but all of them were completely a la carte in terms of getting other vendors. We figured by the time we hired all of them it would cost just as much but be even more stressful trying to coordinate with all individual vendors. The packages at SHRS include venue, catering, alcohol, some decor, cake (as long as you go with one of their preferred vendors), linens, tableware, and your day-of coordinator. Imagine trying to hire all of those separately on top of your DJ, florist, officiant, etc.! The initial price tag may be a bit of a sticker shock, but it's well worth it. Plus, if you're flexible, they'll work with you to lower your overall price.
    Our ceremony was in the tent which was gorgeous! It made the 120 people feel like an intimate wedding. Even though it's right next to the pool, you can't hear any outside noise and would have no idea that people were sunbathing on the other side of it. The reception was in the Four Springs ballroom which is simply stunning. There really aren't any other words to describe it, and I feel like googling photos doesn't do it justice but I would highly recommend it.
    The food alone is worth every penny. We did a buffet and chose the mahi, New York strip, and eggplant rollatini. We had several vegetarian guests which was the only reason we even entertained the eggplant initially but it ended up being my favorite thing on the menu. We had guests tell us the New York strip was the best steak they've ever had and the mahi got rave reviews as well.
    If you're lucky enough to have Maria as your coordinator, count your blessings! She is amazing and knows how to put on a wedding. She asks questions you wouldn't even think to consider, and is incredibly accommodating. Book your wedding here - you won't be disappointed!

Sue · Married on 03/30/2018

Jenna Ribarich and her staff, were on top of everything! Everything went so smoothly, the only problem was it ended too soon.. let's do it again!

Voula · Married on 02/17/2018

Safety Harbor Spa is the perfect venue for a wedding of about 250 guests. It's especially accommodating for out of town guests. Maria and her staff are wonderfully helpful and professional. We couldn't have picked a better place for her reception.

Karen · Married on 11/11/2017

We cannot say enough about our experience. Our wedding is not until November, but Maria is fantastic. She is very professional, flexible, always provides suggestions/options and is making our experience very magical. We feel very fortunate to have Maria helping to plan and guide 'Our' day. Thank you, Karen & Rose

Victoria · Married on 07/08/2017

Maria and her whole team OMG what can I even say !! She was amazing, she gave a lot of insight, helped me make a lot of decisions, and feisty lol but it's because she knew exactly what to do but I loved working with her, and the Athena Ballroom is just BEAUTIFUL. I would HIGHLY recommend any bride looking for the best to contact them. Everytime I think about it I wish I could relive the whole thing!

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2017

My husband and I are over the moon with the wedding ceremony and reception that we had memorial day weekend at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. Maria was so helpful and patient with us throughout the entire process. We needed a lot of help because we had no idea to plan a wedding on our own. Maria was extremely kind to us and always accommodating. She made sure that we didn't need to worry about anything at all on our wedding day and were able to fully focus on the celebration. We and all of our family and friends had an unforgettable weekend and our wedding was absolutely beautiful. We could not be happier. We highly recommend Safety Harbor and Maria!

Patricia · Married on 05/28/2017

I wanted to write a quick review about this resort and the staff (especially Maria). Our daughter was married at Safety Harbor on 5/28/17 and Maria could not have been more helpful. My husband and I live in PA and our daughter lives in FL so we were unable to help much with the planning. Maria jumped right in and helped my daughter plan an absolutely beautiful day. From beginning to end, Maria was right there to make sure everything went smoothly. Given how beautiful this place is, we were also pleasantly surprised at the affordability. We are so pleased and would highly recommend this venue and especially Maria.

• FutureMrsBueno

Deborah · Married on 04/02/2017

We chose this location for our wedding ceremony and reception based on WW reviews, the charm and history of the property, and the unique look of the resort and event spaces we picked. And the amazing food we tasted at their Sunday buffet! About 3-4 weeks before our wedding we had to make some unexpected changes that were very stressful, but everyone at Safety Harbor was absolutely amazing. They truly went above and beyond to accommodate us and make us feel like valued customers. I'm sure our wedding of under 50 people was very small compared to many of the events they host, but we never felt that from them. Maria Touloumis and her staff were fantastic! They really made us feel like family throughout the planning, our tasting and any time we had to communicate with them with questions or concerns. I can't say enough about all they did for us, and our wedding day was absolutely perfect from start to finish. Thank you!!

Adriana · Married on 03/12/2017

This place is just breath taking. The charm and history of the resort alone made it a reason for my husband and I want to see it in person. It definitely did not disappoint. We got married here few weeks ago and loved going once a month just to visit the area. Meeting Maria Touloumis is a must if you are looking to book here, she will change your life! Her and her catering staff are absolutely amazing and so accommodating to everything you think you need. Maria was more than attentive to our vision and made sure that everything we wanted was able to come true. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we are still getting compliments on it. If you have the opportunity to go over to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and tour the grounds you must ask for Maria Touloumis - you will not be disappointed!

Lillie · Married on 01/27/2017

Our family recently hosted a bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding reception all at this venue. It is quite a gem! There are several rooms and locations within this venue to choose from. Beautiful settings for pictures both indoor and outdoor. The food was creative and amazing! All three events had different types of food ordered and none disappointed. The event planner, Maria T. was absolutely wonderful. She helped us navigate through the details, offered insightful suggestions and all in all was a pleasure to work with. She is knowledgeable and professional, yet puts you at ease. I highly recommend this venue. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. Since this is also a hotel and spa, it is perfect for out of town guests, or for the guests who would like to stay over instead of driving home. It makes for a great weekend retreat.