Sacred Mountain Julian Reviews

26 Reviews for Sacred Mountain Julian

• Dana

Dana 路 Married on 10/24/2019

Phenomenal Venue!! 馃

Sacred Mountain and its staff it's is absolutely phenomenal! The staff is so incredibly kind and was always so supportive, even when I had a million question's the year leading up to my wedding! They were always so kind to help! Ashley was the main go to person for me and she was always quick at responding to my emails. I celebrated my gorgeous wedding here on 10-24-2019, from ceremony to the very end of night was so stunning this is a beautiful place to say I do!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Kaitlin 路 Married on 06/07/2019

The perfect setting and so easy

Sacred mountain made everything so easy! From easy communication with employees, to the most beautiful setting I could ask for. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Thank you Kaitlin! We appreciate your feedback and hope you had an amazing honeymoon. We can't wait to see your pictures, you both were such a pleasure to have celebrate at Sacred Mountain.
  • Marina

Marina 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful property and wonderful staff!

Sacred Mountain was the perfect place to have our wedding! We wanted a venue surrounded by nature with a mountain/forest vibe, which can be really difficult to find in southern California. Sacred Mountain was perfect! It's an absolutely beautiful property, gorgeous views, and really feels like you're in the mountains. We still get compliments from guests about how amazing the venue was!

The staff is wonderful as well! They're very professional and accommodating, and were always available to answer questions. When the weather forecast for our May wedding predicted rain, they not only handled everything with activating the "rain plan", but checked in with me every day to make sure I was doing OK and reassure me everything would be fine. Luckily, day of, it didn't actually rain at all! We really appreciated the effort and flexibility of the staff when dealing with last-minute weather-related changes!

We stayed at the property for the weekend and the houses are clean, comfortable and very well-equipped! It really was the wedding of our dreams, thank you Sacred Mountain team!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Marina,
    Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you were happy with our staff and our "Plan B" in the event of rain. Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous!

Kay 路 Married on 04/21/2019

This place is MAGICAL and we couldn't have been happier!

To start - I live in Los Angeles and my husband and I were looking for wedding venues in the LA area. I was looking for an intimate, outdoor venue with beautiful scenery and lots of greenery around. It was also super important to us that we were able to choose our own vendors. But we quickly found out that many venues that had the vibes we wanted included package deals that we had to go with and they were much pricier than our budget. As we started to expand our search outside the LA area, we ended up finding Sacred Mountain. Granted it was a bit farther than I had originally wanted, it was SO WORTH it and we honestly couldn't be happier. Sacred Mountain is breathtaking with the greenery everywhere. I fell in love with the Sunset Plateau, which is where we held our ceremony. But it was also amazing that we had a different vibe for the cocktail hour just a walk down from the plateau and for the reception. Our guests raved about how everything flowed so well from each part of our wedding and how beautiful everything was. Finally, the SMJ team was so great. They were on top of everything, accommodating, and friendly. Our wedding dreams came true, so thank you, Sacred Mountain. :)

Sent on 06/09/2019

Kay,
    Thank you! We are so happy that you found Sacred Mountain! It was great working with you and Ivan. We are wishing you many years of happiness together!
  • Kimberly

Kimberly 路 Married on 01/05/2019

Most beautiful venue ever!

Sacred Mountain Julian was above and beyond anything we could have imagined! This mountain venue offered breathtaking views while still having the feel of seclusion and intimacy. Nothing can compare to the natural beauty of this venue! We received the best customer service and were always greeted with smiles every time we visited before our wedding, whether we had a planned meeting or not. The staff does everything they can to make you feel welcome and create the wedding of your dreams. We got married in January and ended up with a touch of rain on our wedding day and had to get tents set up, and the venue handled everything without a hitch! They allowed us to be stress free on our wedding day and made sure all of our guests were warm and comfortable. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Kimberly we appreciate your feedback so very much! Thank you for being a winter wonderland bride and celebrating with us at Sacred Mountain. We are happy to hear our staff was able to make your day stress free. Congratulations and we absolutely LOVE your pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Brittney 路 Married on 11/17/2018

Perfect Wedding Weekend

There are not enough words to thank Marti and her team at Sacred Mountain.
    The town of Julian holds a special place in our hearts and Sacred Mountain was the first venue we toured. The moment we arrived, we fell in love with the mountain.

We booked approximately 14 months out from our wedding date and the entire process was smooth. Our emails were always answered promptly and phone calls always answered professionally. They were also so kind to let us make a second trip for another walk through. Not once did Marti or her team make us feel like we were a burden. They were always welcoming and happy to help.

Ashley was our Event Manager and she was so sweet and easy to work with. She went through all of the final details and checklists with us and answered last minute questions. Thank you, Ashley, for all your help and for calming my nerves the week before the wedding.

The Friday of our wedding weekend, we were in direct contact with Marti who told us how excited she was to see us. We are not the only couple who has had a wedding at Sacred Mountain but we truly felt the love and excitement from Marti and her team. We felt like we had known them forever!

Marti takes a lot of pride in keeping Sacred Mountain exactly that- sacred. The grounds are naturally breathtaking on their own but Marti has added her own touches to make it that much more special. From the twinkling fairy lights in the bushes to the garden swing, no detail is overlooked. Sacred Mountain is magical.

We had thirty of our closest family members stay on site with us and they all fell in love with Sacred Mountain. We are not morning people but the magic of the mountain had us up at 6am on both mornings feeling relaxed and refreshed. The cabins are beautiful, well taken care of and stocked with almost any amenity you would need.

Daniel is another Sacred Mountain team member who helped us during our wedding weekend. We had a question about the heater, he was happy to answer. We forgot to request tables and heaters for our reception dinner, he so kindly and quickly had a gorgeous setup for us for dinner. Daniel was always so friendly and accommodating and we can鈥檛 thank him enough for all of his help.

We also had Kerry on site with us who was amazing. She played a huge role in helping our wedding day run smoothly. Kerry was also the one to drive us around the venue and got us where we needed to be. I know she did so much more behind the scenes and we are so grateful for her. Thank you for everything, Kerry!

We got married on November 17th, 2018 and still can鈥檛 get over how perfect the weekend was. If Sacred Mountain is on your list of venues, do not hesitate to book with them. We are honored to have had our wedding at the mountain and cannot recommend them enough. Thank you Marti, Ashley, Daniel, Kerry and team for making our wedding weekend perfect and for making us feel like family. We are forever grateful for all of you.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Brittney, we are so glad you and Jesse had such a wonderful experience. Your wedding was so beautiful and we are just in love with all your pictures!!! Every person we had the pleasure of speaking with was a delight. We really felt the love you were surrounded with. Thank you for the kind words, it is our pleasure to be able to provide such a unique space to those who appreciate the beauty of Sacred Mountain. We hope you can visit us again!

Carrie 路 Married on 11/09/2018

Exceeded all expectations

Wow where do I begin? From the moment we stepped foot on this property me and my husband instantly knew this is where we would get married! The property was breathtaking! Everywhere you looked was so beautiful! Amazing views everywhere! The greenery and open fields I mean really there are no words! We saw the venue once and pretty much immediately booked! The entire wedding process was so stress free I mean these people and the workers and staff know exactly what they are doing! When our wedding approached everything was perfect! Annie was so sweet and kind and such a help. The workers never got in our way and were so prompt with any issues or concerns that arised! We checked in the day before and the house was so beautiful with flowers in each of the rooms and the fire places lit! I still get goosebumps thinking about our day and our experience there. This place is stunning the photos are unreal! Speechless is the best way to describe this! For me my wedding day was the coldest day of the week and the windiest and arriving at the property took away all my anxiety and stress because nothing mattered it was that gorgeous! When you have scenery like that and views like that then no amount of bad weather can take away from it! Thank you to all the SM staff and Marti for making my day so magical! :)

Sent on 11/17/2018

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Carrie we are so happy you enjoyed staying at SM. You were champs with the Julian weather and we are proud to know you felt taken care of. It is our pleasure and we hope to see you back for an anniversary or family getaway.
  • Megan

Megan 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Rain? What Rain?

"It never rains in San Diego," the old adage says. So when we were seeing a 100% chance of precipitation on our wedding day, we got a little nervous. However, the amazing team at Sacred Mountain stepped up, helped us regroup, and made sure our wedding was gorgeous, special and DRY, despite what turned out to be a very wet weekend! Both sides of the family are already talking about renting Sacred Mountain out for a "wedding reunion" in 5 years. Cannot recommend it highly enough. 10/10 would get married there again. :)

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Megan we absolutely loved everyone that came to celebrate your wedding! You all handled the weather like champs and we are so grateful for your appreciation. We would love to have you all back for a reunion!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie 路 Married on 08/29/2018

Perfect venue for a perfect wedding!

Sacred Mountain is one of the most unique venues we could have ever imagined. We did a retreat style mid week wedding, renting the facilities from Tuesday through Thursday. This allowed our wedding party and closer family to stay on site with us - a destination wedding even though we don't live far away. Across the three different buildings we had rented everyone had plenty of space in the serene and picturesque mountain landscape.

The views from the residence is stunning with lots of natural wildlife and native trees and flowers surrounding you. The nights are so dark you can make out every constellation in the sky. The hot tubs and pools are a perfect way to end the day under the stars.

We had our wedding on their summit plateau which gives views of the rolling foothills. Perfect for our sunset ceremony - even the wild turkeys were enjoying themselves. A gorgeous rustic elegance venue that matched our vision perfectly.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

We are so glad you had a wonderful experience Stephanie! We hope to see you back with us for a family reunion or anniversary!

Anna 路 Married on 05/10/2018

Had my wedding here in May 2018 and it was the best decision I ever could have made. The property is magical, the staff goes above and beyond, and the amenities are amazing. All you need to do is tour the property to see how special this place is.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Sara 路 Married on 12/04/2017

A wonderful place!!! It felt like a fairy tale to get married there :) I highly recommened this place

Sent on 02/23/2018

Ashley 路 Married on 11/11/2017

Couldn't imagine a better place to have our special day. We also had the family stay on the property while we stayed in the barn and it was so wonderful to have everyone together for the weekend. Some of the most memorable times my family has had together.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Ashley! You and Shane had such a beautiful spirit and energy! It was such a joy to coordinate with you, Margie and Nicole throughout the planning process! Thank you for choosing Sacred Mountain as your 4 day Destination Wedding!!

Lynne 路 Married on 08/26/2017

Our wedding was beyond what I could have imagined, in large part due to the beauty & magical feeling of Sacred Mountain Julian. From the moment we entered the courtyard during our initial site visit, I was sold & it just got better and better! Not only was it a beautiful setting for a wedding, but being able to host our family on the property for the weekend took it to another level-many memories & much bonding made. We are so appreciative of Marti for opening her home so others can share in the experience of being at SMJ. Plus, her team is just awesome-shout out to Megan, Melanie & Daniel for taking care of our needs. SMJ will forever have a special place in our hearts. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Lynne! We feel so honored to have met such beautiful and creative people! We wish you and Anthony the best and hope to have him playing Flamenco Guitar on our property soon!

Maleeka 路 Married on 08/12/2017

The word I kept hearing from my guests after the wedding was "magical" and I think it was largely due to the setting -- Sacred Mountain Ranch. I can't thank Marti, Melanie, Megan, and the staff enough for being so accommodating, flexible, generous, and responsive throughout the months leading up to the wedding and on the actual day. They truly made the venue perfect. This is the wedding venue every bride dreams about!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Thank you so much Maleeka! Your design of the venue, to this day, has still not been repeated! From your Thai Ceremony in the Meadow and Reception at the Plateau, we were in awe of your creative design!! We wish you and Bridger a lifetime of wedded bliss!

Meghan 路 Married on 06/26/2017

We had our wedding at Sacred Mountain in June and it was perfect in every way! We had a small, sunset ceremony on the plateau and celebrated with our closet loved ones. Sacred Mountain provided a beautiful, intimate environment and escape from our hectic, city life. The venue is the perfect blend of rustic elegance! We loved that we even got to take photos with Marti's horse! My husband and I look forward to returning to Sacred Mountain to remind ourselves of all the memories we created at this special place. It's a little hidden gem for sure!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Meghan! Your intimate ceremony with Chris was so beautiful. We absolutely love your family photos with the horses, especially when our sweet Cosmo has whole tongue sticking out! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sacred Mountain soon!

Katelynn 路 Married on 06/24/2017

If you are looking for a getaway retreat style event Sacred Mountain is your spot. We were at the Venue from Thursday to Sunday and it was the perfect way to spend time with our people and take full advantage of the venue. Our weekend was fantastic. My husband and I were married at the end of June. We had 125 guests and it was the perfect amount. We were married on the Sunset Plateau then walked a short distance to the reception area that was filled with twinkle lights, natural greenery. We had guests who made the trip from San Diego, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona. The hardest part about the wedding was leaving the retreat! We would absolutely get married here again and again. Marti, Melanie and her team were accommodating, responsive and professional during our 6 months of planning. The weekend of Danny who lives on property was there to help remove items we didn't need and bring items we didn't know we would need. They truly want to serve and make your experience as seamless as possible. Sacred Mountain will always have a special place in our hearts. I look forward to visiting Julian and reminiscing about our magically wonderful wedding day for years to come! You will never regret booking this venue, but you might regret not getting married here! It was worth every penny.

Here are some of the other vendors we used that had no troubles coming up to Julian or were in the area.
    Photography: Shelly Anderson. Videography: Press Films. Catering: Jeremy's on the Hill. Farm Tables: Stecklair Event Co. Florals: Andy Castano. Hair and Makeup: Jessica Burgio. Bridal Makeup: Priscilla Francine Makeup. Rentals: Platinum Rentals. Bartender: Top Shelf Bartenders. Dessert: The Cravory Cookies and Extraordinary Dessert. Photobooth: Pixster Photo Booth. Day of Coordinating: Orias Event Planning. Rehearsal dinner catering: Jeremy's on the Hill.

We also rented golf carts through Ramona Golf Carts and chartered a bus from San Diego to the venue through San Diego Party Bus.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Katelynn! Your wedding with Robbie was an absolute Sacred Mountain Fairy Tale dream come true!! The beauty was endless. We still look back at your photo album in awe and recently shed tears after seeing the video. You encompass love, beauty, and grace! Thank your for celebrating at Sacred Mountain!

Kat 路 Married on 05/20/2017

Incredible venue and staff. Truly an unforgettable setting! Everyone was so impressed with the beauty of Sacred Mountain. Plus, staying in the wonderful cottages to celebrate the entire weekend with our families made it that much more special. This is THE ONLY venue you want to use in Julian for your special day : )

Sent on 02/20/2018

Jessica 路 Married on 05/06/2017

A 5 does not do this wonderful Venue Justice. There needs to be a higher option!! Everyone was kind, caring, professional and always responded same day. From the very first email it felt like we were at home. During our event, we were at ease with everything. The houses were stocked 100% with everything you could think of! Would stay at Sacred mountain again and again.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Jessica!!! Thank you so much for this review! We truly do our best to be as responsive as possible! You and Jeff were so wonderful to work with! Your mountaintop pictures are to die for!!! We wish you two the best years yet to come!

Edith 路 Married on 03/25/2017

Marti was my wedding god-mother, seriously. she was generous, kind, and super duper laid back, making me feel relaxed and happy. Sacred Mountain retreat is indeed a magical, serene, beautiful and scard place, that i feel honored to have discovered. Melaine, was beyond amazing, beyond kind, beyond sweet.....
    You're lucky if u get to have this sacred space as your venue, and even luckier to work and get to know Marti and Melanie.
    Thank you guys for making the wedding of my dreams come true.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Edith!!! Your wedding with Scott was such a delight! We loved your cultural and traditional additions to the entire event! You both were so wonderful and easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. Thank you for such a kind review! We would love to see your entire photo album!!!

Keegan 路 Married on 10/07/2016

LOVE!!!!!!

Sacred Mountain was the best venue for our day! I honestly cannot imagine choosing any other place to get married. Not only is the place gorgeous, but the staff is incredible as well. They were there to answer any and all of my questions. I worked mostly with Kerry and she was absolutely amazing! None of my phone calls or emails went unanswered and she was always so happy to help or simply give her opinion if I needed it.
    The venue also includes a lot. They set up/clean up and have so many decorations! And they have a preferred vendor list of all amazing vendors, which really helps in narrowing down the vendor search.
    Overall, Sacred Mountain was incredible! If I could do it all over again, I would still choose them!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Keegan. We are so happy you and Carter had a great experience and that Kerry was helpful. You are such a sweet & kind couple, your first look with your dad made us all CRY! Thank you again for choosing Sacred Mountain for your wedding. We hope to see you back for a family retreat or anniversary stay!

Katelyn 路 Married on 09/03/2016

We had our wedding here last year and it is literally a dream come true! The most spectatular,romantic place ever! We rented it out for the weekend and had our wedding party also join us, it was a weekend event! San Diego has endless wedding venues but none of them can compare to the experience you'll have here! Marti is amazing and very fast to respond and does so much to accomidate all of your needs. It is just a magical place and we will DEFINITELY be back for visits!!!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Katelyn!! We are still in awe of your pictures going down the canopied driveway! Your wedding was so incredibly beautiful! Thanks for celebrating with Sacred Mountain!

Nicole A. 路 Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing Venue fr a Wedding Weekend

Sacred Mountain was everything we could have ever asked for in a wedding venue. The views are stunning, the surroundings are idyllic, the houses on-site are comfortable and stocked, and Julian is the cutest little town. When we were looking for a wedding venue, we wanted to find somewhere that our families could be able to spend time together, and Sacred Mountain checked all the boxes. Our families and other guests all raved about Sacred Mountain, and we were so happy we were able to have our wedding there. Be aware that there are a lot of rules and stipulations in the contract, so make sure to read and understand it. However, we found that with a little communication and planning ahead, there were no issues at all and Sacred Mountain was a perfect venue. We definitely recommend it (and recommend staying an extra day if you can).

Sent on 10/26/2018

Nicole & Alex,
    Thank you so much for choosing Sacred Mountain as your venue! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a great stay. There is nothing like a wedding weekend in the country!

Julie 路 Married on 08/04/2018

We rented the whole mountain package so we basically had the wedding for two days. You need to have a sense of what you want so it gets laid out the way you vision. The plateauin the late afternoon was beautiful (pretty warm in August) and made for a perfect backdrop. The multi-level patio/lawn area are perfect for dinner down on the lawn and reception above. They provide quite a few things for your use. Very nice staff to work with. Our wedding was a completely DIY so we were very hands on and they were very accommodating. Because we had the whole mountain we had a small family and close friends bbq the next day at the main house that has a pool. Fun times and great memories!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Thank you for the review, Julie! We enjoyed working with you to plan Roxy and Erich's wedding. Cheers to the Kings!
  • Jasmine

Jasmine G. 路 Married on 10/11/2019

3.0

Outdoor dream

This venue is breathtaking if you love the outdoors. The owner has created so many options with different packages for clients to choose from and all of which don鈥檛 disappoint. The property has a magnificent ceremonial view over looking the valley. I鈥檓 so excited to have a fall wedding with all the natural colors! Their team is quick to respond to any questions and super friendly as well. Something I didn鈥檛 know planning a wedding is most places make you purchase wedding insurance and this particular venue requires you to hire a wedding coordinator and a dj from their list of vendors. So far I鈥檓 in love with my coordinator and cannot wait to get married here!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Sacred Mountain Julian's reply:

Jasmine we are so happy to hear you have had a splendid experience. We are looking forward to your wedding at Sacred Mountain and are happy to be available when you need us.

Jasmine 路 Married on 10/06/2017

Everything was wonderful. The team was extremely helpful and accommodating. There were a couple of surprise changes to the contract that we had to work through but it was all good. The price for the place was way over budget for us but it ended up being a great value!

Sent on 02/12/2018