Sacred Ceremonies Reviews

41 | Long Beach, CA

41 Reviews for Sacred Ceremonies

Bindi · Married on 09/29/2012

First and foremost, Priscilla is an absolute pleasure to work with! Her warmth and great energy is really what convinced us we had selected the right officiant when we started our search. Once we began the process, the amount of time and effort she spent with us in crafting our interfaith ceremony was exceptional. She was sincerely interested in learning about us as a couple and finding out what we felt was important to include (and not include) in our ceremony. Not only that, but when it came time to sit down with my parents and our Buddhist co-officiant (who helped shape the Buddhist portion of the ceremony), she was not only professional, but very patient, flexible and great at helping us come to compromises in certain portions of the ceremony. She helped blend our Buddhist and Christian traditions so well and the result was a truly beautiful, unique, touching and very personal ceremony. After the wedding was over, we received compliment after compliment on what a great ceremony it was. Even though it ran a little longer than most (roughly 50 minutes) everyone was engaged and really enjoyed each portion of it because it was so obviously created just for us.

We would, without any doubt or hesitation, recommend Pris to any and everyone who is looking for an officiant to make their wedding ceremony truly special. She was a very special part of our day and we are incredibly blessed to have found her!

Sent on 10/19/2012

My husband and I were looking for an intimate ceremony on the beach that would feel special to us and our four boys. Well, Pris did a fabulous job! She scheduled some time to speak with us and understand who we are and our story. Her first draft was right on! She always delivered within the time frame she had announced (which was very good for my blood pressure) and was very flexible with us (I was 30 minutes late to the actual ceremony!). Pris made us and our boys feel very special taht day and I heard many compliments from our guests at the end of the ceremony. Today, one of my girlfriends told me this was the most moving wedding cermony she had ever attended! Pris is warm and friendly but she is also very professional. Two days after the wedding we received pictures and best wishes as well as a print out of our ceremony in the mail.
    This was a fabulous experience! Thanks Pris! Christel

Sent on 07/12/2012
  • Ryan & Jen

Ryan J. · Married on 06/23/2012

Reverend Priscilla was AMAZING! To say that she went above & and beyond is an understatement. She spent so much time with us to create our custom ceremony and ensure it was exactly what we wanted. She was available to us for questions and conversations as we went through the process, and really had such invaluable insight and advice when we needed it. She even invited us into her home to collaborate on the design of the ceremony! We really felt like she got to know us, cared for us and invested in us.

And what a value too! She put in so much time and effort for us, creating the ceremony with us, running the Rehearsal the night before and even coming earlier in the week for a last minute walk-thru at the venue just to make sure she was on top of everything. She deserved twice the pay she asked for!

Her warmth and passion for what she does shows immensely. There's just no doubt she not only loves her job, but really feels privileged to hold such a meaningful role in somebody's Wedding Day! Our ceremony was so beautifully written and orchestrated; it was everything we always dreamed it would be -- and more! And I know it was all owed to Priscilla. We were truly blessed to have her, and any couple lucky enough to also have her as their Officiant will surely agree.

Priscilla, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
    ~Ryan and Jennifer Reilly, 6.23.12

Sent on 07/23/2012

Eric · Married on 06/10/2012

We would highly recommend Priscilla Munson to anyone looking for an officiant. She creates a customized ceremony just for you, nothing "cookie cutter". She was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with!

Mr. & Mrs. Eric W. Pahmeier

Sent on 06/22/2012

Cindy · Married on 06/04/2012

Pris goes above and beyond to ensure your day is a special one. Not to mention all of the wonderful ideas and suggestions she has.

Pris is a delight to work with!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2012

Priscilla worked with us to create a unique and beautiful ceremony. She helped make our special day even more memorable and meaningful. Many of the guests mentioned that it was "the most beautiful ceremony that they had ever seen".

Sent on 06/02/2012
  • Katharina

Katharina · Married on 04/28/2012

We absolutely loved having Pris as our officiant. She was sent straight through the ether to fit us and our ceremony 100%. She spent a lot of time getting our ceremony just right, and we feel blessed to have her sending us off into holy matrimony. She is a wonderful person.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Stacy · Married on 03/31/2012

We met Pris of Sacred Ceremonies at a time when I was very fraustrated with the wedding process. We were wasting too much time worrying about the costs of linenes and had not given any thought to the wedding ceremony itself. The moment that we met Pris, she helped pull the importance of the ceremony back into focus. She exudes such a calm, loving and peaceful energy that you cannot help but relax and forget the trivial details of the reception. Pris met with us at our wedding planner's office and we knew we liked her as a person right away. Little did we know what an amazing job she would do with te ceremony she created for us! Her process begins by sending the couple an extensive form to complete to get you thinking about your relationship with your fiancee and what about that relationship you want to include in your ceremony. Then you meet with Pris at her home for tea to discuss the form. We met with Pris for about three hours and she really got to know us as a couple. Then she took all of th at information and drafted a custom ceremony for us! It was such an amazing and personal way to prepare for our wedding day. She then exchanged several drafts of teh ceremony with us until we were completely satisfied with it. The ceremony itself went even bettwe than I had hoped. I had spent a lot of time creatinga fun wedding weekend for my wedding guests but the compliemnt that I heard most was how moving our ceremony was. I would have paid three times as much as we did for Pris' services. She was worth every penny and I feel so lucky that we got to work with her. It was truly an incredible process! Thank you again Pris!

Sent on 04/22/2012

Aaron · Married on 11/11/2011

Priscilla not only provided a top notch service with the utmost professional diligence, but she also connected with both of us on a deeply personal level. She made a point to meet with us right away to really learn about who we both are and what we want out of life and (more immediately) our wedding. This first meeting really made all the difference, and it made clear to us that Priscilla puts her heart and soul into her ceremonies. If you choose to have Pris as your wedding officiant than be ready and willing to connect in this way when she meets with you.
    After our initial meeting was over Priscilla continued by piecing together the outline for a full ceremony, she of course made sure to run it by us, and was happy to oblige any suggestions and alterations that we had. Throughout the entire process she worked very hard, making sure not to overburden us with a million questions, and yet remaining completely accessible to us at any time. The ceremony itself was amazing, and many of our guests made a point to tell us what a great officiant Priscilla was.
    Pris is the best. We are so happy to have had her at our wedding.

Sent on 03/30/2012

David · Married on 10/22/2011

We had such a great experience and a great time with Priscilla from Sacred Ceremonies. The ceremony was very personal and completely customized. Priscilla was excellent organizing people during the rehearsal, and the ceremony went absolutely perfect. Highly Recommended!!!

Amy · Married on 08/12/2011

We couldn't have asked for more in a wedding officiant. Pris was both professional yet personable, and exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 04/18/2012
  • tina

Tina · Married on 07/16/2011

My fiancee and I thought this would be a hard process to find and officiant. We
    Found priscilla and looked no further. She is an amazing person and knows what need s to be done. She is very understanding to your needs and offers alot of wonderful ideas to your service. She was professional, prompt, and a joy to be apart of our day!!

• SUNSHINE

Bobbi · Married on 06/25/2011

I WOULD DEFINATELY RECCOMEND MS. P. MUNSON SHE MADE OUR CEREMONY SOOO SPECIAL. FOR OUR FIRST MEETING SHE GAVE US THE CHOICE OF WHERE TO MEET HER AND AFTER WE CHOSE TO MEET AT HER HOUSE SHE HAD SOME ART WORK OUTSIDE ON GROUND TO WELCOME US AND SHE MADE US FEEL VERY WELCOME IN HER HOME. SHE THEN USED THE ANSWERS FROM THE MEETING OF GETTING TO KNOW US TO PERFORM OUR CEREMONY. DURING THE MEETING I WAS SO PLEASANTLY SUPRISED BECAUSE PRIOR TO THE MEETING I HAD MENTIONED THAT MY (NOW) HUSBAND WILL NOT OPEN UP TO STRANGERS...BUT TO MY SURPRISE HE WAS MENTIONING THINGS THAT HAPPEN BETWEEN US OVER 20 YEARS AGO AND I DID'NT THINK HE REMEMBERED. JUST TO SAY: THAT IS HOW SPECIAL AND WELCOMED IN HER HOME SHE MADE US. SHE ASKED US OUR COLORS FOR THE WEDDING AND THEN GAVE US THE CHOICE OF WHICH ROBE SHE SHOULD WEAR OR WHATEVER WE WANTED HER TO WEAR TO FIT IN WITH WEDDING. DURING THE PROCESS OF WRITING OUT OUR CEREMONY AND VOWS (WHICH WE CHOSE NOT TO WRITE OUR OWN) SHE ALWAYS GAVE IT TO US TO LOOK AT AND CHANGE WHAT EVER WE WANTED AND ALSO WE HAD THE FINAL SAY AFTER SHE FINISHED. AND THE CEREMONY...OMG! I AM GOING TO MAKE IT SHORT..BECAUSE I COULD GO ON & ON. PRISCILLA INVOVLED ALL OF OUR GUEST AND FAMILY INTO OUR VOWS... MY SISTER THOUGHT THAT WE HAD BEEN KNOWING PRISCILLA FOR A LONG TIME AND EVEN THOUGH SHE MADE US FEEL LIKE THAT.. WE FOUND HER ON THE INTERNET..YEAH ON LINE.. TELL ME GOD IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!! SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A WARM, SINCERE & TRUELY TALENTED OFFICIANT TO PERFORM YOUR CEREMONY LOOK NO FURTHER THAN MS.PRISCILLA MUNSON.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Alexandra · Married on 10/09/2010

Pris helped my husband and I create the most meaningful wedding. I was so happy to find a woman that was intelligent, kind, and caring, and her loving personality translated into a perfectly prepared wedding script. She worked with us closely to create that perfect balance of a ceremony that expressed our personalities, family traditions, spiritual prayers and expressions, and original vows by my husband and I. It was so easy and enjoyable to work with Pris, and something like that is a blessing when you have a lot of planning on your wedding plate, and you want everything to go just right. I highly recommend Pris for your special and unique day!

Margaret · Married on 04/27/2013

Priscilla was an amazing officiant who truly went above and beyond our expectations. The thing that really sets her apart is how much time and effort she put in to get to know us, crafting a unique ceremony with us that really reflects our relationship and the commitment we wanted to make as a couple. She spent hours on our ceremony, accepted our revisions, and incorporated our values about family and community.

In addition she was organized and professional throughout, especially during the rehearsal and on the day of the ceremony.

We received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony. If you want to customize your ceremony, I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 05/12/2013

Carissa · Married on 09/14/2013

3.5

We could not have asked for a better experience with an officiant! Neither my husband nor myself have been married before nor have we attended many weddings so we really had no idea what was needed, how a ceremony typically goes, who does what, etc. Pris made the entire process not only easy but also enjoyable. She spent as much time with us as was needed to prepare.

We are not religious and Pris never pressured this – several other officiants that I spoke with prior to finding Pris kept making religious references, which became rather frustrating.

The ceremony that she wrote was beautiful and really captured us, as a couple.

When you first speak with Pris she will most likely mention that part of her role on the big day is to provide “calm energy” and I must say that she did exactly that! The ceremony was beautiful & touching but not cheesy, nearly everyone was brought to tears.

THANK YOU Pris for making our very special day wonderful!

Sent on 10/02/2013