Sacramento Makeup Design Studio Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • Sara
    Sara M. Married on 01/07/2021

Amazing makeup artist! Nancie saved the day!

We had to postpone our wedding twice due to COVID. There was a brief window in which we set our date and I called Nancie the owner of Sacramento Makeup Studio. She was amazing! She was able to work with myself the bride and three of my bridesmaids. She wore a mask and face shield and gloves and had us all come to her amazing NEW studio in Rocklin one after the other so there was no worries. She applied airbrush makeup for me and my bridesmaids and it was flawless and lasted well into the night. We had a very small wedding and I was so happy, so very happy. If you are looking for a true professional makeup artist. I would hire Nancie for sure.
    Novena Married on 06/03/2017
    I hired these ladies to do the makeup for my wedding and a few other special things. They were incredible with their communication and artistry. I had them do Airbrush makeup and it was so well done I looked like I was heading down the red carpet at the Academy Awards! The shop is perfect and feminine with a down to earth friendly atmosphere. I was so pleased and told all my friends about them on my Instagram page! If you are seeking a truly professional makeup application and not some random mall experience I would book with these ladies. Plus the shop sells all these amazing makeup brands that you can not find anywhere else.
    Sally Married on 08/08/2015
    I am so thankful for Nancie and her new studio in Lincoln, CA. Nancie was able to get me and my 8, yes 8 bridesmaids in to her studio with only a three day advance notice when my makeup artist bailed on me! Nancie and her makeup assistants created amazing airbrush looks for all of us. The girls were telling me how they had gone to MAC many times and Nancie did a much better job than any of the MAC counters they had ever had their makeup done at. Her studio is amazing with the most adorable bridal gift items and wedding day gifts. She also teaches classes and I took her Day to Diva class and it was amazing! Thank you so much Nancie for your talents. You can consider all of us girls devoted customers of your makeup shop. I was so happy to see you carry Kryolan, Morphe and Besame. The Dolly Wink liner you used on me was amazing and lasted all day into the night.
    Bethany Married on 04/18/2015
    You know when you come across that person that just makes you feel so at ease? Well, Nancie de Ross is that person.
    Nancie provided airbrush makeup service for myself and 10 of my wedding attendees.
    Nancie made the entire experience seamless and magical. Her makeup studio is nothing short of magical. Every girls dream beauty lounge. The decor and style is so delicate and well appointed that you feel as if you are transported into a movie set. From the graceful glass chandeliers to the antique stage backdrops you just know you have arrived someplace very special indeed.
    Nancie's makeup airbrush artistry was flawless and lasted the entire day and well into the night without a single touch-up needed.
    Nancie also supplied me with a lipstick just in case any touch-ups might be needed. I did not need to use the lipstick.

The day of my wedding everyone was asking me who did my makeup and asked me for Nancie's contact information! Now that says it all! I can't wait to get the photos back!

If you are seeking a true makeup professional give Nancie a call!
    Jillian Married on 12/21/2013
    I called Nancie at the last minute as the makeup artist we hired cancelled two days before my wedding! Nancie was amazing. Totally professional and provided exceptional airbrush makeup for myself and my 5 bridesmaids. I would advise ANY bride to hire her. She went above and beyond to help me find the perfect look for my wedding and suggested a hair stylist too that also did an excellent job! Thank you Nancie.
    Rose Married on 08/03/2013
    Nancie did amazing airbrush artistry for my wedding day. She did the makeup for myself and all 12 in my bridal party! She was professional and fun to work with! Thank you Nancie.
    Kori Married on 03/30/2013
    I was fortunate to experience a pre-wedding consultation in her impeccable private studio. Before going to Nancie, I had never had professional makeup applied and I was worried that the foundation would be too heavy. I chose the air brush technique and Nancie's application was flawless. After running around all day playing games with my family in 85 degree heat, my face still looked fresh and gorgeous. I will be booking Nancie for my wedding and I highly recommend her for any occasion! Not only is she very skilled in her craft, she cares about her clients.

Sacramento Makeup Design Studio's reply:

Thank you Kori. It was a pleasure doing your makeup and I am excited for your wedding day application.
    Kristina Married on 01/10/2013
    Very professional and considerate. She has a good eye for style and what looks good on a client. She is very good about giving you the exact look you want with also making it unique.
  • I
    Isabella Married on 12/08/2012
    Nancie did incredible makeup work for myself and all 10 bridesmaids! She is so talented and fun to work with. The pre wedding consultation was very helpful as Nancie suggested a look that was vintage inspired and went great with the theme of our wedding! A+++++ service.
    Lydia Married on 11/03/2012
    Yeah Nancie!!! I am so glad that I found Nancie de Ross to do my MAC Makeup for my wedding!!! She is so talented and gave me the look I was wanting. Her studio is super professional and fancy and all my bridesmaids and myself are looking forward to the expansion of her studio when she opens her new store Blue Ribbon Apothecary in Redding this coming spring!!! I had a very large bridal party of over 10 girls and Nancie was amazing! She has a massive selection of MAC cosmetics that she uses and I would recommend Nancie to any bride! Thank you Nancie de Ross you are the BEST!
    Michelle Married on 10/20/2012
    Nancie did a wonderful job on my Wedding Makeup. She is a true professional and I recommend her 100%!
    Thanks Nancie you are the best MAC Makeup Artist ever!

Kristina Married on 09/22/2012
    Thank you Nancie!!! For making my wedding day super special!

What a wonderful and friendly person! I have never had my make up done professionally before but Nancie put me at ease and did an amazing job! She listened to me and created a unique vintage look just for me!

Highly recommend Nancie to anyone!
    Becca Married on 08/25/2012
    I was in a real spot when I called Nancie! My makeup artist cancelled on me three days before my wedding!!! I called Nancie and she was able to do the makeup for myself and my entire bridal party of 7 people! She also then had another wedding after mine and still worked with me at the last minute! Nancie brought her entire set up of MAC makeup, chairs, tables and she even had her own collapsable garbage can! I looked GREAT and radiant and everyone in my bridal party looked fantastic! Thank you Nancie so much for you wonderful work!
    Cassandra Married on 08/24/2012
    WOW!!! That is all I can say! Nancie de Ross is the BEST bridal makeup artist ever!!! I looked better than I have ever looked! Her knowledge is outstanding in her field! I wish I could post a picture to show you how amazing I looked! Thank you Nancie!!! She used TEMPTU airbrushing and MAC on me. She also used MAC false lashes that looked totally real! I would recommend Nancie for sure! Thanks Nancie you saved the day!
  • User913202 2+ years ago
    Nancie did a great job on my wedding make-up. Had some concerns from the consultation and she listened to what I had to say and did exactly what I wanted. She is amazing and my make-up lasted all day & night! My make-up was done around 2pm and lasted until 2am, not even one smudge. Nothing is as important an event as your own wedding and she made me feel beautiful! I will be using her forf all my events! :)
    Lauryn Married on 08/04/2012
    Nancie did a Day to Diva session with me. She was excellent and was very precise to get the look I was looking for. She explained how to use MAC products,as I was new to MAC. I will use her again in the future and recommend her to friends and family. Great Job Nancie!!!! Thanks a Bunch!
    Donald Married on 01/02/2009
    Thanks a lot, Nancie. You are amazing.
    Sarah Married on 05/09/2008
    Nancie is an absolute genius! I was so pleased with her work for my wedding. All the bridesmaids wanted to have her as their live-in make-up artist! She is so talented at blending color and using her gift as a make-up artist. She was on time and her rates were within our budget. Thanks Nancie you are amazing!
    K Married on 04/27/2013
    *UNPROFESSIONAL & UNRESPONSIVE & UNORGANIZED & ADDS STRESS

I won a Free Bridal Make Up trial & was excited to work with Nancie but had many logistics to arrange since I was planning a wedding from LA but the wedding would be around Redding.

Nancie was slow to respond in emails, calls & would get confused on dates/times. I didn't want to book until after the trial but she was CONSTANTLY PRESSURING me and threatened that I'd lose the date. After talking to her she seemed to understand. I also needed someone for hair & she helped to arrange a hair trial.

The trial went well & I was planning to book her but wanted a little time to evaluate. What was odd too is that she originally was coordinating the hair person and then on that day the hair person had DIFFERENT prices. I was PRESSURED to book again by both right away. It was INCREDIBLY STRESSFUL knowing I was there for the weekend only and I had to drive all around town to put deposits in different places (no mail was acceptable). There was NO OFFICIAL CONTRACT just a receipt by Nancie but I did book the wedding with Nancie... or so I thought.

There were a number of UNPROFESSIONAL INCIDENTS:

It makes sense to take photos during makeup trial for future reference, but you need a photo release for likeness & marketing use. I was surprised to see my photos posted online. I've asked her to take them down but they are still up.

Secondly, Nancie cancelled a month before the date which adds SO MUCH STRESS. We had flown from LA to Redding to do the trial. She just left a voice mail. Not only that but she was going only give me my deposit back MINUS the trial, she had FORGOTTEN that I had won a free trial

What upsets me more is that I don't know if she LIED about her "last minute" trip out of the country. I know plans may change but I see her site now that she was looking for bookings on our wedding date! I would NEVER recommend Nancie if you're looking for someone who won't add stress to your planning.

Sacramento Makeup Design Studio's reply:

This is an erroneous review from a PAID fake "bride" set-up by one of my competitors.