S Photography Reviews

S Photography 5
S Photography 6
S Photography 7

Erika Binek · Married on 06/22/2019

Not your typical photographer. Wedding planner/go to person for any questions and friend!

We loved our intimate wedding at Cape Kiwanda - though it went by way too fast! Sam had some great location advice and since she was guiding us through the day, we were able to let go of the reins and not worry about making decisions ourselves. She also helped us with the timeline of the day and it turned out her suggestion that we needed even more time than we thought was spot on. It enabled us to capture everything that was most important to us. Our wedding day and ceremony was simple and sweet - just what we wanted.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Martyka · Married on 06/17/2019

Hire s photography

Our day went by in a blur and we were glad to have Sam capture all the memories we may have missed or forgotten. She made things super easy so we were able to focus on what was more important, which was experiencing the day together and enjoying ourselves. Sam was also quick to empower us to do whatever we wanted - whether that was going to a diner in our wedding attire, or getting matching wedding band tattoos! Our day was everything we could have wanted and we felt like Sam was just a friend that was helping guide us through it.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby · Married on 05/30/2019

Fantastic. Amazing. Best choice ever.

I did wedding photography for about 5 years in college, which was long enough to figure out that it is demanding, difficult, and stressful. I also gained enough experience to become very picky in how wedding pictures look. How good the images are, how cliche the poses. It’s amazing how much bad photography exists. I spent ten years in a photo lab printing bad pictures and knew I didn’t want that for myself.

So, when I knew I was getting married, my absolute #1 priority was to find a good photographer. I even told my fiancé, now husband, that I’d spend more on the photographer than anything else. Because I have very high standards. Even the prospect of finding the right photographer felt overwhelming at first.

From our first conversation, I was impressed with Sam’s knowledge, professionalism, and talent. And besides her portfolio, she’s also just a really kind, wonderful person. She helped me with deciding on wardrobe questions and finalizing a location. She had local experience that was invaluable. She gave me timelines and questionnaires to help make sure we had all our important content covered.

The day of the wedding, she was instrumental in coordinating everything. She made me feel comfortable and beautiful. I’m pretty awkward in front of a camera and very self conscious. She made me laugh genuinely. She spoke with all my vendors and helped make everything perfect and special. She even got us surprise gifts that made the day incredibly memorable!

And finally, the pictures were everything I ever thought they could be. Everyone who has seen them has commented on how beautiful they are. The composition and exposure are beautiful and she was able to capture pure, decisive moments that went by in an instant.

I really can’t say enough about her. I’d recommend her to anyone who asked. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 06/17/2019
    S Photography 8
    S Photography 9
    S Photography 10

Chloe Norton · Married on 03/13/2019

Beyond Our Wildest Dreams

We absolutely loved our experience in the Redwoods with Sam. Nothing was rushed and it was perfectly 'us'. Sam caught on quickly to how we interacted and worked together to help create an amazing experience on our elopement day (particularly the local bar we went to afterward!). Dylan was worried about feeling awkward on the day, but he ended up having a blast! Sam was super communicative and made the entire process easy. She took so much stress of our shoulders, and we loved her fun personality. Our elopement experience totally exceeded our expectations! We feel like we've gained a friend who we can visit and spend time outdoors together.

Sent on 04/02/2019
    S Photography 15
    S Photography 16
  • Noelle

Noelle Myers · Married on 09/30/2018

Sam was everything and more.

We were just overwhelmed with Sam's help in finding essentially our wedding location. She planned out several different places for our actual portraits. I knew from the moment we met in crater lake for our engagement photos that she was gonna HAVE to be the one who captures our wedding day. She’s everything rolled into ONE. One of the things I loved most was how she curated a timeline for the day of. She sent it for us to review a week or 2 before the wedding so that we could go into with with eased minds. I can’t thank her enough for capturing what we were picturing in our heads, so well. I love that we have the option to download our entire gallery because we are digital people and I just think that’s a little added bonus. Not only did Sam capture our wedding day but she became a friend, who I will refer just about any and everyone to now. Thanks Sam!!!"

Leah Gully · Married on 08/26/2018

S Photography Helped with the Perfect Day

We'd have had an awesome wedding day in any way we that did it but, with Sam helping out, it was perfect.

Sam did more than I ever imagined a photographer would. We gave her a big, empty circle (elopement in Glacier National park) and she helped work out all of the details. From information on locations, to links for permits, to scouting the area days before, she removed any piece that could have seemed overwhelming.

On top of all of that, she’s a fantastic photographer and a phenomenal person. Our wedding day was a group of friends, trudging through the woods (hot tea in hand, thanks to her and her husband), laughing, talking, and getting pictures along the way. The photographs beautifully represent every moment of the day; her style will always amaze me.

The day was still totally about us and we were able to spend it doing what we love. We were lucky to have Sam with us.

Kendal · Married on 08/15/2018

When we first came up with the idea to elope to Glacier National Park we talked to about 17 different photographers and weren't really sure what we wanted...until we talked to Sam. As soon as I spoke to her on the phone we connected and I knew there was no one else I would rather have in my corner to pull off the magical adventurous wedding I had in mind! Sam was super communicative, crazy knowledgeable, and just so much fun to work with! You can obviously see from her portfolio that her photos are incredible keepsakes, but what I wasn't expecting was what a sweet and fun experience she crafted for us with the combination of her effervescent personality and wilderness guile! In hindsight, I can't imagine anyone else standing by our side (or climbing a rocky waterfall with us as it were). Do yourself a solid and cancel your wedding, hire Sam, and run away and marry your sweetie like you really want to!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    S Photography 17
    S Photography 18
    S Photography 19

S Photography's reply:

Kendal, I had the most amazing time with you and Mike and I'm so glad that I could help make your day as special and amazing as possible. I can't wait until we meet up again because y'all are an absolute blast to hang out with!

Kendal Schanz · Married on 08/15/2018

Best day ever

Rebecca · Married on 07/29/2018

Genuine and creative!

Sam was so awesome! She captured exactly what we wanted for our big day and was always professional. We love her!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Hope · Married on 03/25/2018

Sam exceeded our expectations as a photographer! My fiancé and I are spontaneous, love nature and wanted more than the typical engagement shoot. We knew we did not want the cliché, posed shots that we see so often. We also had never had any professional photos done and were a little uncertain what to expect. Sam instantly made us comfortable about being in front of a camera. She captured us at our finest, weirdest and silliest (which is totally us!). We had a blast joking around with Sam and immediately realized we adored her and needed more Sam in our lives! We also had the greatest time together as a couple! We laughed and joked and got to run around the Redwoods, what better way to spend the day?! Sam picked the incredible spot as well, which took the stress off of me since I was across the country at the time of planning it. She kept in touch and still does, was great at communication; via email, phone and in person. I could not ask for any other images that actually tell our story and capture who we are as a couple. Plus, we got a nice wine tasting afterward!!! We highly recommend her if you want beautiful, personal and truly unique images. We already want more!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Anna · Married on 07/07/2017

Sam took our engagement and wedding photos and they are more beautiful than I could possibly have imagined. She captured so much more than images, she captured moments that we can always treasure. Having our picture taken is usually an uncomfortable experience for both me and my husband, but she so easily helped us forget the camera, allowing us to be ourselves. She is fun, engaging, imaginative, and incredibly talented, and I am so thankful to have met her on both professional and personal levels. If you're looking for stunning and unique images, Sam is your gal.

Sent on 07/14/2017

KatieRose · Married on 08/22/2015

Samanthas did a wonderful job for our wedding! She was very personable and made sure to get everyone into the pictures. She was just awesome!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Crystal · Married on 05/16/2015

Samantha is very professional, has a wonderful personality, and is so willing to work with your ideas and a large crowd! She did our Engagement Photos, and our Wedding Photos, she was a wonderful addition to our Big Day! We will continue to use S Photography for any of our photo shoots, and highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/17/2017