231 Reviews for Ryan Smith, DJ

Sound/PA System (8)
Liability Insurance (3)
One Event Per Day (3)
231 Ryan Smith, DJ Reviews

Ryan was great throughout the entire wedding process! He was easy to get in touch with and very responsive. We were so happy with our decision to hire Ryan as our DJ. He seriously had the dance floor packed the entire night and we had so many compliments from guests on his music selections.

Profile Picture Lance, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was great! Very professional and he did an excellent job.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was a wonderful DJ! He was always prompt and had great suggestions. Being the first wedding we've ever planned (as I'm sure it is for most people!), Ryan was able to help guide us through the process, get a feel for what we wanted the experience to be, and then give great suggestions. He also knew the right questions to ask to help the process go seamlessly. Choosing Ryan for our DJ was an excellent choice and made our wedding an awesome experience!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was great to work with! He was able to help with our ceremony music so that we didn't need to worry about it, as well as keep the party going at the reception. I'd highly recommend working with him!

Profile Picture Kati, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan was so easy to work with and did such an amazing job at our ceremony and reception. He took our ideas and ran with them to make playlists to perfectly captured the feel we wanted.
He was also extremely flexible and helped ensure that we didn't miss any of our special evening songs.
There was never a lull or downtime when it came to the music for the evening. Everyone was dancing and having a great time.
Thank you so much Ryan!!

Profile Picture Erika, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Wedding DJs are often overlooked or seen as a vendor you can cut costs with. I couldn't disagree more - I've been to weddings with not so great DJs, and it really changes the vibe! Thankfully, we booked Ryan - and couldn't recommend him more, he was so great! We kept everything on track, had a nice setup, arrived on time, had backup music in case our string quartet didn't show up (just as a precaution), was so professional and accommodating, and was just really a joy to have around. He really made it easy on us, and we are so happy we booked him.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan was great to work with and played exactly what we wanted to hear!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding planner recommended Ryan to DJ at our wedding. From the moment I contacted him, I knew that he was fit for the job. He was very professional and wanted to ensure that the music was exactly how we wanted it. He was the perfect guide to help us pick out songs. He was so kind to make sure that the music for the ceremony was taken care of as well. We had a live musician perform during the wedding ceremony, and Ryan made us feel secure by having our songs backed up and ready to play. Without reservation, I would highly recommend Ryan to DJ any wedding!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was a wonderful DJ! He was communicative and responsive from the very first time we reached out to meet with him. What we really liked about Ryan is that we felt that our wedding was important to him, and that he invested a lot of time and energy into making our wedding music everything we wanted. We liked being able me meet and speak with him personally, and not feel that we were one of many in a business. We sent him a list of songs to include some in our set if he could - and he played pretty much all of them! He really understood our style and put together a whole night of music that was exactly what we wanted and our guests loved too. He was organized, thorough, and made sure he had the versions of every song we wanted for specific things (first dance, father-daughter dance, cake cutting, etc.). We would recommend him to anyone and choose him again!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan was great! He was so chill and laid back, yet it was evident that he was completely on top of everything! He did a great job and our dance floor was never empty. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan did a wonderful job as DJ at our wedding. He read the crowd and mixed songs very well and also played all the songs we requested! He is also extremely easy to work with, timely, and prompt. Would highly recommend! Thanks Ryan!

Profile Picture Simone, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan Smith was an amazing DJ! He was responsive and timely in all communication and really eased our mind going into our wedding day. Not to mention we still get compliments of how amazing Ryan was and how people were on the dance floor ALL NIGHT!! There was never a lag period with no one dancing!! He was great and highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was amazing to work with. I had emailed him over a holiday weekend not expecting a response back on pricing until Monday morning, but he surprised me and responded back almost immediately. He is very organized , professional and kind AND extremely knowledgeable in the field of music. My husband and I had a great time not only in meeting and speaking with him prior to the wedding but he was fantastic the day of the wedding. Ryan did the music for the ceremony and the reception and even provided a mic for our pastor. Being an overly organized bride, Ryan made it easy and comfortable the day of the wedding. I literally didn't have to worry about a thing! (Or wear a watch.) The music was great, the lights were fun (the kids loved them) and overall everyone had a blast. Thank you Ryan for a fabulous wedding! Highly recommend!!!

Crystal K.

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

It was a pleasure working with Ryan. Leading up to our wedding day, he was always available and very organized. He provided great feedback based on his experience of what would work well with the music. Ryan did a great job with the music and dj'ing our wedding. Big 'thank you' for making our special day so awesome!

Profile Picture Katie, 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan did an awesome job as the DJ of our wedding. His method of playing music with a similar beat from different generations was genius. It kept all guests of all ages on the dance floor the whole night. We gave him basic music likes and dislikes and he was able to put together the perfect playlist for us. Ryan was also flexible, easy going and extremely easy to work with. I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Ryan. He did an awesome job and really helped make our day perfect.

Profile Picture Rylie, 12/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan was great to work with. He was very flexible and responsive in the planning process and made everything very easy. He did a great job of keeping our wedding day on schedule and made everything run smoothly.

Profile Picture Jill, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan did a wonderful job with our Wedding. He was very respectful of what we wanted and probed with great questions to help us along the way. I am most thankful that he kept me personally on track with the night and let me know when it was appropriate to cut the cake to keep everyone occupied while I kept making the rounds. Thanks again Ryan!!!

Profile Picture Tyler, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was a wonderful dj. His orchestration of the reception went so smoothly between toasts, dinner, cake and the dancing. I especially appreciated that he was incredibly patient with me, the bride who had a very particular vision of the songs to be played. My wife and I had an amazing wedding and since the music and dancing at the reception was one of our top priorities, we were thrilled with how it unfolded!

Profile Picture April, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with Ryan and he was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He accommodated all of our requests and needs and was easy to communicate with throughout the wedding planning process. He took the time to get to know us and what kind of music we like. He not only played the songs we wanted to hear but also built a cocktail hour and dinner playlist based on our music taste and mood for the wedding. Two of our wedding guests have already booked him for their wedding after having such a good time. I highly recommend hiring Ryan for your wedding!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 10/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan did an awesome job. He kept the dance floor full all night. He played every single song we requested by name. We trusted him to make most of the song choices, though, because he knows what really works. He discussed the type of mood we wanted for each part of the night and then delivered. We asked him for some unusual things (the bride and her father were secretly planning to sing instead of dance, the groom was secretly planning to serenade the bride, we wanted him to distribute glow sticks late in the reception, etc) and each time we was 100% accommodating. He supplied the extra mics and boom stand. He met with us as a couple to discuss our plans and desires and met with the bride and groom on several occasions in person to prepare for the surprises. He also graciously kept our secrets from each other. He was the epitome of responsive and professional. For the product he delivered, we really feel he was a bargain. Thank you, Ryan, for helping us have the night and the party we had envisioned!

Profile Picture Jess, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Ryan was amazing. I have some strange tastes in music, but Ryan was able to take my playlist and adjust as needed to make everybody happy and kept the party going.

We experienced a microburst 10 minutes before I was to walk down the aisle, and Ryan was able to work effectively with my officiant to adjust the timeline to accommodate moving the cocktail hour before the ceremony. He worked throughout the evening with my other vendors to keep things moving.

I could not have been more pleased. He was nimble in adjusting our plans due to unforeseeable conditions on the ground the day of, and thoroughly professional.

My highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Ryan was the easiest part of our wedding process! He is very professional and responds in a timely manner. He helped my husband and I pick out the perfect songs for our ceremony and reception. If there was a song that I wanted to hear, Ryan would send me exactly what I needed. My husband and I have completely different tastes in music, so we had to find a balance of all genres. This also pleased our guests and kept the dance floor full all night. Thank you, Ryan, for making our wedding one of the most memorable nights of our lives!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan Smith is amazing! No question about it! We wanted a DJ to keep the party going. We've been to weddings in the past where the DJs were terrible, so picking a worthy DJ was highly important to us! Ryan was a preferred DJ at our venue, but after reading all of his reviews since 2007, we noticed a common theme (i.e. he's amazing). Ryan was extremely helpful during the wedding reception. He worked very well with our vendors and guests. He catered to us! He played every song that we wanted and more. He gave us sound bits before the wedding to make sure it was the exact song we wanted. This is Ryan's full-time job and has been for the last 15 years. To me, that says he's the best DJ in town!

Profile Picture Gina, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Ryan was a great DJ, not only during the event but also in the time running up to the event. He was helpful, very responsive, well organized and able to forsee issues with our day-of timeline. He helped me choose a last-minute song for the father-daughter dance, and kept the evening running smoothly, with no mistakes. We are so happy we chose Ryan as our wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Jenn, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Recommended to all! Ryan was quick to respond to emails and calls, and his DJ service is top notch. Great to work with.

Profile Picture Mark, 2/6/16, 1 Review