Ryan Bumgarner Photography Reviews

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 5
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Price · Married on 10/24/2019

Best Experience and Photographer

Ryan was AMAZING!!! My husband and I did a nice ceremony on the parkway with just family. Ryan was very responsive throughout the entire process. Gave us great options for places to go and was very reasonable in his pricing. The day of the ceremony he was prompt, took his time, and you could really tell how much he loved what he was doing. We are forever grateful that he captured our most important day.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Claire

Claire Evans · Married on 10/19/2019

Ryan is truly AWESOME!

We found Ryan on the internet and after speaking to him for 5 minutes it was like talking to a friend! We had a destination wedding outside of Ashville so the first time I met Ryan was standing in a bridal gown with my hair half in curls and slippers. He is such a gem, never flusters, so easy to work with and has this calming (great for brides) fun character. I had my 14-year-old stepdaughter as my Maid Of Honor and in no time he had her swirling and giggling for the photo’s as we were getting ready!
    At the last minute we had a change of plans as it began to rain. Ryan scanned the house we were staying in (which was beautiful) and picked out some great spaces for photos. I never missed the fact that we weren’t outside, he was so creative and took some wonderful unique pics. At the reception Ryan was everywhere capturing the moments, laughing with the guests and never missed a thing!
    I absolutely love my wedding pictures; they capture the essence of what my husband and I felt that night. A wonderful celebration with great families and friends!
    I would highly recommend Ryan, you get way more than a photographer, he is truly awesome!

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 6
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 7
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 8
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 9
    Sent on 11/17/2019

JENNY · Married on 10/12/2019

Ryan is an amazing photographer with a great eye - all of our wedding photos are gorgeous and really captured the feel of the day! Equally as important, he has such a warm and laidback personality. We had a blast with him on the dance floor! I'm normally pretty awkward in front of a camera, but he helped me feel at ease and let my guard down. He was directive enough to wrangle my bridal party for group photos when needed, but unobtrusive enough to capture some great candids. The value and experience he offers in comparison to other vendors in the area is unbeatable. I highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding photographer - I promise, you will not regret it! Thanks again for everything, Ryan!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Mimi Johnson · Married on 10/12/2019

Easy to work with and great pictures

Picked Ryan by reviews and the pictures on his website. We got lucky as not only was his work excellent, but he has a great easy going personality and fair price. Everybody liked him!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Ryan Bumgarner Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Mimi!!! :-) What a fun gathering! Celebrating love is the best! I am so glad that the weather was our friend and we got to be beside that beautiful mountain stream! What a blessing!

Taylor · Married on 05/18/2019

Ryan is Awesome!!

We did both our engagement and wedding photos with Ryan. He is awesome! He is very calm and easy going and lets you just do your thing. I barely even noticed he was snapping shots all night but he definitely was! I really appreciated him getting as many shots as he did of the guests. He was SO quick to get the photos back to us which was very exciting. I would definitely recommend Ryan! Thanks again!!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Ryan Bumgarner Photography's reply:

Thank you Taylor for your kind words! Your wedding was simply amazing and I really loved working with you and Josh! Hope the honeymoon was fabulous!!!

Ashley Riggio · Married on 04/19/2019

Gorgeous work!

Ryan is an amazing photographer, he is both professional and fun! His pictures are gorgeous and he really knows how to capture the best moments! And very efficient in getting the picture done soon after !

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 10
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 11
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 12
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 13
    Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Mazza

Mazza Brooks · Married on 11/29/2018

Excellent!!! High Recommend

Ryan did a fabulous job. He was very cool and calm and made the experience very relaxing and fun! He knew all the best locations and his photos turned out better than expected.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Beverly · Married on 10/27/2018

Easy-going and amazing talent

Ryan was the best! So easy to work with! I changed my wedding day plan (aka added a ceremony) sort of last minute and he was completely cool with it.

And his photos are beautiful! He captured everything about the wedding I wanted. He took photos throughout the event and they were all so great! He knew where good photos would be and made sure we took some there and I am so glad he did. Seriously, there is not one photo I do not like. Hire him if you want an easy to work with and amazing quality wedding photos!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Incredible Photos to Capture a Perfect Day!

Ryan was recommended to us by our venue owners and we could not have been more thankful that he was!
    Before the wedding, Ryan walked us through the wedding photography process, he communicated extensively with us and answered all of the questions we had. His packages are affordable and well worth every penny spent! We very much enjoyed working with him- he made us excited for our wedding! And the photos are absolutely perfect. Clean, beautiful, professionally shot- we’ve been looking over them almost every day now!

As far as the wedding went, Ryan is an EXCELLENT photographer and his second shooter was as too! The team got all the shots we could have wanted with friends and family (scripted shots, so to speak) and the best candid shots we have ever seen during the reception. They blend into the party! They danced with us and got wonderful pictures on the dance floor- the kind of pictures that are sure to spark memories and smiles for years to come! Ryan’s HAND-BUILT photo-booth was top notch too! He replenishes his prop supply after every Halloween and boy did he have some good ones for us to use! While guests got their pictures printed (like a classic photobooth), we got all of the digital copies that night!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Nektaria · Married on 09/16/2018

Ryan was one of our favorite vendors for our wedding! With my fiancé living in Illinois & I live in Florida, I thought it might be a challenge to plan everything. Ryan saw my vision & made it come to fruition. He was very professional & very easy to talk to. All of our guests raved about how personable Ryan was throughout the night of our wedding. We had several children as guests & Ryan just rolled with it. He captured all the little moments of our guests that I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. Not only did we receive our photos in less than a week, but we loved every single shot that Ryan took. Thank you Ryan!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2018

Ryan did the photography for our wedding, and he was absolutely wonderful to work with! He was relaxed, kind, and professional, and made the photography process for our special day easy and stress-free! With everything else going on, we really appreciated his flexibility and calm, easy-going demeanor. We got our photos back from him so fast, and we love every one! He really captured the essence of our friends, family, and the wonderful time everyone was having! We also loved the photo booth he provided. All of our guests had a great time, and we have a lot of fun, amazing pictures to treasure! Would HIGHLY recommend him! Thank you Ryan for everything!!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Cheryl · Married on 08/19/2018

Professional and very talented

Everyone enjoyed Ryan! He was so personable but never intrusive. His photos were awesome. Thank you for capturing so many great moments!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Our family could not have asked for a better photographer to meet our needs and execute the bride's vision at Grove Park Inn in June. When we first met with him in February, the bride communicated that she wanted to be very "present" at her wedding and not taken away from experiencing the special day with tons of photographs before the wedding; she actually decided to not do a "first look" so as to keep the day more relaxed and to let Ryan capture the groom and her authentically in the moment at the ceremony.
    Ryan reassured Laura that he was totally flexible and he valued and understood her more laid-back approach to capturing the big day.
    Ryan and his assistant were a pleasure to work with and did their job so seamlessly! Their calm helped keep the couple of hours leading up to the ceremony anxiety-free and fun. And during the ceremony and reception at the Pavilion, they executed the bride's vision for photographs with ease and joy.
    The pictures are amazing and capture exactly what Laura wanted captured: an intimate CELEBRATION of love with family and closest friends. We would recommend Ryan to anyone and especially respected how he made the bride's vision his priority. Ryan is so great at what he does!
    Thank you, thank you, Ryan!
    The Cole Family

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 14
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 15
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 16
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 17
    Sent on 07/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2018

Ryan was an incredible photographer. By the end of the wedding, he felt like family. He captured beautiful photos that were a mix of posed and natural. He exceeded our expectations and made us feel so comfortable.

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 18
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 19
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 20
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 21
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 22
    Sent on 05/08/2018
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 04/06/2018

Ryan was so wonderful to work with ! He was prompt and highly professional. His personality is easygoing. He was on his game constantly. Ryan was able to create some really nice shots with the beautiful scenery and his expertise . My husband and I were extremely pleased with Ryan. We are very glad that we hired him to photograph our wedding. He made our day stress free and even more special than it already was. I highly recommend Ryan for any event you might need him to take pictures for. [Susan and Felix, married at The Terraces Hotel, Lake Junaluska, Friday, April 6, 2018]

Sent on 04/08/2018

Mary · Married on 11/26/2017

Ryan Bumgarner was an amazing photographer. He photos were absolutely beautiful, and he went above and beyond in his service. He was wonderful to work with, and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/15/2018

Aline · Married on 11/18/2017

Ryan, and his second photographer Sarah, did the photos for our November 18, 2017 wedding in Asheville. They were both so amazing to work with, and not only did a great job capturing our day but helped us manage our families, which included many young children and a dog. We received our pictures back in just about a month and are in love with them. Thank you so much! We could not recommend Ryan more highly.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Lori · Married on 10/05/2017

We were so fortunate to have Ryan Bumgarner recommended for our Asheville vow renewal! It was a pleasure having him be part of our special day! From point of contact, contract, event and receipt of pictures we were thoroughly impressed with Ryan’s professionalism. We were even more impressed with how he worked with us to get the best pictures. He was very relaxed and personable, which helped us relax. You’d think after 25 years, we’d be used to having pictures taken, but we are not. Something about knowing that camera is pointing at you. Thank you so much Ryan for the extra effort so we could enjoy the experience! We have beautiful pictures that we will treasure forever!

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 23
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 24
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 25
    Sent on 10/31/2017

Allison · Married on 03/28/2017

Ryan was so amazing to work with! We used him as our photographer and also did the Photobox through him as well! Everything was a hit! He was so easy going and easy to work with and captured all our most cherished moments. I would highly recommend him as well as NC Photobox (photobooth). Our guests had a blast using it!!!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Chelsea · Married on 02/11/2017

We chose Ryan as our photographer once we met him he just clicked with our personalities and made us feel comfortable. Our engagement photos were fun and showed off our relationship and I love each of them. Our wedding pictures on the other hand are phenomenal. They're perfect. He captured every moment and made the whole wedding that much more fun! His down to earth personality makes our pictures real and honest to us. If I could give more stars I would!

Sent on 02/18/2017

Ryan Bumgarner Photography's reply:

:-) You guys were so awesome to work with!!! Thank you for your kind words!

Cassady · Married on 07/30/2016

I am so happy that I stumbled upon Ryan to be our photographer! Not only were his photos absolutely stunning, we barely noticed him taking them! He was great in directing all of us around the light and our venue which was a huge help when we were all feeling too scattered and excited. He also got our photos back to us so quickly. I've heard of other photographers taking several weeks. Ryan is such a pro and delivered breathtaking photos without it taking up our whole night. Our favorite part though was all the action shots he got on the dance floor! He really captured the energy of our wedding. I can't stop looking through all of them!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Anna Lewis · Married on 12/04/2015

Fantastic!

We planned our wedding in a week and Ryan was able to be part of our intimate wedding celebration. He was seamlessly both a guest and professional and provided an amazing portfolio of our event. I have recommended him many times!

Ryan Bumgarner Photography 26
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 27
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 28
    Ryan Bumgarner Photography 29
    Sent on 01/22/2019

Alison · Married on 10/18/2014

Ryan was AMAZING! He was so easy to work with and a blast to be around. He fit in very well at the wedding with my family and friends. I got comments from many of the guests about how great he was! You won't find a better photographer to work with in this area!

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • W

Barbi · Married on 05/26/2009

Ryan is amazing! Really, I could end the review with this, as I can't think of a better way to describe him, but let me go on.

Ryan shot both our engagement and wedding photos. He was early for both sessions; casual but professional. During the wedding, he directed us for the posed shots and was very unobtrusive during candid moments.

He had the images available online within a week. I ordered a gallery wrap 11x14 of one of our engagement images. Very quick arrival. I have yet to order wedding prints but I expect that they will come just as quickly.

His work is truly worth the cost; almost a steal for the beautiful images he produces.

I have already raved to everyone I know about his work and will contact him again with future photography needs. I could not possibly choose anyone else, as Ryan has completely wowwed me.

(My approximate pricing quote includes a number of prints but no album, we were quite budgeted. We will order these things post contract price.)

Sent on 06/08/2009
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/17/2018

We used Ryan through NC Photo Box for a photo booth at our wedding. Everyone loved it, and had so much fun!

Sent on 03/25/2018