Ruthe Jackson Center Reviews

49 Reviews for Ruthe Jackson Center

• Reena

Reena Thomas · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Simply amazing!

We had a wonderful experience at the Ruthe Jackson Center for our engagement ceremony. I would highly recommend this venue for any event. Karr Stewart and her staff were simply amazing! Karr was easy to work with throughout our planning process and always available to answer any questions I had before and at the event. Our guests at our engagement ceremony were amazed at the quality of the food, the excellent service of the staff, and the ambiance of the venue itself. Our photographer and videographer were raving about the garden which was perfect for photos! I’m so glad that we were able to have our engagement ceremony at RJC!!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • I

Italya · Getting married on 10/20/2019

Superb and Top Notched

Lovely experience speaking with Cheryl very informative and polite and answered all our questions...hopefully we go with this venue...

Sent on 12/07/2018

Ruthe Jackson Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words....we love weddings and want your day to be magical.....a day you will remember forever!

Keshunna Driver · Married on 09/25/2019

Bride and groom

They went above and beyond to make sure our big day was amazing!! They care for their clients and put your needs above all else!! You can’t go wrong with them!!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Ashlee · Married on 11/09/2018

Such an amazing experience all around!

Our guests are still raving how fun and beautiful our Wedding was! Not only is the venue gorgeous, the service, staff and food were phenomenal. The Ceremony and Reception area are all in one facility as well! Cheryl knows her stuff and was great help throughout the planning of our BEST DAY EVER! We're going to miss you, Cheryl! Thank you RJC!

Mr. and Mrs. Brian Reilly
    Wedding- November 9, 2018

Sent on 11/14/2018

Ruthe Jackson Center's reply:

You are so kind! Absolutely loved working with you for the last 15 months...
    Love, hugs and blessing to you both!

erika · Married on 11/11/2017

everything I wanted and more! Cheryl and her staff were beyond amazing, they were so attentive with everything. They did great, everything came together. Absolutely nothing went wrong, we were on schedule. I recommend this for any special occasion, in particular weddings. All my guest said the food was great and that everything was beautiful . I can honestly say this day was everything I wanted and more all thanks to Cheryl and her team.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Edwena · Married on 11/05/2016

I truly believe my wedding day was even more amazing because of my venue The Ruthe Jackson Center and the grand staff of professionals that assisted with planning as well as the day of the event. Mrs Cheryl is amazing and was not able to be there the day of but I truly do not think I even noticed because everyone else on staff assisted and had everything in place. From the set up, beautiful Fall outdoor ceremony to the reception it was nothing but truly a party and event to remember, a family affair, Thank you all for being there for me, my husband, our family and friends, we truly appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. I pray that I can be a guest at another grand event at the Ruthe Jackson Center and enjoy another great event!
    From the initial planning stages, payment of venue and needs, staff, rehearsal, day of and days after, this staff is truly great to work with and as a wedding coordinator myself it was hard to let go and allow them to do their work but I must say I am so glad that I did, it was truly a day to remember and celebration of love, family and fun! This is indeed a great choice of venue to supply all your wedding day needs!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Valerie · Married on 09/09/2016

We fell in love with this venue! The outdoor garden was beautiful and the ballrooms were gorgeous! Cheryl was very professional and so sweet, made it so easy to work with her and always open to our budget and decisions. She was very flexible and we were extremely pleased to work with her! Our wedding was absolutely everything we imagined! Just beautiful!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • F

Felray · Married on 05/01/2016

Cheryl Allgood and her team are amazing! She made sure my wife and I had nothing to worry about on our special day. Everything flowed great and was on point. If you are getting married in the DFW area... I would truly recommend picking the Ruthe Jackson Center, because you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Sonya · Married on 04/02/2016

We got married here April 2, 2016 and Cheryl Allgood was an awesome & friendly event planner to work with. She is very professional, articulate and always responded to my emails quickly. The venue is beautiful and my husband and I just loved the garden area. That's what drew us to pick RJC for our wedding as well as the large cocktail and ballroom area. The food is delicious as well which is hard to find with wedding venues. All of our guests were happy with the food, decor, ambiance, friendliness of RJC staff, etc. If you're looking for a venue to host your wedding then definitely book here with RJC.

Sent on 04/11/2016

jesslyn · Married on 07/17/2015

I am absolutely thankful that I picked this place to have my ceremony and reception. It's such a nice and beautiful place. My ceremony was held outdoors in the garden and the reception was held inside.

The food was amazing! All of my guests raved about the food and drinks. The staff members were very timely and prompt.

I have to give a special thanks to Cheryl Allgood. She was amazing from beginning to end. I appreciate her creating a timeline and making sure we stick to that. She is extremely organized and prompt. She insured that the wedding ran smoothly from start to finish. I can't thank her enough!

I would highly recommend this venue!

Wedding Date: 7/17/15

Sent on 07/20/2015

Having my wedding and reception at the same place was a really big deal to me, let alone have an outside wedding. The day of my wedding, it rained cats and dogs but at the time of my wedding all the rain stopped and God worked his magic. Everything turned out beautiful, and I am so happy I picked the Ruthe Jackson Center to have my once in a lifetime wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Sheila · Married on 03/14/2015

The Ruthe Jackson Center was the perfect location for my daughter's wedding. Cheryl Allgood coordinated the support of our vendors making the day of the event all about the happy couple. The floorplan, size, decor, available parking and location in metroplex made it our number one choice.

Sent on 03/27/2015

Catherine · Married on 09/12/2014

The RJC was only the third wedding venue that we looked at, but I knew the moment I saw the garden outside that I wouldn't want to get married anywhere else. Having Cheryl as the coordinator was just the perfect cherry on top! Cheryl was absolutely incredible to work with. She responded to emails quickly, was always available to answer questions and even recommended ideas that she thought I would like. She made the process of planning the wedding so much easier! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. The food options are incredible (we chose barbecue and are still getting compliments on how good it was) and there are so many options to make the venue work for every person with every type of budget. I highly recommend the RJC!!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Denise · Married on 08/31/2014

I had a small wedding and they treated like they would have treated a persons spending much more than I did.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Joedy · Married on 08/30/2014

This place is beautiful. They truly made my day beyond special. The coordinator, Cheryl, was on point and helped us with everything. She made my dream come true. The food, the waiters, everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 04/06/2014

I had to move my wedding inside due to rain and Cheryl and Julie went above and beyond in making it beautiful inside the ballroom. Thank you!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Ryan · Married on 01/04/2014

I wouldn't have went anywhere else to have my wedding!! This is most beautiful place ever!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Debbie · Married on 11/17/2013

My daughter and I visited Ruthe Jackson Center for her wedding/reception venue. After seeing the beautiful outdoor garden and ballrooms our decision was made. We had visited other venues in the metroplex and none compared to the beauty and value of Ruthe Jackson. The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and turned the wedding into a fairy tale event. You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 01/02/2014

Anne · Married on 11/02/2013

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Cheryl Allgood and her staff at the Ruthe Jackson Center. This venue is such a gem hidden in Grand Prairie, we probably had two dozen people ask us where we found this flawless venue.
    My husband and I didn't want it to be too extravagant and we wanted to funnel our money into making sure things were fun for our guests. Unfortunately, I am the least girly girl and can't tell you the first thing about wedding planning, so I hired Cheryl as my wedding planner. (Her services come cheaper than the many other places I looked in the DFW area.)
    From the beginning, Cheryl was conscious of my budget as well as what I truly wanted. She had suggestions and ideas for anything I could think of to ask her. Because of her, I had the best photographer that my friends still comment on to this day, my flowers were quickly stolen after the wedding by my mother in law so she could display them at home, and my decorations were simply breathtaking YET on a budget. We had a casino at the wedding, and it was a big hit. All my guests have been saying it was the "best wedding ever", one even said it in front of his wife (I avoided looking at her after he said that, lol).
    The venue is gorgeous. At the last minute, I added an outdoor ceremony. The garden is perfect in the fall and they do a great job maintaining the flowers and the greenery. After the sun went down, the lights came out and it was magical. We released lanterns in the sky amongst the gorgeous backdrop of all the lights and lace in the garden.
    Most country clubs and other places I went to gave me set hours for my wedding from 6 pm to 10 pm (Then charge you extra for extra hours). This place gave you the venue from 1p to 1 am so you can take your time in setting up.
    This place doesn't push for a reason - they know that they are the best at what they do, and their work shows. I would recommend this place to anyone at anytime.

Sent on 01/13/2014

The garden and ballroom were beautiful

Sent on 10/14/2013
  • Jubella

Jubella · Married on 09/28/2013

I chose RJC as a venue for my wedding. They made things so easy for me. I didn't have to do much of anything. Cheryl, our planner, was incredible!!! I don't know what we would have done without her. She was on point, kept EVERYONE calm and was VERY professional at it. She made sure everything was on point. I would recommend RJC and Cheryl's services to all my friends!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Shirley · Married on 12/22/2012

I thank The Ruthe Jackson Center for making my dream wedding come true... in fact they made it even better and far more beautiful than I could of ever Imagined. My wedding planner, Cheryl, and her team did a FABULOUS job. It has already been a month after my wedding and my guests still talk about how beautiful it was and how well they were treated. I would recommend this place to EVERY bride. I promise you will not be disappoint. Every dollar you spend is well worth it!!! Especially if you already have a busy life the Ruthe Jackson Center is the place to go. The best comment that I got was the day before my wedding.. "You are getting married tomorrow?? but you don't seem stressed!"... my response was, "I have an amazing team at the Ruthe Jackson Center that is Very well organized and they took a huge load off my back." This is definitely a 5/5 star. If I could give more stars I would!!

Sent on 01/27/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

The entire staff was extremely accomodating and helpful! The venue was beautiful. We received many compliments from our guests on our choice in venue. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Erin · Married on 09/15/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at the Ruthe Jackson Center. Our ceremony was held in the garden outside and it was just stunning. The trees have lights in them, there is a large fireplace with a mantle, a pond, stream and lots of seasonal flowers. With the garden ceremony, you dont need much decoration, which is a huge money saver. we did a few candles on the fireplace and down the aisle, but anything more would take away from the natural beauty of the propery. The minister wears a microphone, and their are speakers placed throughout so that everyone can hear the ceremony. The grand ballroom is, well, GRAND! large space that can hold any amount of people, whether it is 500 or 50. we used both ballrooms for our reception of 200 people, but they are flexible with you, if you wish to just use one ballroom. Cheryl Allgood is the coordinator at Ruthe Jackson, and she is such a huge help. She is professional, detail oriented and has your best interest at heart throughout the entire process. She is available to meet however many times you need and is prompt on returning emails/phonecalls. The facility is very up to date and neutral toned, which makes it easy to have your ideal wedding colors. They use black chairs for ceremony and reception, which goes with any wedding color scheme. The facility is very reasonalbe in prices, and is competitive with other venues. I highly recomend this venue to brides, your wedding will be stunning.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Melissa · Married on 05/28/2012

Cheryl and her team are fantastic! Cheryl coordinates everything and is a valuable resource in wedding planning. She can recommend several vendors and options to make your wedding exactly what you want. There's no way I could have had everything I wanted without Cheryl's experience and insight. Her entire team is so nice and they really care about making your wedding a success. The entire venue is beautiful, but the garden itself is particularly gorgeous!

Sent on 06/15/2012