Russo's On The Bay Reviews

Russo's On The Bay 7
  • Dana

Dana Nicole · Married on 06/07/2019

Joe Vacca was a godsend

If you want to be treated like royalty on your wedding day, use this venue.

Our team was professional, helpful, and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy.
    The guests cannot stop talking about the amazing Cocktail & Viennese hour. Everyone was blown away. Guests also loved how many options are given for their main course. Older guests were happy they didn't even need to go to the bar because by the time they were done with one drink their waitress was already getting them a refill. Everything is updated and clean. The cakes were made on site and not only beautiful, but delicious. Our guests are also still talking about our grand entrance, they couldn't believe how "grand" it truly was. Russo's also worked very well with all of my vendors. Mr. Russo himself kept checking up on us and making sure we were happy. We knew we were in good hands. Guests were also impressed with the process in which they wrap up the food ( many people were full from cocktail hour and wanted to take their entree home) you are given a number and at the end of the night you give in your number in return for your leftovers. They had all the little details covered.

My husband and I are still impressed with our Maitre D- Joe Vacca. Joe took care of us like we were family. Everything we requested was completed. Everything looked beautiful. At one point my mom was upset about something I forgot and started to get upset with me, Joe took her to the side and very respectfully took care of the situation and encouraged mom to go to him with any problems. This may seem insignificant but it was a big relief for me and made it simple to be care free & happy the entire night. The entire night was seamless, from our grand entrance, first dance, night time photo shots, cake cutting truly all thanks to Joe and his team. We just kept saying this is the best night ever ( so cliche I know, but its the truth). Every picture of me I have the biggest smile on. Joe was visible to me the entire night, I knew that if I needed something he was right there to help me, this made me feel comfortable and at ease.

We added the LED bar the week before the wedding and we are so happy we did. It was a great addition to the night. It truly kept many people inside the room and close to the dance floor which was exactly what we wanted. Service was quick and professional.

Also- For the brides who want to be " The only bride"
    there was another wedding going on but you would never know it, they do a great job of keeping everyone separated.

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Russo's On The Bay 15
    Russo's On The Bay 16
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 08/31/2018

Russo's on the Bay is simply the Best!

Simply the absolute BEST! We got married (both ceremony and reception) at Russo’s on the Bay on 8/31/18 and they more than exceeded our expectations. They made the planning process easy and comfortable. Sophia helped us every step of the way and was just fabulous! In the last few weeks leading up to the wedding, Joe Vacca, our matire’d, answered every question and concern immediately, he put me at complete ease. He then ran our wedding like a well oiled machine! Joe is really the best in the business! My bridal attendant Hope was great! If I needed or wanted something she was back to me in a flash with it! Bravo to the chefs! The food was outstanding! The food presentation was also very impressive! OMG the bakery - cookies, pastries and CAKE that was out of this world! The entire staff is professional and very accommodating but not in a stiff unattached way, they are friendly, everyone was smiling and happy help in anyway they could. The service was seriously fantastic! Even Mr. Russo stopped by to ask us if everything was going well and to be sure we were happy. The venue is gorgeous, the pics on their website doesn’t do it justice. I could go on and on, instead I’ll leave you with this - As our guests left, many people told us that this was the best wedding they had EVER been to! As a bride & groom, I can’t tell you how happy that made us! We would have our wedding at Russo's again tomorrow if we could! Thank you Mr. Russo and your entire team for making our wedding not only our dream wedding, but an outstanding event overall! xoxo

Sent on 11/25/2018

SUZANNE · Married on 09/16/2017

Words cannot describe the amazing experience we had at Russo's on the Bay for our daughter's wedding last week. To say that Russo's exceeded all expectations would be the large understatement of the year! Russo's staff was amazing from Mr. Russo to Carol Silva to our Maitre'D Joann the Bridal Attendant Hope were all beyond attentive. They were very attentive to us from the moment we pulled up in the Limo until we left at the end of the night on our shuttle bus. Our Maitre'D Joann and Bridal Attendant Hope made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed the entire evening. Joann, our Maitre'D made sure everything ran smooth from start to finish. The Ballroom and Gardens are beautiful. The food was spectacular!! The staff was attentive and professional... They didn't miss a beat! Everything was exactly how we planned!! From the beginning to the very end! We truly appreciate all the work the staff put into making our daughters wedding day a magical day!! Thank you the Boyce Family

Sent on 09/26/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2017

My Husband and I got married at Russo's on 09.01.17. From the initial meeting and through out the entire wedding planning process Mr. Russo, Priscilla, Audrey, Joanne, Christine and all of his amazing staff enough for providing nothing short of amazing service! We are beyond happy more so overjoyed with our wedding day! We had beautiful outdoor interfaith ceremony, followed by a cocktail hour and reception that was absolutely divine. My husband and I are big "foodies" and we found it challenging to the PERFECT venue that offered delicious food and quality service in combination with a consistently great reputation. Believe it or not My husband and I actually visited over 20 venues throughout NY but once we came to Russo's we knew instantly that we found the place of our DREAMS! Within the past year, Russo's has renovated/ the Tivoli Room, Promenade (Where Cocktail Hour is held) and even more recently offered outdoor ceremonies in their garden. What more could one ask for? We wish we could relive our Wedding day again. Book Russo's!! You WON'T regret it! - XO ( The Islams <3)

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Russo's On The Bay 24
    Russo's On The Bay 25
    Russo's On The Bay 26

Catherine · Married on 08/12/2017

Russo's on the Bay certainly lives up to its amazing reputation. Audrey was fantastic to work with. She helped us coordinate everything. Joanne made it all come together. Sam took great care of us in the bridal room. All the staff were helpful, courteous and made our special day perfect.
    Thank you. Cathy and Derek

Sent on 08/29/2017

Meghan · Married on 11/27/2016

Russo's on The Bay is undeniably the BEST place we could have chosen for our wedding. We met with Audrey to book our wedding day and also got to meet Mr. Russo, who is so genuinely kind and concerned with the satisfaction of everyone who walks through those doors. Our maitre'd, Joe, felt like a family member from the moment we met and was so eager to help us with anything and everything we needed or asked for. The food and service CANNOT be beat. They are the BEST at what they do. They leave no stone left un turned. We were treated so well from start to finish. They give each couple a beautiful tasting dinner to decide on appetizers, pasta and cake. It was very intimate and romantic, exactly what a couple planning a wedding needs. The bride and groom and their families are the staffs' top priority. Every single guest of ours was blown away by the food. Even sweeter, Mr. Russo makes sure to personally check on you during your event. There is nothing like a family owned business whose heart and soul is really in it. If we could get married at Russo's every Sunday, we would. We are so thankful we chose them and so thankful for all they did for us.

Meghan & Robert K. 11/27/2016

Sent on 12/07/2016

I got married on 11/11 & everything was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Top notch & first class everything! The venue is BEAUTIFUL! The food was AMAZING! The staff is FABULOUS! Mr. Frank Russo, Joanne our Maitre D, Sophia, Lauren and the rest of the staff I cannot thank each one of you enough for all you did to make my dream wedding happen. Everyone keeps ranting and raving about everything. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! XOXO

Sent on 12/10/2016

Shannon · Married on 08/06/2016

Amazing service, I was able to utilize every inch of this large space for my event. The staff was very accommodating to my needs, vendors, guests. They made sure we were on time given the dynamics of our celebration. Everything ran smoothly, the venue was gorgeous thanks to the new renovations and the food was excellent. Use them, you can't go wrong.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

Thank you Shannon! Congratulations on your engagement, all the best, from the entire Russo's On The Bay Family.
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 05/28/2016

*Our wedding has not happened yet, will update after*

We haven't had our wedding yet, but the service and treatment we've received from Russo's On The Bay has been so phenomenal it felt necessary to review them. We got engaged in April of 2014, and Russo's on the Bay was the very first reception venue we visited, upon recommendation of friends & family who had attended work functions at the location. We were instantly in love. Every employee we encountered was kind, and helpful, they offered us refreshments while we waiting to meet with our consultant. Once in with Audrey, we instantly knew Russo's was the place for us. She was so patient and helpful, answering all of the questions I had and willingly entertaining all of my "what ifs" she took us on a tour of the rooms, which was AMAZING and walked us through how weddings at Russo's flow. Frank Russo (owner) happened to be there and stopped in to say hello as well. We knew we wanted to book, but Audrey suggested we visit a few other venues to make sure we were certain since it was the first one we'd seen. That act in itself was so telling to us about the kind of experience we would have there, it wasn't about making the sale to her, it was about making sure that we were going to have the best day for us as a couple. We saw a handful of other venues, but kept comparing them to Russo's, Non of them stacked up.
    The amount of service, food/drinks, just everything you get is so much more than most locations offer, and at Russo's thats their standard package. Every time we went back to Russo's for meetings, we were treated like part of the family, Audry always brings out cake pops for my Fiance because he mentioned how much he loved them the first time we went (the usually only give the cake pops out for your initial visit!).
    I can't express how helpful everyone on the Russo's team has been, they always answer all of my emails quickly and throughly. We cannot wait for our wedding day at Russo's!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Avery · Married on 02/20/2016

We were MORE than satisfied with the elegant and beautiful event that Russo's put together for our wedding day at Vetro. Our guests raved about the food, the service was excellent and the way the room was put together for both the ceremony and the reception was absolutely breathtaking. We will continue to recommend Russo's, and hope to use your services for future celebratory events!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

Congratulations, It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day. Best wishes from the entire Russo's on the Bay & Vetro Family.

Aly · Married on 02/05/2016

I don't even know the words to express how amazing this place is. Russos on the Bay truly gave us the wedding of our dreams. The service was outstanding and our guests are still raving about it! Our Maitre-d Joe Vacca and his team were unbelievable!! They are all Pros! They treat you like family and genuinely care. Mr. Russo himself was even there to make sure everything was perfect (AND IT WAS) I will be recommending this place for years to come. They made us feel like we had the most important wedding they have ever thrown. My only wish is that i could relive the night over again. I hope someone I know plans a wedding there soon so that i can return as a guest. WE LOVE YOU RUSSOS ON THE BAY!

- FRANK & ALY GEOGHEGAN 2/5/2016

Sent on 02/19/2016

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

Thank you and Congratulations Frank & Aly! It was an honor to have been a part of this special day. Best wishes from the entire Russo's On The Bay Family.

Tara · Married on 12/06/2015

We got married there Dec 6th and it was absolutely perfect start to finish. Joe Vacca, our maitre d is one in a million. The food, the service, the hospitality all around you can't go wrong with this place. We saw the owner Mr. Russo many times during the whole booking and planning process and even the day of our event. It's so nice to see an owner present and so hands on and I do belive that's why Russos is so successful. We had over 200 people and everyone was ranting and raving about how great everything was. Look no further, you won't regret it!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Jillian · Married on 12/05/2015

I wish I could truly write a review that would do justice to the service that Russo's on the Bay provided for me and my husband for our wedding but it would be near impossible.

This place is the absolute best place to have an event! The amount of professionalism, attentiveness, and care that they provide is truly unbeatable. From the moment we had our first consultation with Russo's we felt as though we were family. Every single person who helped us plan our big day was so helpful and so amazing! Our maitre d Joe Vacca was absolutely amazing! He was so nice and helpful and really helped to calm me down a few weeks before the wedding! He made sure we had everything we wanted and even helped with a small crisis the day of the wedding! I could not have asked for a better guy than Joe, he really is the best!

My guest had an amazing time, and it really was the best day of my life. You will never go wrong with Russo's between the amazing food (which is never ending) and the amazing service there is nothing else you will ever need.

Sent on 12/29/2015

You cannot go wrong, nor will you be disappointed in choosing Russo's On The Bay. The food is amazing, the grounds are gorgeous, and the rooms are stunning.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Marissa · Married on 10/09/2015

Russo's on the Bay completely exceeded my expectations and played a huge role in the wedding of my dreams. A huge thanks to Mr. Russo, my amazing maitre'd Tracy, and the incredible staff at Russos.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Wow, wow, wow!!! Wow is all I can say about Russo's on the Bay. You will not get this type of service, treatment, food, and magic anywhere else! My husband and I got married here on September 19th and had the best, most magical day of our lives!!! It was a pure fairytale!!! Russo's, with the help of our other incredible vendors, brought our dreams to reality. Our maître d' (is that how you spell it?) was Joe Vacca along with his assistant, Joanne. Joe is the best!!! He was always there to answer questions, ask our opinions, take care of everything that was necessary, and even to make sure that we got to eat! The staff at Russo's truly made everything perfect. Frank Russo even walked around a couple of times throughout the night to make sure everything was running smoothly! We were in the Renaissance room with about 280 guests - the room looked like a dream! The service was top notch - each table had its own waiter and no one ever had to get up for drinks. And the food? Everyone knows about the food! Our guests are still raving about the full boat cocktail hour and unbelievable Viennese (we had chosen the Elite package)! Plus, I keep hearing that the Opera Trio was the best wedding cake many of them had ever tasted in their lives! I highly recommend Russo's for any type of occasion! They do not disappoint!!! Now we can't wait to have a baby so that we can have a christening there! Joe, we are coming back for you!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Russo's on the Bay is an amazing place to have your wedding. Their staff goes way beyond above and beyond to make you happy. From the first point of contact at Bridal Showcase I attended, I was treated like a Queen. The food is to die for and there is so much of it. Almost all of my wedding guest said to me this was the best wedding that they have ever been to, Russo's is responsible for that! Thank you for making my wedding a true fairytale! I can't wait to have another event so I can have it at Russo's!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Sergio · Married on 02/14/2015

Greatly satisfied with Frank Russo, Joe Vacca, Carol Silva and the entire crew. The major piece of our wedding was our Venue which was remarkably beautiful; from the staff, professionalism, the attention to detail.... Etc. A recommendation in acquiring their venue is an understatement. There is NO OTHER venue out there that will make your day the best than Russo's. We will utilize them for EVERY occasion in our lives. Unfortunatly we cannot give Russo's 100 stars; because we would! What started off as a client to vendor relationship has been left off as a friend to friend relationship. This speaks grand!- The Elejalde's

PS: Detailed, Organized, Prompt, Focused, Amazingly Delicious Food, Great Service....THE BEST!!!!

Sent on 02/28/2015

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

Thank you and Congratulations Myra & Sergio! It was an honor to have been a part of this special day. Best wishes from the entire Russo's On The Bay Family.

naomi · Married on 11/23/2014

Excellent excellent I couldn't be any more pleased and happy I had it there and Joe was excellent helpful and the best

Sent on 02/17/2015

Dominick · Married on 11/14/2014

Mr Russo and staff are the best in the business! From Jason our Matre D to Lauren our wedding planner, we were treated like royalty. The venue is gorgeous. The food delicious. The service outstanding!! Our guests had a wonderful time and couldn't stop talking about the best wedding ever!!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

Thank you for the review! It was an honor to have been a part of this special time in your lives. From the entire Russo's On The Bay Family, we wish you a lifetime of health and happiness.
    Warmest Regards.

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2014

Russo's on the Bay made our dream wedding a reality. The night was flawless, thanks to the waitstaff and maitre'd (Thank you Joe!). We, and our guests, always had a drink in hand, and there was always someone close by to get anything you needed. Our guests arrived early and they were allowed to wait in a beautiful lounge area before cocktail hour began. The food was impeccable, and everything at the venue was clean and beautiful. There isn't anything negative to say about Russo's on the Bay- I wish I could relive my wedding there!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Dear Jessica,
    Thank you for the review! It was our pleasure to have been a part of your special day! From the entire Russo's On The Bay Family, We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Warmest Regards

Pamela · Married on 10/18/2014

The Wedding of a Lifetime
    Me and my husband just recently had our wedding at Russo's on the Bay in the Renaissance room on Saturday October 18th, 2014. Let me start off telling you all that you WILL NOT get this sort of treatment anywhere else.
    From the beginning to the end, you were taken care of like you were their only bride having a wedding. The first person we dealt with was Jennifer. Meeting with her felt like meeting with an old friend. Every time we had spoken thereafter, she had remembered small details about me and my family that weren't even wedding related!! The sense of care and understanding was very evident every time. She helped guide us through picking packages, pricing, vendor selection and more. Any question we had, she met with a swift and accurate answer.
    On to the food. You will not be served anywhere like you are at Russo's in both quantity and quality. We had chosen the Elite Package and were offered amazing service, food, drinks and more. The cocktail hour feels like a full meal, but then you get to a seated 4 course dinner (appetizer, salad, pasta, & entree) after the plethora of the cocktail hour. Honestly, you can't even call it a cocktail hour, it should be renamed the GRAND RUSSOS HOUR. It's literally a mile long (okay not literally but it's insane). Oh and let's not forget the Venetian hour. Since we had the elite package we were able to choose a 100% custom made cake. But this wasn't even the half of it. The venetian hour is like being in a dessert FACTORY. Gelato, Italian & French pastries, cotton candy, fudge, cupcakes, chocolate fountains, fruit, cookies, and most importantly the WHITE CASTLE station. Fresh white castle burgers and fries for all of your guests. If there is anything I can tell you, it i

Sent on 11/17/2014

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

It was our pleasure to have been a part of this special time in your lives! From the entire Russo's On The Bay Family, we wish you a lifetime of happiness and health!

kathy · Married on 10/11/2014

I don't even know where to begin to express my gratitude to Frank Russo & the staff of Russo's on the Bay. From the first appointment to see if Russo's was a possibility for our wedding venue, up until the moment we walked out the night of our wedding, I cannot believe how happy I was that this was the hall we chose. You are truly treated like family. I say it all the time "unless you're a Russo's bride you do not understand." We've seen other halls and each venue was all business where you felt like just another customer. It seemed so routine. At Russo's you never felt like just another bride and groom. Especially every visit there you're leaving hugging everyone like family. lol.. We were both blown away for their hospitality with each and every person we met there. We left there after our first appointment and just knew. All expectations of our wedding were exceeded beyond what we could've even imagined, although I knew we were in great hands from the start. Even more so than my own experience at Russo's on my wedding day, the thing that makes me happiest is hearing from my guests what an amazing wedding we had. Hearing compliments over and over from everyone about our dramatic entrance, the food, the service, etc... how unbelievable everything was. And hearing often it labeled to be "the best wedding" they've ever been to truly confirms that we made the right decision to have our wedding at Russo's on the Bay. I cannot thank them enough for everything! The quality of everything there is just down to perfection, everything you can imagine is made on premises. The quality of food & service was a big factor to us. The cocktail hour is just excessive & amazing, we actually felt the need to extend it. (big factor too there is a seat for EVERYONE in cocktail hour) lol.. Everything is just perfect here! My review is actually a lot longer but there is no room. lol.. They're just THE BEST of THE BEST!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Russo's On The Bay's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It was an honor to have been a part of this special time in your life! From the entire Russo's On The Bay Family, We wish you a lifetime of health and happiness!

Best venue I've ever been to! Great service and awesome employees. Beautiful, clean and classy...nothing is spared at Russo's

Sent on 10/04/2014
  • O

Olesya · Married on 08/03/2014

The best place for the weddings! Excellent management and personnel. Everything is very professional, qualitative and polite! We were very happy!

Thank you!