Russell Sound Lab Reviews

65 | North Canton, OH

65 Reviews for Russell Sound Lab

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Wow, I could not be more happy with the service I received from Russell Sound Lab! I am seriously so happy I went with this DJ. His prices were very reasonable, everyone was so pleasant to work with, and the night went smoother than it ever could have thanks to them! I also chose to do the uplighting and it was so well worth, the also very reasonable price. You truly don't realize how beautiful a venue can look until you get those. I also chose to get the videography package as well and was very pleased that I did end up getting that. They were so organized, professional, and kind. I can't tell enough people about them! If you need a DJ they are they are the people to go with!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Gina · Married on 05/26/2018

Russell Sound Lab is amazing! Joe is so easy to work with, he accommodated everything we asked for down to the last minute. Our dance floor was full the whole night. His wife did a wonderful job with our video. Any DJ at Russel Sound Lab is awesome. Definately chose them for your wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Joan · Married on 04/21/2018

Professional, Accommodating, A Pleasure to Work With, & Affordable = Russell Sound Lab.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

Joe and his partner were fantastic at our wedding reception! He kept the music going, everyone dancing, and helped the reception run smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a better song selection and he even worked with us the week leading up to it when we wanted to change our reception timeline. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Sayaka · Married on 01/27/2018

Joe was absolutely incredible and worked with our unique vibe! He will know pretty much every song request you ask for! He definitely won’t let you down! He’s also timely and very professional! Would work with him again for any other events in the future!!!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Alysa · Married on 11/18/2017

Thank you so much for making our reception the best party we have ever been to! We had so many compliments afterwards about how great the venue looked and how much fun everyone had dancing. I was on the fence about the uplighting, but I'm so glad we had it - it made the Onesto even more beautiful! Joe was great and even took the time to sit with me and go over my very detailed playlist, and even downloaded some of the more obscure songs I was requesting. Joe also video recorded our ceremony and reception - something we will cherish for years to come. Thank you again! - Alysa and Blake

Sent on 10/05/2018

Brenda · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a great experience with Russell Sound Lab from the very beginning. Joe fit us in for our first meeting on very short notice and was so helpful with all of the details. We had DJ Bruce and he was wonderful. Our ceremony was on a small island with our reception elsewhere. He ensured everything was set up and perfect even tho I know the logistics were probably a little crazy. He played all of the songs on our list and added in some awesome songs that we didn't even think of but kept people on the dance floor. He also took requests from our friends and family and ensured everyone was happy and everything went smooth. Joe emailed everyone on my wedding team to make sure all were on the same page. Music is such an important and meaningful part of my life so I was so happy to have such a wonderful experience. I could not have asked for more. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Laurie · Married on 10/14/2017

Good Morning Joe,
    I wanted you to be aware of how thrilled I was with your services at my daughter's wedding. DJ Mike was Awesome!!!! He was organized and thorough. He double checked our Russell Sound Lab wedding agenda that you and I planned. Mike checked with the bridal party on their names and we quickly went over the evenings events. Mike was great and kept the crowd engaged and notified on what was happening and when. He took the worry and pressure from me to keep the reception flowing and I felt confident in him. The Music Selection was perfect. I can honestly say I have NEVER been to a Wedding Reception where the Dance Floor was constantly full. We actually had to tell people to leave when the reception was over at 11pm. because no one wanted to stop dancing.
    The up lighting provided by you at the Hall was absolutely beautiful and added to the elegance of the Reception as well as the Dance Floor Setting. I have received numerous compliments from several friends and family members who attended the reception. They went on and on about how fun and what a huge success the reception was. I attribute that to you and Mike for doing an outstanding job. Music, reception flow, and fun is what makes a reception successful and that is exactly what you provided for me and my daughter's Wedding.
    ****** I plan on booking you again for my other daughter's wedding in 2019.
    You're the Best and send Mike my thanks too.....
    Sincerely,
    Laurie Scianna

Sent on 10/23/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

This company did an excellent job at our wedding. We had quite a heavy list of song requests as we included them in our RSVPs. RSL did a great job incorporating them in throughout the night. Our dj Mike was super friendly and really great with keeping everything on schedule. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2017

Words cannot express enough how wonderful this company is. Joe Russel helped us out tremendously with making sure we had everything we wanted for our wedding. The process of planning with him went by so smoothly something every bride to be needs during the crazy planning of a wedding. The first time we sat down with Joe I instantly knew this was the company i wanted to provide one of the most important things for our wedding. He listened to everything that we wanted and made it happen. We had the pleasure of having DJ Mike for the evening. He was absolutely wonderful. He kept the party going all night long. Our dance floor was never empty. Before any major event was going to take place during our ceremony Mike always talked to us first. To make sure it went the way we wanted. Mike interacted with the crowd. We had a variety of different ages at our reception and he knew exactly what to play to satisfy everyone. But he always made sure that my husband and I were satisfied first. Our wedding was August 26th 2017 and 2 weeks later we still talk about the wonderful experience we had with Russel Sound Lab. We highly recommend them, we have already recommended them to friends. We will definitely be using them in the future. If you are looking at this review right now look no further this company for your special day.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2017

Straightforward, played what we wanted to hear, kept everyone dancing, great entertainment and management of the evening, awesome uplighting! Absolutely wonderful to work with!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Joe · Married on 07/15/2017

Russell Sound Lab was terrific. Joe played from our song list and took requests as well. He was so easy to work with, making our 50th Anniversary Party the best possible. Diane and I were more than satisfied. Joe and Diane Weigand

Sent on 07/24/2017

Becky · Married on 06/17/2017

Joe Russell really made my wedding amazing.  I had been to two previous wedding that he was the DJ at and I knew he is who I wanted for my wedding.

Prior to the wedding we sat down and selected the music I wanted to play throughout my day. He was great at giving me suggestions of what songs to play when.  He also worked with me to make a timeline of events. He offered his opinion, but was very flexible and listened to my thoughts as well.  Once we finalized the reception schedule of events he emailed it to my venu, staff doing the catering, my photographer, and videographer.  My day would not have been organized if it wasn't for him.  He made sure all the staff worked together, and was on the same time frame. He was very approachable on my wedding day to answer any question I had.

Lastly and most important he choose great music to get my guest up and dancing. He could read the crowds reaction to songs and know the best song to play next.  I would highly recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 06/19/2017

June · Married on 06/17/2017

The BEST DJ ever. We chose Russell after being at several weddings that he DJ'd. His help planning the perfect schedule and song list was incredible. But most important, he made my daughter's reception perfect. He kept the evening on schedule and running very smooth. His ability to keep the guest dancing and having a good time was truly professional. Thanks Much.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Laura · Married on 06/03/2017

Russell Sound Lab was absolutely wonderful to work with! They were extremely accommodating to all of my requests and played exactly what all of my guests loved. Without any sort of guidance our DJ, Mike, played songs that I had never even thought of that were perfect. Our dance floor was packed all night! Even my dad was out there and he NEVER dances!! I would recommend them to anyone. They definitely made our wedding perfect. Joe Russell is the best in the business and I really can't thank him enough! If you want an amazing DJ I wouldn't look anywhere else.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding reception experience could not have been any more perfect! These guys were on the ball. They stayed on schedule, played all the songs we wanted as well as an amazing playlist. The uplighting on the walls set the mood and made our other decorations pop. Everyone has an amazing time on the dance floor! The photo booth was awesome as they had tons of props and the print outs were post card sized as opposed to the small strip which was very cool. They kept an album for us and guests could put their extra photo booth picture in it and sign it. We will forever be thankful for Joe and his amazing staff. Our wedding was nothing short of perfect ?

Sent on 06/14/2017

Megan · Married on 11/26/2016

Joe Russell is great!!! Would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Amy · Married on 07/23/2016

Very Happy we chose Russell Sound Lab

Russell Sound Lab DJ's were very professional and kept the night moving. We loved that they had a good planner and sat down to go over everything ahead of schedule. It made our wedding reception go very smoothly.

Sent on 11/03/2020

wonderful! decent pricing! great personality!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Molly · Married on 12/12/2015

Hands down, THE BEST DJ!!! We had approximately 200 guests total, and there were never less than 50 on the dance floor at any point in time. From the first song until the last, everyone enjoyed themselves! The initial meeting with Joe Russell was very helpful and put my mind at ease; this team knows what they are doing. They also provided uplighting for our venue. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Laurie · Married on 10/03/2015

We loved everything about Russell Sound Lab! Joe (the owner) is amazing and made the process so easy for us. They truly run the reception but let us go at our own pace if something was taking longer, shorter, etc. Did a great job of getting people dancing, too! Would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Joanna · Married on 08/29/2015

DJ Joe was very easy to work with and did a great job understanding the flow of our wedding and what songs we did/didn't want to have played. We had some very difficult names to pronounce and Joe nailed every single one of them. He delivered exactly what we wanted and the guests LOVED him. He does a really great job combining your wants and being adaptive to the crowd. We told Joe it was really important to us that everyone got up and danced and had fun - he made sure it happened! I highly recommend booking for your wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Emily · Married on 08/02/2014

Russell Sound Lab was amazing! We adore our DJ. We had such a pleasant experience with our DJ. They were so flexible with planning appointments and were always quick to respond to questions. We had a very traditional reception, but we threw in an awesome entrance for my dad before the daddy daughter dance that included the "Stone Cold Steve Austin" theme song (it turned out so awesome) and Russell's pulled everything off without a hitch. They were very reasonably priced. They even gave us a cd after the reception that included all of our reception music on it, so it was so great to relive those moments.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 05/11/2013

Joe did a great job for us at our Ceremony. From the inital face to face meeting to communicating over the phone about final details his service and availability to help was OUTSTANDING!!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Russell Sound Labs Inc. is actually a company I had some previous experience with before our wedding. I worked with one of the Dj's for a period of time and they would host Friday nights at the Canton Quaker Steak and Lube as well.

I specially requested Mike. I knew him personally and had seen him first hand in action. He has a very attractive voice for the ear. He also has dancing skills if you need him to get the crowd going which you DONT find with alot of lame dorky Dj's that are over aged out there. He knew how to get people involved and pumped up. He was very receptive to our requests and feedback. He was able to vibe off the crowd ( our was wild and the dance floor was slammed). He is a great guy on apersonal and professional level.

Multiple guests commented on how great our DJ was. We have been to pletny of weddings and know firsthand how a DJ can make or break a wedding. Trust me...you want Mike. Be sure to request him!

The owner, Joe, was very helpful in recommedning music and finding songs we wanted evene if he didnt have them in his database. We had a very hard song to find for our first dance. He managed it!

No cheesy out of toush Dj's here...go with Russell sound Labs Inc! They have a website and you can find them in Canton, Ohio. They will Drive to Cleveland and they are VERY affordable compared to many ofther DJ services. LIke HALF the price but double the talent!

Sent on 08/17/2012