Russell Sound Lab Reviews

Russell Sound Lab 4
Russell Sound Lab 5
  • Emily

Emily Streb · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wedding DJ - The best in NE Ohio! Highly recommend!

We used Russell Sound Lab Wedding DJS for our wedding and the crew was FANTASTIC! Joe is the best in the business and knows how to ensure you and your wedding guests are having a great time from start to finish. Very professional and made sure to take his time with us so that he captured all the details we were wanting. We selected the entire package offered for our wedding entertainment (DJ, up-lighting, videographer, monogram lighting, photobooth) and have absolutely no regrets and SO happy with how everything turned out! Highly recommend Joe for any DJing needs!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2019

Easy to work with and so fun!

My guests loved the DJs provided by Russel Sound Lab! They had so much fun dancing during the reception and I got great reviews about the music they played. Joe was also very easy to schedule and work with, and the uplighting was a wonderful addition!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline F Harmon · Married on 12/07/2018

Russell Sound Lab is unforgettable!

Joe Russell and his team did such an amazing job at our wedding and reception - I can't even give them enough stars and compliments!!
    Joe was so easy to work with! His professionalism and experience were so evident throughout the whole evening!
    My husband and I were clueless about what to ask for and expect when it comes to DJ's and their services. Joe held our hand the whole way explaining options, etc. He listened to our requests and put together a killer playlist. He cared about the subtle details and showed that he wanted to make our experience unique.
    He also provided our ceremony and dinner music so the details and timing were very important and I was amazed at how it all came together so well. I had so many compliments from guests and the dance floor was busy all night long. SO much fun!!!!!
    He is the best of the best in my book and should the need ever arise - I would hire him again!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Russell Sound Lab 6
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely Great!!!!

This is the 3rd event i've had them do and every time they are perfect.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Zero complaints

Incredibly professional, accommodating, and thorough. More than just someone who plays songs, they do a great job MCing, managing and organizing the event.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Z

Zachary Coffy · Married on 09/22/2018

Helped organized the day, everything went smoothly

Very professional, went above and beyond to help plan out our day. Highly recommended if you don't have a wedding planner. Learned our taste and helped pick the perfect music for each part of the evening.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/22/2018

Easy going and so nice to work with!

So personable and easy to get along with! Joe was a treat to work with! Understanding and flexible, and his DJ was professional and patient with all our needs!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding july 6

Kept people on the dance floor the whole night!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Dona · Married on 08/19/2018

Perfect Company!

Joe and his staff are awesome! Everyone we interacted with in the company was unbelievably professional and helpful. I would highly recommend the business.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Dana · Married on 08/18/2018

We were so happy with Russell Sound lab! Everything was run so smoothly all my guests had a great time. The uplighting and the photo booth were so much fun!!! Thank you guys for everything!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

ashley · Married on 07/21/2018

DJ Joe and Russell Sound Lab did an amazing job at my wedding on 7/21/18. Throughout the process everything was so easy! I met with Joe twice to discuss what I was looking for and then to decide on our song list for the ceremony and some for the reception. When I wasn't sure, Joe helped my husband and I come up with something that worked for us. When I wanted a specific version of a song, he found it. The ceremony music was beautiful and the reception music was awesome! People were on the dance floor all night and I got tons of comments from guests saying how great the music was. And it never stopped! He just played all night and went way beyond our expectations. We also got the videography and they were all over the place getting every part of the ceremony and reception. Can't wait to see it! Really thrilled with how everything went! thank you!!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Kristopher · Married on 07/20/2018

Joe was everything we could have hoped for for our wedding reception. Before, during, and after. His uplighting saved us a ton of money on regular bland decorations that would have to be put up and taken down after it all. Thank you for making ours a night to remember. Even our guests mentioned how great everything was.

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Russell Sound Lab 7

Kelsey · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with Joe and his family from Russell Sound Lab was the best! He listened to what my husband, family, guests, and I wanted in music and entertainment! He 100% provided the greatest experience for everyone at the reception! Great personalities and customer service all around!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Gabby · Married on 06/30/2018

We had Russell Sound Lab DJ our wedding this past June and it was perfect! Everything went perfect with the agenda, we had a to push a few things back a little bit, and they were more than accomodating. The music was perfect. They played everything we wanted and we were all dancing the entire time. I would highly reccomend them for any event and I know I will use them in the future!

Sent on 08/13/2018
    Russell Sound Lab 8

Jayni · Married on 06/02/2018

We loved having this DJ!! Joe really kept the party going, made sure the night was running smoothly and efficiently, and most importantly made sure everyone was having fun. His sound/light system was top notch, and the music was well-heard all throughout our reception hall full of 300 people!! HIGHLY recommend this DJ company. Experienced, honest prices, friendly, attentive to detail, and so fun!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Wow, I could not be more happy with the service I received from Russell Sound Lab! I am seriously so happy I went with this DJ. His prices were very reasonable, everyone was so pleasant to work with, and the night went smoother than it ever could have thanks to them! I also chose to do the uplighting and it was so well worth, the also very reasonable price. You truly don't realize how beautiful a venue can look until you get those. I also chose to get the videography package as well and was very pleased that I did end up getting that. They were so organized, professional, and kind. I can't tell enough people about them! If you need a DJ they are they are the people to go with!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Gina · Married on 05/26/2018

Russell Sound Lab is amazing! Joe is so easy to work with, he accommodated everything we asked for down to the last minute. Our dance floor was full the whole night. His wife did a wonderful job with our video. Any DJ at Russel Sound Lab is awesome. Definately chose them for your wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Joan · Married on 04/21/2018

Professional, Accommodating, A Pleasure to Work With, & Affordable = Russell Sound Lab.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

Joe and his partner were fantastic at our wedding reception! He kept the music going, everyone dancing, and helped the reception run smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a better song selection and he even worked with us the week leading up to it when we wanted to change our reception timeline. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Sayaka · Married on 01/27/2018

Joe was absolutely incredible and worked with our unique vibe! He will know pretty much every song request you ask for! He definitely won’t let you down! He’s also timely and very professional! Would work with him again for any other events in the future!!!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Alysa · Married on 11/18/2017

Thank you so much for making our reception the best party we have ever been to! We had so many compliments afterwards about how great the venue looked and how much fun everyone had dancing. I was on the fence about the uplighting, but I'm so glad we had it - it made the Onesto even more beautiful! Joe was great and even took the time to sit with me and go over my very detailed playlist, and even downloaded some of the more obscure songs I was requesting. Joe also video recorded our ceremony and reception - something we will cherish for years to come. Thank you again! - Alysa and Blake

Sent on 10/05/2018

Brenda · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a great experience with Russell Sound Lab from the very beginning. Joe fit us in for our first meeting on very short notice and was so helpful with all of the details. We had DJ Bruce and he was wonderful. Our ceremony was on a small island with our reception elsewhere. He ensured everything was set up and perfect even tho I know the logistics were probably a little crazy. He played all of the songs on our list and added in some awesome songs that we didn't even think of but kept people on the dance floor. He also took requests from our friends and family and ensured everyone was happy and everything went smooth. Joe emailed everyone on my wedding team to make sure all were on the same page. Music is such an important and meaningful part of my life so I was so happy to have such a wonderful experience. I could not have asked for more. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Laurie · Married on 10/14/2017

Good Morning Joe,
    I wanted you to be aware of how thrilled I was with your services at my daughter's wedding. DJ Mike was Awesome!!!! He was organized and thorough. He double checked our Russell Sound Lab wedding agenda that you and I planned. Mike checked with the bridal party on their names and we quickly went over the evenings events. Mike was great and kept the crowd engaged and notified on what was happening and when. He took the worry and pressure from me to keep the reception flowing and I felt confident in him. The Music Selection was perfect. I can honestly say I have NEVER been to a Wedding Reception where the Dance Floor was constantly full. We actually had to tell people to leave when the reception was over at 11pm. because no one wanted to stop dancing.
    The up lighting provided by you at the Hall was absolutely beautiful and added to the elegance of the Reception as well as the Dance Floor Setting. I have received numerous compliments from several friends and family members who attended the reception. They went on and on about how fun and what a huge success the reception was. I attribute that to you and Mike for doing an outstanding job. Music, reception flow, and fun is what makes a reception successful and that is exactly what you provided for me and my daughter's Wedding.
    ****** I plan on booking you again for my other daughter's wedding in 2019.
    You're the Best and send Mike my thanks too.....
    Sincerely,
    Laurie Scianna

Sent on 10/23/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

This company did an excellent job at our wedding. We had quite a heavy list of song requests as we included them in our RSVPs. RSL did a great job incorporating them in throughout the night. Our dj Mike was super friendly and really great with keeping everything on schedule. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2017

Words cannot express enough how wonderful this company is. Joe Russel helped us out tremendously with making sure we had everything we wanted for our wedding. The process of planning with him went by so smoothly something every bride to be needs during the crazy planning of a wedding. The first time we sat down with Joe I instantly knew this was the company i wanted to provide one of the most important things for our wedding. He listened to everything that we wanted and made it happen. We had the pleasure of having DJ Mike for the evening. He was absolutely wonderful. He kept the party going all night long. Our dance floor was never empty. Before any major event was going to take place during our ceremony Mike always talked to us first. To make sure it went the way we wanted. Mike interacted with the crowd. We had a variety of different ages at our reception and he knew exactly what to play to satisfy everyone. But he always made sure that my husband and I were satisfied first. Our wedding was August 26th 2017 and 2 weeks later we still talk about the wonderful experience we had with Russel Sound Lab. We highly recommend them, we have already recommended them to friends. We will definitely be using them in the future. If you are looking at this review right now look no further this company for your special day.

Sent on 09/11/2017