31 Reviews for Russell Sound Lab

Microphones (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Video Projection (1)
31 Russell Sound Lab Reviews

We had a great experience with Russell Sound Lab from the very beginning. Joe fit us in for our first meeting on very short notice and was so helpful with all of the details. We had DJ Bruce and he was wonderful. Our ceremony was on a small island with our reception elsewhere. He ensured everything was set up and perfect even tho I know the logistics were probably a little crazy. He played all of the songs on our list and added in some awesome songs that we didn't even think of but kept people on the dance floor. He also took requests from our friends and family and ensured everyone was happy and everything went smooth. Joe emailed everyone on my wedding team to make sure all were on the same page. Music is such an important and meaningful part of my life so I was so happy to have such a wonderful experience. I could not have asked for more. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Brenda , 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Good Morning Joe,
I wanted you to be aware of how thrilled I was with your services at my daughter's wedding. DJ Mike was Awesome!!!! He was organized and thorough. He double checked our Russell Sound Lab wedding agenda that you and I planned. Mike checked with the bridal party on their names and we quickly went over the evenings events. Mike was great and kept the crowd engaged and notified on what was happening and when. He took the worry and pressure from me to keep the reception flowing and I felt confident in him. The Music Selection was perfect. I can honestly say I have NEVER been to a Wedding Reception where the Dance Floor was constantly full. We actually had to tell people to leave when the reception was over at 11pm. because no one wanted to stop dancing.
The up lighting provided by you at the Hall was absolutely beautiful and added to the elegance of the Reception as well as the Dance Floor Setting. I have received numerous compliments from several friends and family members who attended the reception. They went on and on about how fun and what a huge success the reception was. I attribute that to you and Mike for doing an outstanding job. Music, reception flow, and fun is what makes a reception successful and that is exactly what you provided for me and my daughter's Wedding.
****** I plan on booking you again for my other daughter's wedding in 2019.
You're the Best and send Mike my thanks too.....
Sincerely,
Laurie Scianna

Profile Picture Laurie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

This company did an excellent job at our wedding. We had quite a heavy list of song requests as we included them in our RSVPs. RSL did a great job incorporating them in throughout the night. Our dj Mike was super friendly and really great with keeping everything on schedule. Would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Amanda , 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Words cannot express enough how wonderful this company is. Joe Russel helped us out tremendously with making sure we had everything we wanted for our wedding. The process of planning with him went by so smoothly something every bride to be needs during the crazy planning of a wedding. The first time we sat down with Joe I instantly knew this was the company i wanted to provide one of the most important things for our wedding. He listened to everything that we wanted and made it happen. We had the pleasure of having DJ Mike for the evening. He was absolutely wonderful. He kept the party going all night long. Our dance floor was never empty. Before any major event was going to take place during our ceremony Mike always talked to us first. To make sure it went the way we wanted. Mike interacted with the crowd. We had a variety of different ages at our reception and he knew exactly what to play to satisfy everyone. But he always made sure that my husband and I were satisfied first. Our wedding was August 26th 2017 and 2 weeks later we still talk about the wonderful experience we had with Russel Sound Lab. We highly recommend them, we have already recommended them to friends. We will definitely be using them in the future. If you are looking at this review right now look no further this company for your special day.

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Straightforward, played what we wanted to hear, kept everyone dancing, great entertainment and management of the evening, awesome uplighting! Absolutely wonderful to work with!!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Russell Sound Lab was terrific. Joe played from our song list and took requests as well. He was so easy to work with, making our 50th Anniversary Party the best possible. Diane and I were more than satisfied. Joe and Diane Weigand

Profile Picture Joe, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe Russell really made my wedding amazing.  I had been to two previous wedding that he was the DJ at and I knew he is who I wanted for my wedding.

Prior to the wedding we sat down and selected the music I wanted to play throughout my day. He was great at giving me suggestions of what songs to play when.  He also worked with me to make a timeline of events. He offered his opinion, but was very flexible and listened to my thoughts as well.  Once we finalized the reception schedule of events he emailed it to my venu, staff doing the catering, my photographer, and videographer.  My day would not have been organized if it wasn't for him.  He made sure all the staff worked together, and was on the same time frame. He was very approachable on my wedding day to answer any question I had.

Lastly and most important he choose great music to get my guest up and dancing. He could read the crowds reaction to songs and know the best song to play next.  I would highly recommend him for your wedding!

Profile Picture Becky, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The BEST DJ ever. We chose Russell after being at several weddings that he DJ'd. His help planning the perfect schedule and song list was incredible. But most important, he made my daughter's reception perfect. He kept the evening on schedule and running very smooth. His ability to keep the guest dancing and having a good time was truly professional. Thanks Much.

Profile Picture June, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Russell Sound Lab was absolutely wonderful to work with! They were extremely accommodating to all of my requests and played exactly what all of my guests loved. Without any sort of guidance our DJ, Mike, played songs that I had never even thought of that were perfect. Our dance floor was packed all night! Even my dad was out there and he NEVER dances!! I would recommend them to anyone. They definitely made our wedding perfect. Joe Russell is the best in the business and I really can't thank him enough! If you want an amazing DJ I wouldn't look anywhere else.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Our wedding reception experience could not have been any more perfect! These guys were on the ball. They stayed on schedule, played all the songs we wanted as well as an amazing playlist. The uplighting on the walls set the mood and made our other decorations pop. Everyone has an amazing time on the dance floor! The photo booth was awesome as they had tons of props and the print outs were post card sized as opposed to the small strip which was very cool. They kept an album for us and guests could put their extra photo booth picture in it and sign it. We will forever be thankful for Joe and his amazing staff. Our wedding was nothing short of perfect ?

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Joe Russell is great!!! Would recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

wonderful! decent pricing! great personality!

Profile Picture User5183569, 1+ year ago, 21 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down, THE BEST DJ!!! We had approximately 200 guests total, and there were never less than 50 on the dance floor at any point in time. From the first song until the last, everyone enjoyed themselves! The initial meeting with Joe Russell was very helpful and put my mind at ease; this team knows what they are doing. They also provided uplighting for our venue. THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Molly, 12/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved everything about Russell Sound Lab! Joe (the owner) is amazing and made the process so easy for us. They truly run the reception but let us go at our own pace if something was taking longer, shorter, etc. Did a great job of getting people dancing, too! Would recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Laurie, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Joe was very easy to work with and did a great job understanding the flow of our wedding and what songs we did/didn't want to have played. We had some very difficult names to pronounce and Joe nailed every single one of them. He delivered exactly what we wanted and the guests LOVED him. He does a really great job combining your wants and being adaptive to the crowd. We told Joe it was really important to us that everyone got up and danced and had fun - he made sure it happened! I highly recommend booking for your wedding!

Profile Picture Joanna, 8/29/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Excellent DJ service, just a bit disappointed in our particular DJ's choice of music for our group. We eventually had to ask him to switch the genre to Top 40 because people weren't dancing that much and he wasn't reading the audience well.... after that, no problems! So professional!

Profile Picture User4279758, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Russell Sound Lab was amazing! We adore our DJ. We had such a pleasant experience with our DJ. They were so flexible with planning appointments and were always quick to respond to questions. We had a very traditional reception, but we threw in an awesome entrance for my dad before the daddy daughter dance that included the "Stone Cold Steve Austin" theme song (it turned out so awesome) and Russell's pulled everything off without a hitch. They were very reasonably priced. They even gave us a cd after the reception that included all of our reception music on it, so it was so great to relive those moments.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Russell Sound Labs did a fantastic job at my wedding. They provided ceremony and reception music for my wedding. They met all my needs and were affordable. They were personable and always responded quickly if I needed something. If you can't think of a song you might want , don't worry they will help you out with this also. Great recommendations that will get everyone moving. The DJs are professional and have done so many weddings that everything flowed well and was on time. I appreciate Russell Sound Labs for making my wedding day a hit!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/26/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

They work very well with you to make sure your day is going to be what you want. They have several different djs in the business and the dj we had did not have our ceremony music ready in time, so we did start a little late and skipped a couple songs. But, during the reception he got out on the dance floor and danced with everyone once, which was really cool. Everything else went smoothly the rest of the night.

Profile Picture Brandi, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe did a great job for us at our Ceremony. From the inital face to face meeting to communicating over the phone about final details his service and availability to help was OUTSTANDING!!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 5/11/13, 1 Review
3.2

Joe (the owner) was fantastic to work with. However, I gave Joe a detailed list of songs that I wanted played (and not played) and the DJ that showed up did not follow that list. He played many songs (mostly line dances and slow songs) that I did not approve during my meeting with Joe. The DJ had to be told many times to "stick to the list". When I emailed them asking for the song list from that evening, I received an email stating that it would be sent but I have never received it. On a good note, the lighting was great!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/1/12, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Russell Sound Labs Inc. is actually a company I had some previous experience with before our wedding. I worked with one of the Dj's for a period of time and they would host Friday nights at the Canton Quaker Steak and Lube as well.

I specially requested Mike. I knew him personally and had seen him first hand in action. He has a very attractive voice for the ear. He also has dancing skills if you need him to get the crowd going which you DONT find with alot of lame dorky Dj's that are over aged out there. He knew how to get people involved and pumped up. He was very receptive to our requests and feedback. He was able to vibe off the crowd ( our was wild and the dance floor was slammed). He is a great guy on apersonal and professional level.

Multiple guests commented on how great our DJ was. We have been to pletny of weddings and know firsthand how a DJ can make or break a wedding. Trust me...you want Mike. Be sure to request him!

The owner, Joe, was very helpful in recommedning music and finding songs we wanted evene if he didnt have them in his database. We had a very hard song to find for our first dance. He managed it!

No cheesy out of toush Dj's here...go with Russell sound Labs Inc! They have a website and you can find them in Canton, Ohio. They will Drive to Cleveland and they are VERY affordable compared to many ofther DJ services. LIke HALF the price but double the talent!

Profile Picture ariane, 7/21/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe Russell was an AMAZING DJ who knows what he is doing and is helpful in every way. I had a pretty dramatic wedding day with bridesmaids dropping out and not showing up and Joe made the changes he needed to without so much as a sign of annoyance. I recommend Russell Sound Lab for any occasion!

Profile Picture Kati, 8/27/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amazing job, great staff! People danced all night long!

Profile Picture MARIAH, 6/4/11, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe Russell was great and played everything we asked for. The music was perfect and everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 12/31/10, 5 Reviews