Runaway Island Reviews

Runaway Island 7
  • Christina

Christina Gordon · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Perfect Beach Restaurant Reception

Currently we have only had the initial site visit/meeting with Runaway Island and we are booked for November 9th! The available space is perfect for what we were looking for. The assistant manager has been very responsive and a pleasure to work with so far.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Runaway Island's reply:

Aww it's rare that we get a review before the wedding even happens!!! Thank you so much :) So excited to work with you :)

Randi Marie · Married on 08/17/2019

The perfect venue!

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! I planned our entire wedding from Texas and Devin made it such a smooth process. She was the hero I didn't know I needed! The room was beautiful and everything we wanted for our rustic themed reception. We chose the taco bar and it was DELISH! I truly have nothing bad to say about Runaway Island. They put up with our wild crew, even when we had a sparkler incident gone wrong. Every staff member was incredibly sweet and patient with our circus the entire night. I would absolutely recommend this venue to others and I would do it all over again!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Randi,
    It was our pleasure. We hope you come to visit us in the future. All of us here at Runaway wish you both a lifetime of love and luck!
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Place to have a Rehersal Dinner

Runway Island Grill was an amazing venue for our Rehersal Dinner - they offered such great vendors to work with on helping decorate even wear to get your hair done! The attention to details on the day of were awesome, the food was great - the wait staff friendly and on top of things ... they were flexible when we changed the time of the buffet - the Audio visual things worked well ... the room itself it beautiful. Would definetly recommend them to any and all!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Runaway Island 8
    Runaway Island 9
    Runaway Island 10
    Runaway Island 11
    Runaway Island 12
    Runaway Island 13

Runaway Island's reply:

Vanessa, thank you again for using Runaway Island to host your beautiful dinner. We appreciate your kind words :)

Alleigh · Married on 05/30/2019

Incredible Experience at Runaway!

Words can’t express how incredible our experience was at Runaway Island! Susan and Devin were so flexible in working with our budget for food and made many recommendations to help fit our budget. Our guests commented that it was some of the food they’ve ever had at a wedding! the staff that was working that night were equally as stellar. Super kind and very attentive. I can say with confidence our wedding would not have been as much fun somewhere else. The atmosphere was exactly what we wanted. I did a lot of research on venues before making a final decision and you won’t find one of better value anywhere else along the coast!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Runaway Island 14
    Runaway Island 15

Alleigh,
    I am so glad you enjoyed everything! It was absolutely beautiful! Your kind words will be passed on to the staff members :) Thank you again~~Devin
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect Reception Space

We had our wedding here a couple months back and we reserved the Ballyhoo Room and the Flag Room. They are connected and were perfect for our reception space. You have beautiful views of the beach from the huge windows, the bar is very cool and adds a nice touch, and food was AMAZING! The staff were all very nice and accommodating and they helped make it the best party ever. Beautiful space, great food, great drinks.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 03/02/2019

Wonderful experience

I celebrated my wedding here on March 2, we had a beautiful beach ceremony & our reception in the Ballyhoo room. I planned my wedding from Texas so everything was done through phone or email & I just want to say it was such an easier process than I thought it would be. Eveything about the day was perfect! The staff was amazing, they were very attentive to our entire party & we had so much fun with them. The food was also really really good all of our guests were really impressed. Overall, we are very happy with our choice in choosing RI, my wedding day exceeded my expectations :)

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Runaway Island 16
    Runaway Island 17
    Runaway Island 18
    Runaway Island 19

Runaway Island's reply:

We loved having you all. Your love and fun spirit truly showed between the two of you. Planning a special day with kind people can be done no matter how far away. Best wishes! ~SV

Sarah · Married on 12/15/2018

Holiday Party Venue

We hold our annual Holiday Party at RI every year, and our staff loves it! From the food, to the décor, great service and overall atmosphere. Runaway Island will be our Holiday Party home for many years to come!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Runaway Island's reply:

Sarah, Runaway Island loves having you and your company! Its so nice to host an event with fun, happy people. We can't wait for next time!

Peggy Wilson · Married on 12/13/2018

Breeze Animal Hospital Christmas Party

We had our annual Christmas party at Runaway Island for 2018. It was absolutely outstanding. They took very good care of our Team and the food was great and prepared perfect. The atmosphere for Christmas decorations was beautiful. We would highly recommend them for any event.
    Peggy Wilson
    Hospital Manager
    Breeze Animal Hospital

Sent on 01/24/2019

Erica Perez · Married on 11/17/2018

The best wedding of all time

Our venue was so beautiful. We got married on the beach behind the venure which was very convenient as the staff was very helpful with setting up our chairs and arbor for us! Our reception followed upstairs and we used both rooms as we had lots of guests. The venue was beautiful and did not require many decorations. The staff catered to all of our needs and went above and beyond for our special day!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Runaway Island 20
    Runaway Island 21
    Runaway Island 22

Kyla · Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing Venue

So happy we chose this venue. We had the best experience using Runaway Island for our reception venue. Susan was extremely responsive and great to work with. She was always quick to answer and questions and make sure she was accomidating our needs/wants. The rest of the staff was amazing as well. I recieved so many compliments from my guests not only on the food but on the friendliness and hospitality of the staff. They also all complimented how beautiful the venue was. It's was the perfect location since I wanted a beach wedding but my husband liked the rustic look. Great staff. Great views. Great food!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Runaway Island 27
    Runaway Island 28
    Runaway Island 29

Katelyn · Married on 09/15/2018

I can't tell you enough how happy we were with our Runaway Island experience- a unique one, I'm sure.

I am a local to PCB, and my now-husband and I had our dream destination mountain wedding scheduled for the weekend in North Carolina. With the path of Hurricane Florence, however, we were forced to cancel our wedding and re-plan an entirely new wedding in PCB in just 4 days. I was recommended to call Runaway Island by a friend who does their marketing and got connected with Susan in their events department. In just a matter of hours, Susan had planned my entire wedding rehearsal after working-hours. They were able to work within my budget with a customized menu and, best of all, all we had to do was just show up. Everything was already beautifully-decorated, so there was nothing to do on our end- a huge relief for a stressed-out bride who was planning a new wedding in less than a week. When we arrived, we were in a spacious room upstairs and were helped every step of the way by their restaurant manager Devin, and by our server Tiffany. None of my guests were without drinks and they lacked nothing the entire time we were there. Not to mention, the food was delicious.

I am so impressed and relieved to have had Runaway Island step in to help me with this special time for me and my husband, and I HIGHLY recommend them for any party, big or small.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Runaway Island 30
    Runaway Island 31

Krystle · Married on 07/05/2018

It was THE. BEST. DAY. EVER. !!!!! From planning two months ahead to the last minute details everything was perfect! Susan at Runnaway Island is fantastic to deal with. The servers/bartender worked so hard to accommodate everyone to make it such a pleasurable evening.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Amanda · event on 06/03/2018

Our event coordinator was so easy to work with. All I had to do was tell her what I was looking for and she put it together. She didn't even blink when I had to change the date! The staff that supported the dinner were GREAT to work with and everyone LOVED the food!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Runaway Island's reply:

Amanda, Myself and Runaway Island very much enjoyed having you and your guest. It's easy to accommodate changes when the customer is great too. We hope to see you guys in the future for another event! -SV

Anna · Married on 05/26/2018

We loved working with Susan and the entire Runaway staff. They were all so sweet and helpful! Everything at the venue was absolutely perfect. The reception room was exactly what I wanted for my beach wedding. Also, our guest still haven't stopped talking about how great the blackened fish tacos were! Thank you rilunaway for helping have my dream wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Runaway Island 36
    Runaway Island 37
    Runaway Island 38

Pam · event on 02/03/2018

This is our second year in a row Runaway Island has hosted our employee party of about 50 - 75 people. Our employees absolutely love it there. The service was awesome; polite, professional and efficient. We allowed the employees to pick the venue. They use to always pick Boars Head. I talked them in to trying Runaway Island last year and it was unanimously voted back this year. Pretty sure they will see us again next year. THANK YOU FOR SUCH AMAZING SERVICE!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Kalyn · event on 01/13/2018

Susan was an absolute joy to plan this baby shower with! She responded to my emails promptly and professionally. When the event menu and room had to be changed last minute due to renovations she was on top of it and took care of everything for me. Michael took care of us on the day of the event and was just amazing! He was very professional and made sure everything went fluidly. He took wonderful care of our mother-to-be and we could not have asked for better. I plan on using these two for every event I have in the future!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Chris · event on 12/02/2017

The team at Runaway Island was very friendly & the food was great! It is the perfect place for any beach style event.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Lacey · Married on 11/04/2017

My wedding at Runaway Island was absolutely wonderful! Having the ceremony and the reception at the same place was very important to me, and this location was perfect. The event coordinator could not have been any better, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up correctly and everything was perfect. She met with me and answered all of my questions, and she always answered my phone calls. She was with me and walked me through it every step of the way. Runaway customized our taco bar, which was a big hit with all the guests. The food was delicious. All the staff members were so sweet, and some of the servers even sang Backstreet Boys with the bridesmaids as a last minute jam session before the ceremony started. That little detail is a memory I will never forget! And my groom's favorite part was having a tv upstairs so we could watch football. Trust me, this was very important.

Brides, if you want to have a beautiful wedding but only want to write one check for the ceremony, the reception, the chairs, everything, this is the perfect place for you!

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Runaway Island 39
    Runaway Island 40
    Runaway Island 41
    Runaway Island 42
    Runaway Island 43

Runaway Island's reply:

Lacey you and Ben were such a treat. Managers and staff still rave about your them. We all could feel the love between the two or you. Your special taco bar was a hit. Because of your request and your Moms great taste, we are adding the Cajam Pasta back to the menu. Thank you for the positive feedback!

Jazmin · Married on 11/03/2017

We love the place and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and fresh. We recommend this place!!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Mary Beth · Married on 10/14/2017

Very, very great service. We had a rehearsal dinner here and it was an incredible night. The views were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone considering this venue.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Julie · event on 10/05/2017

Runaway Island is always one of the Women's Civic Club of Panama City Beach favorite places to go to for our monthly lunch meetings. Not only do they give us a private room with a gulf view but they provide excellent food. The room is equipped with a PA system so we can conduct our business and listen to our guest speaker. Susan and her staff are very responsive to our needs and do so with graciousness and professionalism. Julie Bailey 2nd Vice President of the Women's Civic Club of Panama City Beach

Sent on 10/10/2017

Cori · Married on 09/23/2017

September 23rd 2017 My husband and I had our wedding/vow renewal. Runaway Island was the absolute best! Everyone we spoke with and that worked with us throughout this whole process has been amazing! The stuff was very sweet and we felt like they were apart of the family. Drinks and food was delicious and fresh. I would highly recommend Runaway Island for any wedding. Loved it

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Runaway Island 44

Jacob · Married on 08/19/2017

Runaway Island did an EXCELLENT job in helping us plan for the wedding day and delivering perfect venues for our ceremony and receptions! Their staff members were professional, helpful, and very friendly! The food was phenomenal as always, and all of our guests were impressed with the reception accommodations! I would highly recommend Runaway Island to anyone looking for an affordable beach wedding experience!

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • W

Wayne · event on 06/07/2017

Everyone was very pleasant to work with and they were sensitive to our needs. The bartenders were super nice and very knowledgeable and friendly. We are booking again for next year.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Haley · Married on 12/17/2016

Retirement Party

We had my husband’s retirement party at Runaway and I couldn’t be for pleased! The staff was super accommodating and the food was fabulous, but it’s the venue that made our event. It’s a beautiful rustic room with a fantastic vibe. Loved everything about this location.

Sent on 01/23/2019