Runaway Island Reviews

Runaway Island 5
Runaway Island 6
Runaway Island 7

Krystle · Married on 07/05/2018

It was THE. BEST. DAY. EVER. !!!!! From planning two months ahead to the last minute details everything was perfect! Susan at Runnaway Island is fantastic to deal with. The servers/bartender worked so hard to accommodate everyone to make it such a pleasurable evening.

Anna · Married on 05/26/2018

We loved working with Susan and the entire Runaway staff. They were all so sweet and helpful! Everything at the venue was absolutely perfect. The reception room was exactly what I wanted for my beach wedding. Also, our guest still haven't stopped talking about how great the blackened fish tacos were! Thank you rilunaway for helping have my dream wedding!

Runaway Island 10
    Runaway Island 11
    Runaway Island 12
    Runaway Island 13
    Runaway Island 14
    Runaway Island 15
    Runaway Island 16

Lacey · Married on 11/04/2017

My wedding at Runaway Island was absolutely wonderful! Having the ceremony and the reception at the same place was very important to me, and this location was perfect. The event coordinator could not have been any better, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up correctly and everything was perfect. She met with me and answered all of my questions, and she always answered my phone calls. She was with me and walked me through it every step of the way. Runaway customized our taco bar, which was a big hit with all the guests. The food was delicious. All the staff members were so sweet, and some of the servers even sang Backstreet Boys with the bridesmaids as a last minute jam session before the ceremony started. That little detail is a memory I will never forget! And my groom's favorite part was having a tv upstairs so we could watch football. Trust me, this was very important.

Brides, if you want to have a beautiful wedding but only want to write one check for the ceremony, the reception, the chairs, everything, this is the perfect place for you!

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Runaway Island 17
    Runaway Island 18
    Runaway Island 19
    Runaway Island 20
    Runaway Island 21

Runaway Island's reply:

Lacey you and Ben were such a treat. Managers and staff still rave about your them. We all could feel the love between the two or you. Your special taco bar was a hit. Because of your request and your Moms great taste, we are adding the Cajam Pasta back to the menu. Thank you for the positive feedback!

Jazmin · Married on 11/03/2017

We love the place and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and fresh. We recommend this place!!!

Mary Beth · Married on 10/14/2017

Very, very great service. We had a rehearsal dinner here and it was an incredible night. The views were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone considering this venue.

Cori · Married on 09/23/2017

September 23rd 2017 My husband and I had our wedding/vow renewal. Runaway Island was the absolute best! Everyone we spoke with and that worked with us throughout this whole process has been amazing! The stuff was very sweet and we felt like they were apart of the family. Drinks and food was delicious and fresh. I would highly recommend Runaway Island for any wedding. Loved it

Runaway Island 22

Jacob · Married on 08/19/2017

Runaway Island did an EXCELLENT job in helping us plan for the wedding day and delivering perfect venues for our ceremony and receptions! Their staff members were professional, helpful, and very friendly! The food was phenomenal as always, and all of our guests were impressed with the reception accommodations! I would highly recommend Runaway Island to anyone looking for an affordable beach wedding experience!

Josie · Married on 11/11/2015

Runaway Island was the perfect place for our reception. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Tammy · Married on 08/12/2014

Amazing food and the perfect setup for an after wedding dinner. The place was beautiful and right on the beach!

• W

Wayne · event on: 06/07/2017

Everyone was very pleasant to work with and they were sensitive to our needs. The bartenders were super nice and very knowledgeable and friendly. We are booking again for next year.

Julie · event on: 10/05/2017

Runaway Island is always one of the Women's Civic Club of Panama City Beach favorite places to go to for our monthly lunch meetings. Not only do they give us a private room with a gulf view but they provide excellent food. The room is equipped with a PA system so we can conduct our business and listen to our guest speaker. Susan and her staff are very responsive to our needs and do so with graciousness and professionalism. Julie Bailey 2nd Vice President of the Women's Civic Club of Panama City Beach

Chris · event on: 12/02/2017

The team at Runaway Island was very friendly & the food was great! It is the perfect place for any beach style event.

Kalyn · event on: 01/13/2018

Susan was an absolute joy to plan this baby shower with! She responded to my emails promptly and professionally. When the event menu and room had to be changed last minute due to renovations she was on top of it and took care of everything for me. Michael took care of us on the day of the event and was just amazing! He was very professional and made sure everything went fluidly. He took wonderful care of our mother-to-be and we could not have asked for better. I plan on using these two for every event I have in the future!

Pam · event on: 02/03/2018

This is our second year in a row Runaway Island has hosted our employee party of about 50 - 75 people. Our employees absolutely love it there. The service was awesome; polite, professional and efficient. We allowed the employees to pick the venue. They use to always pick Boars Head. I talked them in to trying Runaway Island last year and it was unanimously voted back this year. Pretty sure they will see us again next year. THANK YOU FOR SUCH AMAZING SERVICE!

Amanda · event on: 06/03/2018

Our event coordinator was so easy to work with. All I had to do was tell her what I was looking for and she put it together. She didn't even blink when I had to change the date! The staff that supported the dinner were GREAT to work with and everyone LOVED the food!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Runaway Island's reply:

Amanda, Myself and Runaway Island very much enjoyed having you and your guest. It's easy to accommodate changes when the customer is great too. We hope to see you guys in the future for another event! -SV

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Runaway Island. We are from up north and couldn't come down to see the venue in person before the wedding. When we arrived, Runaway exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect and we LOVED the flag room. We comfortably fit all our guests and had room for a dance floor. The view from the room was beautiful and our guests raved about the venue. They also really enjoyed the appetizers and service. Also, I cannot say enough good things about Susan, the event coordinator. She was accessible and prompt in responses. She immediately made me feel comfortable and was genuinely nice to everyone in my wedding party. I would highly recommend Runaway for weddings.

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Runaway Island 23
    Runaway Island 24
    Runaway Island 25
    Runaway Island 26

Runaway Island's reply:

Amanda! We all so enjoyed having you celebrate your special day with us. You and your family were so sweet. It makes it easy to plan when the guests are so gracious as well. All of us at Runaway Island wish you a lifetime of love and joy. Hope to see you in the future! -SV

Ann · Married on 05/05/2018

Runaway Island is our new favorite restaurant in Panama City Beach. We had our wedding reception there and it was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect night. Price wise it wasn't bad at all! We definitely recommend runaway Island for a party or reception in the future. Oh and if you do go to just the restaurant try the crab dip it's amazing!

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Runaway Island 31
    Runaway Island 32
    Runaway Island 33

Runaway Island's reply:

Ann and Matt, it was such a pleasure to have you. You, your family and guest were so much fun. The Sweet Annie Champagne signature was a hit even with other dining guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
  • User4161901 · 2+ years ago

The service was great and the food tasted amazing! We reserved the room upstairs for ourselves. It was right on the beach with a great location to watch the sunset. They offered to play my own music and they hooked up my iphone to the speakers. The employees went above and beyond to make sure everything went well. They allowed us to take the leftover food home with us which was a nice gesture.

Brandy · Married on 05/27/2018

The staff was amazing and so was the food !

Sent on 06/05/2018

Runaway Island's reply:

Thanks, Brandy so much! We are so happy for you a Justin. Everyone at Runaway Island sends you best wishes!

Chelsey · Married on 11/07/2015

Runaway Island was an awesome location for our wedding reception. We had ours out on the deck. The staff was very attentive and super nice and accommodating. They really made our special day run smoothly and they helped make it great.

Shannon · Married on 04/07/2018

3.5

Runaway Island is a beautiful and fantastic spot for a rehearsal dinner in Panama City Beach. The coordinator was extremely professional during the entire process and they were very flexible developing a great night!

Now, the evening and rehearsal dinner itself... WOW! Definitely was a highlight of the entire wedding weekend. We rented out the Ballyhoo Room, which fits twice the amount of people from our wedding party (70) and was spacious to say the least. The lighting, the set up, and the service made everything go really smoothly, allowing more fun to be had just spending time with friends and family. The staff were extremely friendly and hospitable, providing a delicious buffet service and expert bartenders for the open bar. Runaway Island is very amazing for a rehearsal dinner, but it is expensive, so keep that in mind when looking for a spot.

Thanks again to the people over at Runaway Island!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Runaway Island's reply:

Shannon, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. You are right the Ballyhoo is a beautiful space to host an event. With the open concept right on the beach with the amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico, it's hard to beat. Working with you and your family was so special and a lot of fun. We hope to see you in the future. Best wishes, from the entire Runaway Staff.

Britney · Married on 10/28/2017

3.5

Up until the day of the wedding there was very minimal communication from the event coordinator. However, the staff on site on the day of my wedding was absolutely phenomenal! The service team that worked the food and bar were so great and helpful to me as the bride but also to my guests. The manager on duty helped us tremendously when we found out we would have to have our ceremony inside instead of out back on the beach. They made my day a breeze and I couldn’t be more thankful for that!

Runaway Island 34
    Runaway Island 35
    Runaway Island 36

Kristen · Married on 08/25/2018

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

We LOVE the Runaway so much that we decided to get married there (8.25.18)! We had a beach ceremony with our reception to follow in the Ballyhoo room. The venue was PERFECT! The staff was extraordinary! The food was delicious! Our guests are still raving about the grouper scampi and mashed potatoes. Matt, the general manager, is AWESOME! We ended up dealing mostly with him as we had a few hiccups with Susan the event coordinator. I'd recommend communicating with Matt to avoid mistakes, outdated information, and most importantly the hassle of dealing with Susan.

Just a small note about Susan, she is the event coordinator at Runaway yet she does not work any of her events. This was unsettling for us to hear as any event (wedding or not) should have the main point of contact there working the event should anything go wrong. We hired a day of coordinator for our wedding for this reason.

Lastly, I want to mention that Matt went above-and-beyond helping us have our dream wedding from setting up our unique beach ceremony seating to removing all the existing tables in Runaway and bringing in round tables for our day! We started off rough with Susan, but Matt was AMAZING and the venue speaks for itself! THANK YOU staff, bartender, Chef, and Matt for all that you did! Our wedding was a success because of YOU ALL!