Runaway Island Reviews

Runaway Island 7
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 03/02/2019

Wonderful experience

I celebrated my wedding here on March 2, we had a beautiful beach ceremony & our reception in the Ballyhoo room. I planned my wedding from Texas so everything was done through phone or email & I just want to say it was such an easier process than I thought it would be. Eveything about the day was perfect! The staff was amazing, they were very attentive to our entire party & we had so much fun with them. The food was also really really good all of our guests were really impressed. Overall, we are very happy with our choice in choosing RI, my wedding day exceeded my expectations :)

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Runaway Island 10
    Runaway Island 11
    Runaway Island 12
    Runaway Island 13

Sarah · Married on 12/15/2018

Holiday Party Venue

We hold our annual Holiday Party at RI every year, and our staff loves it! From the food, to the décor, great service and overall atmosphere. Runaway Island will be our Holiday Party home for many years to come!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Runaway Island's reply:

Sarah, Runaway Island loves having you and your company! Its so nice to host an event with fun, happy people. We can't wait for next time!

Peggy Wilson · Married on 12/13/2018

Breeze Animal Hospital Christmas Party

We had our annual Christmas party at Runaway Island for 2018. It was absolutely outstanding. They took very good care of our Team and the food was great and prepared perfect. The atmosphere for Christmas decorations was beautiful. We would highly recommend them for any event.
    Peggy Wilson
    Hospital Manager
    Breeze Animal Hospital

Sent on 01/24/2019

Erica Perez · Married on 11/17/2018

The best wedding of all time

Our venue was so beautiful. We got married on the beach behind the venure which was very convenient as the staff was very helpful with setting up our chairs and arbor for us! Our reception followed upstairs and we used both rooms as we had lots of guests. The venue was beautiful and did not require many decorations. The staff catered to all of our needs and went above and beyond for our special day!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Runaway Island 14
    Runaway Island 15
    Runaway Island 16

Kyla · Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing Venue

So happy we chose this venue. We had the best experience using Runaway Island for our reception venue. Susan was extremely responsive and great to work with. She was always quick to answer and questions and make sure she was accomidating our needs/wants. The rest of the staff was amazing as well. I recieved so many compliments from my guests not only on the food but on the friendliness and hospitality of the staff. They also all complimented how beautiful the venue was. It's was the perfect location since I wanted a beach wedding but my husband liked the rustic look. Great staff. Great views. Great food!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Runaway Island 21
    Runaway Island 22
    Runaway Island 23

Krystle · Married on 07/05/2018

It was THE. BEST. DAY. EVER. !!!!! From planning two months ahead to the last minute details everything was perfect! Susan at Runnaway Island is fantastic to deal with. The servers/bartender worked so hard to accommodate everyone to make it such a pleasurable evening.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Amanda · event on 06/03/2018

Our event coordinator was so easy to work with. All I had to do was tell her what I was looking for and she put it together. She didn't even blink when I had to change the date! The staff that supported the dinner were GREAT to work with and everyone LOVED the food!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Runaway Island's reply:

Amanda, Myself and Runaway Island very much enjoyed having you and your guest. It's easy to accommodate changes when the customer is great too. We hope to see you guys in the future for another event! -SV

Anna · Married on 05/26/2018

We loved working with Susan and the entire Runaway staff. They were all so sweet and helpful! Everything at the venue was absolutely perfect. The reception room was exactly what I wanted for my beach wedding. Also, our guest still haven't stopped talking about how great the blackened fish tacos were! Thank you rilunaway for helping have my dream wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Runaway Island 28
    Runaway Island 29
    Runaway Island 30

Pam · event on 02/03/2018

This is our second year in a row Runaway Island has hosted our employee party of about 50 - 75 people. Our employees absolutely love it there. The service was awesome; polite, professional and efficient. We allowed the employees to pick the venue. They use to always pick Boars Head. I talked them in to trying Runaway Island last year and it was unanimously voted back this year. Pretty sure they will see us again next year. THANK YOU FOR SUCH AMAZING SERVICE!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Kalyn · event on 01/13/2018

Susan was an absolute joy to plan this baby shower with! She responded to my emails promptly and professionally. When the event menu and room had to be changed last minute due to renovations she was on top of it and took care of everything for me. Michael took care of us on the day of the event and was just amazing! He was very professional and made sure everything went fluidly. He took wonderful care of our mother-to-be and we could not have asked for better. I plan on using these two for every event I have in the future!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Chris · event on 12/02/2017

The team at Runaway Island was very friendly & the food was great! It is the perfect place for any beach style event.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Lacey · Married on 11/04/2017

My wedding at Runaway Island was absolutely wonderful! Having the ceremony and the reception at the same place was very important to me, and this location was perfect. The event coordinator could not have been any better, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up correctly and everything was perfect. She met with me and answered all of my questions, and she always answered my phone calls. She was with me and walked me through it every step of the way. Runaway customized our taco bar, which was a big hit with all the guests. The food was delicious. All the staff members were so sweet, and some of the servers even sang Backstreet Boys with the bridesmaids as a last minute jam session before the ceremony started. That little detail is a memory I will never forget! And my groom's favorite part was having a tv upstairs so we could watch football. Trust me, this was very important.

Brides, if you want to have a beautiful wedding but only want to write one check for the ceremony, the reception, the chairs, everything, this is the perfect place for you!

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Runaway Island 31
    Runaway Island 32
    Runaway Island 33
    Runaway Island 34
    Runaway Island 35

Runaway Island's reply:

Lacey you and Ben were such a treat. Managers and staff still rave about your them. We all could feel the love between the two or you. Your special taco bar was a hit. Because of your request and your Moms great taste, we are adding the Cajam Pasta back to the menu. Thank you for the positive feedback!

Jazmin · Married on 11/03/2017

We love the place and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and fresh. We recommend this place!!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Mary Beth · Married on 10/14/2017

Very, very great service. We had a rehearsal dinner here and it was an incredible night. The views were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone considering this venue.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Julie · event on 10/05/2017

Runaway Island is always one of the Women's Civic Club of Panama City Beach favorite places to go to for our monthly lunch meetings. Not only do they give us a private room with a gulf view but they provide excellent food. The room is equipped with a PA system so we can conduct our business and listen to our guest speaker. Susan and her staff are very responsive to our needs and do so with graciousness and professionalism. Julie Bailey 2nd Vice President of the Women's Civic Club of Panama City Beach

Sent on 10/10/2017

Cori · Married on 09/23/2017

September 23rd 2017 My husband and I had our wedding/vow renewal. Runaway Island was the absolute best! Everyone we spoke with and that worked with us throughout this whole process has been amazing! The stuff was very sweet and we felt like they were apart of the family. Drinks and food was delicious and fresh. I would highly recommend Runaway Island for any wedding. Loved it

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Runaway Island 36

Jacob · Married on 08/19/2017

Runaway Island did an EXCELLENT job in helping us plan for the wedding day and delivering perfect venues for our ceremony and receptions! Their staff members were professional, helpful, and very friendly! The food was phenomenal as always, and all of our guests were impressed with the reception accommodations! I would highly recommend Runaway Island to anyone looking for an affordable beach wedding experience!

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • W

Wayne · event on 06/07/2017

Everyone was very pleasant to work with and they were sensitive to our needs. The bartenders were super nice and very knowledgeable and friendly. We are booking again for next year.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Haley · Married on 12/17/2016

Retirement Party

We had my husband’s retirement party at Runaway and I couldn’t be for pleased! The staff was super accommodating and the food was fabulous, but it’s the venue that made our event. It’s a beautiful rustic room with a fantastic vibe. Loved everything about this location.

Sent on 01/23/2019
    Runaway Island 37
    Runaway Island 38
    Runaway Island 39
    Runaway Island 40

Josie · Married on 11/11/2015

Runaway Island was the perfect place for our reception. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Tammy · Married on 08/12/2014

Amazing food and the perfect setup for an after wedding dinner. The place was beautiful and right on the beach!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Runaway Island. We are from up north and couldn't come down to see the venue in person before the wedding. When we arrived, Runaway exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect and we LOVED the flag room. We comfortably fit all our guests and had room for a dance floor. The view from the room was beautiful and our guests raved about the venue. They also really enjoyed the appetizers and service. Also, I cannot say enough good things about Susan, the event coordinator. She was accessible and prompt in responses. She immediately made me feel comfortable and was genuinely nice to everyone in my wedding party. I would highly recommend Runaway for weddings.

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Runaway Island 41
    Runaway Island 42
    Runaway Island 43
    Runaway Island 44

Runaway Island's reply:

Amanda! We all so enjoyed having you celebrate your special day with us. You and your family were so sweet. It makes it easy to plan when the guests are so gracious as well. All of us at Runaway Island wish you a lifetime of love and joy. Hope to see you in the future! -SV

Ann · Married on 05/05/2018

Runaway Island is our new favorite restaurant in Panama City Beach. We had our wedding reception there and it was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect night. Price wise it wasn't bad at all! We definitely recommend runaway Island for a party or reception in the future. Oh and if you do go to just the restaurant try the crab dip it's amazing!

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Runaway Island 49
    Runaway Island 50
    Runaway Island 51

Runaway Island's reply:

Ann and Matt, it was such a pleasure to have you. You, your family and guest were so much fun. The Sweet Annie Champagne signature was a hit even with other dining guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
  • User4161901 · 2+ years ago

The service was great and the food tasted amazing! We reserved the room upstairs for ourselves. It was right on the beach with a great location to watch the sunset. They offered to play my own music and they hooked up my iphone to the speakers. The employees went above and beyond to make sure everything went well. They allowed us to take the leftover food home with us which was a nice gesture.

Sent on 11/09/2014