Run to an Elopement Reviews

41 | Columbus, OH

41 Reviews for Run to an Elopement

41 Run to an Elopement Reviews

Megan · Getting married on 08/31/2019

I honestly don’t think I could have found a more perfect officiant! Windi was everything we could have hoped for and more. From taking our somewhat last minute request to do a short and sweet ceremony in the park with parents, siblings, and grandparents (we contacted her three or so weeks before we actually planned to have the ceremony!) to being helpful with ANY and all questions along the way, she was absolutely perfect. Her personality meshed really well with ours and she totally understood the vibe we wanted to have at our ceremony.

Windi met with us prior to the ceremony to get down all of the details and set expectations. We opted to write our own vows, so once we submitted them to her she promptly sent back the ceremony “script” for our review. We loved it and had no changes to request! During the initial meeting she asked us a lot of questions to figure out who we were as a couple and individuals to make sure that the ceremony she wrote for us would fit us just right, and I think she did so excellently. Windi also offered some other really great services that my Husband and I opted not to use, but I think would be extremely valuable to many people (a sort of pre-marriage counseling type of thing, etc.).

My husband and I were originally planning to have our large-scale wedding in late summer of 2019 - but opted to get married this year with just our closest family for a number of reasons. We loved working with her so much that we are hoping that we can have her perform our Renewal of the Vows (approximately around our 1-year marriage anniversary) at our Reception we are planning to host for all friends and family next year (when our original wedding was planned for). I cannot recommend her enough - whether you opt to have a big wedding or a small and intimate wedding, I think Windi would be absolutely perfect. Thank you so much, Windi, for helping our special day go absolutely splendidly!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Megan, Thank you so much for choosing me to be part of your wedding story! I really appreciate your kind words and enjoyed being witness to the next chapter in you and Michael's adventures. I can't to see you again soon! Let's renew your vows in a year...OK?!

Courtney · Married on 11/10/2018

Windi was an invaluable part of our wedding team! I reach out to her two days before we were hoping to tie the knot and she not only worked us in, but made it feel like it was at no inconvenience to her even though I knew good and well that it was. She got back to us nearly immediately in every part of the process including having our ceremony drafted. The lady must not sleep! On top of being available for every single one of my crazy “I give up we are eloping” bride shut down, Windi heard my “well I kind of want this but also that and this” and used it to choose a perfect location for us... which happened to mean standing outside in below freezing temperatures after the sun had set. While I’m not planning on having to get married again, I wouldn’t hesitate to use Windi for a vow renewal and I definitely won’t hesitate to reccomend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Run to an Elopement 1
    Run to an Elopement 2

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Courtney, I can't believe how beautiful your elopement was. Thanks for sharing these photo's and I really appreciate you kind words. It was my pleasure to serve you both --- even if it was "short notice." I'm so glad to share the experience with you.

Beau Rush · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible!

Windi was amazing! From our first consultation through the ceremony she was attentive and caring. She provided guidance and listened to what was important to us. She made sure to make our ceremony personal. Her knowledge in different traditions is impressive to say the least. We highly recommend Run to an Elopement!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

You and Marisa were so much fun to work with. I am so happy that you chose me to officiate your wedding. Adding a handfasting to your ceremony was a special treat. Much love to you both.

Nathan B Rawlins · Married on 10/27/2018

Blessed to have this company

I had an amazing experience with this company. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Nathan, Thanks for choosing me to officiate your elopement! Wishing you and your bride all of the best!

Andy · Married on 07/27/2018

WIndi was extremely helpful with the ceremony and planning. We met with her before the ceremony and she reviewed all of the relevant details with us. We had some hesitation finding a wedding officiant due to being a same-sex couple. Windi put our minds at ease and she even provided the ceremony for review so we could give input/make suggestions/changes. One of our favorite parts of the process was Windi taking a few minutes with us to meditate before the ceremony. It sounded a little weird but it helped both of us to calm our nerves. Windi was incredibly responsive and used different channels of communication which worked well for us. For example, my gmail put Winii's e-mails in a spam folder. Windi texted us and that helped us to learn there was an issue with receiving communication from her. We couldn't have been happier to have Windi join us for the day. She even helped take a few pictures for us before the ceremony.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Andy, Thank you for your kind words! It was such a pleasure serving you and Dan on your wedding day. The weather was perfect and your families were fun to connect with. Thanks for choosing me!

Amy · Married on 06/09/2018

I contacted Windi with 3 weeks to plan. She was professional prompt,& so sweet. Amazing !

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Amy, Thanks for the awesome review. I'm so glad your wedding day was dry! That rain had us stressin'! Thanks for allowing me to be part of your beautiful celebration.

Gabrielle · Married on 06/05/2018

Windi is amazing. She made my day go so smoothly and helped me with everything I needed. Her communication was outstanding, as every time I messaged her she responded within a few hours but usually sooner. She was even amazing company on my special day.

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Gabi, You were a stunning bride. I really enjoyed being part of your wedding day. Thank you for allowing me to be present.

Sam · Married on 06/02/2018

Windi was a wonderful officiant! We knew right away after our first meeting with her that she was the right person for our special day. She was very accommodating when we decided to move our wedding up several months, and from traditional to very small and unique. She even helped us choose a location! While we were probably less than ideal to work with due to these major changes and our indecisiveness, she always did her best to make sure we were happy - our wants and needs were always first, and she worked with a smile!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Run to an Elopement 3

Run to an Elopement's reply:

You were the ideal couple! Don't ever think differently. I really enjoyed working with you and providing you with the love and care you deserved. Best Wishes.

Nicole · Married on 06/01/2018

Windi was wonderful! We were so lucky to have her share in our special day. Her thoughtfulness, kindness and respect for the moment was evident. Thanks, Windi!

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Nicole, I'm so glad you found me. Your elopement was truly special. I wish you and Tim many years of love.

Jo · Married on 05/12/2018

Windi was a complete pleasure to work with. She was totally there for us before, during, and after the ceremony. We received so many compliments about the ceremony she put together. Could not have been more perfect for us. She is now part of our family! Would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Run to an Elopement 4
    Run to an Elopement 5
    Run to an Elopement 6

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Jo, I'm so glad you found me and I had such a great time serving you on your magical day. Can't wait to make more memories with you two!

Asha · Married on 05/05/2018

Windi was great with arranging specifically a ceremony for us that mixed my indian culture and my husband’s Christian background in a way that flowed really well. She also helped arrange some things before and after the ceremony and helped kick my wedding party’s butt in line if they got rowdy! She was the best.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

LOL! I don't know how much butt kicking happened-- but I did have a lot of fun with you and your friends. I really enjoyed spending the day with you and your families. Such a beautiful celebration.

Jodi · Married on 04/12/2018

Wendi was the perfect Officiant for our private ceremony. Wendi is welcoming, organized and professional and walked us through how to plan and write our vows. She provided guidance and flexibility in our vows and provided a quiet time the day of the wedding, right before we began our ceremony, that really helped us to relax and bring our focus to each other and pledging our commitment and love together. I recommend Wendi to everyone.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Jodi, It was such a beautiful day at the Park of Roses. I really appreciate you choosing me to be part of your elopement! Lucky for us--- no one blew away. (HA!)

Tanisha · Married on 04/08/2018

I not only gain a husband but I gain a friend. I can't put into words the experience I had with Windi. Just meeting here was a ray of sunshine. The grace and professionalism she showed on my wedding day due to crazy wedding traffic I was in getting to the venue. She hosted my guest and acted as a wedding coordinator. The attention to detail and providing us with exactly what we wanted for our non-traditional wedding. Thank you for helping to make the best day of my life the best one.

Sent on 06/24/2018
    Run to an Elopement 7
    Run to an Elopement 8
    Run to an Elopement 9
    Run to an Elopement 10

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Tanisha, Let me first say how beautiful you looked! Simply stunning. It was a my pleasure to serve you and Brandon. You have a beautiful family and a strong foundation. Blessings!

Jamie · Married on 03/24/2018

Windi was absolutely fantastic! She was the best decision we made surrounding pertaining to our wedding. We were more than pleased with everything she did before, during and after our ceremony. She wrote a beautiful ceremony, and included our own vows we read to one another. Windi has such a calming presence, which is great when you're nervous and excited! We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Jamie, Your black dress was stunning and I loved everything about your day! Thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure serving you.

David · Married on 03/10/2018

Windi was an absolute godsend! From the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew she was the one. She is warm and personable and sincere. She is more than an officiant. She became a friend and a guide in the months leading up to the wedding. She went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. She was grounded in the practical logistical side as well as the spiritual side (This became especially helpful when there was a slight seating snafu and Windi knew exactly how to handle it - and she did). Right before the ceremony, Windi centered us with a meditation moment which was so helpful. She wrote the most beautiful and personalized ceremony for us - our wedding guests keep commenting how moving the ceremony was. We can’t imagine our special day without her. When we look back at the pictures of our day and see Windi in them, we feel so blessed that she was a part of it all.

Run to an Elopement 11
    Run to an Elopement 12
    Run to an Elopement 13
    Run to an Elopement 14

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved our experience with Windi! Very responsive & made us feel very welcomed.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Such a beautiful day! Thank you for your kind words. Blessings to you both!

Hanna · Married on 09/30/2017

I could not have ANYTHING negative to say about Windi. She is not only a remarkable and loving human being but also a true professional. She works with love in her heart and compassion for bringing two souls together.

She was so easy to work with, flexible with my needs, and a blast overall!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Run to an Elopement 15

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Hanna, I really enjoyed serving you and Kyle on your special day. Everything was just PERFECT! So much love between the two of you. Thanks for the kind words.

Allison · Married on 09/03/2017

We couldn't have chosen a more wonderful human being to marry us. Her service was impeccable, but more importantly, she was remarkably warm, inviting, caring, and genuine. We will remember Windi forever. xoxo

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Run to an Elopement 16

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Allison! Thank you so much for your thoughtful words. I really enjoyed being part of your day-- you looked gorgeous and your guests were great. It was an pleasure to serve you.

Sarah · Married on 08/24/2017

Windi was amazing and I can't recommend her highly enough!

We had to organize our wedding from out of state, and we thought it would be more difficult, but it was so easy. Windi was just wonderful from our first conversation with her. She helped us plan a ceremony that was perfect for us-- from the big things like having a tree planting ceremony and writing our own vows to the tiniest details like our preference on some of the wording in specifics parts of the ceremony. Her attention to details made it all so wonderful and meaningful. She also had ideas when we weren't sure what we wanted. For example, i knew I didn't want a lot of the usual traditions, and she had ideas for how we could subtly avoid those and do things our way. She was helpful every step of the way.

She is so kind and down to earth and she kept us calm and focused the entire time. I could not have asked for a better person to lead us through that day!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Sarah, I am so glad you and Brian found me! It was my pleasure to serve you both on your magical day. I really enjoyed your families and the weather was PERFECT.

Kristina · Married on 08/05/2017

Windi was absolutely amazing! She was incredibly prompt with all responses and very helpful in creating a ceremony that reflected the values of my husband and I. She was very helpful in suggesting readings and ideas as we wrote our own vows. We had so many compliments on how nice and meaningful our ceremony was. It was absolutely wonderful and I would recommend Windi to anyone who is looking for a personalized wedding ceremony! Plus she's super fun to work with!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Kristina, I just loved everything about your wedding day! Your bridal party was so much fun to work with. Your beautiful fur babies nailed it with their grand entrance. And your family was just amazing and so supportive. Thanks again for choosing me to perform your ceremony.

Amy · Married on 07/08/2017

Windi was very helpful...she stayed in contact with us in the months leading up to the wedding and answered my questions right away. She also worked with me to write a beautiful ceremony, and was flexible with our plans which involved meeting at the trailhead and hiking down by Old Man's Cave in Hocking HIlls for the ceremony. Thank you Windi!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Amy, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was so much fun being part of your outdoor elopement. It was a pleasure to serve you and Erin on your wedding day!

Joshua · Married on 07/07/2017

Windi - Thank you for doing such a wonderful job officiating our wedding. You were absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

The pleasure was all mine! You and Brandy were so much fun to work with! Thanks again for choosing Run to an Elopement for your officiating needs.

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2017

Windi is amazing. She went above and beyond our expectations.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Melissa I had so much fun with you and J.J. on your special day! Thank you for your kind words.

Meghan · Married on 06/03/2017

Windi's passion, work ethic and professionalism are unparalleled. She will orchestrate a flawless ceremony while giving all of her love and attention to her couples' needs and concerns. She did magic behind the scenes that I didn't even know about until weeks later. In addition to crafting the perfect ceremony, she held my hand and dried my tears. Windi is so much more than an officiant. She was my support, my guide, my counselor. She will do whatever she can to make the day perfect and stress free. I am forever grateful for her.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Run to an Elopement's reply:

Oh Meghan. It was a my honor to serve you and your family on your wedding day. You are a beautiful lady inside and out. I am so happy you are part of my life.