Rumbling Bald Resort Reviews

50 Reviews for Rumbling Bald Resort

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2018

Great wedding venue!!

Absolutely the most beautiful wedding venue. A mix between water (lake lure) and mountains makes for a beautiful location. The terrace for the reception offers coverage but still allows for beautiful views. Guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to, highly recommend. Paula is great to work with as well, very responsive to questions. Food was delicious as well!!

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

Rumbling Bald Resort and their staff were fantastic! From the very beginning stages of our wedding until the actual day of our wedding everything went perfectly and even better than we could have ever imagined. We weren't sure what to expect as this was a destination wedding and all the planning was going to have to be done from an hour or so away, but, Kathy and her team made it so incredibly easy and fun for us! Kathy was also someone you could count on to hear back from within a few hours, even on her days off! Also, even when last minute decisions had to be made (because of rain) there was never a problem and everything was handled with perfection. I have never been so happy to write a review for such an awesome team. It is very rare that you find people as hard working and who genuinely care about your wedding (almost as much as you do). I want to take a moment to thank them all for everything they have done for us, we will never forget our wedding and it was all because Kathy, Doug and Matt were just that great! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding the best day of our lives, we will be back again to visit soon!

Mary Ann · Married on 09/09/2016

The moment we walked out on the lakeview terrace at Rumbling Bald, my fiance and I were in love with it! There was never a moments doubt that we had discovered the perfect venue to be married. The setting is amazing- so beautiful and peaceful. The amenities were easy to access and offered our weekend guests plenty of options for housing and activities. The resort and its staff were all very attentive and took care of all my needs. All my questions were answered quickly and all requests were granted including special parking for my photo bus, additions to the menu, even providing a microphone at the reception to provide an even better end to the perfect day! The food was delicious and I will definitely be back to eat at the restaurant! There is absolutely nothing I would change about Rumbling Bald!
    ***Best bridal suite with plenty of room for all the wedding party to get ready together- only a few steps from the gazebo!! This place is a must see. It was absolutely perfect for my family and friends to be there in one spot with me getting my hair and makeup done while they also got ready. Stocked mini fridge, floor to ceiling mirrors, plenty of lighted makeup stations, steamer provided- seriously they thought of everything!!

Tiffany · Married on 08/08/2016

I'm a little OCD and wanted to plan my own wedding. Kathy was extremely patient with me. Answered all my questions promptly and always friendly. Love the positive vibe around the place. Scenery and staff was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for a day we'll never forget!

Allison · Married on 06/18/2016

Dream Wedding Venue! My husband and I had family come from all over and wanted something that could accommodate everyone, and this was it! We wanted the lake, mountains and beach which they had it all! On top of all of that, the staff at RBR was so accommodating to make it our special day, by even allowing us to have a beach ceremony, which was their first time ever allowing that. It couldn't have been more perfect for us!!!

Kris · Married on 06/06/2016

My only recommendation would be that upon check-in, a printed itinerary be included with the package of information along with specific instructions on how to get to where the wedding events are located (driving and walking). There were so many questions about what time and where people should be, that info would have helped.

We all wanted you to know that the service we received from Matt (catering), Jesse (bartender) and Bri (wedding day contact and our waitress on 6/9) was outstanding. They took care of us like we were family. It was very much appreciated.

The food (Legends, rehearsal dinner, reception, Lake View restaurant) was fabulous, the pool and volleyball were great, the boating and paddle boarding were fun and the golf was awesome.

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

A perfect place to get married! It's beautiful all year round! The golf was perfect, putt putt was fun and the Rumbling Bald Spa was amazing. Kathy Dinatali was so helpful, easy to talk to, answered all questions in a timely manner and was on top of everything! Matt Davis was in charge on the day of the wedding and we could not compliment him enough. He is organized, on point and made the day run seamlessly. We were impressed by the service staff and clean up/set up crew. They did a perfect job as well.

Kathy · Married on 10/24/2015

My daughter's wedding at Rumbling Bald Resort was a fairytale wedding. The staff (especially Maria) is amazing, the mountain location is beautiful and the food is amazing. We had appetizers, a buffet and added a prime rib carving station. We choose this location because all our guests stayed in the resort and we spent the entire long weekend together. I would definitely recommend Rumbling Bald Resort for a destination wedding.

Leslie · Married on 10/11/2015

Where can I start??? Rumbling Bald Resort was the location of our dream wedding ceremony and reception on 10/11/2015. My husband and I had the greatest wedding weekend that we could have possibly had. From the start with my initial contact with Kathy DiNatali, I knew that I was in good hands. Kathy DiNatali is your main resource in setting up all of your event details while the banquet managers, Kathy Goode and Maria Ordaz execute your event. Most of my communications were through email in which everyone was prompt in their replies. Kathy D, Kathy G and Maria were the best and I cannot say enough good things about them. I seriously did not have to worry about anything once my husband and I, our families and guests arrived for the weekend. After completing all of the wedding planning, I just wanted to sit back and enjoy the wedding weekend which is what I did! We also had our rehearsal lunch at the resort the day before and were super pleased with that as well. At both events, the food was so delicious. Everyone kept on commenting on how good the food was.
    All employees made us feel special and welcomed! Kristi Maher is the guest services manager and she went above and beyond to help me and our guests with their lodging. I also had my hair and makeup done by the Spa at Rumbling Bald (along with the mothers and a few of my attendants). Jennifer Appling of the Spa was so very helpful and accommodating to all of our needs. Tina and Jessica did the hair and Jennifer did the make-up. We were all pleased with their work!
    We used the resort for all of its services during our wedding and everything was so wonderful. I hope that I have covered all of the wonderful employees that helped us during this time of planning and I look forward to returning to the resort for vacation. I joked to my husband that we need to get someone else to get married there so we can be guests at a Rumbling Bald wedding!!

April · Married on 09/26/2015

This place is amazing! We could not have asked for a better place to get married, it was absolutely gorgeous and the perfect weekend getaway spot for us and our guests. Maria is an amazing woman who helped us with everything on the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything was in order and that we were relaxed and happy the whole day. Overall, we love this place and will absolutely go back to vacation as well!

My husband and I fell in love with this venue. The views are stunning, Kathy is amazing to work with, the catering is delicious, and all the service provided was exceptional.

Hania · Married on 04/10/2015

Lake Lure is a beautiful city for a wedding, and Rumbling Bald resort was an AMAZING VENUE! We were so lucky to find this location, definitely the best decision we made during all of our wedding planning. Everyone at the resort is extremely friendly and helpful. Our wedding day went very smooth as the service was outstanding. We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking to get married, and it is affordable as well.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! What a beautiful venue! My fairy tale wedding was made possible by the beautiful NC mountains, and the wonderful staff at Rumbling Bald Resort.

Angie · Married on 09/14/2013

Rumbling Bald Resort was the most stunning place to have my dream wedding! We had a fun filled weekend planned for our guest, from strolling the beautiful beach area, relaxing at the spa, taking a boat ride on the lake, enjoying drinks at Legends! Very professional, organized, food was outstanding!! Everything was flawless on our wedding day, and the sunset view was breath taking!!

Stefanie · Married on 06/07/2013

The location was even more than we could have asked for! The views were incredible and everyone was so helpful! Kathy and Jason were so easy to work with even though I had so many questions! The food was wonderful and all of our guests kept complimenting on how perfect the location was. Even though there were clouds, the mountains and lake made the perfect background to all of our pictures!

Lindsay · Married on 04/27/2013

Very good venue for a big wedding weekend full of festivities!

Rumbling Bald Resort was the most beautiful place we could have ever asked to have our reception. The Terrace over the water was breathtaking and the quality of the food and service was outstanding. The wedding directors are so easy to work with and are willing to make your day as special as you want!

Janie · Married on 10/13/2012

Simply a beautiful place for a wedding!!! The entire staff was amazing, could not have been nicer!!!

Jessi · Married on 09/15/2012

I first spotted an ad for Rumbling Bald in the first wedding magazine I bought, and the photo took my breath away! When my husband and I first visited it, the resort was even better in person! It was the perfect place for us to have our destination wedding! Our guests enjoyed all that the resort has to offer, and the site was a gorgeous spot for our wedding! The staff is great, as well! They are all friendly, easy to work with and helpful when you have questions! Weddings can be stressful, but our wedding day went smoothly, and so many of our guests said it was one of the best weddings they had been to!

• John

John · Married on 05/12/2012

This place is amazing. And Jason, the banquet manager, is beyond amazing. The whole detailing process up through the wedding day, the whole staff were warm, welcoming, professional, helpful. They truly go beyond expectations in service. And not to mention this was the most beautiful place ever!! Every single guests has told us what a great atmosphere the resort provided. It was perfect.

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 11/26/2011

I could not imagine a better place to have held my wedding. The resort is absolutely breathtaking. Ronnie, Jason, Kathy and the rest of the staff were beyond helpful with every little detail. They made my event 100% perfect. When I walked into the Lakeview Restaurant I was in shock -- it was beyond anything I had imagined. I had guests coming up to me before and still after the wedding with compliments on how incredible the food was -- many many thanks to Chef Mike! Everyone completely took care of me and my guests, I cannot say enough good things about Rumbling Bald!

• F

Faith · Married on 06/18/2011

I couldn't be more pleased with this venue. The view throughout the entire ceremony was fantastic, the view from the reception terrace was wonderful, and the service was exceptional. The staff had everything set up, we simply added favors and centerpieces to the tables. Every waiter/server/employee there was helpful, kind and eager to assist. I cant say enough wonderful things about Rumbling Bald Resort.

Natalie · Married on 10/03/2009

Fabulous venue, great team. Ronnie Gooch was fantastic to work with. We've been back several times since the wedding, and love the upgrades they have made to the venue in the last five years. Getting married under the gazebo and walking to the reception at the Lakeview Patio was so easy, and people loved being able to walk from their condos to the wedding events.

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2015

Rumbling Bald was the PERFECT choice for our wedding venue! It's just beautiful. If you haven't booked a visit, you should. It'll be a simple decision from there. The staff was incredibly easy to work with in planning our event. Kathy DiNatali was friendly, flexible, and responsive to my many many questions along the way.

We were blown away by how helpful the staff was on wedding day. Everyone seemed to genuinely care that our day be perfect. Maria, one of the staff members who helped setup the reception space and then served us through dinner, was INCREDIBLE. She helped my mother-in-law throughout the entire day with setup and breakdown, and had many helpful ideas on how to take the best advantage of the gorgeous space offered by Rumbling Bald. It was like having a second wedding coordinator on hand!

I'd highly recommend this venue!