Rudy's Pastry Shop Reviews

Rudy's Pastry Shop 7
  • Christina

Christina Stathopoulos · Married on 05/25/2019

Tasty and Beautiful Wedding Cake

Our venue had two preferred bakeries we could choose from to design our wedding cake. When we looked at the two options, Rudy's was our obvious choice.

Rudy's is one of the few bakeries I have found that offers so many varieties of cake flavors and fillings. What I loved about our tasting was that we were able to create 3 mini cake combinations of our top choices and those cakes were made fresh for us for our visit. We then got to take the leftovers home!

We went with a chocolate chip cake that had a cannoli filling. Our guests raved over how moist and unique the cake was, and how great it went with their coffee at dessert! The staff at Rudy's also worked well with our custom-made cake toppers and our floral designer. We froze our top layer and can't wait to revisit our memories on our anniversay.

Sent on 07/04/2019
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 8
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 9
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 10

Hi Christina,
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind words about your experience with us. It was our pleasure to work with both of you. We are happy and honored to be able to take part in your special day! We will be here for you when you need more desserts in the future. Best wishes!
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 12/28/2018

Beautiful Wedding Cake

Rudy’s was amazing! The taste test was so delicious and I loved how they made 3 mini cakes for us to take home! Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning and tasted amazing. We did Vanilla with Lemon Filling & Red Velvet with Cannoli filling. Both flavors were amazingly Rudy’s will not disappoint. Book them for your wedding!

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 11

abisoye · Married on 06/01/2018

i can't say enough thank you to the team.... they helped us in surprising our boss in the office on such short notice and EVERYONE Raved about how tasteful their cake and pastries were. Great Job Hands down the best. you have now gained a loyal customer

Sent on 05/18/2018

Hi Abisoye,
    Thank You so much for the generous review. We are happy to hear everyone enjoyed the cake. We love and appreciate our customers and do all we can to make sure their experience is a positive and delicious one! We look forward to hearing from you in the future. Best Wishes.
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/28/2018

Absolutely the best!

My husband and I had some unusual requests for our wedding cake and we're so happy we chose Rudy's. Sergio was AMAZING! He spent so much time during our cake tasting to understand what we wanted and to make sure he made our vision come to life. Everyone raved about the cake, from looks to taste, it was perfect. We are so happy with our decision and hope everyone chooses Rudy's, they're the best!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Michele · Married on 04/21/2018

If you want an AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL that also tastes DELICIOUS then look no further than Rudy’s! It’s been months since my bridal shower and I still get compliments and think about the beautiful cake they made for me! They also made a specialty groomsman cake that came out perfectly! Highly highly highly recommend Rudy’s!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Megan · Married on 02/10/2018

We got a marble cake with fudge filling. The cake was delicious and Rudy's was able to make the perfect cake for our winter wedding theme: Yeti. They made two adorable yeti cake toppers out of fondant and textured the cake so it looked like snow with big snowflake patters on each layer. I highly recommend Rudy's for a beautiful and delicious cake! Can't wait to it it again for our anniversary!

Sent on 03/18/2018
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 12
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 13
    Rudy's Pastry Shop 14

Megan,
    Thank You so much for your kind words. We enjoyed working with you and helping to create a wonderful fun cake for your wedding. We hope your wedding was the flawless day you deserve. We thank you for choosing us on your special day. We look forward to hearing from you in the future!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/19/2016

We chose Rudy's Pastry Shop from a selection from our venue Stone House At Stirling Ridge. We are so glad we did! The tasting--although a little informal--left us with 100% confidence that our cake would be amazing. Great flavors, wonderful people--just a plain ole' great bakery!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2016

We got married at The Stone House at Stirling Ridge and had the option to choose Rudy's or one other bakery as the bakery for our cake. After reading a lot of reviews, we chose to have a tasting at Rudy's (and the reviews also lead me to believe I knew I would be choosing them as our cake baker as well). You do not have your tasting in a normal bakery, which kind of throws you off. You call ahead and let them know what flavors and fillings you would like to try and create 3 combos. There are 3 mini cakes all baked and ready for you to try when you get there. (I brought my mom and then fiance) We each had a BIG slice and there was still a ton of cake left...the size they make is about the size of the top layer of a wedding cake. They had baked 1 wrong cake so they quickly made the correct one. Once we decided on flavors and I showed them pictures of what we had in mind for the cake, they sent us home with all FOUR cakes! Yup, they even sent us home with the cake they accidently added the wrong filling in! He was so so nice to talk with and we all enjoyed the very relaxed feel to the tasting. Our wedding was this past Sunday (8/28) and I still can't get over how beautiful and perfect our cake was! It was exactly like the picture we showed and tasted incredible! So happy we chose Rudy's :)

Sent on 08/31/2016

shaina · Married on 06/10/2016

Rudy's was recommended to us by a friend. We contacted them hoping they would come down to LBI because of how delicious their cakes are. They agreed and were amazing to work with. The cake tasting was great and we felt very comfortable about them delivering the design we wanted. We showed up with 2 different pictures of cakes and asked them to combine the two ideas. Without much direction, they did and our cake looked better than we ever could have imagined. We had so many compliments on our beach theme cake. It tasted so delicious we can't wait to eat the top tier on our anniversary!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Chris · Married on 04/23/2016

Our wedding cake from Rudy's Pastry was fantastic. We were set up with the shop by the Stone House, where we had our reception. The tasting was very helpful, and Sergio walked us through all our options. They were also very flexible, allowing us to mix and match our fillings to get the right combination. The cake turned out beautifully -- and it was delicious.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Lessy · Married on 12/20/2015

Went to Rudy's before going to Palermos because my venue had a choice of both bakeries. I presented both bakeries the same picture of the cake I wanted and not only could Rudy's make my cake within my budget, but he gave me an even better way to incorporate all of my wedding colors. The tasting was fun because he gave you cake to take home and retaste and share with friends to be able to really make the final decision. So glad I went with Rudy's for our cake, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sent on 09/23/2015
  • StephaDeFa

Stephanie · Married on 10/16/2015

Sergio at Rudy's Pastry Shop was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our tasting was so personable and you could tell he truly loved his job. After a pretty vague description and picture, the cake he delivered to us on our wedding day could not have been any more perfect or delicious. He is truly awesome at his job because you can tell he does it with love! Thank you Sergio!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/20/2015

We were BEYOND happy with our wedding day cake from Rudy's!! We got married at the Stone House at Stirling Ridge on 9/20/15 and were given the choice of going with Rudy's or Palermo's. I had heard great things about both so I started reading reviews; everyone said that Rudy's cake tasting experience was far better. Instead of having a ton of brides and grooms all come at the same time and eat the same pre-selected cake, Rudy's allows you to personally select which 3 cakes and 3 fillings you want and they then bake you 3 separate 6" cakes for you to try! Your cake tasting is private with whomever you want to bring along and then they give you your cakes to take home! All 3 cakes were amazingly delicious, not too sweet and definitely not dry--- we ended up going with a chocolate chip cake and cannoli filling. Guests couldn't stop raving about the cake, some admitted that they aren't wedding cake people and ate the whole thing. Our cake looked exactly as I wanted, I had sent the pastry chef a few pictures and I was blown away (still am) when I saw our cake for the first time. It truly was the most beautiful cake I'd ever seen and when we were finally able to have a slice, it tasted amazing!!!! I was so impressed~I would highly recommend getting your cake from Rudy's Pastry Shop!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Terri · Married on 07/25/2015

Rudy's cakes are amazing! We had our wedding at the Stone House and they recommended two cake vendors and we're so happy we went with Rudy's! We ordered a strawberry shortcake for our summer wedding, naked style (which doesn't have any icing on it, just a little powdered sugar). We gave them a few inspiration images and they nailed it. It was both gorgeous and delicious! All of our guests raved about it. I'll be going back here for anniversary cakes for many, many years to come!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Our cake was AMAZING! I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding cake.. we met with the baker and i showed him about 6 cakes that i loved and that i wanted to incorporate them into a 4 tear cake. They could not have done a more perfect job at it. The colors were perfect the style was perfect and the taste was delicious! I am still getting compliments on the cake. They also made us a grooms cake out of fondant in the shape of a hockey jersey.. that was incredible too. We are so happy that Rudy's made our cakes and we are looking forward to our one year anniversary cake! We can not thank you enough :)

Sent on 05/25/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/09/2015

Our venue gave us the choice of two bakeries for our wedding cake, and we did tastings at both. As soon as we set foot in Rudy's, it was the obvious winner by a long shot. The cakes we tasted were delicious -- head and shoulders above pretty much any wedding cake I've ever had. And the fact that Rudy's is a small, family operated business really made the whole experience so much more personal and flexible.

I was thrilled with the final outcome at our wedding. Sergio did a fantastic job duplicating some of the design from our wedding invitation in the detailing on the cake, and the cake tasted fantastic. Can't recommend Rudy's highly enough!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2015

Most detailed and delicious cake we could have ever had on our wedding day. I asked for a tasteful beach designed cake serving up to 210 guests and the finish product came out AMAZING!
    I truly was impressed when we were in the ballroom at Clark's Landing to see what an amazing job Rudy's did on our cake. We chose Rudy’s over Clark’s in house bakery and I’m so glad we did. They listened to us and added their personal touch to the cake and it came out way beyond our expectations. The shells were perfect that were placed on the cake along with the detailed sand all around the 3 tiered cake.
    Rudy's bake shop did an amazing job, from the flavor, to the design of the cake, we could not be more pleased with how it all came out! It was truly perfect.
    We ordered two cute Adirondack chairs from Etsy to place on top of the cake and the team at Rudy's was so helpful with incorporating them into our cake. We chose 2 fillings, a cannoli filling and Bavarian cream which complemented the vanilla cake perfectly.
    After all the food we had at our wedding, everyone still indulged in the cake and everyone was happy they did since it was delicious. I highly recommend them for your wedding or any other events. You will be so glad you did, we are!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/18/2015

We loved Rudy's!!

Our cake was included with our venue (Stone House) and we were SO happy that Rudy's was an option! At our tasting they made three completely different small cakes for us to taste and take home! we couldnt believe it! It was way more personalized and delicious than any other cake tasting we had been to. Rudy's was the clear winner. The fresh strawberries and bavarian cream was such a fresh and delicious option for us! After our tasting and confirmation that we had chosen them we didn't have to worry about a thing! Our venue coordinated everything from there on with Rudy's and when we got to the venue there was our beautiful cake (with adorned flowers from our florist and our cake topper!) We loved it and it was exactly what we wanted! Everyone said it was one of the most delicious wedding cakes! Thank you Rudy's!

Sent on 04/23/2015
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 11/21/2014

We love Rudy's!! They made our wedding cake and an amazing groom's cake for my husband. Everything tasted great, was super fresh, and Chris was so easy to work with. They basically created whatever we wanted. We came upon Rudy's after going to another bakery's cake tasting, and that one did not even come close to the experience we had at Rudy's. We will definitely be using Rudy's again for any future cake needs.

Sent on 11/29/2014

We ordered our cake through Rudy's, however it was paid for by our reception hall. We received a response from the bakery pretty quickly and received an email with a variety of flavors, both cake type and filling. There were a significant amount of options to choose from. When we went to taste the cakes we didn't really know what kind of design we wanted. Luckily, the gentleman helping us assisted us greatly and we were able to pick something at that same visit. The cake tasted phenomenal!!! We highly recommended strawberries with bananas and Bavarian cream!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Rudy's Pastry Shop's reply:

Greatly appreciated!!! If you email us a picture of your cake, we would love to feature it on our website.

Rudy's was able to give us exactly what we wanted at a very affordable price. Not to mention the cake was delicious. When we went for our tasting they prepared 3 small individual cakes and sent us home with the leftovers, which I was not expecting. Would highly recommend them for your custom wedding cake.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Rudy's Pastry Shop's reply:

Wow, thank you for that wonderful review. If you can send us a picture of your cake, we would love to feature it on our website

We worked with Rudy's and couldn't be happier. The process was smooth and the cake was delicious. I've attended at least 6 other weddings in the past 2 years and the cake is usually terrible or just stale. The cake from Rudy's was light and fresh and actually delicious! They offered a variety of designs and filling flavors and the tasting was a lot of fun! The staff is friendly and professional. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Rudy's Pastry Shop's reply:

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are glad you chose us for your special day! If you can send us a picture of your cake we would love to feature it on our website. Congratulations on your wedding, and thanks again

Robin · Married on 06/01/2014

Not only did Rudy's supply us with a beautiful, delicious wedding cake they were absolutely amazing to work with. I wanted to surprise my groom with a Knicks grooms cake and I could not be happier with the quick responses and amazing results.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Rudy's Pastry Shop's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. You were wonderful to work with, and I'm so glad you enjoyed everything. We look forward to making your first anniversary cake.

Kristi · Married on 05/25/2014

Rudy's Pastry Shop was one of two cake vendors that we had to choose from for our wedding at Stone House at Stirling Ridge. We did our first cake tasting at Palermo's Bakery and really weren't impressed. I was so relieved when we went to Rudy's. Their cake blew Palermo's away, and the experience was so much more personal. On our wedding day, the cake was beautiful and delicious. We received so many compliments and have no regrets about going with Rudy's!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Rudy's Pastry Shop did an outstanding job with both our wedding cake and our groom's cake. My husband recently joined the army and was going to be leaving for boot camp two weeks after our wedding date. We had our wedding cake already ordered from Rudy's, but last minute I had the idea of having a groom's cake that was shaped like an army jeep as a surprise for my husband on the big day. With 3 DAYS NOTICE I asked the team at Rudy's if they could pull it off AND THEY DID!!!!! It was so great. My husband cried when he saw it. Thank you for making the nest day of our lives that much more special! (And forgot to mention that both cakes were ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS as well!!!!!)

Sent on 04/09/2014