The Club at Ruby Hill Reviews

39 | Pleasanton, CA

39 Reviews for The Club at Ruby Hill

S. Madison · Married on 02/29/2020

Excellent Service From Start to Finish at the Most Beautiful Venue

Beautiful and breathtaking venue; however, most importantly, excellent customer service. I worked directly with Janan Ali to plan the perfect wedding for my sister, and she made the entire process easy. She was extremely accommodating, met all of our needs, worked out all of the details until everything was perfect, and truly went above and beyond for my sister and her husband. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, and the guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue and wedding was. I hope I have the opportunity to work again with Janan and do another event at The Club at Ruby Hills.

Sent on 05/07/2020
  • Sofia

Sofia Hashimi · Married on 10/18/2019

Wedding of my dreams

This review is regarding my event coordinator Jennifer Franklin; the most professional, organized, responsive coordinator I have ever come across. She also cares for her clientele. I was so stressed out on my wedding day and she made it so much easier, helped me come up with a timeline so things went smoothly. The day of my wedding she helped with EVERYTHING, she’s genuinely a warm hearted person and even made sure I remembered to eat! You will not be disappointed. I HIGHLY recommend her for any of your events at the Ruby Hill.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Mary D. · Married on 09/29/2019

Beautiful wedding venue

My daughter‘s wedding was absolutely beautiful!! It was a dream come true. The venue is breathtaking! The staff is courteous and professional! Our venue coordinator, Jennifer Franklin, was amazing! She made everything seamless. Great customer service! I would give this venue 10 stars!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Delgado · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Venue, Even Better Experience

There are many beautiful venues around this area. Each one provided a blank canvas for you to personalize. What set this apart from venues was the sales staff and coordinator (which was the same person for us, Jennifer Franklin). During our wedding venue hunting experience, we were met with either seemingly uninterested or just plain rude wedding salespeople until we met Jennifer. Myself not having any experience with planning events let alone a wedding, she was able to make this experience more fun and relaxed. Whenever my then fiance and I would stress about something, she would find a way to destress the situation and walk us through the issue we were facing. She was able to listen to our requests and provide suggestions where she saw fit without being so imposing on her own personal opinions. In our eyes and our guests' eyes, the end result was a flawless night. If there was an issue during the event, it was masked because we didn't see it and neither did our guests. We got compliments left and right from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how much FUN they had. From people who have been to a million weddings, they showered us with compliments on how "lit" yet elegant it was. Again, my wife and I have to give Jennifer and the rest of the Ruby Hill staff a huge thanks for a PERFECT wedding reception.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Chenyang

Chenyang Wu · Married on 09/22/2019

Amazing venue and staff members

We just had our wedding two weeks ago at The Club at Ruby Hill.This venue deserves the best rating for a lot of reasons:
    1. The venue is located in a gated community. Guests need to have an ID to enter from the main gate. So it has all the privacy you need for a wedding (as opposed to a hotel, for example).
    2. The venue is located in a very scenery community, which has beautiful lawns, trees, lakes. On our wedding day we took photos on the arch bridge over a lake near the main gate, which came out amazing.
    3. The venue, which is a golf clubhouse, has all the facilities you look for in a wedding: both outdoor and indoor ceremony spots, indoor ceremony spot, a standard hardwood dance floor that is centered among the reception tables, cocktail reception area with outdoor heating devices, brides and grooms room, etc.
    4. The clubhouse has quite an upscale look. The design, furniture, decoration, ceiling, etc., all look pretty spectacular.
    5. The staff members are great. We worked closely with the event manager Jennifer F in preparing for the wedding. Planning for the wedding was not a simple task and Jennifer gave us great help. She was very approachable, attentive to details, thoughtful and caring. I'd like to say that I wish I knew more people like Jennifer in my life.
    6. The cost is surprisingly affordable. We booked it in February, during which they had the winter discount. But even without the discount, their price would still be reasonable. In choosing a perfect wedding, we visited more than 10 venues around the bay area. Most of them ask for more money and have less to offer, as compared to The Club at Ruby Hill.
    Our wedding went very well and it will be a piece of important and fond memory for us. I'm glad and feel fortunate that we chose the right venue (and of course put a lot of efforts into it).

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Pang · Married on 09/19/2019

Andrea and David’s wedding September 2019

The Club at Ruby Hill is a phenomenal venue. If you’re looking for a venue that is romantic, chic, and memorable, this is it! I first fell in love with the venue online, but when I first stepped foot at the facility, it took my breath away. The staff and Jennifer Franklin was amazing, they cook care of our needs and answered questions right away. I would love to also throw my vow renewal at this venue because it’s so beautiful. The food was amazing and on time, we had open bar and appetizers at the meet and greet and again after the ceremony, for reception we had salad, main entree, and cake. My guests were floored even told me it was the best wedding they have been to. The staff were always around and pleasant to our guests. I didn’t hear any complaints. Thank you again Thr Club at Ruby Hill and Jennifer Franklin for our amazing wedding experience!!!

Newlyweds-Andrea and David

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Erica

Erica Santos · Married on 09/15/2019

Wedding of our dreams!

We knew when we walked into The Club more than a year from our wedding date that this was the venue of our dreams! From the high ceilings, the grand staircase, and the golf course backdrop, this location is nothing short of a dream. Janan was a pleasure to work ever since our first meeting as she was responsive and super helpful with our wedding planning. She was quick to answer questions to my numerous emails and really was just so patient with me. She works with so many couples and really made us feel special whenever we met or spoke. We worked together for over a year having in person meetings and through emails regarding anything and everything wedding related.

Fast forward to a year of planning, we couldn't have been more excited for our wedding day! At our rehearsal walk through, my husband and I dropped off a bunch of decor for Janan and her team to set up the next day. I left instructions on each box on how things should be placed for our ceremony and reception. Janan was super attentive and was patient while I explained where each piece of decor was supposed to be set up. Rehearsal went smooth despite our huge wedding party. This isn't Janan's first rodeo so she was able to gather and round up everyone and do our walk through. This lasted about an hour.

On the day of our wedding, we entered the venue and we were just in awe. All the decor we left for Janan and her team was placed perfectly and lit up the room. We can't thank them enough. My husband and I were in "go-go-go" mode that day so we were so thankful that we did not have to worry about setting up the reception/ceremony. Janan greeted us on wedding day and was the captain of our ship. She worked with our wedding party and venders and made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be.

The staff and bartenders were very kind to me and my husband and we thank them for taking care of our wedding of 150 guests. Thank you to the chef and kitchen staff because our guests could not stop raving about the food! Our short rib and chicken duet plates were a hit! We would recommend The Club at Ruby Hill for any couple who is looking to have a beautiful grand wedding. We wish we could relive the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Kim · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing Venue!

My now husband was the one who suggested The Club at Ruby Hill to me, and wow, I’m so glad he did. As soon as we walked in for our tour, about 1 year in advance of our wedding date, we both fell in love. It was a no brainer for us. We met with Janan, and luckily for us, we were stuck with her. ;) Firstly, Janan was absolutely amazing to work with. Both my husband and I had SO many questions, constantly, and she was so patient with us, and answered everything in a timely manner. I feel like as our day-of coordinator, she went above and beyond for us. Second, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. We haven’t come across a better looking venue in all of the wedding venues we’ve been to. The staff made sure everything ran smoothly, and that my husband and I were taken care of, as well as our guests. Our 150 guests said the dinner was the best wedding food they’ve ever had, and that the venue was the most beautiful they’ve ever seen. We loved the flow of events for our guests – from the ceremony location to cocktail hour, to the reception, and where the bars were. I would highly recommend The Club at Ruby Hill – you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Samantha & Hector Cazares · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing venue, made for a picture perfect wedding!

Choosing to have our wedding at The Club at Ruby Hills was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the spaces that it had to offer for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and bridal/groom suites perfectly matched our needs for the day. From the beginning of our wedding planning process the staff at Ruby Hills went out of their way to make our experience easy and practical. Jennifer Franklin was our day of coordinator at Ruby Hills and our main point of contact for all of our questions leading up to the big day. Not only was Jennifer of great help in planning for all the details that we wanted to include in our wedding, but she did a flawless job executing all those details for us on the day of, not a single thing we asked for was left out. She did a great job in keeping us and our large bridal party on schedule throughout the day, and did so in the most calm, practical, and professional manner. Thanks to Jennifer and the rest of the Ruby Hills team, we were really able to enjoy ourselves on our wedding day and had nothing to worry about. We also want to add that their list of preferred vendors were all top notch and we were very happy with the choices we made on photographer, flowers, cake, etc. Not only were our vendors all great, but it made it stress free that they were all already familiar with the space and some even offered discount incentives for booking them through Ruby Hills. Overall, having our wedding at Ruby Hills was a wonderful experience, and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t have changed a single detail. We highly recommend to anyone who is considering this venue to make an appointment and see for yourself all the great things it has to offer.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Vincenzo

Vincenzo Alagna · Married on 05/01/2019

Incredible experience in beautiful and reasonably priced venue

We searched up and down the Bay Area for the perfect venue. Ruby Hill checked every box for us. The location and decor were classy and beautiful. The quality of service we received was excellent, prompt and respectful. There were a lot of great food package options and the food was very tasty. What really bundled this all together was a reasonable price for the area. Big shout out to Jennifer Franklin, our day of coordinator who worked extensively throughout the planning and day of to ensure the day went by perfectly.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Alyssa Villa · Married on 04/10/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Our wedding at The Club at Ruby Hill was absolutely perfect! We could not ask for a better location, venue, staff, and service. The scenery around the venue was gorgeous with the golf course, greenery, beautiful houses and hills. Everything was so well coordinated every step of the way, the food was great, and the service was excellent. Our guests could not stop raving about how much they loved our venue and all that it provided.
    Our day of coordinator was Janan, who was wonderful. She was there for us since day one when we booked the venue to our rehearsal and wedding. Janan was so sweet and patient with all of the questions and concerns we had throughout the process and ensured we had the perfect and seamless wedding day. We cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Yousef

Yousef Hammad · Married on 04/07/2019

RiYo 2019 Wedding Reception

Our experience at Ruby Hill was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Everyone at Ruby Hill, particularly Janan Ali, made our wedding experience as simple and smooth as possible. She was patient, understanding, and very accommodating with our requests and culture. The venue itself takes your breath away - inside and out - for any couples out there reading this, you'll feel absolutely confident that you made the right choice the moment you lay your eyes on it.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Nikkie · Married on 01/14/2019

Exceptional and special

This venue is very special! We wanted an intimate reception and we were on a time crunch to get it all planned. The personnel at Ruby Hill were so helpful and resourceful. They helped us think through the details, responsiveness was reassuring and the support staff ensured that our guests were hosted well. I highly recommend this venue and the staff for any wedding.

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Obaid

Obaid Obi Abdullah · Married on 01/04/2019

Excellent from A to Z...

All I can say; Everything from A to Z was excellent & we created a history in our family life by this event @ Ruby Hill Club. Jennifer F...the best and most professional but yet so compassionate coordenator I have ever seen. Thank you so much for creating our event one of kind and everlasting memorable. 🙏💯👌

Obaid Obi

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 08/18/2018

Best Wedding Planner

Janan is the best wedding planner in the world. She knows her stuff she kept me calm and nothing went wrong and i mean nothing it was a perfect night that i will never forget and probably will never top it. Janan is the best out there highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Raymond · Married on 04/28/2018

Gorgeous Venue and Terrific Day Of Planning Service

Venue: As beautiful as it looks in pictures. It has numerous photo op locations inside and out, and with a great photographer (shout out to Dana Todd Photography) the pictures are absolutely stunning. If you want the classic, rustic look then this is absolutely the right place.

Food: Our guests had very good things to say about their food. In particular, the vegetarian dish was called out by our friends which shows the onsite caterer's attention to detail.

Day of Planning Service: We had a snafu with a last minute change in Day of Coordinator. In what could have been a stressful situation, Jennifer made everything perfect. She got right up to speed with our wedding details, and day-of was very active in making sure everything moved according to schedule. She checked in with us regularly to see how we're doing and helped manage all our vendors so we didn't have to think about it at all. It would be an honor for anyone to work with her on their wedding planning.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Ruby Hill Golf Club was a last minute venue we visited and so glad we did. Danielle, Juliet, and Melisa did a phenomenal job keeping me calm and on track, answering questions, making suggestions, and running the show on our wedding day.

Day of wedding the venue was perfection! The summer evening arbor ceremony was like a dream and the ballroom was stunning! The bar was in a adjacent super classy tent and there was a separate room for my photo booth and slow motion video booth.

The hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and late night snack was way better than "wedding" food - you know what I mean! Our guests to this day comment on how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Trisha · Married on 03/08/2015

Beautiful venue, excellent staff and amazing customer service!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Esther · Married on 04/10/2011

I couldn't be any happier with this Venue. Theo and I loved everything about Ruby Hill. Our guests were very pleased, comfortable, and happy on celebrating our wedding evening here. Berni and her staff were excellant from the beginning till the end. Everything was beautiful, catering and staff were excellant. Always in awe with this venue. Thank you!

Sent on 07/31/2011

Jason · Married on 10/17/2010

Working with the staff at Ruby Hill was amazing. The atmosphere they provided for your special day is breath-taking and Bernie made sure everything went according to plan and schedule. The staff there makes you absolutely feel that on your wedding day, it is YOUR day and everything they do ensure that you will never forget one of the most important and special days of your life.

Sent on 01/15/2011
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/04/2008

Berni and Charissa are amazing. They are the two wedding planners at Ruby Hill. They make you feel like you are extremely special and like you aren't just another bride. Our wedding could not have been more perfect. Every bride talks about that one thing that didn't go quite right. I really can't tell you a single thing that did not go quite right. Our wedding exceded my expectations. Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this venue. It's beautiful and the people make it even better. =)

Sent on 11/20/2008

Amy · Married on 05/24/2008

I can't imagine a better place to have a wedding reception! The grounds are gorgeous and Berni, the coordinator, is so on top of everything that she makes wedding planning easy! Our guests are still talking, months later, about how amazing Ruby Hill was.

Sent on 08/04/2008
  • Kevin

Kevin Lee · Married on 02/15/2020

Worked with Jennifer Frankling at The Club at Ruby Hill

My wife and I just got married this February at The Club at Ruby Hill and could not have had a better experience. After reaching out, we were contacted by Jennifer Franklin (the Director of Wedding Events at the club) and we ended up having her be our day of coordinator for the wedding as well!
    We first chose The Club at Ruby Hill because we wanted a venue with a pretty indoor ceremony space that could seat around 175 people. We ended up with 160 guests indoors and the space worked beautifully.
    As our wedding was in February, we were worried about the potential rain but fortunately, the weather was beautiful on the day of. We still kept our wedding ceremony indoors and it was awesome.
    We ended up going a la carte for our choice of services so there was a lot of room for flexibility. We ended up ordering the larger package of hors doeuvres as we'd been to many weddings where guests weren't able to enjoy them because there weren't enough to go around. Hearing from some guests after the wedding, this was still a painpoint even with additional hors douevres (my guess is that people that were standing close to the kitchen ended up devouring them all before letting them reach guests standing further away - my suggestion would be to ask that the servers bypass the guests standing closeby after the initial rounds so that guests further away can enjoy them as well)
    Besides that, the food was great! All the hors douevres tasted amazing and the entrees were great as well. The NY Strip truly was cooked medium rare, but some of the sea bass was a bit dry from what I heard. Still, as far as food at weddings go, it was really good!
    The venue was really beautiful and my wife and I had an awesome experience at the club at ruby hill. The grounds were so pretty for pictures and everyone had an awesome time!
    Jennifer Franklin was our point of contact as well as our day of coordinator and she did an amazing job getting everything sorted out for us! Just a note that she is pretty busy so be prepared to have all your questions ready so that when you do have her time, you can get all your questions answered.
    She took care of so many things that we were worried about and was super on top of things! She really allowed us to enjoy the wedding day! (I hear from a lot of couples that they're unable to enjoy their wedding day because they're stressed about things going wrong and unexpected things happening!)
    If it falls within your budget, we would definitely recommend The Club at Ruby Hill and working with Jennifer Franklin!

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Christine

Christine Nojadera · Married on 02/01/2020

Gorgeous Venue

We toured this venue last week and it was so gorgeous! Looked straight out a fairytale. Outside ceremony area is beautiful and inside reception area was lovely as well. I could totally see our wedding happening here, but our only concerns are the price of the packages and that they dont include other vendors in the packages, so we would still have to book a lot of them like photography, photobooth, DJ, florists.

Sent on 07/18/2019

amity · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful venue and friendly staff

Jennifer was our contact with Ruby Hill and she was so friendly and easy to communicate with. When she found out we had previously put a deposit down at another venue she offered ways to help us offset the cost. The venue was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our special day. If I had a chance to redo it again, I would still choose Ruby Hill.

Sent on 05/20/2019