The Club at Ruby Hill Reviews

The Club at Ruby Hill 7
  • Obaid

Obaid Obi Abdullah 路 Married on 01/04/2019

Excellent from A to Z...

All I can say; Everything from A to Z was excellent & we created a history in our family life by this event @ Ruby Hill Club. Jennifer F...the best and most professional but yet so compassionate coordenator I have ever seen. Thank you so much for creating our event one of kind and everlasting memorable. 馃檹馃挴馃憣

Obaid Obi

The Club at Ruby Hill 14
    The Club at Ruby Hill 15

Raymond 路 Married on 04/28/2018

Gorgeous Venue and Terrific Day Of Planning Service

Venue: As beautiful as it looks in pictures. It has numerous photo op locations inside and out, and with a great photographer (shout out to Dana Todd Photography) the pictures are absolutely stunning. If you want the classic, rustic look then this is absolutely the right place.

Food: Our guests had very good things to say about their food. In particular, the vegetarian dish was called out by our friends which shows the onsite caterer's attention to detail.

Day of Planning Service: We had a snafu with a last minute change in Day of Coordinator. In what could have been a stressful situation, Jennifer made everything perfect. She got right up to speed with our wedding details, and day-of was very active in making sure everything moved according to schedule. She checked in with us regularly to see how we're doing and helped manage all our vendors so we didn't have to think about it at all. It would be an honor for anyone to work with her on their wedding planning.

• User4457013 路 2+ years ago

Ruby Hill Golf Club was a last minute venue we visited and so glad we did. Danielle, Juliet, and Melisa did a phenomenal job keeping me calm and on track, answering questions, making suggestions, and running the show on our wedding day.

Day of wedding the venue was perfection! The summer evening arbor ceremony was like a dream and the ballroom was stunning! The bar was in a adjacent super classy tent and there was a separate room for my photo booth and slow motion video booth.

The hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and late night snack was way better than "wedding" food - you know what I mean! Our guests to this day comment on how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had.

Trisha 路 Married on 03/08/2015

Beautiful venue, excellent staff and amazing customer service!

Esther 路 Married on 04/10/2011

I couldn't be any happier with this Venue. Theo and I loved everything about Ruby Hill. Our guests were very pleased, comfortable, and happy on celebrating our wedding evening here. Berni and her staff were excellant from the beginning till the end. Everything was beautiful, catering and staff were excellant. Always in awe with this venue. Thank you!

Jason 路 Married on 10/17/2010

Working with the staff at Ruby Hill was amazing. The atmosphere they provided for your special day is breath-taking and Bernie made sure everything went according to plan and schedule. The staff there makes you absolutely feel that on your wedding day, it is YOUR day and everything they do ensure that you will never forget one of the most important and special days of your life.

• Jordan

Jordan 路 Married on 10/04/2008

Berni and Charissa are amazing. They are the two wedding planners at Ruby Hill. They make you feel like you are extremely special and like you aren't just another bride. Our wedding could not have been more perfect. Every bride talks about that one thing that didn't go quite right. I really can't tell you a single thing that did not go quite right. Our wedding exceded my expectations. Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this venue. It's beautiful and the people make it even better. =)

Amy 路 Married on 05/24/2008

I can't imagine a better place to have a wedding reception! The grounds are gorgeous and Berni, the coordinator, is so on top of everything that she makes wedding planning easy! Our guests are still talking, months later, about how amazing Ruby Hill was.

Nicole 路 Married on 08/09/2008

Overall they were fantastic. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding that we are so happy with. Only some minor errors along the way (before our wedding) but they were so trivial I聮m not even going to mention, because everything was so beautiful and perfect on our wedding day. The food was awesome and our guests raved about the food. Definitely recommend Ruby Hill for a beautiful wedding, as our guests could not have said more complimentary things. We have been receiving so many e-mails, phone calls, text messages, and cards in the mail all raving abour wedding and how it was the nicest one our guests have ever been to!

I聮m really happy we had our ceremony and reception in one place too, I think that聮s what contributed to such an easy flow on our wedding day and how well everyone perceived it. Grade: A- (small deduction for requiring us to use 1 of 2 cake vendors or pay them $500, and then refusing to show our photographer the good photo spots because he was wearing jeans)

Grace 路 Married on 07/10/2011

Ruby Hill Golf Club is an amazing venue and I would recommend it to anyone. I had my wedding here 7/10/11 and was blown away by both its beauty and the professionalism of everyone on staff. Their on-site coordinator, Berni, was wonderful the entire day making sure everyone was well taken care of and had a great time. Diane, who works in catering, was also a huge help and always prompt in her responses! The only reason why it isn't 5-stars was mainly for a single communication snafu that was quickly remedied prior to the wedding and because they misplaced some items from the wedding (but they recovered the important items and returned them to me promptly!)

Also, the Chef, Harold Sena-Akoto, is AMAZING and the barbeque sea bass was by far the biggest hit. I would even recommend the place just for him (5 stars for the food), he is wonderful and his creations are delicious! We also had the mini-beef wellingtons, ahi-tuna tar tar, and bacon wrapped honey mustard chicken hor dourves; all of which were a HUGE hit. He will not disappoint you by any means. Love love love him!

K 路 Married on 01/29/2011

Beautiful venue and a wonderful staff. I would highly recommend this place to anyone having any type of event.

• LadyRein

Rein 路 Getting married on 09/19/2020

3.0

It's Amazing... but here's why we didn't book it.

For your reception this place is amazing! If you have a large guest like I do (300) it's not ideal for hosting your ceremony. Jennifer was amazing. I'd love to work with her! Ultimately, as an event designer there are things I want to see on my wedding day. I'd also like for everything to be in one place. The ceremony space is just too small for us. But the price is good, the drive up through all those glorious mansions is amazing, and the space itself is so grand and luxurious. I wish the ceremony space was bigger.

Jessica 路 Married on 02/22/2014

This Venue is just beautiful-indoors and outdoors. My husband and I just had our wedding at this location and felt like it was a fairytale setting. The wedding coordinator-Melissa-is phenomenal! Starting from day one with just getting information all the way to the night of the wedding reception she was extremely helpful with answering our questions, sharing ideas, helping us coordinate our cultural traditions into what the venue had to offer and just simply being there as another supporter during the biggest day of our lives. Our families had nothing but good things to say about the venue including its dinner and service.

Jennifer 路 Married on 09/01/2015

Ruby Hill Golf Club is a gorgeous venue that fit our storybook theme. The staff was very organized and friendly with the goal of helping us create one of the best days of our lives. Our guests were impressed by the food (prime rib and jumbo scallops) and surrounding scenery.

Katherine 路 Married on 09/04/2011

4.2
      3.5

My husband and I were married at Ruby Hill on 9/4/11. Never have I been this conflicted to write a review before, but I know that this will help clarify the reviews that have been written between July to September of this year (you can find them on Yelp). I have some colorful things to say about Berni Fitzsimmons, but do not feel that it is fair to punish the club for someone who is no longer there. So I will begin my review with a quick anecdote, but then I will tell you why Ruby Hill is THE BEST!\r\n\r\nThis is important for all couples considering Ruby Hill as a wedding venue: Berni Fitzsimmons no longer works there!\r\n\r\nSo I received a phone call from Diane Long, the catering assistant at Ruby Hill, about 2 weeks prior to our wedding - she sounded exhausted, and slightly frustrated that she had to be the one to tell me that Berni left her job about a month prior. The story I heard is that Berni has taken a better position at a location \"closer to home\". It was her responsibility to call all of her current couples planning weddings, and apparently she did no such thing. So here in summarizes my rant: I don\'t really care that you didn\'t want to work there anymore, but as a person, how do you feel when you leave a dozen brides hanging?\r\n\r\nI hope this helps explain why Ruby Hill went from perfect ratings down to 1-2 stars for the period when Berni was getting ready to leave (I can only assume that she was ready to get out at that point and had very little investment in the club at this point).\r\n\r\nALL this being said, Diane Long stepped into the director role and was more than happy to meet with me immediately to get on the same page - no harm done. She knew exactly how to handle every situation and to be honest, she is so much more genuine and personable than Berni anyway. Diane and the rest of her staff are all incredibly professional and helped create a wedding day that my husband and I will remember for a lifetime!\r\n\r\nSide note: Having a wedding there? Love Fish? Try the PESTO SEA BASS. We are in love with it (melts in your mouth, seriously.)!

Helen 路 Married on 07/02/2006

4.2
      3.5

We chose the Ruby Hill Golf Club because it's such a beautiful venue and had no regrets at all. The place was gorgeous. The staff knew what they were doing. The wedding coordinator changed twice during my engagement and that had me worried for a while - but nope. They were all great. They kept great records of everything we discussed so all agreements were well documented. They answered all emails quickly, and the week before the wedding, Bernie was almost like a personal assistant. No need in getting a day of coordinator at this place - in fact, they charge you extra for it. There are hidden charges that you should negotiate - ex: cake cutting fee, security guards. Highly recommended.

kaety 路 Married on 12/18/2011

3.0

Beautiful location, not very fexible with times, great staff!

• Janice

Janice 路 Married on 09/02/2018

2.2
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

Beautiful Venue, AWFUL Service and Attention To Detail

We had our wedding ceremony/reception at The Club at Ruby Hill a few months ago. While the location was beautiful, our experience working with the venue to finalize details was very frustrating, and the service the day of our wedding was sub-par at best.

After we signed the contract, we worked with Janan from Ruby Hill to finalize the details of our wedding. While she was very warm and friendly, my fiance and I were frustrated that every interaction felt like it was an opportunity to upcharge us. Do you want a signature drink at your wedding? That will be $50 extra. Do you want that drink to sit on a drink cart? That will be $500 extra. Do you want the Market Lights turned on outside? That will cost you $1200 extra as part of their "signature decor" package. The simplest of requests were always met with a steep price tag. If you plan on having your wedding at Ruby Hill, definitely take these extra fees into account.

The day of our wedding, the Ruby Hill staff and Banquet Manager were completely disorganized. There were no food or drinks provided in the Bridal room (though it was clearly stated in our contract that it would be provided). After sitting in the Bridal room for over 3 hours with no one from Ruby Hill ever stopping by to greet us, someone in my bridal party finally took it upon themselves to find a Staff member and ask for water and fruit. The Staff were so disorganized that our personal wedding planner had to set up most of the tables herself because the Ruby Hill staff were so far behind schedule. We then found out after dinner was served that half of the tables didn't get served wine or bread and none of the vendors were served their meals (again, these are all items that were clearly listed in the contract and that we paid for!). This is beyond unprofessional. To make matters worse, 2 weeks before the wedding, Ruby Hill provided us with a very detailed worksheet we needed to fill out that detailed every aspect of the wedding ceremony and reception (how the napkins should be folded, what type of table clothes we wanted to use, what vendor meals were needed, etc.). One question asked us if we would like "ALL of our cake to be cut and served". We answered yes. At the end of the night, guests were complaining that they didn't get any dessert. We were confused and then came to find out that Ruby Hill only served half our cake (they didn't serve the top tier of the cake or the grooms cake). I have NO IDEA what the point of filling out the detailed wedding worksheet was for if it was clearly not reviewed and followed. The Staff at Ruby Hill were obviously not equipped to handle a wedding party of our size (200 guests), given the many mistakes and details that were overlooked.

Though our wedding was wonderful, I would not recommend The Club at Ruby Hill to future brides. They charge a very high price for sub-par service. I recommend checking out their Yelp reviews as well. Unfortunately, their disorganization seems to be a common theme.