Royalty West Banquets Reviews

Katherine · Married on 11/12/2016

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

Beautiful venue, good and fair pricing, friendly service staff and clean. Not much more you can ask for when you're looking for where to have a special wedding - it looks like a castle for heaven's sake! I will say that the managers are sometimes difficult to reach on certain days being busy and that occasionally communication was a problem, but that minor note aside this is an excellent choice.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Anna · Married on 05/29/2011

2.4
      1.5

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have our reception here. The venue is pretty on the inside, and the food was okay, but the service was TERRIBLE. There were only 2 servers for our reception of 200 guests!!!! And the head table wasn't served first! I actually had to FIND staff myself to tell them to finally cut and serve the cake. I feel like for what we paid, it was absolute crap.

Sent on 12/22/2011

Ryan K. · Married on 10/31/2019

1.8
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0

Beautiful venue but not worth it.

This is my honest review of this establishment. Me and my now husband booked back in 2018 for our wedding in October 2019.
    We spoke with a lady named Hellen who showed us the castle room which we loved how it looked and fit our theme. During the showing and contract Hellen stated the room sits 70 to 120 people. She also stated that since we are having our wedding on a week day. We could use the room next door for a dance hall or to hold the ceremony. Contract was signed and off we went.

We went to a tasting back in February 2019 which was good. They didn't Serve all items they had to offer. Sad since I was doing family style and I had to guess for some food if they would be good or not. During this time I spoke with Hellen again regarding chir covers and tables. She said that white, black and ivory were free for table. Hellen never mentioned there was sizes or anything. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.

In end of September 2019 I sent an email regarding our food choices, table, and chair covers. A different person contract me named Christina asking me about our final count. Mind you final count number wasn't due till 2 weeks before the wedding. I asked to meet to go over something's thinks due to I wanted to clarify somethings.
    My husband, my father and mother in-law, and me heads over and meets with Christina. During the meet she was trying to upsell when we said no and admitting she was trying to get us to spend more money. Christina make comments about my wedding since it's on holloween that she has had issues in the past from other wedding causing damages and being crazy. I told her it's not going to be like that. She then said table covers are $10 each and on top of that the room that was offered to me was now booked for another wedding... I was shocked and upset. We went in to the office and I asked questions about how was this going to work with 2 wedding be so close to one other. Christina responded with the DJs need to respect one another.... I was taked back by this comment. I then ask what about the bar ? Since it on my side how was that going to work ? Christina responded with theres a window and there will be another bartender. Christina then asked would we be married the day of the wedding ? We told her yes... during this time I asked when was this other wedding booked. She responded with the day after you did. Me not know what to say next I left. Now I recieved a packet from Hellen in the beginning so I looked at it. I seen that there where so many issues so I returned 3 days later and spoke with Christina. I asked more questions as the following.
    Why are the tables covers $10 when here in this packet I was given by Hellen it says black table covers are free and even Hellen tolde they were?.
    How are DJs going to respect one another when there job is to entertain.? When toasts are being made are we going to hear them or is it going to be a battle of the DJs?.
    Finally why was we offered, promised and not contacted about the room next door?.
    Christina kept saying it's not in the contract so I don't know what you want me to do. I need to talk to the other party since they booked 2 months ago... I looked at he and repeated 2 months ago? To which she replied yes... I was so upset I asked for Hellen who did the contract and said do you two not communicate with one another? At no time did Christina get Hellen or offered a solution or compensated for all the hassle. To which I said why can't they go upstairs since I was the first to book, no one look like they want to fix this. Christina said I'll talk to the other party and we will see. We left I was still upset since the day was getting closer.

4 days pass and I recieved and email from Christina stating. The other party had similar concerns regarding the DJ and they were going upstairs. I responded with thank you and I'll see her 2 day before the wedding to set up.

The day of set up... I head over to Royalty west banquets with me mother in-law. As we are setting up Christina and her employees kept spying on us not saying a word. We felt uncomfortable and upset but we tried to pay no mind and finished up.

Day of wedding.
    I got a lot of complaints that the place is beautiful but the staff are horrible. The bartender had an attitude with my guest. The waitstaff took long to serve food and clean off tables that my Dj, videographer and photographer ended up saying something. Due to not clearing off tables they kept running over my guest and myself not saying sorry or anything. One of my guest said something and she said ok I'll go around ... and just like that she ran through people again not caring. If your wondering about the food I was cold ... I was not happy about that.. We asked for my top tear cake which should have been wrapped and in a box ... so I think ... I was given to us in wrapped on the sides with plastic/ tinfoil no box.
    Now what I hope you wonderful brides take from this in shorter terms please go somewhere else. Its beautiful yes but not worth at all what I been through. Too much money was give to these people for how we were treated and what services were given.

Sent on 11/14/2019

1.2
      1.0

Please do not book your event at this location. Their venue might look pretty but it is completely not worth your time or money. Their customer service is horrible and they do not treat you like "royalty." In fact, their wedding individual Christina is extremely nasty and rude. The Food is subpar and all the meats are dry. It is not worth the money you spend.

Look elsewhere.