Royal Lahaina Resort Reviews

Royal Lahaina Resort 4
Royal Lahaina Resort 5
Royal Lahaina Resort 6
Royal Lahaina Resort 7

The main purpose of this trip was to host our Wedding. Our wedding coordinator was Geraldine and she was awesome, every detail was carried out perfectly as discussed. The location of the resort was considered "prime" with direct access to the beach. They even have a green trolley that was complimentary that takes you to Whaler's Village which would save you at least 20 mins walking time along the beach. The rooms were updated and very nice there's no resort fee and the daily parking was $10/day. We would definitely have no problem staying there again.

Sent on 04/29/2015

We recently had on wedding at The Royal Lahaina Resort. Our coordinator was Geraldine and she was AWESOME!! She went above and beyond to help us plan our perfect wedding. We were upgraded to a suite and the room was BEAUTIFUL. Everyone at the resort is friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this resort!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/30/2014

Amy Johnston is absolutely amazing! Geraldine has also helped us over the phone (and was great too) but we mostly had contact with Amy. We live in CA and planned our Maui wedding with very little stress...Amy took care of it all! She was very accommodating to our requests and wishes, and helped run our wedding (before and after!) efficiently and smoothly! The food was great, the entertainment was great, and they even helped us with the "little things" we incorporated into our wedding. We highly recommend RLH and Amy!

Sent on 09/28/2015

This venue was excellent, everything was organised for us by the wedding planner, Amy. The whole event was perfect and and the location was stunning. The wedding ceremony and reception exceeded my expectations and I wouldn't have changed anything. For anyone getting married in Maui, I would recommend the Royal Lahaina Resort for a beautiful and stress free event.

Sent on 09/13/2014

lacey · Married on 08/12/2014

My husband and I not only got married here but stayed here for our honeymoon. We were here for two weeks and couldn't of asked for a better place to stay. We went through their romance department for our coordinating services which are amazing! Geraldine made sure we had everything we needed for our big day! Everything from my flowers to my cake and from the music to the food, everything was spot on! The service here is just exceptional! We loved our garden view room in the tower and really felt like we were on a Hawaiian honeymoon! Thank you, Royal Lahaina!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Lacey · Married on 01/07/2013

Our wedding at the resort went perfectly! We held our wedding and reception on the cottage lawn. it was intimate and beautiful, Geraldine did an amazing job interpreting all of my ideas down to every little detail. She was an amazing help and would highly recommend her as a planner!

Sent on 02/01/2013
  • LoriLee

LoriLee · Married on 09/10/2011

We were married on the oceanfront lawn on 9.10.11 at sunset. We had the ceremony and reception on this lawn and it was fantastic! The view is amazing, the people are professional, the food is delicious and all our guests had a wonderful time. I worked with Geraldine at the Romance Center for about two years of planning (not necessary but just happened this way for me) and wouldn't change a single thing about the day. I never even had been to Hawaii and didn't fly into Maui until four days prior to the wedding, planned everything through email/phone. The resort offers great service overall and our the suite we scored on an upgrade had the most fabulous view! I would definitely recommend this resort!

Sent on 09/22/2011

Korie J. · Married on 07/07/2011

We loved our experince with Geraldine and the Romance Center!! I wanted a stress free wedding and thats just what I got! It was an amazing experience and I cant wait to renew our vows one day. I know I would never be dissappointed!! I highly recommend this service.Its not just a service for them,its a passion that doesn't go un noticed in all of our memories!! MR & Mrs Joe Herrera III

Sent on 03/08/2012

Chantal · Married on 01/25/2018

My Husband and I were just married at the Royal Lahaina two weeks ago and it was the most incredible day of our lives. we had a lower budget wedding with only 18 people total. I wanted a super intimate wedding with the closest people and all of the fun. looking back on the ten moths of planning I would say my only complaint was that I felt passed around by the coordinators, I spoke with 4 different people and sometimes felt it was because of the amount of money I was spending. once arriving at the Royal Lahaina all of those feelings went away. The coordinator that actually ended up handling our wedding was Amy Johnston and she wax incredible. She had notes on every single thing I had discussed with the other coordinators, she answered all of my questions and all f our families million questions. she was incredible helpful. the day of the wedding I was fully aware I probably wasn't as organised as I should have been but Amy handled it all !! she made the day worry and stress free for me, just how it should be. Just before walking down the isle I realised I had forgotten all the jewellery that I planned on wearing and my garter that my grandma had passed down to me. Amy managed to find it all in the mess of all our stuff from getting ready. THANK YOU AMY !. The food was amazing, incredible accomodation and Chris from Photo Hawaii was out of this world. he caught every moment of the day.. there was not one picture I didn't like and YES I already have all of our pictures, I had them within a week :)
    all in all it was amazing !!!
    love the SAWYERS !!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Grace · Married on 12/29/2013

Amy and Geraldine were amazing! I highly recommend getting married at the Royal Lahaina Resort, not just for the venue's beauty, but mostly for having Geraldine and Amy as wedding planners. They are wonderful at what they do and they help you hire the warmest and most talented vendors. The food was amazing, the view was spectacular and honestly, my wedding was so much better than anything I dreamed of. It was absolutely perfect. Geraldine and Amy responds so quickly and really does help you plan the best wedding with your budget and vision. The staff and the vendors made us feel like we've known them forever. They made us feel like they were our closest friends. From the emails back and forth, to the planning, to the villas lawn venue overlooking the ocean, to the food, decorations, DJ, Hawaiian dancer, photographer, videographer, to the champagne and flowers in our room after our wedding everything was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Katie · Married on 07/07/2013

Everything about the Royal Lahaina was amazing! Our wedding was overlooking the ocean on beautiful grass. We have the most beautiful pictures! Our planner took care of everything, flowers, music, food, etc. which made it super easy on us. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a stress free absolutely gorgeous wedding. As far as the rating for responsiveness, its Hawaii, I think that 4.5 is the best you can get.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Dominique French · Married on 05/24/2019

Best Night of Our Lives in the Best Location

The Royal Lahaina was an absolutely wonderful place to have our wedding, and we would do it all over again! Amy, our day-of coordinator and contact at the hotel, was wonderful to work with and kept in touch throughout the build-up to the wedding. She is very laid back and worked with all of our requests. They have a script/timeline/outline they use for a lot of weddings, but uou are able to customize a LOT of things so don't be afraid to ask. The venue is absolutely beautiful, we had minimal decorations but no one missed them with the ocean and beautiful flowers already growing there. We had 60 total people at the wedding and were able to fit everyone outside with the dance floor. Scott, our DJ with Maui DJ Services, was amazing and I highly recommend him for any event in Maui. Our photographer, Lauren Dixon, was also incredible and captured the night perfectly. The guests also raved about the appetizers and buffet food, which we chose without tasting beforehand (parmesan crusted fish & roast beef).

The hotel itself was also perfect. It's not a super fancy hotel (like a four seasons or like some of the hotels in Kihei), but it's beautiful with an excellent location on the beach, and it was perfect for our relaxed, bohemian-type theme and for our laid back guests.

The only comment/complaint I received from guests is that the drinks weren't very strong. However, we served beer and wine as well, so it wasn't a huge deal.

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Royal Lahaina Resort 8
    Royal Lahaina Resort 9

I worked with Geraldine for my wedding about 5 months before the wedding, and she made sure that everything was perfect for our wedding day. We communicated through email 90% of the time, and she was very flexible with the "demands" that I had for the wedding. The time difference from east coast USA and Hawaii also worked out in our favor, so I could call her late at night. She also works some Saturdays/Sundays (she answered my emails on the weekend on occasion). Since our wedding was going to be a very small, Geraldine worked with me to put together a package that had everything we wanted - we had an ocean front ceremony location on the hotel grounds (semi-private), an officiate (we chose religious, but he could have done a non-denominational service), flowers for the bride/groom and the family (we did pay extra for this), a small wedding cake (decorated however you desired) and champagne for the toasting. Geraldine also set up the appointment for the marriage license (and was even able to change it twice to accommodate our vacation plans!).

Overall, everything was taken cared of and we had absolutely nothing to worry about - other than making it to Maui and having everything for the wedding. She met with us and our families the day before the wedding to go through a quick rehearsal for the wedding and answered all of our questions with ease and humor. We had a few props for the wedding (NFL Football as our guest book and football jerseys for our wedding photos) that she took care of the day before and it was ready for us after the ceremony.

She also made sure that there were orchids laid out on our hotel room/bed for our return to the room - it's the little details that make the difference! This was the most care-free and worry-free wedding planning ever! The Royal Lahaina Resort also offers a military discount - which was extremely helpful as well.

Sent on 01/18/2016
  • Tiffani

Tiffani · Married on 09/27/2014

After deciding to have destination wedding, the endless research began. After deciding on Hawaii, I wasn't sure if Maui would be in our budget. After "googling" various Maui hotel wedding website, I came across the Royal Lahaina Resort and was pleasantly surprised by their room rates and wedding packages. I requested additional information from their wedding coordinators and was assigned to Amy Johnston. She was very quick to respond and provided me all additional information I request. After receiving the wedding package information, and comparing the various venues we decided to book the Royal Lahaina Resort for our ceremony and reception. We liked the group rates offered by the Royal Lahaina Resort that our 50 guest could utilize. Amy was a pleasure to work with. She was very patient with me, as I know I am guilty of sometimes being indecisive. We paid a small initial deposit and the remaining balance was due 45 days prior to the wedding as well as the menu selection. Amy was always very accommodating and flexible. We communicated mostly by email back and forth, and I sent her numerous pictures and she did a great job keeping me updated. She is very organized and I loved the estimate spreadsheet documents she provided. We communicated back and forth for over a year, and days before our wedding when we arrived in Hawaii she was still a pleasure to work with. Upon arriving to Hawaii, Amy and her other coordinator Kira (i think thats her name?), walked us through the process and ceremony and receptions areas and went over what to expect. I was a very organized bride myself and I brought some personal touches of my own, but they definitely brought my vision to life with their additional suggestions and decorations. Our wedding was great, all our guest enjoyed themselves and it was truly a night to remember.So glad I stumbled upon the Royal Lahaina Resort because it is definitely a diamond in the rough.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Debbie · Married on 02/12/2012

Excellent service. Wedding planner responded quickly to emails. The location and scenery was breathtaking. All venders recommended were top notch from reception music to photography. Loved the entire day!

Sent on 04/10/2012

sharon · Married on 02/03/2012

Our whole expierience was amazing!!!! From the first phone call, to the last email 2 months after the ceremony, was perfect! Our coordinator Geraldine was pleasant, helpful, and made the whole expierience perfect. The grounds and view were gorgeous ,amazing and intimate setting, every detail was precise and the coordinator strived to deliver and accommodate your every wish and desire, beautiful music and flowers, professional and friendly staff that was helpful with the set up and delivery of the ceremony...........Couples should know that no commericial photography is permitted on that beach so its not a shock, but note, that at least with our photographer, that did not matter and actually was more enjoyable, to catch a more intimate picture from afar instead of someone in our face. Thank you again Royal Lahaina for giving us the most memorable and perfect wedding. We couldn't have asked for anything better

Sent on 04/11/2012

Hello Kitty · Married on 10/15/2016

Great responsive people to work with!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Loree · Married on 06/25/2016

We got married here on June 25th, 2016 and our wedding coordinator was Kira and she was amazing. Their all-inclusive package that we got was WELL worth it. Kira worked closely with me and was very responsive to my questions. She and the Royal Lahaina team definitely took a lot of weight off my shoulders. They helped make my Hawaiian paradise wedding a reality.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Morgan · Married on 04/03/2016

This could not have gone more smoothly! This truly was the wedding of our dreams and then some!

Kira was AMAZING to work with, she was on top of everything and we didnt have to worry about anything.

The flowers turned out better than expected, and the cake tasted amazing!!!

The venue was gorgeous with being on the grass, but only a few steps away from the beach.

It is totally worth it to pay a little extra for all the photos and the additional hour for a photographer

A little bit of advice I would give would be that ask what the minister is like before hand, like personality wise. Ours was pretty great, but he wasn't very personal and he didn't know how to say our new last name so he just skipped that part and we had to say it.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Nikki · Married on 11/11/2011

4.2

I was extremely happy with the Royal Lahaina Resort and our wedding coordinators. During this stressful time they did their best to alleviate the stress and any concerns. Even with the prospect of rain they provided other options in the event of rain on our wedding day. I am a very organized person and after giving some direction to our coordinator on how I wanted things, she was able to execute and put everything together to my approval and even exceed it. Also very friendly and adaptable to the brides' needs.

Sent on 03/07/2012

Aja · Married on 10/01/2017

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

A beautiful location for a destination wedding! Our guests were absolutely over the moon about this resort. Perfect for families and fun, but nothing like a stateside resort. We loved it so much because it was different than anything we’ve seen venue wise. It’s traditional and quaint, with outstanding rooms and views. I wouldn’t change anything about our experience. We were a little concerned about some of the events of the wedding day, some things didn’t go as planned and the coordinator didn’t communicate as well as we hoped the day of. However the planning leading up to the wedding day was painless and easy.

Sent on 10/22/2017