Royal Lahaina Resort Reviews

37 | Lahaina, HI

37 Reviews for Royal Lahaina Resort

37 Royal Lahaina Resort Reviews

rene · Married on 08/30/2018

Thank you, Amy Johnston, for making my daughter's wedding a dream come true. Everything was more than I could have ever imagined. Friends and family raved about the food and the beautiful setting. The dining canopy was the perfect romantic touch. Your gracious staff even accommodated a last minute guest who flew in from Honolulu.
    rene 9/4/18

Casey · Married on 11/10/2017

My husband and I truly had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Amy Johnston and her fabulous team at The Royal Lahaina. Every one of our guests cannot stop talking about how unbelievable the whole thing was! Amy made planning a breeze and took care of every last detail, leaving me a stress-free bride. All the vendors were beyond great. I was nervous as I had never met a single one of them until the day of my wedding, but I was blown away with every aspect of the day! The food was exceptional (which most wedding food isn't if you ask me), the wedding cake was unique and delicious, the DJ kept the whole reception dancing the entire night, the celebrant was perfection and the photographer... WOW! The location is picture perfect and the resort itself is such a nice place to vacation. If there was any downfall at all it would be that a few of my guests had some difficulty with their room reservations. In then end, that all got sorted out relatively easily. All in all, if you are looking for a destination wedding in Maui, The Royal Lahaina will not disappoint.

Royal Lahaina Resort 1

Justine · Married on 07/17/2017

Booking our wedding at the Royal Lahaina was one of our best decisions; we had nothing but the best experience at the Royal Lahaina! You cannot beat the beautiful views, especially sunset after the ceremony and all the wonderful staff at the Royal Lahaina, especially Karlie! Karlie was our wedding planner and made the wedding planning less stressful for us. Karlie was quick in responding back to our emails and answered numerous questions we had. She also provided us a list of vendors they used, which made it a lot easier to choose from and she explained things with ease. Karlie made our dream wedding a reality!

Our officiate, Laki, was hilarious during the ceremony. I loved how different he officiated the wedding and made everyone comfortable and laughing. All of our guests can’t stop talking about him!

DJ Dan & Kaniala were great! Our guest like having Kaniala playing the Ukulele before and after the ceremony as it gave it the Hawaiian touch. DJ Dan played the music we like and kept everyone on the dance floor.

Jessica Pearl was our photographer and LOVED how all the photos turned out! She captured every moment of our wedding.

HiFocused was our cinematographer and LOVED how our video turned out. Jordan and Jessica worked together in making sure they got each shot of our wedding.

Ululani’s Shaved Ice was the talk of our wedding! Instead of having wedding cake for our guests, we opted for shaved ice! Our guests couldn't get enough of the shaved ice and there was always a line!

I can go on and on about my experience with Karlie and the Royal Lahiana but trust me, you will not regret any of it! The wedding came out beautiful. We are so thankful for Karlie and the Royal Lahaina staff for making our special day memorable and remarkable!

Tami · Married on 06/04/2017

The best venue ever! The wedding coordinator was amazing! They handled all the details. I just had to make a few decisions and show up. Thank you Karlie!

• F

Francess and Michael · Married on 04/22/2017

We got married on April 22, 2017. We had our ceremony and reception at this resort. Amy Johnson was the best wedding coordinator ever! She was always available to answer and address all our concerns and questions from the beginning we started planning our wedding! She was very calm and very composed that she made everything stress-free for us! She and her team were always quick to respond to all our emails!
    Ceremony was beautiful, meaningful and memorable! Bride and bridesmaids bouquets, beautiful! Pastor Laki was great and funny!! Just amazing beach sunset view!!! We even saw a rainbow after we exchanged vows!
    We were very happy on how everything work out! It was raining the first few days we arrived to Maui we were concerned that it might rain on our big day! But we loved it that they had a back up location plan!
    You can't control the weather and though it didn't really rain on our wedding day, just having that peace of mind is so worth it! We're glad that we decided on the room on the oceanfront lawn! We appreciate Amy and the entire staff for all their hard work on setting up our reception area! All the details we wanted on the tables and centerpieces were perfectly placed! Our DJ was the best! Everything was perfect timing! He got everyone's attention! Everyone danced! Our guests enjoyed the hors d'oeuvre, food and dessert and our CAKE were spectacular!
    We highly recommend Royal Lahaina Resort for your wedding! And we even recommend that you stay on one of the beach cottages when in Maui!

Erica · Married on 02/25/2017

Booking the Royal Lahaina Resort for our destination wedding was one of the best decisions we have ever made as a couple. The resort itself is is so beautiful and the staff is very friendly, especially to newlyweds! The best part about booking Royal Lahaina Resort for our wedding was the treat of getting set-up with our all star wedding coordinator Kira Carlton! I cannot speak highly enough about her but I will try. We began communication approximately 8 months before our big day and she held my hand every step of the way. She promptly returned my emails with enthusiasm and thoroughly explained all details and options in a way I understood. On the day of the wedding she was incredible! She set up all of our wedding decor beautifully and even more importantly she kept our schedule of events right on track so we had adequate time to fit in all dances, speeches, toasts etc. flowing. All of our guests adored Kira Carlton and say she felt more like a great friend than a coordinator because she was so personable while being so efficient. I am sure all wedding coordinators at Royal Lahaina Resort are wonderful but I cannot imagine our big day without Kira. The Royal Lahaina Resort and any future bride is extremely lucky to have her!

Heather · Married on 02/12/2017

My husband and I had an absolutely amazing experience for our wedding ceremony & reception at the Royal Lahaina! We had stayed there three times prior to this stay and really loved the resort so we decided to have our wedding there and we were not disappointed. We dealt with Kira, one of the event coordinators, and she was wonderful to work with. From the very start of our communication to the very end everything went so smoothly and she was a pleasure to work with. Once we arrived at the resort there really wasn't much we had to do. Everything was taken care of for us which was really nice because it allowed us to spend time with our guests and really enjoy our time in Maui. We really loved everything about the day, from the decor & flowers, the minister, the musician and the photographer, everything was perfect. We had our reception at the hotel restaurant and we certainly do not have any complaints there either. The food, beverage and service was excellent. The hotel service and accommodations were wonderful as well. I know our guests had a really great time which was very important to us as they all traveled far to celebrate this day with us. Thanks to Kira and everyone else that played a part in our big day it truly was the perfect day for us and we will never forget it. We will definitely be back to celebrate an anniversary or two.

S · Married on 10/16/2016

The Resort was absolutely fabulous in all aspects of wedding: Booking room choices, Wedding Coordinator, Flower bouquets and boutonnieres, Table Centerpieces, Cake, Serving Staff and bartenders, Reception Meal and food choices, Photographer, Ceremony Officiant, and our individual requests. Everything exceeded all expectations!

Cindy · Married on 06/18/2016

I hosted my dream wedding at the Royal Lahaina on June 18, 2016 with a guest count of 30 people. We fly in from California and stayed at the resort for 10 days.

Geraldine in romance department was my wedding coordinator and she was amazing! She was attentive, organized, talented and made my wedding perfect! She brought my wedding vision to life and I couldn't be more grateful for Geraldine!

I planned my wedding for a little over a year and sent Geraldine probably over 100 emails and she responded in a prompt manor and never seemed bothered. She is truly a very special person and my wedding night was the most magical night of my life!

Lakki was my officiant and he was hilarious during the ceremony. He made everyone feel comfortable and brought true love and joy to our ceremony!

Chris was absolutely amazing, the photography couldn't not have been better! He captured every moment of our wedding and made the pictures so special.

DJ Dan Maui and Kalo were great too! They brought the beats and the positive vibes to our wedding.

Thank you Royal Lahaina for making our wedding the most special day of our lives. Thank you especially Geraldine Albete for making my wedding memorable and remarkable! You are truly a gifted and talented sweet women and I am so thankful for you talent!

Katie · Married on 06/10/2016

Everything was extremely easy to plan with the great staff! Kira allowed me to plan my entire wedding via e-mail with absolutely zero worries. The wedding turned out 10x better than what I could have ever imagined. My guests still talk about what an amazing and beautiful wedding we had. Thank you Royal Lahaina!

Maegan · Married on 04/08/2016

This was the best experience I could have asked for! This resort is wonderful and just as great as the more expensive locations on Maui. Geraldine was fabulous and so accommodating. The venue looked gorgeous the day of. The flowers, cake, musician and grounds were of high quality and beautiful!

My wife sent me this link to review our wedding, so I want to take a moment to give a groom's perspective. Kira was our wedding planner, and she made our wedding experience very easy. The location was ideal and everything we were hoping for and more. Kira was on top every detail and very attentive throughout our experience. Kira gave me a happy and relaxed bride. We were very fortunate to get her and would not change a thing!

Thank you Royal Lahaina and Kira!
    Kyle

What can I say, The Royal Lahaina thought of everything, but it was Amy in the romance center who was MY everything. She handled everything with ease. What a joy to work with. I can't rave enough about how attentive she was to every detail. Her email responses were always very timely.

The resort accommodated most of my 70 guest that attended our wedding on the property. They all really enjoyed their rooms, the property, and everything it had to offer.

We would totally stay here again.

Angela · Married on 06/05/2015

My husband and I just had our dream wedding at Royal Lahaina Resort in early June of this year and it couldn't have been more perfect. Geraldine was more than what we could've hoped for. She was so responsive, helpful, and so easy to work with. Our wedding day was stress-free which is a rare thing to say for most couples. Destination weddings are stressful because you don't really know what you're getting into. However, I can say that we had the perfect location, wedding coordinator, DJ, food, photographer, videographer, bartender, and flowers for our wedding. If you are planning a destination wedding, Royal Lahaina Resort is the place to do it and Geraldine is the wedding coordinator that will make your dream wedding a reality! Thanks again Geraldine!

Hosted a destination wedding for my daughter and her sweetheart at the Royal Lahaina Resort last week. It was the most amazing location - gorgeous beach, beautiful rooms, excellent service, onsite workout classes free to guests, great restaurants both in the resort, and more walking distance close - just a walk down the beach. We hosted the rehearsal dinner at the luau onsite which was great and a perfect way to get the party started! Having a wedding here was stress free thanks to an amazing wedding coordinator, Geraldine. We just showed up and had a perfect celebration week! She took care of every detail for us. Room rates for wedding guests here are very reasonable too! I highly recommend this slice of paradise. It far exceeded my hopes and was a perfect gathering place for a celebration!

Got married at The Royal Lahaina in May. Stayed for a week along with the family and some friends. The wedding arrangement was well planned and we enjoyed every minute and didn't have to worry about anything! The ceremony was very special and something we and the ones that were with us will remember forever. The view of the ocean was spectacular, it was really the our Hawaiian dream wedding. It was even beyond our expectations.

The main purpose of this trip was to host our Wedding. Our wedding coordinator was Geraldine and she was awesome, every detail was carried out perfectly as discussed. The location of the resort was considered "prime" with direct access to the beach. They even have a green trolley that was complimentary that takes you to Whaler's Village which would save you at least 20 mins walking time along the beach. The rooms were updated and very nice there's no resort fee and the daily parking was $10/day. We would definitely have no problem staying there again.

We recently had on wedding at The Royal Lahaina Resort. Our coordinator was Geraldine and she was AWESOME!! She went above and beyond to help us plan our perfect wedding. We were upgraded to a suite and the room was BEAUTIFUL. Everyone at the resort is friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this resort!!!!

Stephanie · Married on 08/30/2014

Amy Johnston is absolutely amazing! Geraldine has also helped us over the phone (and was great too) but we mostly had contact with Amy. We live in CA and planned our Maui wedding with very little stress...Amy took care of it all! She was very accommodating to our requests and wishes, and helped run our wedding (before and after!) efficiently and smoothly! The food was great, the entertainment was great, and they even helped us with the "little things" we incorporated into our wedding. We highly recommend RLH and Amy!

This venue was excellent, everything was organised for us by the wedding planner, Amy. The whole event was perfect and and the location was stunning. The wedding ceremony and reception exceeded my expectations and I wouldn't have changed anything. For anyone getting married in Maui, I would recommend the Royal Lahaina Resort for a beautiful and stress free event.

lacey · Married on 08/12/2014

My husband and I not only got married here but stayed here for our honeymoon. We were here for two weeks and couldn't of asked for a better place to stay. We went through their romance department for our coordinating services which are amazing! Geraldine made sure we had everything we needed for our big day! Everything from my flowers to my cake and from the music to the food, everything was spot on! The service here is just exceptional! We loved our garden view room in the tower and really felt like we were on a Hawaiian honeymoon! Thank you, Royal Lahaina!!

Lacey · Married on 01/07/2013

Our wedding at the resort went perfectly! We held our wedding and reception on the cottage lawn. it was intimate and beautiful, Geraldine did an amazing job interpreting all of my ideas down to every little detail. She was an amazing help and would highly recommend her as a planner!

• LoriLee

LoriLee · Married on 09/10/2011

We were married on the oceanfront lawn on 9.10.11 at sunset. We had the ceremony and reception on this lawn and it was fantastic! The view is amazing, the people are professional, the food is delicious and all our guests had a wonderful time. I worked with Geraldine at the Romance Center for about two years of planning (not necessary but just happened this way for me) and wouldn't change a single thing about the day. I never even had been to Hawaii and didn't fly into Maui until four days prior to the wedding, planned everything through email/phone. The resort offers great service overall and our the suite we scored on an upgrade had the most fabulous view! I would definitely recommend this resort!

Korie J. · Married on 07/07/2011

We loved our experince with Geraldine and the Romance Center!! I wanted a stress free wedding and thats just what I got! It was an amazing experience and I cant wait to renew our vows one day. I know I would never be dissappointed!! I highly recommend this service.Its not just a service for them,its a passion that doesn't go un noticed in all of our memories!! MR & Mrs Joe Herrera III