Rothchild Catering & Conference Center Reviews

41 | Knoxville, TN

41 Reviews for Rothchild Catering & Conference Center

Lisa · Married on 08/31/2008

While I remember little from the reception, I loved the food, from the lovely arrangements, to the taste, and especially the prices! Rothchild did an amazing job, and our cake was one of the best tasting and looking cakes I have EVER seen! The caterers worked with us on everything, and even offered to shop for ribbon for the cake FOR me! They were great and the food was out of this world!

Sent on 10/06/2008
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 03/17/2012

The reception was beautiful. They did such a great job on making everything look perfect and they were great to work with!! Everyone commented on how great the food was and how elegant it all looked!! The staff and Kasey were terrific. Would definitely recommend them!! We were very pleased!!

Sent on 04/13/2012

Elisabeth · Married on 09/13/2008

They were easy to work with. You do have to use them for your cake. I had wanted to bring one in, but couldn't. They had an event a few months before my wedding where I was able to go sample what they had to offer. That was VERY helpful in deciding what food would be served for the reception.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Candice · Married on 05/17/2015

Rothchild catering and their event rentals were wonderful for our wedding! Jessica was the consultant that had worked with me on planning everything that I needed, and she did a fabulous job! Everyone loved the food and fruit punch they served! After the reception had finished, they cleaned and packed up everything! I definitely recommend Rothchild for catering and rentals!

Sent on 05/29/2015

3.5

Food was excellent with lots of options. Prices are average to current times. Very reasonable and will work with you to create your custom menu!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/11/2011

3.0

The food was wonderful. I picked a wedding cake out of a magazine and they made it look exactly like I requested. I could not have been more pleased with their service. The only thing I rated them lower on was value because I thought their alcohol was very over priced.

Sent on 01/30/2012

The food was good
    the servers are professional
    Price is a bit higher than I would like

Sent on 07/30/2014

Marybeth · Married on 06/25/2016

4.2

We created our own menu for the day of our wedding and were extremely pleased with how it all turned out. The display was beautiful and they were very flexible by allowing us to customize and change things along the way. There was definitely a lot more food than we needed for our guest count, but that is better than not having enough. The one thing I was not happy with was the cake. It just didn't really turn out like the picture I sent in and the cake was too sweet. We also had an ice cream bar, which guests loved, but the little mugs that they served the ice cream in were hot and the ice cream melted by the time guests made it back to their seats to eat it. Granted, it was a hot summer day. We did enjoy that they boxed us up food to take with us. We had to drive to Atlanta the night of our wedding to make our flight the next day and the leftover boxed up food was great when we were starving and stuck in traffic.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Heather · Married on 04/21/2012

3.5

The food was delicious but over priced. My venue deals only with this caterer so unfortunately I had no other choice. They also did my wedding cake which was delicious but the black decor on it faded to brown before they even brought it out to me and it was supposed to have pink ribbon around the bottom if each tier and it did not.

Sent on 05/27/2012
  • User7920674 · 2+ years ago

4.2

Haven't been to a wedding yet but went to a birthday celebration there and it was great....

Sent on 03/18/2017

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

You all were wonderful! It was a pleasure working with you, and thank you for choosing Rothchild Catering to be part of your special day. We're thrilled you were pleased, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Best wishes, and you know where to find us if we can ever be of assistance in the future.

Brenda · Married on 12/15/2006

3.0

Everything was wonderful. The only complaint I have, was my husband lost his cell phone between the reception and the time we left. We tried calling and leaving messeges to see if it had been left the the reception hall and kindly asked that even if it was not there to please at least call and let us know. Never once did I actually get to speak with a person once we left the hall. I had to leave a mean and rude messege before anyone actually called us back to say it was not there.

Sent on 07/25/2008
  • Kassandra

Kassandra J. · Married on 01/21/2021

Could have been better...

The food was delicious and the staff was really friendly and they were flexible with our requests! The only issue was the fact that we ordered a cake cutting service (because we ordered a cake outside of Rothchild) which stated that it came with plates, forks, napkins, and cake cutting but there was confusion with the paperwork that the staff had when they showed up to the venue and they only brought the cake plates. Our coordinator contacted Rothchild, and they told her that the charge was specifically for the plates, yet our contract said it came with what was stated above, and they did not contact us to apologize or anything. Plus, we had confusion with the payment, and we have no idea what happened because the bank said they tried to take the check out twice, and there was money, so they didn’t know what happened. Things happen like that, so we just immediately paid with a card instead! They still charged us a check return fee of $50, which that does not cost them anything...it cost us that from the bank on top of their fee! So, our perfect day just ended up being a little bit more stressful because of this and the fact the staff and our coordinator took forks from the venue without even asking, even after we paid the money for all of this! The staff said there was confusion, yet did not apologize for it or even fix the fact that they kinda messed up! I do not blame the staff for any of this, though I feel they should have called their boss and explained the situation. We had a very small wedding, less than 30 people! Would I recommend? More than likely because the food is delicious, yet it did stress us out quite a bit the day before and day of, especially because of the above stated and the fact we did not receive our linens that we ordered!

Sent on 01/23/2021

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

Hi, Kassandra!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our services. We certainly apologize for the confusion with the cake service. Our staff did talk with your coordinator about the cutting service and thought that the service was taken care of. Our staff usually try to not bother couples with small questions during the wedding, but we have told the servers that in the future, they do have to get permission from the couple unless someone else is approved to make decisions on their behalf. As for your payment, we would be happy to send you a copy of the note from our bank that states the reason for the check not clearing. Hopefully, that will help you resolve the issue that caused your bank to not release the available funds. We checked with our staff regarding the linens. They did bring the complimentary black linens, but they were under the impression that they weren't needed when they arrived to set them up. We are very sorry that the linens were not used as you expected. Although it does sound like there was a miscommunication, We are glad you enjoyed the food! We hope we have an opportunity in the future to better serve you. Congratulations on tying the knot!
  • Barbara

Barbara · Married on 06/08/2014

We got married at Dara's Garden so we were kind of forced to use Rothchild for our catering company. We enjoyed the food from Rothchild but it was definitely not anything special. We wanted to go with a different catering company but we fell in love with Dara's Garden so we decided Rothchild would work even though it was definitely not our first choice. Like I said, the food from Rothchild is good it's just not exceptional. They did a good job and we did not have any issues so I would recommend them. The staff was professional and polite and the guests enjoyed the food so I do not have anything bad to say about them.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Jewell · Married on 08/15/2009

3.8
      3.5

We did our reception here. They have a policy that required all of our food to come from them as well. I was a little hesitant about it at first, but it really turned out well. Everything was delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 01/01/2010

Adam · Married on 11/10/2014

0.0

Please don't believe all of the presumptuous fodder that has been spilled on here. This could be the worst place I have ever done business with. The service from first call call to contact was terrible, prices are WAY over what other vendors are offering. If you would prefer illegal aliens to not be at your ceremony, please do not contact.

Sent on 11/10/2014

0.0

Food was tasteless, staff was unsincere, waaaay overpriced. Ruined my memorable day.

Sent on 11/13/2014