Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering Reviews

37 Reviews for Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering

1 User photo

Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering 1

Donna · Married on 09/21/2018

"Rosy's was simply the best, most magical experience that we could have hoped for. My (now) wife and I picked Rosy's for our wedding/reception venue after scouting other NOLA locations, and boy did we make the right choice!

We had about 110 people at our event, and they all had a blast. Literally, EVERYONE we talked to told us it was the "best wedding they'd ever been to." No exaggeration.

In fact, we heard this even from the twenty-somethings in the audience, most of whom have attended at least 7 weddings per year for the past couple of years. So, if they said "best ever" that is a powerful statement. And the reason it was the best is because of Rosy's and specifically because of Steve & Darlene.

Working with Steve to pick the date and plan the menu was relaxed, smooth, and enjoyable. Working with Darlene to coordinate the event itself was AMAZING. Darlene is empathetic but practical and wise. She helped us make great decisions and talked us out of some potentially clunky ones.

Darlene is the firm-but-loving guiding hand that every important event needs. She loves her job and after you work with her you will love her and feel like she's your friend (which she will be). Plus she's funny (I laughed out loud at least seventeen times).

Oh, and the food was exquisite. That's Steve's specialty, and you can tell it's a labor of love for him. People in New Orleans know good food, and all of our guests talked about how wonderful the food was. So that's another reason to have your event at Rosy's.

In short, everything was incredible from the moment we met with Steve about possibly having our wedding there until we walked out basking in the glow of an epic gathering that will live on in our memory forever."

Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering 2

Rian · Married on 01/13/2018

Fantastic venue! Everyone raved about how amazing the service was! The food was fantastic, drinks were delicious and they worked with us to provide the exact menu that fit our needs. Venue is so beautiful! I wish we could get married again!!

N · Married on 10/27/2017

Our wedding at Rosy’s Jazz Hall was AMAZING—I can’t recommend this place enough. The venue feels cozy, intimate, and casual—a really lovely space. Darlene and Steve are awesome—the food was delicious and Darlene kept everything rolling perfectly throughout the night. Darlene was very helpful in the planning process; she responded promptly to all our emails and sent over lists of vendor suggestions whenever we asked. When wedding day came around, Darlene had everything figured out before we had to ask, so things went much more smoothly than I ever expected. She is a true professional and knows weddings inside and out, which made it easy to work with her and explain what we wanted. We were thrilled with the lively party with great music and tasty food, and our guests kept telling us how much fun they were having. Super happy with Darlene and Steve and Rosy’s as a venue—would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a fun place for a wedding!

Tiffany · Married on 01/16/2017

We got married on a Monday, January 16, 2017 and Darlene and Steve were so accommodating and flexible. Darlene did so much for me and it was such a relief on our behalf to not have to do all of that work. The food was amazing, the space was amazing, and we always had a drink in our hand. Our guests still say that this was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. We even had a second line band! They accommodated this New York-Puerto Rican/Afro-Cajun Mississippi wedding very well and I would recommend this venue to everyone.

Beautiful space and they are very accommodating with suggestions for vendors to work with who they have experience with working with multiple times.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/23/2016

Rosy's Jazz Hall was the perfect location for our wedding reception! Darlene, their wedding coordinator was AMAZING. She provided my new husband and I everything we needed for our night to go smoothly. Everything at Rosy's far exceeded my expectations. The food was delish, the drinks were premium, the atmosphere was classic New Orleans, and the price was unbeatable. I wish I had found Rosy's sooner so I didn't have to go through all of the stress of wedding planning!!

Emily · Married on 06/25/2016

Darlene and Steve were incredible. Darlene acts as an on-site wedding coordinator, and she is very helpful and responsive well before the day-of. She contacts all vendors, collects information easily, and is one of the friendliest and warmest people I got to work with during our wedding. She knows the business inside and out - and basically any band, florist, baker, etc. in NOLA - so you are set! Steve has a chef's background and the food is awesome. Get in there.

Would highly recommend Rosy's - it's the perfect combination of casual and classy. They were really flexible and take great care of you (especially getting you some food, a quick moment before you see all your guests, etc.) Very NOLA feel and affordable. Loved every minute.

Darlene (wedding coordinator) and Steve (owner) are masters at their craft. All of our guests raved about the venue, food (said it was the best wedding food they have EVER had) and drinks. It has a cute courtyard area for some outdoor space, flexible and affordable menu options, and the staff was simply 5 star. Darlene has done hundreds of weddings which really put us at ease. She knows her stuff and she knows what it takes to put on a successful, seamless event. She was quick to respond to all communication, was extremely professional and truly made us feel like she cared about us and the success of our event. We definitely didn't feel like we were just another couple on the schedule getting married and a very personalized experience. Get married at Rosy's Jazz Hall for that authentic, New Orleans wedding that your guests will talk about for time to come. We are so happy we did!

Dannielle · Married on 05/16/2015

Darlene and Steve at Rosy's Jazz Hall are amazing. Our May 2015 wedding here was perfect! The venue is beautiful, the food is great, Darlene and Steve are professional, fun, and know what they are doing. I can't say enough about our great experience here - it was perfect!

j · Married on 04/18/2015

Rosy's is perfect! The atmosphere, the staff, the food-perfection. Every single guest at our wedding had the best time and it was all because of excellent service we received. Darlene and Steve were amazing through all the planning. I worried about nothing on my wedding day. Every part of the day was organized and executed seamlessly. If you're looking for ease, fun and perfection, you're looking for Rosy's!

Tony · Married on 04/04/2015

So first of all – kidnap Darlene. There will be other couples out there that need her services but don’t fall for the trap. This girl is so good you’ll want to keep her for your newborn’s 1st birthday, the subsequent high school graduation, and your 25th anniversary party. Steve and the rest of the staff were absolutely flawless. They said what they did and did what they said. Every “I” dotted, every “t” crossed. And the guests are still talking about the food, the venue and the band. What a night! Many thanks to this quality organization. You won’t find any better.

Jenna · Married on 03/28/2015

Rosy's truly is one of a kind! Steve and Darlene are so passionate about the history and character. They made the whole process as easy and low stress as possible and were available for us every step of the way. And when it came to the actual day, everything went perfectly, down to the last detail, and our guests had such a blast that they had to be kicked off the dance floor ;) Thank you for an unforgettable and legendary event!

Lindsey · Married on 01/23/2015

We are still getting great reviews from friends and family about how much fun our wedding was! That our venue place was so unique and the food was amazing! I completely agree with them and we are so pleased with Steve and Darlene. They take great pride in their service. All the bartenders were great too. It was so quick to get a drink, so much food for everyone, lots of seating for all. I truly am so happy that we picked this place for our wedding reception. The stage for the band is great. It makes the music sound soooo much better than a normal reception hall. We had our own room upstairs to eat by ourselves which was wonderful. Any time my drink was almost empty, Darlene or any bartender was there in a flash to get me a new drink!

Our champagne glasses were broken when they took them out of the box, so Darlene quickly had a back up pair, like no problem.

Only words of advice, when you go upstairs to eat privately, just you and your new husband, make sure to ask for EXTRA fried oysters cordon bleu! Those were the best ever and I only had 3. I could have eaten 100 by myself! :)

The best thing about Rosy's is that it was once a real jazz hall in the 70's. My parents used to go there all the time. The building is also very old too. Its got that french quarter feel without the french quarter prices! I would recommend it to everyone. AND your whole wedding party can either go to Tipitina's or F&M's right after!

Veronica · Married on 10/17/2014

Steve, Darlene and the staff of Rosy's made our reception a party to remember. I had been to a wedding there many years ago and fell in love with the space. If you are looking for a space that is quintessential New Orleans, this is it! The house is gorgeous with exposed brick, an interior courtyard & a real attitude of NOLA funkiness. The food, the food!!! IS AMAZING!! About half of our guests were locals and they raved about the food. That is saying a lot because people from New Orleans know about food.
    We were a no fuss couple and really didn't want to do any of the typical wedding traditions. We just wanted to party. So planning was pretty straight forward. Even so, Darlene and Steve were very responsive to all of our questions, which made planning via email very easy. They were very warm and inviting when we met them in person. And patiently answered all of my Dad's questions. They are real pros who know how to throw a successful party. I felt like our suggestions were heard and their advice was extremely helpful.

Can't compliment the fabulous crew at Rosy's Jazz Hall enough. From the beginning, Steve and Darlene were easy to work with and quick to respond - which made the process of planning our destination wedding so much easier. They had wonderful insight on other vendors to work with, from the music to the photographers, and great ideas about how to keep 175 guests entertained throughout the ceremony and reception. The venue itself is absolutely charming, the bartenders kept the drinks flowing and our guests raved about the delicious food. We loved the "party style" atmosphere Rosy's offers - the spread out cocktail tables, two bars and hot/cold buffet promote more engagement between guests and a whole lot of dancing! Darlene was a lifesaver - kept everything moving smoothly and even made sure we had a few minutes of private time (and food) away from the masses. A big thumbs up to all at Rosy's - you couldn't pick a better place to get married!

Rosy's Jazz Hall was the perfect venue site for our reception. Steve and Darlene were so easy to work with and made the preparation process seamless. Everything was so smooth the night of our reception. Everyone raved about the food and the service was spectacular. I would highly recommend taking a peek at Rosy's Jazz Hall to all those brides looking for a reception site; you won't regret it!!

Jolie · Married on 12/31/2013

Rosy's Jazz Hall is the perfect venue for your wedding if you want to have FUN!! The prices are very fair, Darlene and Steve are very accommodating and helpful. Darlene has about 500 wedding under her belt! The upstairs where the bride gets ready is amazing. I wish I could say something about the food, but I didn't get a chance to eat-so make sure you have them prepare you a togo box of food-everyone else said the food was awesome. The staff was very friendly and they looked like they were having fun too, which I loved! I wish I could throw another party there!

Deb · Married on 12/14/2013

Rosys Jazz Hall proved to this New Yorker guest that there is more to weddings than glitz and glamour. Here at Rosys you get the unique New Orleans vibe in the exposed brick decor as well as the french quarter style balcony that overlooks the wedding ceremony. The balcony was also another way to fully view the ceremony. I loved the New Orleans style feeling I got when entering the adjoining room. Instead of large assigned tables, cocktail tables were placed around the room to encourage interaction among the guests. Typical New Orleans food, along with the memorable crab balls and lamb chops were passed around freely. In addition, the delicious hot and cold buffet was open all night The staff along with the General Manager, Steve and Wedding Coordinator, Darlene could not have been more accommodating. I was made to feel that this was going to be a special wedding. They did not disappoint. Half way through the evening we were treated to a traditional NOLA brass band that marched into the room. Dancing and singing with napkins raised in the air continued throughout their performance. While the band was an addition that is offered to the bride and groom, it brought that New Orleans ambiance that this "outsider" enjoyed the most.
    Whether a New Orleans resident or looking for a destination venue, I would highly recommend Rosys Jazz Hall as the place to cater your next affair.

Sarah · Married on 12/14/2013

Rosy's was absolutely amazing!! Our guests have been raving since their first sighting of the building and have not stopped since! Specifically, the food was incredible - we had lots of vegetarians and people with dietary restrictions at our event, and we were able to add a couple of additional dishes to the menu in order to make sure everyone was well fed. Also, the staff at Rosy's were incredible - friendly, non-intrusive, and helpful to no end. Darlene (the wedding coordinator) was especially wonderful, in both taking care of myself and my husband (making sure we got food and drink, didn't miss important parts of the reception, and got a little alone time) as well as the other important guests (parents of the bride and groom especially). Overall, Steve and Darlene made what could have been a very stressful planning process into one that went smoothly and pleasantly. I would wholeheartedly recommend them and Rosy's to any couple looking for a totally fun and festive experience!!

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2012

Rosy's Jazz Hall was the perfect choice for Ronnie and I when planning our Oct 12 wedding! The staff at Rosy's is absolutely amazing! From the planning to the actual day I was never once concerned...I knew Steve, Darlene, and the rest of the staff had it covered. The food was so delicious and the staff prepared us hefty "go box" to help soak up the cocktails once we made it home! Rosy's is a true New Orleans style venue and has the greatest vibe! From beginning to end everyone took such great care of us and made sure we had the perfect day!

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2012

Steve and Darlene rocked our September 15th wedding!!

It was difficult planning a wedding from another state but they made it much easier!

If we were to get married all over again, I would DEFINITELY do it at Rosy's. It was ABSOLUTELY amazing. Steve and Darlene are so laid back in the best most helpful way. We were living in Brooklyn at the time so we had many logistical concerns about guests coming in town and getting to the venue, etc. and they both were so helpful at every turn. Many NYC friends are still saying 3 years later that our wedding was the best they've ever been to. The bars were amazing, we paid extra to have a second bar and to be honest, the bartenders were so fast and awesome that it wasn't necessary. There was always a crowd of people at the bar, but never a line. The setup is amazing - it allows people who don't want to be in the thick of the dance floor to sit in the adjacent room, but still see what's happening on the dance floor. The outdoor area was just beautiful at night. Honestly, I would not change one thing. BOOK Rosy's - you will not regret it!!!

Melissa · Married on 04/21/2012

I really can't say enough positive things about Rosy's Jazz Hall and Steve and Darlene. All of our guests had a wonderful time, the food is amazing and it was such a great venue. Steve was really easy to work with from the get go. He worked with us on every detail - customizing the menu, adding stuff to the bar, etc. We even ended up ending the reception by one hour about 15 minutes before the original end time because everyone was having so much fun! Darlene, the on site coordinator, was amazing too. She made sure I was able to enjoy my own wedding (something that I think is probably pretty hard to do!)

The only possible complaint that I have is that Rosy's isn't super flexible in terms of changing their layouts. They know what works for them and that's what you are going to have. For example, I really wanted to move the food into the atrium instead of the dance floor. I was told that it wouldn't work in terms of flow of the event, etc. At first, I was a bit annoyed but they really do know the venue better
    and were willing to work through pretty much everything with me. I ended up loving the end result.

Our out of town guests loved the ambiance and were happy for a break from the CBD and FQ. Our in town guests loved it too - many of them didn't even realize it was there!

I don't know what sort of reason I'd have to host another event there, but I'd jump at the chance. Steve and Darlene are the BEST.

Nicole · Married on 03/23/2012

Rosy's was a phenomenal venue. Darlene the wedding planner they provide had everything under control. From the moment we walked into the venue she took care of everything. The food was awesome, the place was beautiful. We have had so many compliments since the wedding. Steve is the general manager and he also worked very hard to make sure he accomadated us from certain types of liquor to specifics. God really led us in the right direction on this one.

I wish I could give them 6/5, especially for value! Steve and Darlene worked so hard to make our wedding everything we dreamed it would be. I had some important requests, namely that my husband and I get a minute to ourselves before the reception, and I needed special accommodations for my dad, who is disabled. Darlene went above and beyond to make sure that all of that happened. Also, they were extremely flexible with our menu planning. About a month before the wedding, I realized our guest list was larger than we thought and that we'd have to step down the menu to keep from going over budget. Steve was great about making the change, and six months later, everyone is still talking about how great the food was. I cannot recommend them enough.