Rosecliff Reviews

Rosecliff View more information

• Priya
    Priya Married on 07/03/2021

An absolute dream!

This mansion was out of a fairytale!!! I had the best time here and was able to enjoy every moment of the evening. Our wedding was originally scheduled on July 4 2020, but due to the pandemic we moved it to July 3 2021. Megan was incredibly proactive about securing the new date for us and helping us to navigate all of Rhode Island's rapidly changing restrictions. While there are many rules at Rosecliff as others have mentioned, Megan was incredibly responsive and helped us understand everything. Our other vendors have worked here very frequently (Sayles Livingstone, Blackstone Caterers, Susan Sancomb Photography, DJ Valentina) so they were able to navigate all the restrictions without any issues. Thank you for an amazing time!
  • Zachary
    Zachary Married on 09/28/2019

Stunningly Perfect

We had the honor of having both our ceremony and reception at Rosecliff and the privilege of working with Jennie and her team throughout our planning process. Simply put: the venue is beyond breathtaking. My fiancé and I opted to keep our guest list small to ensure we fit into the parlor in the event of rain, but in the end were fortunate enough to have perfect September Weather and held our ceremony on the back lawn.

I know it has been mentioned in other comments, so to address: yes, Rosecliff is a historic property and museum, so it obviously has stringent rules. The beauty of the property needs to be preserved. Jennie was able to maneuver our day-of plans to conform to all the venue’s operating practices while making sure our vendors were accommodated and the day went off without a single problem. In the end, every single guest was in awe of the venue and the event, and not a single vendor had an issue with setup or breakdown. It was truly unforgettable.

I work within the wedding and event industry and have the privilege of working with some of the leading event professionals. Among all my experiences, Jennie and her team were second to none. We could not recommend them more.
  • Kassandra
    Kassandra Married on 08/15/2019

A fairytale venue

Rosecliff was a dream. I got married there on a Thursday night and it was the absolute most wonderful fairytale day of my life. Jennie and the special events team were professional friendly and made the entire planning process smooth. There was even one day where I asked about how to number the tables and Jennie went above and beyond to email me back moments later from her phone on a weekend. Alison was a pleasure to work with too. On the day of, Jennie was so sweet and relaxed which kept all of my family and wedding party relaxed. She organized the timeline and all the behind the scenes details with my vendors to make the whole night run seamlessly. I can say enough wonderful things about her and the breathtaking mansion. The view out on the terrace and down by the fountain for the ceremony was unbelievably beautiful. The ballroom/reception and dessert room were breathtaking too. All my guests were taking SO many pictures of the entire room, ceiling, stairs, etc. Everyone said they had the time of their lives. FIVE stars all around.
  • User986547 2+ years ago
    Outstanding views and infrastructure for hosting a wedding! Ideal venue for hosting a wedding.
    Breathtaking view of the ocean. It's a beautiful mansion.
    Nicole Married on 10/02/2010
    The team at Rosecliff was fabulous. It is truly the most wonderful venue a bride could ask for. I wanted a seaside wedding and it was the most elegant and beautiful venue I could find. The Preservation Society and Plantation Catering gave me my New York wedding in Newport. It was perfect in every way. It truly is a wonderful and beautiful atmosphere to have a wedding. I could not recommend it more for their professionalism, curteous service and kindness they showed me and my family.
    Katie Married on 08/19/2011
    Rosecliff Mansion is the most beautiful place to have a wedding. It is absolutely perfect. Picture the ocean crashing up in the backyard of your reception site with sailboats sailing by, while your guests sip cocktails around a large fountain in the backyard before entering into the grand ballroom with a painting of a sky and giant chandelier overhead. It is absolutely breathtaking. Although it is expensive to have a wedding here, if you can afford it it's the premiere wedding venue. And one your guests will never forget!
    Cara Married on 11/12/2016
    Phil and the Rosecliff team helped us make our day so beautiful! Rosecliff is a choose-your-own-adventure in terms of vendors (except for a short list of caterers) and so you can customize it to your day. I would highly recommend also having a wedding planner (we loved Eventfully Planned!) to help you coordinate the various vendors given the wide variety of choices. Keep in mind: The venue rental is expensive but worth it for the magical old world feeling on your wedding night - you cannot get into the venue until after the museum closes which may be burdensome if you want an outdoor ceremony (we got married in a Catholic Church). Phil was there on our wedding night and pulled out all the stops to ensure we had a wonderful time - we would highly recommend this venue!
    Lauren Married on 06/15/2013
    Rosecliff is an absolutely incredible venue- if it is in your budget, you will not be disappointed. The only negative is that you need to provide/pay for everything- including soap for the restrooms
  • User1236146 2+ years ago
    The number of requests that the Preservation Society must get is surely daunting and as a result, they are very strict about policy and protecting their properties. That being said, we were extremely happy with the venue and the staff we communicated with as we planned the event. The setting definitely assisted us in staging an elegant, classic and fairy tale wedding. We couldn't find anywhere that topped Rosecliff for that ambiance. Newport has top quality vendors and is a great location to inspire guests to travel to. The only thing we didn't feel we needed but were required to pay for was a coat check person that just sat at the front and a couple of security/valet types that were unnecessary. The landscape and views from the back of the house are breath taking. We were told by many guests that our wedding was the most beautiful they had ever been to. Holding it at Rosecliff was surely a huge component in creating such an impression.
    Jennifer Married on 05/07/2011
    Beautiful, picturesque location! My only negative comments would be the lack of flexibility and the very, very expensive costs. Also, the day goes by so quickly I wish we could have had more time. Since we had both our ceremony and reception on site, I felt very rushed and the day just flew!
    Elizabeth Married on 02/07/2008
    This was the most gorgeous venue, but they are not easy to work with. They have many rules and it is very expensive. That being said, it is an incredibly beautiful venue.