Rose Chapel Reviews

Rose Chapel 1
Rose Chapel 2
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2008

After lots of searching Rose Chapel was exactly what we were looking for. The neighborhood is a little disasterous but once you get on the grounds it's lovely. We got tons of complements on this location. The Rose garden is beautiful and the staff is friendly and accommodating. They had a crew to help us setup the morning of and the on hand representatives went above and beyond when it came to the reception - cake cutting, punch making, they were great. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget. The reception hall is huge with plenty of room for guests and dancing (150 guests max) and had an optional sound system ($150) which we connected to our laptop for music. LOVED this place

Sent on 05/20/2008

3.5

The Rose Chapel staff was great to work with and very kind and responsive. Minette worked with us for our wedding reception, and she was very kind, calm and understanding. I like that Rose Chapel is flexible for the most part, and there weren't too many rules. The reception hall has beautiful tall ceilings, and big windows!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Suzanne · Married on 06/15/2013

3.5

We enjoyed having our wedding at rose chapel! The ladies that work there are so sweet and try to make your day so special. The chapel was a nice place but the ballroom was beautiful!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/03/2010

I looked at multiple venues and the Rose Chapel
    was the last of them for me to see. People say first impressions are everything...well the outside of this venue made an awesome first impression on me. It was very important for me to find a venue that was just as beautiful outside as it was inside. When you first walk up the vintage outside looks is so charming and the garden is breath taking, especially when photographing! The inside of the chapel
    was amazing as well as the ballroom with the newly installed wood floors. My caterer informed me that they are one of the easiest venues she's had the pleasure of working with! The staff was so helpful and helped me take care of any stress or worry that I had. My day couldn't have been more perfect and I know that the staff and their beautiful venue played a huge part in that! Hint- Around the corner from the chapel is a beautiful side of a building which makes for some awesome photographs:-)

Sent on 02/24/2011

Heather · Married on 06/15/2008

Beautiful location, great staff. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/29/2008

Sixian · Married on 12/28/2007

3.0

Beautiful place, good prices, just not very flexible on times.

Sent on 02/26/2008

Leslie · Married on 10/15/2010

The venue was beautiful and I got a lot of compliments from the guests on the charm of the place. The price was great and I LOVED having both the ceremony and reception at one site, it made things so easy and stress free for us and the guests.

I did feel like the day of coordinator was a little over-hyped by the venue; it seemed like we were doing a lot of DOC-type things ourselves; 45 minutes before the reception the candles were not lit and the floral arrangements were not on the table; both items I had been previously assured would be taken care of by the venue. A friend of mine took care of the arrangements and chased down the DOC to get her to handle the candles, which she did without delay.

Overall, these small things weren't enough to make me regret the choice, I would definitely get married there again and recommend them to other brides!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Alison · Married on 07/07/2012

3.0

W loved having our wedding and reception here. It was easy to decorate, not too big, not too small for us (~130 guests). The staff is great, very nice and patient. They have quite a few rules about how things must be done that are not always the most convenient, but we worked around those, and found them very reasonable.

The area around makes for good photos.

I think it is competitive with other wedding venues, but I I wish it was a little more affordable. We paid around $2,300 for a Saturday afternoon wedding.

Overall i would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Janel · Married on 08/10/2013

4.2
      3.5

Its a great place to have both wedding and reception. It does look old timey, but it all worked out great for us and looked amazing! I was pleased with everything throughout the process of getting things figured out up to the end of THE actual night!! The only thing I did not like was the time slots available to rent. I was under impression we had until 11:30 and everyone would exit then, when actually they had everyone exit about 1045 in order to clean up and be out of there by 1130 "/ all in all it was great and I do recommend this place, but get the times RIGHT !:)

Sent on 09/25/2013

Amy · Married on 05/11/2008

4.2
      3.5

Great value for money. All chairs and tables were included in our rental of the chapel and reception hall. The venue is beautiful, with a rose garden available for the ceremony and a chapel on site as a backup in case of weather. The venue staff was very helpful and cooperative, though they did have a bit of a rough time with my caterer. Be advised: they do not allow ANY cooking on site. I had planned to have sweet potato fries as a passed appetizer at my reception, but the chapel's contract would not allow the caterer to bring in a tabletop fryer, so we had to make other plans.

Something else to consider: The chapel is in a historic neighborhood (which contains some very expensive and very beautiful homes), but is on the very edge of the neighborhood and some of the houses across the street look a little rough. I used to live in this neighborhood and it is PERFECTLY SAFE, but if you have very snooty relatives, they may have some snotty remarks for you.

Sent on 05/20/2008

3.0

My wedding coordinator didn't do much the day of the wedding. Did nothing to help make things run smoother. Since she did nothing to help, our ceremony started 30 min late. People were leaving the reception bc our photos were taking so long and she wouldn't open the buffet or even ask me, my husband or my parents. So 1/3 of our guests were gone when we got back. She also lied to my face during rehearsal. We had people from out of town that were late so we were late to our rehearsal and they only let us practice once. They said they had another rehearsal after ours At 830pm. We stayed in the hall and outside til after 9 and no one ever came. The coordinator left when we left. And we needed that extra time to figure out cultural differences between my husband's and my families.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Emily · Married on 11/28/2009

Beautiful place

Sent on 12/02/2009

Becky · Married on 12/01/2007

3.0

They handled alot of the vendors the day of the wedding to take stress off of me and the family. They took control of the set-up of food, decorations, dj, and slide show.

Sent on 06/28/2008
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 01/18/2014

3.8
      3.5

Very affordable venue. Convenient for guests (parking, one venue for ceremony and reception, easy to find location close to hotels).

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2009

3.8
      3.5

Overall, we had a good experience with the Rose Chapel. The staff is extremely friendly. Everyone commented on how beautiful the wedding was. But we did have a few problems, the worst being the rehearsal. Everyone had to wait out in 100 degree heat for 45 minutes because they were late and we couldn't get in. At the reception there were a few small issues with the wait staff not listening to requests (not setting out our personalized cake napkins). But it didn't matter because we were enjoying being in the moment and not worrying about those small things. I'd recommend the Rose Chapel, it was a beautiful place to have our wedding. Just make sure you iron out all the details with them before the big day!

Sent on 07/09/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2007

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

My wedding turned out beautiful at the Rose Chapel. I think they could update some of the furniture in the brides room and they should have someone who does the music, I had to get a relative to work the sound system. The Ballroom is gorgeous!

Sent on 01/16/2008

ashlee · Married on 11/03/2018

1.8

Unprofessional

Let me start by saying the chapel itself is beautiful, and so is the ball room.

The day before my wedding we had our rehearsal, the new “director” was a nightmare. They got our timeline messed up, and expected us to decorate within an hour, and show back up an hour and a half before the wedding started. So I asked him could we come in an hour sooner. He put his hand in my face, snapped his finger and threw a complete fit. He called me a liar several times, in a room full of people. When I asked for the owner of the buildings information he then came back and told me “I’m the director I can do that”. If this wasn’t the day before my wedding I would have gotten a refund and moved my wedding else where.
    The day of the wedding, was horrible. When I showed up the photo booth wasn’t put up. When I asked where it was at they informed me there wasn’t enough room. When there was. They put it together away from the tables so no one knew to use it. And they forgot a whole table, so I had 10 guests with no seats. I was so embarrassed.
    The coordinators didn’t stay on top of anything. One of them stayed in the chapel and I didn’t see her for more than half of my reception. They didn’t time keep for me like they promised they would. And none of the trees were lit up.
    I’m so disappointed. And will NOT recommend this establishment ever again.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Rose Chapel's reply:

We’re so sorry for how you feel about your experience. We hold ourselves to the highest level of professionalism. There seems to have been some confusion about our decorating policy. In the future, we will make sure to explain ourselves better. We are glad you have brought this to our attention and hopefully you can see how we did, in fact, accommodate you with allowing you to come in that hour earlier.

Our staff triple checks the layout information the office provides from the meetings with our brides. We try our hardest to ensure everything is how it was planned. That being said we also have to ensure all doorways are not blocked for safety reasons.

Our coordinators assist the wedding party along with the bride and groom. Our goal is to have every wedding running as smoothly as possible without having to disturb the couples special time.

Again, we are sorry you feel this way about your time here. We appreciate any and all critiques as they help us improve our guest’s experiences. If you have any other concerns you’d like to talk to us about please do not hesitate to let us know.