Rose Chapel Reviews

66 Reviews for Rose Chapel

Rose Chapel 1
Rose Chapel 2

Tracie · Married on 03/09/2014

The Rose Chapel was amazing and perfect for my wedding reception. Simone and Joanie were the sweetest. On the day of the event Mrs. Juanita was so helpful! I made the right choice when I chose them. The value is great and the facility is beautiful! !!!

Sent on 03/14/2014
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 02/23/2014

We loved everything about this venue! The staff was enormously helpful, so friendly and excited for us. We got an incredible deal that was perfect for our budget and the staff went above and beyond what they had to do to make our day special. Our friends kept telling us over and over how beautiful it was, and our photographer and videographer got the most beautiful and unique shots from all different areas of the venue. Thanks Rose Chapel!

Sent on 03/05/2014

JANICE · event on 01/05/2014

Our entire family was thrilled with the experience we had holding our Mother's memorial service at the Hall. Simone Scott helped us plan the entire event. With five sisters to deal with, she was friendly, professional, caring, and very organized. Though our event was on a Sunday afternoon! and I know they had events the two nights prior - everything was ready on time, set up beautifully and just as planned.
    The sound system, microphones, tables, linens, and the personnel there to help us - everything was wonderful. We had more people than we expected and extra chairs were quietly and efficiently added so all were comfortable. We were so happy with the service and got so many compliments on the event and the venue. We are so grateful for all the help we received and the beautiful service. Thank you, Simone and RoseLynn from all of the Arvin family.

Sent on 02/09/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/07/2013

We could have chosen a better venue for our daughter,Christina's wedding. The weather didn't cooperate but the staff of the venue certainly did. The staff was absolutely super! We could not have been more pleased. The wedding was beautiful! The reception great! And all those who in attendance could not have been more complimentary of both the venue and staff. I will definitely recommend them to everyone I know looking for a venue.

Sent on 12/09/2013
  • Jess

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2013

The Rose Chapel/Southside Preservation staff was incredibly amazing. My husband is in the military and was stuck overseas, in just a day the entire staff changed our wedding date last minute and even came in on their day off. Out of all of our vendors, I was the most pleased with this one and will be eternally grateful for how wonderful they are!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Shannan · Married on 10/11/2013

We had a beautiful wedding at Rose Chapel. We could not have asked for a better venue and group of people to work with. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice to work with. There was not one thing that went wrong at the rehearsal or the wedding. Lots of our guests were commenting how wonderful this venue is. It is a best kept secret, so lucky we happned to find this place. It was definately a storybook wedding! Special thanks to the wonderful staff at Rose Chapel who made our daughter feel like the most important and beautiful bride in the world. Shannan

Sent on 10/17/2013

May · Married on 05/18/2013

We loved working with the ladies of Rose Chapel! They were absolutely amazing, friendly and very knowledgeable. You couldn't ask for better customer service. :)

Sent on 06/24/2013

susan · Married on 05/04/2013

We got married in the rose garden outside under a grapevine veranda with 20 family members-it was BEAUTIFUL. Roses, irises and a variety of flowers were blooming all around us and are in the background of all of our wedding pictures. The staff was super helpful and very flexible as I even changed the time of day after we decided to do an evening wedding followed up by a reception at Ellerbee Fine Foods. We rented the outside courtyard for 1 1/2 hours and Rose chapel did not rush us out and allowed us extra time to take pictures which I really appreciate.
    I also appreciated the fact that we could use the chapel inside if the weather was rainy so at least we had a backup plan for bad weather. Fortunately we were able to get married outside but it was peace of mind knowing we had another option.
    We got dressed in the brides and grooms rooms provided which were very comfortable and are inside the chapel area.
    Overall the experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend Rose Chapel for any venue!

Sent on 05/22/2013

I cannot express how awesome this place is!!!! The staff is absolutely wonderful!!!!! They are amazing! I don't know how I would have made it through my wedding without Joni! She is one of the coordinators. I did not have a thing to worry about! I recommend them to the fullest!!!! My wedding was in February and I am still grateful for them this day!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Jan · Married on 09/01/2012

As wedding coordinator in the DFW area, I knew when it came time to renew our vows The Rose Chapel was the place for us. The atmosphere and value were outstanding and the staff topnotch. They follow up with vendors, make sure the day of goes perfectly.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Grace · Married on 04/22/2012

The Rose Chapel has a beautiful curb up appeal with its beautiful garden.
    From the start Simmone and all the personnel of The Rose Chapel made my
    wedding planning very easy. With their sound advise of years of experience
    the results turned out to be a flawless wedding were groom and I (the bride)
    were able to enjoy every moment of our special day without having to stress about last minute details. Simone and staff were available to assist me every step of the way. I highly recommend this venue and now that I can view the video of our wedding I realize that we all had the best party of our lives.
    I had a total of 140 guest and rented the chapel, reception area, and ballroom. We had a live band and plenty of space to dance. I had the caterer set up in the reception area with a photo booth and 2 extra tables just in case. They worked with me to accomodate all my needs.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Donna · Married on 03/03/2012

All of the ladies were friendly, helpful and quick to respond to all of our requests the day of the wedding. The ease of having the wedding and reception in one location while still having a traditional church wedding was exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 03/08/2012
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 06/10/2011

Rose chapel was great! They really helped with a lot of things. I wasnt the traditional bride and wanted things different and they were very accomidating
    !

Sent on 07/01/2011

Tara · Married on 05/13/2011

This venue is wonderful. I cannot say enough positive things about them. They had lightning speed responses to email which was important to me because I had a lot of questions. Every one there was incredibly sweet and kind and helpful. I think I worked with 6 ladies and they all knew what they were talking about and it felt like they really cared about my wedding. The place is gorgeous. Flowers everywhere and ivy running up the building. The ballroom is beautiful and, if you get their special package, they really set you up with some great extras like a lighted punch fountain and beautiful centerpieces that worked perfectly with our theme. They were so helpful on the day of and it really let me relax and enjoy my special day. They have everything you could need and more and the price was fantastic. They were the least expensive place I found but the best one. We looked at this place first and had appointments for the other two but we knew as soon as we left that that was the place. But, we kept our appointments just in case but we were right. They had everything and nowhere else came close. And I was reminded of their awesomeness every time I had to email them and change a time or ask a question. They're also very honest. We paid for use of their sound system but a couple of weeks before the wedding they let me know that our dj would have his own and they would refund us for what we weren't going to have to use. They could have just kept the money but they're good, honest, sweet people. I'd recommend this place to anyone, and already have. :) Take a trip down there and see what makes them so special.

Sent on 05/20/2011

Jane · Married on 01/15/2011

The Rose Chapel ballroom was the first reception venue my daughter and I looked at. In an effort to be thorough, we looked at many more. Don\'t know why we bothered, because we were enthralled by the charm and character of this vintage (ca. 1920) ballroom from the get-go. I think one reason we didn\'t commit sooner is that we erroneously thought we had to use both the ballroom and chapel. This is incorrect; you may rent rooms a la carte (there is a small reception hall also available). So many guests asked, \"where did you find this place?\" It is a little gem in an imperfect but blossoming neighborhood. Given that it was a January event, we got a price break and many extras which normally would garner additional fees. That didn\'t hurt! The only things we added were champagne, Tiffany blue rose petals for each table, table nos (we had a seating chart), seating charts, and favors. I took these things by the day before, and the staff placed each exactly as requested. The staff worked extremely well with our other vendors (Black-eyed Pea, Colleen\'s Cakes, DFW Mobile DJs, and Images by Rebekah). The afternoon reception had an evening feel as the shutters were closed when the dancing started and the disco ball got cranked up. The dj set up on stage (very visible and didn\'t take any floor space...note that most djs bring their own sound system so you shouldn\'t have to rent the ballroom speakers). Clean-up was a breeze, and the staff even helped with the things we needed to take with us. We got our deposit back within days. Please do yourself a favor and make an appointment with Amy or Simone. Also, know that the rental fee is not only paying the staff but also allowing for the continued upgrade and maintenance of this Southside Preservation Society structure. If you want to check it out \"in use,\" there is a monthly Friday night swing dance in the ballroom!

Sent on 01/24/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 10/16/2010

A beautiful place to have a wedding. Joni was so helpful and made sure things went smoothly. I was lovely!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Tracey · Married on 06/14/2008

The Rose Chapel was absolutely gorgeous... Everyone said "Where did you FIND this place, it is GREAT!". It felt so cozy and intimate, and historical. The wedding planners that are there to assist you in the process are WONDERFUL ladies. I cannot say enough for how great Amy was on the day of the wedding. She made sure that things ran smoothly. The place was beautiful, I would recommend it in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/24/2008

Jessica-Jean · Married on 04/28/2018

We had our wedding here in late April and I absolutely loved everything about it as did our guests. This is a great place for a very charming wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/26/2014

We were initially attracted to the Rose Chapel for our wedding reception because they were the only venue in the area which could accommodate a guest list our size that would also allow us to bring in our own food and alcohol. Since we were sticking to a strict budget and had a large guest list, that was very important to us.

The only reason I didn't give them 5/5 for Flexibility is because they have a "No Kegs" rule. Other than that, they were truly VERY flexible and incredibly willing to work with us! They allowed us to move our "decorating time" to earlier in the wedding day so that my bridesmaids and I would be sure to have plenty of time to get ready before the ceremony. They worked with me to ensure that I would have the right table setup for all of my guests and they had all of the tables perfectly arranged on the morning of the wedding, making the decorating process on the morning of the wedding so easy. They contacted all of my wedding vendors and really eliminated me as the middle man when it came to day-of planning. Best of all, they quickly responded to every email I sent, which truly helped wedding planning stress to be lessened. They truly worked to ensure that we were happy and stress-free!

We had our ceremony at another venue and held our reception in the Grand Ballroom and the smaller Reception Salon. We used the Grand Ballroom for dinner and dancing and the smaller Reception Salon for the buffet, photobooth, and overflow tables. It couldn't have been a more perfect for the size of our wedding (about 180 guests).

It was beautiful and every staff member was so helpful - especially Joni and Simone! I am so happy with our choice to use the Rose Chapel.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Marcia · Married on 08/05/2012

Rose Chapel is located in the Historic district of Fort Worth. It is beautiful venue.

From the very moment I entered the chapel, I knew this was the place I would marry my now husband.

I had read a couple of reviews on the professionalism of the staff, especially Joni, and everything is TRUE.
    Joni is the BEST!!!! She made everything so easy. She is so kind and a real joy to be around.
    I had a small wedding but in typical fashion the actual day was a little stressful (decorating).
    The Rose Chapel staff helped my mom bring in the flowers and vases, assisted with set-up and take down.

I can't say it enough, "Rose Chapel is the BEST!"

Signed,

Happy Bride :)

Sent on 08/11/2012

Katie · Married on 07/30/2011

Rose Chapel/Southside Preservation Hall was great! We have been going up there for years for the First Friday Dances and knew we wanted have our wedding there. Joni is, as my husband puts it, \"The best coordinator ever!\" The venue is beautiful and worked very well with our \"theme\" as well as budget and guest count. There is a great deal of character in the site and in the area around it. They do have limited office hours but still very responsive. Day of set up was great as they had a small army to set up site provided decor.

Sent on 09/16/2011
  • Stefani

Stefani · Married on 04/04/2011

This place is beautiful in the Spring!!! I was supposed to have my wedding outdoors but because of strong winds it had to be inside, but still was absolutely wonderful. The only think I can complain about are the hours, but only because I am used to working a graveyard shift, it seems really hard to get appointments for me between their 10-3 schedule. They are wonderful, professional to work with. Love this place!

Sent on 04/19/2011
  • Arliana

Arliana · Married on 12/22/2012

We were so pleased with the Rose Chapel! They did everything and more to make this day great! Very organized! They know what they are doing!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Tiffany · Married on 10/01/2011

The Rose Chapel is a beautiful location I love all the exposed beams. The staff were very friendly and willing to answer all questions. I emailed them often and someone always responded within a day. I wanted to have an outdoor wedding until I saw the chapel here, it was just too beautiful to pass up. I used the salon for my reception and I was worried with 60 people it would be too small, but it was great. Everyone said how beautiful the place was. I forgot my purse at the chapel the day of the wedding and they were supposed to lock the place up after we left, but I called and someone waited for me to come and get it. The whole day went perfectly thanks to the staff. The rehearsal was the same. If you want a wedding on a small budget without looking like you are on a budget use the Rose Chapel.

Sent on 10/04/2011
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2008

After lots of searching Rose Chapel was exactly what we were looking for. The neighborhood is a little disasterous but once you get on the grounds it's lovely. We got tons of complements on this location. The Rose garden is beautiful and the staff is friendly and accommodating. They had a crew to help us setup the morning of and the on hand representatives went above and beyond when it came to the reception - cake cutting, punch making, they were great. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget. The reception hall is huge with plenty of room for guests and dancing (150 guests max) and had an optional sound system ($150) which we connected to our laptop for music. LOVED this place

Sent on 05/20/2008