Rose Bank Winery Reviews

27 | Newtown, PA

27 Reviews for Rose Bank Winery

Natalee · Married on 09/21/2019

Love this place

Rose Bank was extremely cooperative and gave my wedding the look that I wanted. It was a dream come true.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Theresa · Married on 09/07/2019

Highly, highly recommend!

Rose Bank Winery made all of our wedding dreams come true. I grew up in Bucks County and I really wanted a venue that captured the beauty of the area -- and Rose Bank hit it out of the park. The owners, Bev and Dave, are the nicest people to work with and they let us swing by as often as we liked as we were pulling our vision together. We went with one of their preferred caterers, Dave Mergen's JustFood, and we could not have been more pleased with the phenomenal job the JustFood team did. Our guests raved about the beauty of the venue and we are still receiving compliments about how gorgeous the wedding was. It was the perfect blend of an upscale but relaxed affair that included a ton of natural beauty. My husband and I cannot thank Dave, Bev, and Rose Bank Winery for helping us create our perfect day. We love you! We highly recommend Rose Bank to anyone looking for a beautiful and unique venue that captures all the beauty and charm of Bucks County.

Sent on 09/14/2019

Megan · Married on 05/05/2018

Had my dream wedding at Rose Bank Winery

My wedding at Rose Bank was a dream and everyone there was very easy to work with! The owners were so nice and gave me personal recommendations on vendors and were very flexible with how I wanted to set up the wedding. They give you the freedom to decorate and make it your own. Our guests loved the space and getting married under the big old tree outside was really special. We looked at so many venues and the process was very stressful, but in the end, we were so happy we went with Rose Bank!

Sent on 11/26/2018

tonya · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I had our wedding here on 4/22/17 and we had the best day of our lives! I knew from the moment I set foot on the property it was the perfect venue for us! Going with other users comments, yes it is COMPLETLY DIY, but that's exactly what I wanted. My suggestion to future brides-know yourself as a person and if diy is really for you OR make sure you hire a caterer or event planner to assist you. Some of these other reviews leave me to believe this was not taken into consideration. At Rose bank you paid a set rate and you got the facility for the entire day and tables and chairs (ceremony and reception) and wine glasses are provided. I found it agitating that other venues I visited wanted to nickel and dime you for every little detail and be set to a strict time limit (6-7 hours). I also chose the Vitner's room which had a loft. The weather changed last minute and ended up raining, but getting married on the loft was so elegant and breath taking, and I did not have to fork out a couple thousand extra dollars to rent a tent for outside. All questions were answered by the owners and staff leading up to my wedding making it very stress free. I was also able to come in the day before and bring all of my decorations. I received so many compliments from our guests about the venue and wine. Rose bank will always have a special place in my husband and my hearts.

Sent on 04/24/2017

D & P · Married on 07/03/2016

Our wedding was held 7/3/16. The facility is gorgeous and the owners are very in tune to keeping the property in top shape. The owners were easy to work with and accommodating. They even pulled out their antique trucks so we could use them for photos. We have read negative reviews about the owners, however that was not our experience. There are always two sides to a story so please do not let negative comments dissuade you from choosing Rosebank! Keep in mind that if you are considering Rosebank, they only provide the facility space, tables, chairs and wine glasses. You are responsible for set up, break down, decor, etc. They do provide a preferred vendor list which is helpful but they also allow other vendors. We used outside vendors and had no problem. Be wise, however, if you do choose other vendors in that you want to make sure you choose vendors that will respect this beautiful property. Friday and Sunday events are discounted as well. We had about 200 guests and had rented the Buckman Barn and Rose Ballroom. All of our guests continue to rave about the beautiful facility. we highly recommend Rosebank if you are looking for a rustic venue with a lot of character.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Denyse · Married on 05/07/2016

We had our wedding on May 7th, 2016 in the Vintner's Barn at the Rose Bank Winery. We loved the winery because we looked high and low for barns that had a rustic feel but still had bathrooms, electricity and running water. When we found Rose Bank it was like a dream come true. The price was extremely competitive. The owners were super nice and helpful every single time we came out to look at the place, bring family, and meet with vendors. The owners allowed us to come in the day before since the space was not being used. This allowed us to set up the space perfectly. Being that we are from an hour away we needed help finding local vendors. They provided a list of great local vendors for us. Every single person that came to our wedding was blown away by the grounds and the venue space.

Sent on 05/24/2016

We got married at Rose Bank 3 weeks ago, and we LOVED it! We got so many compliments on how beautiful and romantic it was. We were so happy with Rose Bank for many reasons. When we were looking for venues cost was our first priority but we had our heart set on something rustic and romantic. As soon as we found Rose Bank we fell in love with it. They were so helpful and let us do whatever we wanted in terms of vendors and decorations. It was so beautiful that I barely did anything in terms of decorating and it looked amazing. We used the bride room to get ready in the morning and take pictures and that was the perfect space as well. They were affordable and easy to work with and we HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a winery. The caterer they recommended was FANTASTIC (Dave Mergen with Just Food catering), and it was up to us if we wanted to choose him. (We are SO happy we did because he is the best of the best!). Call Rose Bank today, they book up quickly!!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Kevin · Married on 07/10/2015

Loved having our wedding here! The barn had the perfect rustic romantic look we were going for!! You have to purchase their wine to be used, but it is so yummy so we were totally fine with it :)

-Natalie and Kevin

Sent on 08/03/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I absolutely fell in love with Rose Bank even before they finished their newest ballroom. We used the Rose Ballroom for our reception, and we used the grassy space behind the ballroom for our ceremony site. Every person at Rose Bank really helped me throughout the process and answered every question I had. Every guest had nothing but wonderful comments about the grounds and facility. We even used the property for our engagement photos, and the staff did not charge us. We were able to have full range of the property.

If you are looking for an alternative to a country-club setting, we HIGHLY recommend Rose Bank Winery!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Jaime · Married on 08/24/2013

There aren't enough good things I can say about Rosebank Winery. My husband and I just had our wedding here last weekend and everything was wonderful!

To start, during the whole process the owners Dave and his wife Deb answered any and all questions. They both could not have been nicer and more helpful for our day. We came back with family to show them the venue multiple times and we're always given our free tastings for booking there, no matter the amount of people we had with us. John even saved us our favorite case of wine for the wedding months in advance.

Day before, Dave allowed us to remove netting from the vines for pictures (which he had warned us would be up that time of year.) They even removed low hanging branches from the tree we were going to have our ceremony in front of.

Day of, cleanliness was spot on and our order was all ready. Dave was even around to check up on things.

What we loved most was this was a very DIY venue: we were able to bring in any vendor, decor, etc., we choose. No decisions were made for us which was exactly what we wanted.

We had more compliments from guests then I've ever heard at a wedding about how beautiful this place was. We would recommend to everyone we meet!

One note to couples: if you have Rosebank's old vendor list, do NOT use Soup to Nuts caterers. Dave informed me that after how poorly they handled our wedding they are being removed from the vendor list.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2013

All I have to say is that, my wedding at Rose Bank Winery was absolutely beautiful!! My guests could not stop raving about how beautiful the ceremony space was and how beautiful the reception space was. If you are looking for that rustic/country/vintage look for your wedding in Bucks County, Rose Bank has it!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/16/2011

We decided to have our wedding on September 16, 2011 at Rose Bank Winery. Initially, we were going to have the reception in the barn but when we saw the room which was located on the 2nd floor above the the tasting room we feel in love! The room upstairs also had an outdoor deck which we were able to use for our cocktail hour and bar service during the reception. Typically, this room is used for a large wedding but the owner Dave agreed to rent it to us at the same rate as the barn even though we were planning to have a smaller guest list.

What made our wedding even more memorable was the ceremony which was held under the gazebo overlooking the vineyard area. There is a stone path which goes out the the vineyard which was the perfect setting for my walk down the aisle. We also had our pictures taken here which were absolutely beautiful.

The owner Dave was wonderful to work with. He allowed us a free tasting before the wedding so that we could pick the wine for our event and was very helpful in determing how much wine we should purchase for the amount of guests we were expecting. To top it off, he even took time out of his evening to open the winery store so that my guests could purchase wine!

You will not be disappointed if you have your wedding here. My only suggestion, secure your date early as Saturday evenings in the summer book fast:)

Sent on 04/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2009

Rose Bank was the perfect place for Benny and I!
    They are affordable, flexible and so helpful.
    I was so happy there! My catering company even put them in this years add!
    It was so perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

This turned out to be the most perfect venue. I could not have asked for a better spot for my husband and I to get married. Our criteria on our vendor list included picture-perfect scenery, a large rustic reception space, and animals. Rose Bank had all of this and more. The wine was amazing as well!
    Beverly and Dave, the owners, were so very accommodating, they even allowed me to use a horse-drawn carriage to enter into the ceremony space in. My best piece of advice is to give them a call if you are thinking of booking this venue, and do not email! I almost didn't use this perfect space because I had not heard back from my initial email, thank goodness for persistent parents!
    Thank you Dave and Beverly, it was truly a dream wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Katy · Married on 05/19/2018

To echo another person who commented here... YES, this is a DIY venue. If you are expecting a wedding coordinator, Maître D', or any other staff member from Rose Bank to help plan, set up, tear down, or be on-site during your wedding day, you will be disappointed. That said, my husband and I specifically looked for a DIY venue to enjoy the flexibility of using our own vendors and save $$ in the process.

While Dave and his team are not your wedding coordinators, they do take into consideration any requests that you might have, allow you to stop in the facilities at ANY time to walk around and plan out different decoration and set up, happily offer complimentary wine tastings, ensure that the facility is thoroughly cleaned top to bottom, and, in our case, readily have additional wine bottles available when you run out of the crowd's favorite early in the night! They are also flexible with set up and tear down, (understandably) pending any other events scheduled for the weekend.

Responsiveness via email/phone was hit or miss as it's a true "mom & pop" feel. The easiest way to get in touch was to stop by the grounds - which may be difficult if you are not local.

We rented the Rose Ballroom - an absolutely stunning facility - and enjoyed the downstairs cellar for cocktail hour. Yes, it may be pricey for a medium-sized wedding, but if you have a larger guest list like we did, find an affordable caterer (who will also do the setup and tear down for you) and do the math... the extra coordination was extremely worth it in our opinion. Thank you, Fleming family.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2014

I loved the winery setting! We used the Vintners ballroom! This room was beautiful! The winery is do it all yourself and you pay to rent the building but depending on how much you pay for a caterer depends on how expensive it can be. I wouldn't have my wedding at any other place! Love it

Sent on 08/14/2014

Rose Bank is such a beautiful wedding location, and I'm so glad we picked it. We had our reception in the Rose Ballroom and reserved the outdoor patio and Buckman Barn for the cocktail hour. It is definitely on the pricey side, but it's worth it if you can find other ways to cut your budget down. If I had to do it all over again, I would no doubt still choose Rose Bank!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Jory · Married on 05/21/2016

We had our wedding at Rose Bank last month. It was beautiful and all our guests loved the rustic setting! Rose Bank Winery provides the tables and chairs but does not set them up. It usually takes a few days for them to return your call but other then that they were great to work with! It's a unique, rustic, beautiful setting for a wedding or party!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Jillian · Married on 08/29/2015

If you are looking for a venue that you can completely make your own space, this is it. Its a completely DIY wedding, but for thats exactly what I wanted. The Rose Ballroom is a gorgeous rustic barn with elegant lighting & ample space to set up the even exactly how you want it. The Buckman Barn is a cute cellar looking space with lights strung across the ceiling & is where we are having our cocktail hour. The grounds are immaculate & well manicured with the vines as our backdrop this is going to be a beautiful space for a wedding ceremony.
    My suggestion is if you go this route, invest in planner or someone to help you coordinate all the moving parts (ie. caterer, bakers, rentals, dj, photographer, transportation, etc...). This venue is 100% DIY so do not expect the establishment to help with these things, they are your responsibility. To make it smooth, its worth the money for the extra help!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2015

3.5

The Rose Bank Winery is an absolutely beautiful venue with very kind owners. We got married in the Vitner's ballroom, which is the smaller venue that is not attached to actual winery. I would never, ever, ever in a million years change where we had our venue. The day was so beautiful and everyone complimented us on how gorgeous the venue was. And they're right! It's so amazing. The reason I docked a star, however, is because this venue is completely DIY. They will provide you with tables and chairs and that is it. For the price, which was $4,800 for me because I was married on a Sunday, you do not receive very much. You also have to use their wine for your event, which is awesome because the wine is delicious but it is very expensive. Luckily, they will reimburse you for any unopened bottles!! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any bride looking to completely design her wedding from top to bottom - but for someone like me, it was very stressful at times when I saw that there were venues who offered SO much support.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Randi · Married on 11/08/2014

3.5

Gorgeous venue and Bev, one of the owners, is WONDERFUL!

Sent on 11/30/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/20/2014

3.5

We wanted our wedding to be a true reflection of us, and Rose Bank Winery was the perfect venue for that. We were able to use whatever vendors we wanted, and could come and go as often as we needed to during the planning process. The staff was all very friendly and helpful with answering our questions. They really don't provide any services beyond that, so be prepared to have all of the setup and breakdown done by your other vendors/friends/family/etc. They are not very high-tech; everything was managed on paper which made us a little skeptical at first, but they always had a quick response to our questions, and everything came together just fine in the end.

The venue and grounds are beautiful and have a lot of character. The perfect mix of old and new. We had our ceremony outside in front of the big tree, which provided some nice shade for our guests on the sunny 80 degree day. We held the cocktail hour in the Buckman Barn, which overflowed onto the patio and grass which was really nice to take advantage of the perfect weather that we had. We had our reception in the large Rose Ballroom which was perfect for our 190 guests. They say it can hold up to 250, but that would have been very tight. In the event that it rained, we would have had the ceremony in the ballroom, that would have been converted for the reception while everyone was at cocktail hour in the Buckman Barn. If we didn't rent both spaces, i'm not sure what we would have done.

Overall, this venue was a great backdrop for our incredibly wonderful wedding, and we wouldn't have done it any differently.

Sent on 10/20/2014

3.5

Beautiful location! Be prepared to do a lot of planning, as this is simply a venue rental. Set up, clean up, etc. is all your responsibility. We had a beautiful wedding. Wine was great. Employees were very friendly but not the most responsive- we received a call hours before our wedding from the venue stating they never got paperwork or a deposit from or caterer (which was never requested). Luckily our caterer was wonderful and sent electronic copies to us, and we paid his deposit. Other than that hiccup, this was a wonderful venue!!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Sami · Married on 09/01/2018

3.8
      3.0

Wedding Venue

Rose Bank Winery is an absolutely beautiful venue for a wedding, shower, or party. The price for the venue only provides you with the venue of choice, tables, and chairs. They required that you select a caterer from their recommended list. The views are beautiful but you definitely have to pay top dollar for it.

Sent on 10/25/2018

amanda · Married on 10/07/2016

2.8
      3.0

The venue itself is beautiful! We booked the Buckman Barn (suitable for 64 guests, up to 8 tables of 8) a little more than a year before our wedding date, and in that time services we were told we would receive changed. You must know going into having an event here that you must do EVERYTHING yourself, down to setting up tables and chairs, and cleaning the bathrooms appropriately. When we first booked we were told that chairs and tables would be set up and that wine glasses would be provided. The day before our wedding we were told that we would need to place the tables and chairs where we wanted them as well as take them down and put them away before we left, we also never received the wine glasses to use the night of our wedding. Beverly was always extremely polite and helpful, if you go there, deal with her. Other than Beverly the customer service was very hit or miss. It was very hard to get any information over the phone or through email which meant for us that we had to take several 25 minute drives out there to get questions answered. We were able to get into the venue the day before and set up our tables and decorations (because there was no event in that room the day before) In the end our wedding was beautiful and it all worked out. Just make sure before you book that you will have people on hand to help you set up and break down everything, make sure that you build the time it will take to do all of this into your day of time line.

Sent on 10/12/2016