Roots & Flavors Reviews

Roots & Flavors 6
Roots & Flavors 7

Bianca · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing Experience!!!

My name is Bianca Jusino, and Gladys at Roots and Flavors has been working with me for more than 2 years on my wedding menu! Gladys and her professional staff made it a point to keep in contact throughout our two year wedding process. She called us directly and spent hours helping us choose the perfect choices of food and desserts for our loving guests. She worked with our ever changing budget after the tragic hurricane in Puerto Rico and let me tell you, our wedding was not affected at all, why because of the professionalism and love that went into every detail that Gladys and her employees placed on our day!! Our guests raved about not only the taste, elegant decor and staging of the array of typical and delicious entrees. Gladys was there for the event , and made sure each detail was as discussed.. She was recommended over and over and she deserves all the acclamation's and more!!!! We will use her for family functions from now !!our guests raved about this wedding for months!!!!!! pictures will be posted as soon as our photographer sends us them.. words give it nit justice... Gladys thank your making our foodie guests from all over the globe happy!!!

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Roots & Flavors 8
    Roots & Flavors 9
  • Kortney

Kortney · Married on 07/13/2018

I have nothing but good things to say!!! Every single person at my wedding can’t stop talking about the food! And being a bride it was so good I had to sit and eat!! She was so wonderful, and easy to work with! Prompt and polite! She even went the extra mile and made my favorite desert ICE CREAM CHURRO SANDWICHES! I couldn’t have been happier!! Everyone you won’t regret going with Gladys! She is so wonderful you will want to take her home!!

Thank you!!! You

Sent on 07/24/2018

denise · Married on 06/09/2018

We recently celebrated our wedding at Hacienda Siesta Alegre on June 9, 2018 and Gladys and her staff were absolutely wonderful from day one. From the moment I spoke with Gladys on the phone she treated me like family and was very helpful and informative. We flew to Puerto Rico before our wedding and she took the time to show us around and take us to our florist and cake designer. Gladys was extremely accommodating and gave us several options for our menu and even gave us options for our Vegan guests. The food for our tasting was extremely delicious and it was even more so the actual day of our wedding. We had our own personal server and even when we were unable to finish our food, Glady's staff packed our food and cake and left everything neatly packaged in our room. Our guests have continued to rave about the food and the food and service from Roots & Flavors are definitely things we will forever remember along with our special day. I heartily recommend Gladys and her staff!

Sent on 07/01/2018
  • Charina

Charina · Married on 02/26/2018

The food from Roots & Flavors was absolutely positively amazing! They had the most stunning presentation for our criolla buffet and the the flavors were even better! Food is extremely important for my husband and I and we can honestly say that Roots & Flavors absolutely delivered! I left happy the guests left happy it was the focal point of many conversations that evening and even days later! The only complaint I have is that I couldn’t stuff my face more with there delicious food! I highly recommend them for weddings and or events! They are on the pricy side but worth absolutely every penny!

Love
    Charina & Paco
    Feb 26th 2018
    Hasienda Siesta Alegre

Sent on 03/09/2018

Judy · Married on 06/23/2017

Gladys and her staff were just amazing...they went above and beyond what we expected. Our waiters for the night were Luis, Christian, Imano, Bennie, and the head chef Charlie. These men were so good to us! The food!!!! Oh my goodness, the food was just spectacular. We had nothing but compliments all night about the food, everything was so delicious. My only complaint was that we didn't have enough room in our bellies to eat more!!! Bennie, made sure he wrapped our wedding cake up, so we could enjoy it later. Nothing but great vibes!!! Thank you so much Gladys, Luis, Christian, Imano, and Charlie!!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Natalie · Married on 05/13/2017

Great food, great service! Very highly recommended!

everything else on the menu. We requested a flan, in lieu of a wedding cake, and it was spectacular; delicious and beautifully presented. Definitely don’t miss out on Gladys’ flan! She made a large one for us to cut and mini flans for our dessert table.

When we were back in town, this past Christmas, Gladys was kind enough to make us a flan as our unofficial “anniversary cake”. It was just as amazing as we had remembered.

Gladys and her team are friendly, professional, easy to communicate with, and incredibly talented. Consider this a glowing review from both a mainlander (Natalie) and as a local who knows the taste of authentic Puerto Rican food (Joe). Definitely hire Gladys and her team at Roots and Flavors!

Sent on 02/10/2019
    Roots & Flavors 14
    Roots & Flavors 15
    Roots & Flavors 16

Charles · Married on 03/24/2017

Gladys and her team were fantastic. We hired Roots and Flavors to cater our wedding dinner as she came warmly recommended by the venue's manager. We had some particular specifications as a large number of our guests were vegetarian or had some type of dietary restrictions. Gladly was extremely personable and accommodating and was able to concoct a perfect blend of traditional Puerto Rican fare mixed with modern and healthy delights. Warmly recommended!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Ana · Married on 01/27/2017

For a destination wedding, my husband and I wanted the best of the best! A year before we got engaged we visited the place where we would one day like to get married. Sure enough we fell in love with Hacienda Siesta Alegre in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico. We chose that venue and we also chose Roots and Flavors as our catering and decor team. They were more than amazing. Every e-mail we sent out was responded and we had everything we asked for and more! It was such an amazing experience!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Lillian · event on 12/03/2016

Excellent service. Doña Gladys is amazing. You can go with her suggestions with your eyes closed. Very accommodating and has an great staff. I have used her services 2 years for corporate activities and the presentation, setup, appearance, staff was fabulous. I definitely recommend their services!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Antonio · Married on 07/18/2016

First off, i couldn't possibly say thank you enough to Gladys for all the work that she put into our wedding. Being that we basically were in contact with her through our whole wedding planning via phone and email, we had no idea what to expect, but i can say with 100% assurance, everything was PERFECT!!! Her staff was professional, the food was amazing, and we couldn't possibly have asked for anything better. I would urge anyone to take a serious look into hiring her for your wedding. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!! Thank you again, Gladys...

Sent on 07/26/2016

Carlos · Married on 03/06/2016

The food was amazing and the service was superb!!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Amy · Married on 02/21/2016

I planned a corporate event with Roots & Flavors. They were recommended by the venue and were super easy to work with and very professional. As I was planning from the US, all of the planning was done by email. Everything worked out just as planned. We went with a menu that combined American flavors with PR/Caribbean flavors. When they sent me the menu's to review, I had to ask for an explanation of what some of the foods were. The descriptions provided were just what we got in the food presented to us.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Lillian · Married on 12/06/2015

There are not enough stars to rate this fabulous vendor. We used Roots & Flavors for a buffet breakfast for a corporate activity in December 2015 for 400 attendees. Positivity, receptiveness, even suggestions that made the adtivity more of a success. You can leave your eyes closed and be assured that this vendor will comply, with no surprises. Puntual and extremely reliable. Doña Gladys is a charm, and her son works with her as well to ensure family pride. They love what they do and I definitely will continue to used them for both corporate and private affairs. A definite '10' in my book. Enhorabuena!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Shellie · Married on 10/05/2015

We absolutely loved working with Roots & Flavors to produce a magnificent event for our corporate client at the Hacienda Siesta Alegre. Everything from the pre-planning to the food to the waitstaff was perfection. Thank you for helping us create the perfect evening for our guests!

Sent on 10/26/2015

LaTonya · Married on 10/02/2015

We booked Roots & Flavors for our wedding reception last week, from the suggested vendor list we received from the venue. Gladys was absolutely wonderful! She was very professional & patient with us. She wasn't even concerned when we had an issue with a payment that took 2 weeks to be received by registered mail, although I was hysterical. She frequently gave me words of encouragement to keep me going & mellow out. Communication was excellent from start to finish & we exchanged frequent updates. Now the food....was to DIE for!!! Myself, husband & guests were just blown away at how delicious everything was, we received numerous compliments all evening. We were so stuffed & satisfied with everything, I was barely able to eat my wedding cake. My aunt was even stalking one of the waiters to get more of the hor'deuvres he was serving. Also, I have to give high praise to the waitstaff, they were really on their game & gave excellent service. Not to mention, to quote my mom, they weren't hard on the eyes either. They made sure my hubby & I didn't miss out on the hor'deuvres while we were taking pics. They also helped me with my dress & pushed my chair in everytime I sat. Gladys gave first class service all the way & made our day perfection. My only suggestion for this company is maybe to do payments through paypal. I would refer this company for anyone's catering needs.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Excelent food and great quality of service!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Claudia · Married on 07/24/2015

I’m definitely a hard client to please. I pay a lot of attention to detail (presentation and quality) and know exactly what I want. Roots and Flavors Inc. exceeded my expectations in every possible way. The service was absolutely amazing and they worked within my budget. The responsiveness and professionalism was impeccable. The food was delicious, cooked to order and abundant! I have asked my guests for feedback so I may provide it to all my vendors and there isn’t any constructive feedback regarding the catering services. It’s is one of the first areas that my family and friends have praised (especially the dessert table!). I absolutely recommend Roots and Flavors Inc. for any event.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Kaithlin · Married on 07/17/2015

We used Roots & Flavors catering for our intimate wedding of 50 guests on 7/17/15 and can't say enough about them and the owner Gladys! Everyone at the wedding talked about how amazing the food was! We requested Puerto Rican - Caribbean menu with Indian appetizers. The taste and presentation of plates was superb. Gladys was super flexible and easy to work with. Also, the service and staff at the wedding were outstanding... I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Heather · Married on 06/21/2015

Gladys provided top notch service! The food was amazing, perfectly cooked and exactly as described. I had provided a four course dinner and one hour of butler served Hors D Ouvres to my guests and they could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was. Gladys stopped out to make sure that the service and food were both good and genuinly cared! I had asked for a Caribean and American dinner. Bacon wrapped grilled filet mignon and sea bass stuffed with lobster and crab – wow! Beyond superb, I was treated like family. I highly reccomend Roots & Flavors! Thank you :)

Sent on 07/07/2015
  • User5201871 · 2+ years ago

Gladys and team were tremendous. Excellent food, service and decor. Highly recommend for Puerto Rico.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Sonia · event on 03/01/2015

Roots and Flavors is the best catering in Puerto Rico! The entire time I was in contact with them, their purpose was to please me as the customer. They were very flexible, always responsive and put forward a fabulous menu for my sister's baby shower! The quality of the products they use, the presentation and the flavor of every dish was superb! My guests were all yummed out by the food! I dealt with the mom and the son of this family owned business and they were a pleasure to work with! Will definitely use again for my next event!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Hannah · Married on 05/12/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Gladys and Jose as a recommendation from Hacienda Siesta Alegre. In total honestly... Roots and Flavors was one of the only caterers to respond to our emails. I didn't know at the time... but their response was a telling characteristic of their professionalism, hospitality, and truly the pleasure I would have to work with them over the course of a year.

I am a planner with almost 10 years of experience and planning a destination wedding post Hurricane Maria ventured into a whole new territory. Communication among power outages, the general business that comes with a busy wedding season and total devastation was beyond challenging... but when Jose and Gladys responded it was of complete quality. I was beyond impressed with their ability to communicate among their team. I would tell one captain a directive at set up and it was executed. For those with years of experience, you know how rare this can be. I gave direction... and they executed. They dressed professionally, served a quality meal, and showed true hospitality. They genuinely care about the success of an event and if you are trusting... they will provide. Trust Roots and Flavor and they will deliver.

-Hannah Forsythe
    HF Events

We served dinner family style and I would suggest nothing less. Their servers were interactive, top-notch, and sincere in every way making a destination experience truly special. It was my personal pleasure to get to know Gladys and I can guarantee the next time I am in Puerto Rico, I will be visiting her.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2016

Gladys and Jose were so incredible. As soon as we had our tasting we knew we didn't need to see anyother caterers. They were super professional and the food is out of this world- truly incredible. Every single guests came up to me to say the food was delicious- best wedding food ever. Even my Puerto Rican family loved it and wants recipes. I definitely recommend a cheese table at dessert time- my drunk guests needed it.

Thanks Gladys and Jose!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

chrissy · Married on 05/20/2016

Gladys was wonderful from the first time we contacted her up until the last time we emailed each other. Let me first start by telling you that my husband and I are both foodies and it was important for us to have very good food at our wedding. We did not want the basic convention food- steak or chicken, fish, etc. We wanted a whole roasted pig, Puerto Rican buffet and WOW, did they do an amazing job! Our guests LOVED it. Our guests are still talking about the food and how good it was! Now, onto the SERVICE. The service was OUTSTANDING! They were on top of everything. They came over to me and made sure to serve me a plate, they had everyone taken care of at all times and people noticed it! As busy as I was, I even noticed it! During pictures, a server came over to show me where he put my appetizer plate. I was amazed at the attention they served us and our guests. Everything was amazing! Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016