Ron Michaels Weddings Reviews

101 Reviews for Ron Michaels Weddings

1 User photo

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2014

3.0

Ron is very professional and you can tell that he knows what he is doing. He was great with communication and helped plan the flow of the wedding which was nice because I had no clue what to do. I love music and I had a list of songs that I really wanted to hear at my wedding, but Ron insisted no long lists because he reassured us that he would play the music we wanted. So my husband and I had our full trust into him. Well, in the end I was just a little disappointed because he seemed to me to be just a typical wedding DJ. He play the electric slide (twice in one night, who does that?), the cupid shuffle and the other one back to back. When it came to the first dance, he started playing the song and my husband wasnt even in the room making me feel like an idiot because I was standing in the middle of the room by myself. The songs he choose was from the 90's which brought me back to my high school homecoming dances. Which there was some good songs, but I was looking for more of the new songs like Stay With Me, and Suit and Tie by Justin Timerblake, Lorde, Iggy Azalea, Rather Be by Clean Bandit (wanted to hear sooo bad) there is just sooooo many better songs out there than Low by Flo Rida. Now everytime I hear these great new songs on the radio it makes me cringe because I should have heard them at my wedding. If only I broken the rules and made a giant play list, I would have been much happier. I like Ron and he is a great person, I just think that music needs to be updated a little bit.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Ron Michaels Weddings's reply:

Thanks Kelly for your honest feedback. With this being my first 4-Star review, I felt the need to respond and offer my thoughts. One of the reasons I discourage large song lists from my clients is because the best wedding receptions are those where the song selection comes from three sources equally: the bride and groom, the guest's input (requests), and songs that I feel will work based on my experience at weddings over the last 20+ years. I felt that we really accomplished that at your wedding as the dance floor was rocking almost the entire evening - all 6 1/2 hours of the reception. It was a great bunch of family and friends and I had a blast! Regarding the Electric Slide being played twice...your aunt insisted I do it as she kept coming up to me throughout the evening wanting it played again, and I had to give in....sorry :) . With all due respect, I would have loved to have known that you wanted those other current top 40 requests (listed above) played but you never came up and asked for them. On the e-mail I sent you the week before the wedding, I suggested that "if you feel I'm playing too much of something, or not enough of something else, or have a request of any kind - let me know". My apologies, but I never got those requests from you on wedding day. I do feel I played a good mix of music for everyone (I received dozens of requests from your guests and played as many as possible). On the "Must Play" list you gave me you wrote "60s, 70s, 80s classics, swing, today's hits, hip/hop, dance/club, reggae". This is a great mix of music you requested and I stuck to those genres most of the evening and mixed in your guest's requests. Thanks again for the feedback. I hope you guys had an awesome time in Cancun on your honeymoon. Best of luck to you and Jared.