Ron Michaels Weddings Reviews

91 | Fort Collins, CO

91 Reviews for Ron Michaels Weddings

Jenna · Married on 07/01/2016

From the first meeting with Ron, we knew he would be the perfect DJ. He was professional, but also laid back and genuine enough to make us feel comfortable. He walked us through everything we would need to know about planning the reception and ceremony. He provided suggestions based on his extensive wedding experience, but clearly expressed how open he was to trying new things. At the actual wedding reception, he kept people on the dance floor and changed the music based on the age and mood of the people on the dance floor. He kept the whole event on schedule and easily worked with changes that arose at the last second. Finally, Ron has worked with several of the Front Range's best wedding vendors. He knows the area's venues and other talent well enough to work smoothly with them. We highly recommend him!
    Thanks, Ron!
    - Jenna and Bert

Sent on 08/04/2016

Alison · Married on 06/25/2016

Ron was awesome!! I really appreciated how confident he was in his ability to organize, MC, and keep good music going for a fun wedding reception. I really wanted a good dance floor and he delivered! He was easy to get a hold of, either with skype or email prior to our wedding. He asked us thoughtful questions during our 2 skype meetings and then he was able to take it from there. I highly highly recommend Ron if you want to feel confident that your wedding reception will be fun and run smoothly. My mom was also very happy with him. She went to him if there were any scheduling concerns, etc. I was too busy dancing during the reception!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Ron Michaels Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the great review Alison. Best wishes to you and Justin.

Ron was an amazing DJ! Could not have asked for a better one. He was flexible and worked with our music requests much in advance of the wedding. We highly recommend him! Thanks Ron!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Kristy · Married on 10/24/2015

Ron was terrific to work with. He accommodated all of my requests and played all of the songs I wanted to be included. He met with me and my now-husband to get to know us and get a sense of our style. He played music all night that was a perfect fit for us and our guests. He is very professional and provided valuable insight and feedback to help us make decisions along the way. Our wedding was amazing. Literally every couple joined us for the dance after our first dance, and the venue staff said they'd never seen so many people jump up to join the couple dancing. It was magical. The dance floor was hopping the entire night, and Ron made sure to decline the group and line dances I didn't want played at our wedding. I highly recommend Ron to any couple looking for a professional, experienced and quality DJ. Thank you, Ron!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/20/2015

Ron did a fantastic job with our wedding. He was easy to reach, listened to all our ideas, and kept the reception flowing. We didn't have to worry about anything. We had several compliments from guests about the sound level and music selection. We would recommend him in a second. Thank you Ron!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Holly · Married on 08/15/2015

RON IS AMAZING!!! He did an awesome job at our wedding. Very organized with timeline and very easy to get ahold of an make any changes. It was so nice to not have to put together a song list, Ron really read the crowd and kept the dancing going all night long. Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ that also doubles as a day of coordinator for your reception!!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Ron was awesome, we would recommend him in a second! He kept the dance floor full and was professional yet fun. He played a variety of songs that catered to all age groups at our wedding. Thank you Ron!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Jackie · Married on 08/08/2015

My daughter, Rachel was in charge of booking the DJ. So based on many recommendations she hired Ron! He did such an amazing job and surpassed all our expectations.
    It is obvious he loves what he does! Not only did he MC a great party; he was so good at keeping us on point with all the special things Rachel and Brad had planned during the reception! His music choices kept many of our guest staying and by the last song all of them circle the dance floor and watch the Newly married couple dance to the last song of the evening.
    We had our own Lebanese music and he played it for us to dance our traditional line dance. It was a blast. He knew just what to play next and kept people on the dance floor all night. The biggest compliment I can make is that my husband never wanted the night to end! Ron you are a dear man and we are grateful for all you did for us that night!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/08/2015

I cannot say enough about Ron, he is simply excellent. He did a great job listening to what we wanted for our big day and implemented flawlessly. Ron made it a point to contact us a few times before the wedding to ensure he had all he needed to run the reception. A few months before the wedding he sent a short questionnaire for my fiancé and I filled out. Most of the questions we hadn’t even thought about and wouldn’t have thought to ask. I wanted the reception to feel less “programmed” so together we created a timeline that flowed seamlessly throughout the night without the traditional aspects (special dances, toasts, cake cutting) feeling stacked. Ron was on time, professional, and worked to ensure the floor was always full. He wasn’t loud or in your face and never took attention away from the event. Our guests have been raving about him since the wedding and so have my parents. It took a bit of effort to convince them that it was worth the money but in the end they were very glad that we hired Ron, and so are we!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Ron was just a wonderful person to work with. He is very professional and prompt. From the first meeting, we knew he was going to be the best! We planned our wedding from 1200 miles away and I was not at all disappointed. Ron did an exceptional job and got along well wth everyone.
    He did an amazing job on getting my large Hispanic family to dance 95% of the songs at my wedding. Everyone had a great time and we are pleased and very blessed that he was a big part of our special day. I definitely recommend Ron to everyone getting married in Colorado. He is very organized and did well directing from event to event. Thanks Ron!!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Wonderful to work with, great suggestions to keep the reception flowing, very professional.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/13/2015

We planned our wedding from about 700 miles away, and actually didn't meet Ron in person until the reception. He was so helpful through the planning process, with Skype emails and VERY fast email replies.

The reception was FANTASTIC! We continue to receive compliments on what a great time everyone had, and Ron was the reason everyone enjoyed our reception so much! The reception "moments" (first dance, cake cutting, toasts, etc.) were so well organized and flowed really well. The music was outstanding, with people dancing throughout the reception. This included people ranging from age 3 to age 70. We had a great time, our guests had a great time, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We truly could not have been happier!!

Our advice for anyone getting married in and around Colorado: 1. Hire Ron and 2. Just let him do his thing--pick the music, read the crowd, and run the show. You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Jade · Married on 06/12/2015

Ron was a great DJ. He really paid attention to what we wanted, I had pretty specific ideas about my DJ and Ron listened to everything. In addition to his great personality, he kept everyone dancing all night long - he incorporated the type of music we wanted but he also included the requests from guests. At no point did the music seem fractured, there was always a good flow. Additionally, Ron was very familiar with our venue and he acted as another planner/go-to person during the wedding, which was very comforting. Great Job!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Julie · Married on 06/07/2015

Ron was great to work with and extremely helpful. We had a tough crowd to get on the dance floor and he made it happen!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Christy · Married on 05/24/2015

Ron Michaels was fantastic! He really helped make our day extra special. He had all the guests up and dancing (which was important to us). I am pretty sure the party/dancing could have continued on for another couple of hours if time wasn't a factor. He was very easy to work with. I appreciated how he made it fun for the guests without being silly or corny. I really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Ron Michaels Weddings's reply:

Thanks Christy! Happy 8-month "anniversary"! Best wishes to you and Tom.
  • J & D

Jamie · Married on 04/25/2015

I cannot express my gratitude enough to Ron. He stands by what he says. He was more than helpful preparing us for what to expect. Ron is very organized, relaxed, and also gets things done right away. He's also very fun! We had our wedding up in Estes Park. The weather was questionable. Ron set up a system outside and inside. We ended up having the ceremony inside instead. He was more than accommodating. Ron is someone we completely respect. My husband was very skeptical about other Djs. He had no question about Ron. He's honest, not overpriced, and is a great DJ. He makes the couple feel special and does not make it about him! Thank you so much Ron! I'm so happy we had you at the wedding. You were amazing! It's hard to find great people sometimes in this industry. You rock!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Hannah · Married on 04/24/2015

From our first meeting to the last dance Ron was wonderful to work with. He is really good at communicating with his couples and answering questions. We had a lot of last minute changes to our wedding day plans, and Ron handled it with grace and professionalism. The introductions went flawlessly and the guests really enjoyed the tid-bits about the wedding party members. As the Bride and Groom we were constantly being pulled in a million different directions. Ron made it easy for us to focus on our guest, rather than where we had to be when. During the reception he guided us through and made it very stress free for my Husband and I. The one thing I thought was slightly awkward was not having the parent dances cut sooner. The entire song was played, even though we wanted them to be cut earlier, and thought we had discussed this in a planning meeting. Many times during these dances our parents thought the song was going to fade, and we kept looking at Ron, hoping he would pick up on the cue that our parents were feeling uncomfortable with the long amount of time we were dancing in front of the guests. Although I felt the music was fantastic and that the dance floor was full almost all night, a few guests commented on their song requests being denied. I know Ron likes to go with the flow and what seems to keep guests dancing, however, I was slightly bummed to hear my guests comment that their songs were simply denied. Overall we had a really great experience with Ron as the Bride and Groom and felt that he kept our party flowing all night long, and kept the dance floor full. Thank again Ron for all of your help making our reception so much fun!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Ron was our dj at our wedding in estes park. Ron is the best dj you can choose ! I swear. We met with 3 Djs befrore finding Ron and not only was Ron the nicest, had the best equipment & most professional but he was also the best priced !! I couldn't beleieve the prices the other Djs gave us compared to Ron. Don't get ripped off! Ron has amazing communication skills and was my easiest vendor to work with. He was great at the wedding as well, wasn't in ur face and annoying like some Djs but still kept the party going and kept it classy and fun. Thanks Ron !

Sent on 04/13/2015

We planned our wedding last second and Ron was very accommodating. He was laid back through the whole process which fit our personality. We would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ in the Denver area.

Sent on 03/14/2015
  • Z

Zach · Married on 12/13/2014

Ron did such a great job at our wedding! He was very professional and helped make the day less stressful. He took the time to meet with us several times to get to know us and help us figure out exactly what we wanted. He is so much more than just a DJ! He did such a great job reading the crowd and playing what they wanted to hear. We got so many compliments on the music and everybody was dancing, even the non-dancers. Our wedding was amazing and we have to thank Ron for doing such an amazing job. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 12/23/2014

A. · Married on 12/06/2014

If you're looking for an excellent wedding DJ/MC, you can stop the search, because you've found the best one out there. Ron did an outstanding job at our wedding. There were relatives having a blast on the dance floor that I had never seen inspired to bust a move before, and many people commented even a few weeks later that it was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding. Ron also ensured that the event went smoothly by planning out the timeline with us well ahead of time and also advising us during the event. He has a ton of experience and knows what works, what doesn't work as well, and how to expertly read the crowd. At the same time, when giving us advice, he emphasized that specific decisions were ours to make and didn't pressure us, just told us the plusses/minuses and what he thought was best (but of course we followed his advice and it always was very good!). We also felt that Ron's service was an extremely good value, especially in light of how much time for planning, preparation, and face-to-face meetings Ron put into it. We also had a short list of songs from various genres that we really wanted to be played, and Ron incorporated these very seamlessly into the reception. He knew where the songs would fit best and how to lead into/out of them with other song choices in a way that kept the guests engaged and having fun (and we had quite the generational mix of guests!). We also really appreciated that, unlike for many other DJ services we looked at, we knew when meeting with Ron that he was the one who would be there at our reception. Overall, we were extremely impressed with Ron's experience, skill, and meticulousness throughout the planning and during the event. He also read the crowd extremely well and was a lot of fun to work with. Our wedding was a blast and we will cherish the memories forever; Ron played a huge part in making the night such a great one! So, stop doing research and just hire Ron now!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Kelly · Married on 10/25/2014

Ron did an amazing job at our wedding. We actually had another DJ booked but due to his lack of professionalism we decided to cancel with him and thankfully Ron was available for our wedding date. Both my husband and I felt so much more at ease upon our first meeting with Ron. He took the time to get to know my husband and I as people as well as what we were looking for in our wedding. He also gave great suggestions for how to keep the wedding fun and easy-going all night. He scheduled a second meeting right before the wedding in which we ran through the timeline of events and he was very organized and efficient. On the wedding day, he did a fantastic job playing a mix of oldies and new hits to keep the crowd dancing. We had an absolutely amazing wedding and a huge part of that is because of Ron. We highly recommended him to anyone else planning their wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2014

He was great on all aspects of the wedding. He was very organized and responsive leading up to the wedding. We made a couple last minute changes in the days before the wedding which he incorporated seamlessly. During the wedding, he did a great job of keeping a smooth, consistent flow to events and the dance music was a blast.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 09/27/2014

Ron was amazing from first contact. He was referred to us by a friend and after talking with several other DJ companies in town, I knew Ron truly cared about us and our day. He was quick to respond to questions, provided awesome ideas that fit with our ceremony and reception, worked with our random ideas and requests and went out of his way to meet with us, pick up music and make sure that everything went smoothly. We had so much fun at our wedding and we can contribute so much of that to the ambiance that Ron created. People had fun, they danced, they watched performances and they played games and Ron made sure it all happened! A month later, people are still talking about how much fun they had!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Kerri · Married on 09/20/2014

Ron was the consummate professional from day one. He set meetings with us, followed up when he said he would, provided thoughtful and candid feedback, and made sure we were fully prepared for the wedding day. Frankly, he was the only wedding vendor who was actually proactive in reaching out to us and we were incredibly appreciative from the beginning.

When it came to the day of, we couldn't have asked for a better person to facilitate everything. We didn't want to do a lot of the 'traditional' events so I was worried there may be too much time for dancing. The dance floor was absolutely packed all night long! It was such an amazing evening. Ron read the room and ensured he was shifting music based on people on the floor, moods, time of night, etc.

I would not hesitate to recommend Ron to anyone and hope this review helps in his future business. You won't regret choosing Ron - he adds an extra level of comfort that is invaluable on a day like that.

Sent on 10/16/2014