Romantic Journeys Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth V. Married on 07/01/2022

Maui Fairytale!

Barbara was amazing! She was an integral part of my destination wedding! Truly, I couldn't have done it without her patience and expertise, especially since we we started working together during the pandemic. It was scary but she helped ease my worries. She got straight to work and helped confirm a room block in Maui for my guests. She made sure all of my guests had everything they needed, from hotel accommodations to shuttle service. She communicated with me on a frequent basis. She was able to move swiftly when there were changes and late guest add-ons. She was able to secure my fiance and I a wonderful 2 bedroom cottage, where we were able to host a Welcome Reception for our guests and then a one bedroom villa for our honeymoon suite. I cannot express how grateful I am for Barbara.
    Caitlin R. Married on 04/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Barbara at Romantic Journeys is amazing!

We are so thankful we worked with Barbara to book our honeymoon. She listened to everything that we wished for and she turned into a reality! She was quick to respond and answered all our questions. She took care of flights and every little detail! It was the easiest and most wonderful trip we could have ever asked for!
    Brittany C. Married on 11/06/2021

5 Star European Honeymoon

Barbara assisted in planning the most incredible honeymoon for my husband and I. We were referred to Barbara by a friend of ours who worked with her in 2019 for their European honeymoon and spoke volumes of her service. They were right, we could not have done it without her expertise and service. We started planning our trip 6 months out for our July 2022 departure to Rome, Sorrento, Capri, Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. Barbara consistently kept us updated on COVID guidelines within the U.S, Italy and Greece. She provided us with a user friendly app to pull our itinerary and travel documents and in addition mailed hard copies to our home several weeks before our trip. She checked in once we arrived to ensure everything was going smoothly. The hotels we stayed at exceeded every expectation. Service was 5 star in every aspect of each stay and daily breakfast was included. We will absolutely refer Barbara to our friends and family. Thank you for giving us the trip of a lifetime.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Matthew
    Matthew S. Married on 03/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic experience from start to finish!!

We had no idea how much time and money we would save using Romantic Journeys!! I want to scream it from the rooftops to let people know how much better a trip can be when you use them. Barbara kept track of where we were going and made sure we knew all the details every step of the way. She helped us find the best places to stay in every city. Thank you Romantic Journeys, you gave us an experience we will never forget!!
  • Marisa
    Marisa E. Married on 03/07/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Barbara booked our dream honeymoon and is helping us navigate the rebooking!

Barbara came highly recommended by a friend and we are so thankful for the introduction! From the beginning she really listened to what we have envisioned for our honeymoon and presented us options that we didn't even know were possible. Unfortunately we have had to postpone due to current travel restrictions, but Barbara has also helped us navigate these unprecedented times with compassion and clarity. We would recommend her to anyone looking to book a special trip and really wanting that above and beyond hospitality!
    Ashlyn A. Married on 07/12/2019

Highly Recommend

Barbara Oliver is amazing! She planned my honeymoon and just from briefly talking to her, she knew exactly what we wanted and she managed it all within our budget. She came up with a variety of trips for us to choose from and gave us great recommendations/things to consider for choosing the right vacation. My husband and I literally couldn’t have been more happy with they way everything worked out- Our honeymoon was amazing!! Barbara is always kind and very timely with her emails. She emailed us reminders for due dates and mailed the itinerary when our trip was a couple weeks away. All I can say is that we will be using her in the future and will definitely be using her services again!! Highly recommend her to anyone needing help planning a trip.
    Abbie Married on 01/19/2019

Beyond Excellent!

Barbara was absolutely wonderful! My wife and I are extremely busy with 60+ hour work weeks. Needless to say it’s hard for us to plan. Barbara stepped right in and put our mind at ease. If you’re looking to plan a honeymoon without the guessing or headache look no further!
    Danielle G. Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience!

Barbara was so great to work with! She helped me plan my honeymoon in November 2018. With all the wedding planning I needed help organzing our honeymoon, and she guided us through the whole process. We met with her in person to discuss what our budget was, what type of vacations we’ve done before, what we liked and disliked about hotels/resorts, what we wanted out of our honeymoon, etc. She gave us a few options based off of what we discussed and ending up picking a Sandals Resort in Saint Lucia. She answered all of my very random and sporadic questions very quickly and efficiently throughout the process. Barbara was very respectful of our budget, of what we wanted and did everything she could to help us make the best of our trip! She was so sweet, she sent us updates about our hotel, flight information and sent us our itinerary (physically and electronically). My husband and I will definitely use her services again, we’re already in the talks about a Europe trip next year! If you want to plan a trip and receive some guidance, I would highly recommend Barbara’s services! Thank you again for everything!
    Christina Married on 04/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara was wonderful! We honestly could not have made this gorgeous wedding happen without her help. I highly recommend to anyone planning a destination wedding to get a travel agent on Board and I highly recommend this fabulous lady for the job. I could always reach her by email, phone, or text. And she was on top of any deadlines we needed to reach and helping our guests with the entire booking process. Thank goodness my husband and I did not need to handle this part of our wedding since we had so many other things that needed to be done on our end. She's a life savor! Professional, Positive, and gets the job done! Thank you Barbara for everything! You helped our dream wedding become a reality!!
    Brendan Married on 10/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara was absolutely amazing. She prepped us on all the options, took into account what activities we were most interested in, and set up an unforgettable experience. I will be using her for more of my vacations!
    Makayla Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara planned the most unforgettable breathtaking honeymoon for my Husband and i last month to Souheast Asia. We traveled all throughout Thailand and Singapore for 2.5 weeks staying in the most beautiful boutique resorts at each stop. We could not have imagined a more perfect trip.
    Abigail Married on 09/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara was amazing!! She helped us narrow down there we wanted to travel to then from there coordinated everything and gave us many ideas and suggestions of what to do and where to go. Would recommend her to everyone, and hope to use her again soon!

Romantic Journeys's reply:

Thank you so much Abigail! It was so fun helping you and Brendan find the perfect destination to relax for your honeymoon - looking forward to working with you again!
    Ruth Married on 09/24/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    So happy and thankful we chose Barbara to help us with our honeymoon planning! She made everything so easy and it all worked smoothly! Staying in budget was a priority and she made that happen! The place she recommended for us was AMAZING! It exceeded our expectations! We got the honeymoon of our dreams and more! We will definitely be reaching out to her in the future and will refer family and friends to her.
    Caroline Event on: 08/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara was absolutely amazing and planned the trip of a lifetime for my girls and I to Italy. She had our entire trip planned to a T and we couldn’t have been happier. She was so organized and was available to us during our 17 day trip. Looking forward to working with her again for future travels.
    Alicia Married on 07/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We initially thought about booking our own honeymoon and are SO glad that we didn't. Barbara made our entire experience extremely unique to what we wanted and more! She made the whole process a breeze-from choices of destinations tailored to our desires, painless booking and travel (with instructions and apps to make it effortless) to the actual destination. It was hands down the best vacation we have ever had and made our honeymoon one we will never forget! Thank you SO much Barbara!
    Lani Event on: 06/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Had the mother-daughter adventure of a lifetime - thanks to Barbara! No worries across three European countries and ten cities - from flights to transfers to excursions, food, hotels and more - all excellent choices and everything was taken care of so we could just have fun! If we ever have another opportunity, would definitely use Barbara's services again!
    Arineh Married on 09/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The honeymoon Barbara planned for us was amazing - we had an incredible time! Barbara ensures that your trip is personalized to fit you!
    She initially helped us narrow down a destination, which was very helpful. Each step of the process was streamlined prior to the trip and our travel documents/itinerary made our travels seamless. We are so very happy with her and plan to book with her again in the future! She is an outstanding resource!
    Thank you so much!
    Sydney Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were referred to Barbara after she coordinated our friends honeymoon trip to Italy. She made our trip to Italy unique and fun packed with the things we wanted to do and see. Every hotel we stayed was perfectly located near the sites and most gave us a personalized gift like a bottle of champagne for our anniversary! Since we have never been to Europe before, Barbara’s expertise and planning made our trip 100 times better. It really took a lot of stress off of us, especially when we had a cancellation in a tour due to bad weather. She was easy to get a hold of and immediately started planning for us, and coordinated a private driver to take us out instead. Not only was he amazing (shout out to Umberto Di Martino in Sorrento!) but he is from the area and gave us a insight that we couldn’t find anywhere else! Our whole trip was a dream, once in a lifetime experience and couldn’t have been possible without the hard work of Barbara!!
    Brittany Married on 09/27/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara from Romantic Journeys was the best hire for planning our honeymoon! Once we gave her our budget, she shared several sample itineraries at different locations around the globe. We chose Bali and then she built out an incredible itinerary - from hotels to excursions to car transfers - everything was taken off our never-ending wedding planning to-do list and we were able to know the honeymoon would be perfectly mapped out, a true escape after the wedding. We received an adorable packet before our trip that detailed all of the travel information we needed and even sent a link to our itinerary so our families knew where we would be traveling. Barbara is so much more than a travel planner - she's a friend and we will absolutely use her for future trips we plan!
    Sean Married on 05/23/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We spoke with several agents and Barbara was the most helpful and friendly in helping us plan our honeymoon. A lot of people were pushy and luckily she wasn't and was more about helping us plan our dream honeymoon.
    Cristina Married on 10/04/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My now husband and I got the opportunity to work with Barbara on our honeymoon in early October of 2014. We decided that there was so many wonderful places in the United States to see and explore so we decided to have our honeymoon in San Francisco, Yosemite and Napa valley. We went to the right person. Barbara was professional and new all the right places for us to check out. She was easy to work with and very responsive. We will reach out to her when we want to make another trip- maybe our 1st anniversary! She makes the planning easy! Thanks so much for making our honeymoon so memorable. :-)
    Lindsay Married on 06/28/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I are so glad we decided to use a travel agent to plan our honeymoon. In the midst of wedding planning, the last thing you have time to think about is the honeymoon, despite how important it is! Barbara Oliver was so helpful in planning our trip. First, she listened to our wants and needs and created multiple package options for us. Once we finally decided on Bali, she took care of all the details and provided us with a couple different options for how the trip would go, based on budget, experiences, and specific hotels. In the end, the trip was everything we could have hoped for and more. Everything was taken care of for us from rose petals in the bathtub and "honeymooner perks," to transport between our hotels and activities. I would highly recommend taking advantage of Romantic Journeys to help plan your honeymoon...it doesn't cost you anything and it'll save your sanity, brides!
    Gabriella Married on 03/08/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara was very helpful when it came time for my husband and I to plan our honeymoon. We had a brief but informative meeting and gave her all our details such as budget, dates and types of destinations we were interested in. Since Barbara is well traveled, she was able to give us first hand details of all the vacation sites we were considering. This made it easy for us to narrow down our choices. By the end of the night, my husband received an email with PowerPoints of our final picks. All that was left was for us to choose one and let Barbara do the rest. We'll definitely be using Romantic Journeys to plan our first anniversary trip as well!
    Sara Married on 11/02/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara is amazing! Her assistance in booking our honeymoon was phenomenal! She personalizes everything and really goes above and beyond to make it special! Having a travel agent will SAVE (yes save!) U money. It doesn't cost u anymore and it takes all the stress out of planning the trip of a lifetime when u have so much else going on!
    Jacqueline Event on: 11/02/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Barbara has planned about 4 or 5 anniversary trips for us in Europe and by now she knows the type of hotels we like, how many days we like to spend in each location, and even the time of day we prefer flying. Barbara thinks of all the little things travelers don't think of such as finding the perfect location, best method of travel whether it be by train, flight, or private transfer, and informs you of all the activities and interesting places you should visit. I will never plan a trip without Barbara.
illustration stars