ROMA SPOSA Reviews

26 | Birmingham, MI

26 Reviews for ROMA SPOSA

Angelina · Married on 10/07/2016

I am so happy I found my dress at Roma Sposa! Every single bridal consultant there, seamstress, receptionists and the owner, Anna, were always very sweet, extremely helpful and accommodating... I couldn't have asked for a more personalized, memorable experience. My mom and sister found their dresses at their evening store as well and can say the same... so as you can imagine we spent a lot of time there between our three dresses, wedding day and even bridal shower accessories.

Roma Sposa was the first store we went to out of all the boutiques and Yes the dress was love at first sight but the staff and one-on-one feel/no pressure of Roma Sposa was easy to love as well.

From ordering the dress, alterations to accessories...they were very helpful, patient, paid attention to detail and had much understanding as if it were their own wedding...We soon felt like family.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making the dress of my dreams an experience we'll forever cherish and that much more special.

Leah was beyond perfect!!! She honestly made my whole experience perfect :-)

Sent on 09/03/2015

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so happy that Leah was able to make your experience so special. Congratulations on your recent wedding! Warmest Regards, The Roma Sposa Team

Jaclyn · Married on 07/18/2015

I had a very good experience with my vendor!

Sent on 08/26/2015

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn! We're glad you had a positive experience and that your consultant was helpful! Warmest Regards, The Roma Sposa Team

Raneem · Married on 05/22/2015

My experience at Roma Sposa was a great one! Thanks to Luma! Roma Sposa was the first dress store I went to on the hunt for my dream dress. Thanks to Luma it was the only store! With the many designer dresses to choose from, I went with a Ines Di Santo gown and Monique Ihuillier accessories. I needed to add sleeves to my gown, but was so afraid of what the final results would look like ! But I trusted that Luma would make sure everything turned out perfect, which she did! The Gown was beautiful I could not be happier! The price you pay is MORE then worth it! Check Roma Sposa out and ask for Luma, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/24/2015

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Dear Raneem, You looked incredible in your Ines di Santo gown. It was a masterpiece! We are so thrilled to have made you a happy bride. Thank you so much for the love and support. xo Roma Sposa Team

Great service and kind help. I LOVED everything about my dress: the fit, style, and color. It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny.

Sent on 10/26/2014

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you so much. We're sure you looked amazing in your Couture dress! So happy to have you as a Roma Sposa bride! xo, Roma Sposa Team

Caitlin · Married on 09/06/2014

I originally found out about Roma Sposa through Inbal Dror and found they not only had 1 designer I lusted after, but 4! I inquired about the samples they had of certain designers prior to coming up from North Carolina, and the staff was so helpful and prompt. I purchased a Galia Lahav gown from Cristina who was absolutely amazing. She made the experience so calm and stress free. She wasn't forceful and let me decide on anything I wanted to. I am so happy with the service I received and would recommend any bride to Roma Sposa!

Sent on 09/18/2013

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you Caitlin for the kind words. We really appreciate it and are so happy you enjoyed your time with Christina. Please feel free to share your wedding day photo with us. We would love to see your custom gown! xo, Roma Sposa

Vanessa · Married on 11/23/2013

I am having the most wonderful experience at Roma Sposa. My professional gown consultant, Lisa is absolutely phenomenal and has been the most helpful with my wedding needs. Her input is so accommodating to my style as she offers great advice to make my gown a personal reflection of myself. I would highly recommend Roma Sposa, especially Lisa as they have made my experience so beyond special.

Sent on 03/11/2013

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Vanessa. We are so glad that you are enjoying your time with Lisa. We will definitely let her know you are raving about her! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. xo, Roma Sposa Team

this place is the BEST you will find as far as selection and professionalism...i HIGHLY recommend sales girl Lisa she made my experience STRESS FREE! i had been recommended to her my many people and was so glad i took there advice! she found me the perfect dress and really knows what she is doing, she has a great relationship with many of the designers so even if i wanted to tweak something small she made it happen without a problem! i cannot say enough good things about her and this place in general, just perfect from start to finish. i highly recommend this place!

Sent on 03/02/2013

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave reviews. We love Lisa and we're glad you enjoyed your time with her. We are so happy your experience with us was stress free and your dress was exactly what you wanted. Thank you for letting us be part of your special day. xo, Roma Sposa Team

Drita · Married on 02/16/2013

I loved my experience at Roma Sposa. They have BEAUTIFUL one of kind dresses and everyone there is so helpful. From my first consultation, to my fittings and changes in alterations, they provided me with 1st class service. My sales girl, Lisa, was wonderful. She was highly recommended and I see why. She is so knowledgeable...she helped create a one of kind dress for my wedding. So, so happy with the professionalism and quality of service from Lisa and this bridal store.

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you Drita for the kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed our services and your time with Lisa. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day. Congratulations, we wish you many years of happiness! xo, Roma Sposa Team

Jacquelyn · Married on 02/09/2013

My bridal associate, Lisa, was so helpful and AMAZING!!!! She helped me pick out the most elegant gown. She knew exactly what I was envisioning and what looked best on my body! She took the time to make sure I was completely HAPPY....and I was!!!!

Thank you Lisa, I am going to refer everyone I know to see you at Roma Sposa.

Sent on 03/07/2013

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you Jacquelyn for the wonderful and kind words. We are so happy we were able to meet your expectations. We will definitely let Lisa know you enjoyed your time with her. We hope you'll come and see us again! Thank you so much for letting us be part of your special day. xo, Roma Sposa Team

Lana · Married on 12/29/2012

It's ever girls dream to get married and wear the perfect white dress. Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to have met Lisa at Roma Sposa who was able to put all my dreams into reality. From the moment I stepped in the bridal shop and met Lisa, she possessed such great qualities that allowed me to feel a 100% confident. She was very optimistic about making my perfect wedding dress come to life, and that is that's exactly what happened. I was very nervous and made many trips and calls to insure I was getting exactly what I wanted, because I only had 5 months before my wedding. Within those 5 months, Lisa would always to give me a follow up call on the status of the dress, which allowed me to grow such great trust in her. She was always patient, kind, and reliable in everything she said and did. When the dress finally came in she was trying so hard to make sure everything I asked for was given. She put her all into making perfection, and in my eyes everything was just that. Thanks to the Roma Sposa Team, On December 29, 2012 I walked down the aisle wearing my dream gown. I cannot emphasize enough the great experience I had at Roma Sposa all due to Lisa. I would highly recommend this place to any girl that wants to walk down the aisle feeling nothing less that a princess.

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Lana, Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so happy Lisa was able to assist in making your wedding gown dreams come true! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day. We hope to see you again soon! xo, Roma Sposa Team

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2012

We had heard mixed reviews about Roma Sposa - so naturally I was a little nervous going in there. However, I look back on that and realize how silly it was. From the time my Mom and I walked in - to the day we picked up my wedding dress - we were given the star treatment. Cristina - my consultant was SO kind, patient and helpful. She really listened to me and had a really good idea of what I was looking for. In fact - it was Cristina who pulled this beautiful Monique Lhuillier dress for me to try on and it ended up being "the" dress.

I did have to have a few alterations - I have heard many horror stories about alterations in general (not about alterations done at Roma Sposa), so again - naturally I was a little nervous. Sieka (I am probably spelling her name wrong) was the best. She had the best personality and we adored her. My dress was PERFECT when I picked it up a few days before the wedding.

I always had a pleasant experience with the Roma Sposa staff - however I am so truly thankful that I was able to work with Cristina and Sieka. They made purchasing a wedding dress very special.

Sent on 08/09/2013

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you Sarah for the wonderful review. We're so happy we were able to be part of your special day. Xo, Roma Sposa Team

Beatrice · Married on 08/27/2011

I couldn’t be happier with my dress, veil, shoes, jewelry, my mother’s dress, and bridesmaid dresses! Lisa from Roma Sposa helped with EVERYTHING! Just like my dress, Lisa is one of a kind! From start to finish, she completed my wedding look. She handpicked everything for me. She knew exactly what would look good on me! She saw my wedding day vision and helped turn it into reality. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day because of her help. Lisa and the entire staff at Roma Sposa made me feel like a princess every time I went in! They are such wonderful, professional, and respectful people. Each and every appointment kept getting better. In my first appointment, I was told by Lisa, “I have the perfect dress for you, but it is not on the floor, can you give me some time to go search for it” (which ended up being my dress!), to her finding my wedding shoes and veil, to dressing my mother, to dressing my bridesmaids, to the appointment when my dress came in and fit me like a glove, my appointments just kept getting better! They truly helped in my fairy tale!
    I loved my experience of working with Lisa and Roma Sposa. I highly recommend them both to everyone getting married. If you are looking for a one of a kind dress and service, Roma Sposa is a must!

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thank you so much Beatrice for the kind words. Lisa is one of our best stylists. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to assist in finding you THE gown for your special day. xo, Roma Sposa

Susan · Married on 08/27/2011

I had three children get married within eleven months of each other and Lisa helped dress me for all three, from dress to jewelry. She is a wonderful person and helped me out. The seamstress was wonderful too. They make you feel special every time you go in.
    Lisa was. Great helping my daughter out as well. She helped her find the perfect dress, shoes vail and jewelry . Then she helped with the bridesmaids and then my daughter in law too. It was a great experience alround.
    Couldn't have made it with the three weddings without Lisa help. Thanks so much!

ROMA SPOSA's reply:

Thanks Susan! We enjoyed being part of your children's special day. Thank you so much for kind words and repeat business. Lisa is fantastic, we are so happy you enjoyed your time with her. xo, Roma Sposa

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2013

I love Roma Sposa! Lisa is the best. She is so helpful and so nice to work with. Even though she is absolutely gorgeous, she still has a way of making you feel great about yourself when your taking dresses on and off. She has been a pleasure to work with! Seeka (sp?), their seamstress, can do anything you want to your dress so you really get a custom fit!

Phenomenal service!! These ladies understand how to pick dresses to the brides style. I came in with a look and they made it a reality. After trying on many amazing dresses, everyone could tell I could not find "the one" and they made sure I knew about the trunk shows and that I came back. After attending the trunk show I found the most perfect gown. After purchasing the gown the tailors at Roma Sposa made sure the dress fit impeccably. I received so many compliments on my wedding dress and have to give all the credit to Roma Sposa! They really take care of a bride. I actually looked for dresses all over Chicago and didn't find a dress until I returned home to Michigan. Thank you Roma Sposa!

I had been to several wedding dress stores trying to find the perfect dress. I was actually quite overwhelmed and felt like a wasn't finding the dress that I envisioned. Once, I got to Roma Sposa everything changed. Their dresses are unbelievable! I did make sure to let them know my price range and Lindsey did a great job of only showing me dresses that we could afford. When you are there you totally get the fairy tale service that you always wanted. From the sweet smelling candles to soft love tunes calming your nerves, it really made for a welcoming experience. Once, you pick out the dresses you like, they dress you up from head to toes (jewelry, shoes and veil) to make sure your get the proper experience and vision (no other store I went to did this and I'm not sure why). Lindsey was also one of the sweetest people I ever met, making the experience even better! The quality of their dresses and service is worth it. They were very professional from start to finish and I would definitely recommend them to all brides.

I purchased my gown during a Monique Lhuilier trunk show. I had tried the gown on in other cities (I travel for work) but went to this shop because of the trunk show and the ability to try the gown on in the color I wanted to order. They were great to work with as I was an out of town bride, who during the course of the ordering process, moved cities. I purchased my veil as well at the same time. The shop was elegant and the ladies were very competent.

Cassandra · Married on 11/21/2015

3.0

Luma at Roma Sposa was amazing to work with!

Trying on dresses at Roma Sposa was wonderful. My bridal consultant actually picked out the perfect dress for me (one I wouldn't have picked out for myself initially). They are great at what they do and everything has been seamless thus far!

• F

Candi · Married on 12/10/2011

4.2
      2.5

When attending my fittings and purchase of my dress Roma Sposa was amazing. I was only disappointed when I opened my dress bag on my wedding day to see pins LEFT IN THE DRESS WHERE ALTERATIONS HAD NOT BEEN FINISHED. This was scary and caused me stress on my wedding day. I would beware of alterations and demand to see your dress before it is packed away.

My sales girl was amazing and totally made my experience amazing, I would recommend her to ANYONE.

3.5

I didn't purchase my gown from here, but the store and staff are wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford it. High end gowns at a high end price. Would love to go there again.

3.4
      3.0

The dress was beautiful, the cost for very minimal alteration were a tad over priced. The day I picked up my dress there an area that was coming un-stitched and loose strings around the hem. The staff are very friendly and fixed the issue immediately. This store has stunning gowns.

• W

Candice · Married on 09/10/2011

2.5
      1.5

If they lose the attitude, this place could be even better than what they are today. My dress was beautiful though.

1.5
      3.0

My sales experience at Roma Sposa was superb. I felt like a princess looking for her dream dress and I found it. After paying for 50% of the dress, my measurements (with shoes) were taken and sent to the designer. Everything was perfect until I went for my first fitting. At the fitting, the dress arrived over 6 inches too long, cup size way too big, and detachable straps were not in yet. My dress was covered in crystals so it wasn't very easy to alter. On top of the dress needing lots of work to fit properly, Roma Sposa CHARGED me to have the alterations done, even though I was the same size as when they measured me. I paid $1,000 to have detachable straps put on and within an hour of my reception, one strap broke and couldn't be put back on. What a waste of $1,000!! Roma Sposa puts so much effort into the sales side of things that once your dress comes in, they nickle and dime you for every little thing.