Rodrigo Moraes Photography Reviews

Rodrigo Moraes Photography 7
  • Bernadette

Bernadette · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Recommend!

Rodrigo was recommended to us by our Reverend Julienne. After looking through his portfolio, we knew that we loved his photography style and were interested in working with him. Rodrigo met with us over the course of many months, in preparation for our intimate beach wedding.

He answered all of our questions in detail, was pleasant to work with, and also made sure to understand our expectations and what we liked. Rodrigo helped us and our Reverend (www.revjulienne.com, also a fantastic person to work with!) plan the timeline of our afternoon wedding to make sure we caught the beautiful sunset.

Rodrigo showed up early to our wedding, took our shots, and made sure to incorporate a mix of posed and naturally posed shots. We got our photos on time (a couple of days early actually) and were blown away by the moments he captured. Both us and our guests didn’t even realize he was taking some of the photos, until we got the digital copies several weeks later and saw some of the moments he captured.

Work with Rodrigo, you will not regret it!

-Bernadette & Morteza-

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 8
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 9

Sylvia Gago · Married on 12/01/2018

Breathtaking photos and overall amazing experience

Rodrigo was the first vendor we found while planning our overseas out of state destination wedding. He was very quick to respond and gave us several recommendations for other vendors. His photography was what drew us to him and we were not disappointed. His photography and video was beautiful and he really captured the day perfectly. You will be so happy you hired him! Overall great guy and super professional :))

Sent on 01/22/2019
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 10
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 11
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/21/2018

I couldn’t have been more happy with Rodrigo. His vision and creativity is unrivaled. He was helpful every step of the way. I am so thankful we decided to hire him to capture the special day

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 12
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 13
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 14

Allana e Pritchard · Married on 08/10/2018

BOOK HIM! Seriously, best decision we made.

Choosing Rodrigo as our wedding photographer was the best decision we made. Seriously. From the first look, to the ceremony, to small details, to tiny intimate moments, I’m amazed at how much was captured. Even better, with a small wedding of 28 people, we never felt there was a camera on us the entire time. Pure magic! We also had Rodrigo do our wedding video, the shots & music of that day go together perfectly in the video, and definitely brought some tears. We had so much fun watching it on our honeymoon and reminiscing.
    Rodrigo also took our engagement photos in Seattle, in the snow. It was great to meet him before the wedding, and the photos were equally as fun and special as our wedding day. We shot part at our home with our dogs, and part at park nearby. Rodrigo has a way of getting people who are less photogenic (me!) to be really natural in front of the camera, we were basically laughing the whole time and having fun. I love how candid the shots turned out, and we used the photos for our wedding guest book (they printed really well too).
    In addition to the quality of our photos & video, we couldn’t be happier with the experience overall. Rodrigo is awesome at communicating and answering questions, from day 1, to after the wedding, and we really made a friend through the process.
    We weren't sure about capturing getting ready photos and going through the reception dinner because we had such a small group - but I am SO happy we decided to. I would have really regretted not doing them, and they turned out to be some of our favorite photos.
    All our wedding guests commented on how great Rodrigo and Noel (shooting video), were. Everyone who sees the photos is taken away by the style and feeling of them, how unique and nostalgic they are. I can’t wait to look back on these photos in 50 years, each one is like a perfectly captured memory.
    We could not be happier, our hearts are full every time we look at our photos and video. And such a great experience - Thank you Rodrigo!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 15
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 16

Katy · Married on 08/09/2018

Rodrigo was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish. Rodrigo has a way of capturing the essence of who a person is through his photography. My husband is not big on taking pictures so it was really important that I found someone that can take beautifully “posed” family pictures but more importantly amazing candid shots. I explained to Rodrigo prior to the wedding this exact statement. He hit the nail on the head! He put my husband and our guests at ease. He has such a much needed calming presence in such a fun and chaotic day. He was great at directing everyone where to go and made sure to capture us and everyone at our wedding throughout the whole day. Beyond the beautiful candies he got, the scenery pictures and black and white photos he included were out of this world. For many of our friends and family a destination wedding in Hawaii was not something that everyone could come to. Through Rodrigo’s photos and video, they felt like they were right there with us. Rodrigo is the most amazing photographer that you will find anywhere. I’m seriously obsessed with my video and photography. Thank you so much Rodrigo for everything and the memories that we will be able to share with our kids one day. You were the best photographer and made our day so special.

Sent on 09/22/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 24
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 25
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 26

Janelle · Married on 07/21/2018

Absolutely love his unique style of photography! He has the most perfect eye for catching the most special moments!! I highly recommend Rodrigo Moraes Photography!!

Sent on 08/11/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 27

Angela · Married on 06/21/2018

It was amazing having Rodrigo capture our special day! He is a great person, very professional, and we are so happy with our photos. You will love him!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Natalee · Married on 06/06/2018

Rodrigo is an amazing photographer! My husband and I could not have imagined our day without him! Everyone at our wedding spoke about how great he was! We received all of our photos back quickly and even received a few the morning after our wedding! We are in love with our wedding photos and could not recommend Rodrigo more!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 28

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Aloha Natalee and Sam, thank you so much for the kind words and for having me at your special day! It was great working with you two! Mahalo.

Brooke · Married on 06/01/2018

I'm so glad that our Rodrigo was recommended to us for our elopement. He was warm, flexible, and accommodating. He made us feel comfortable and we had a great time getting the shots done. While I was originally concerned about making sure we had photographic evidence for our folks, I'm so happy that we will be able to look at these beautiful pictures and remember our special day forever. Consider yourself lucky if you get to work with Rodrigo!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Rose · Married on 05/20/2018

Rodrigo was a such a pleasure to work with, and I couldn’t be happier with the photos from our wedding! Highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 03/14/2018

Awesome Photographer, Highly Skilled!

Rodrigo is such a talented photographer with a great personality! We booked him for our 1 year wedding anniversary photo shoot here on Maui. Not only did he respond quickly, but happily obliged when we asked him if we could have our 10 month old goldendoodle puppy join! We did a sunrise session down on the beach, and couldn't have been happier with the photos. Rodrigo captured us in our natural element, being silly, and ourselves. There was even a beautiful rainbow at the end which was the icing on the cake. Thank you Rodrigo for photographing our special day, as we will cherish these photos forever.

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 29
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 30
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 31

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

What a fun session that was!!
    Thank you Sierra and Chris for letting me document your one year anniversary!

Andrea · Married on 03/03/2018

Rodrigo was amazing and professional from the first email to the moment he began our wedding shoot! Wedding planning can be stressful and overwhelming especially when it comes to destination wedding in a location we have been visited before. Not only was his work amazing but he was very flexible, understand and laid back with my vision of our dream wedding. I can’t wait to visit the beautiful island of Maui again in hopes to have the pleasure of working with him again!!!!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 32

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a review and for the kind words Andrea! What’s gorgeous day that was.! Please say hi to the fam for me. Aloha

Jonathan · Married on 01/10/2018

Was a pleasure working with Roderigo. I never would have imagined taking pictures could have been that much fun and turned out so good. I would choose Roderigo every time, he is very professional and knows what he is doing.

Sent on 03/16/2018
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 33
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 34
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 35

Cheers Jonathan!!

Jason · Married on 11/11/2017

Roderigo is a friend of mine so my standards are probably higher than most peoples and what I expected was the best and that’s what he delivered. We are both in the wedding industry and I had my choice of photographers but I went with Roderigo because of the style promptness attention to detail. He gave us a day that we will never forget immortalized in classic photos ! He can even turn a rainy wedding day like mine in maui into something magical and special. Do your self a favor and treat your self to classic images. -jason the wedding DJ.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Jason, Thank you so much for the awesome words, and thank you for having me at your elopement, what a beautiful afternoon that was! Mahalo brother, best to you and the family!
  • Z

Zaylah · Married on 11/07/2017

I can’t say enough good things about Rodrigo! Such an amazing photographer and captured my day in the best way. Very prompt and was invisible during certain moments and captured great candid photos and then also provided great direction which made for some beautiful posed photos. I received all my photos yesterday and was in tears looking through them, they were incredible!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Zaylah, thank you so much for the sweet words, working with you guys was wonderful, thank you for sharing your special day with me, please send my best to Chris! Aloha!

Michela · Married on 11/01/2017

We were so happy to have Rodrigo for our wedding photos!! We liked his style from the beginning as we were organizing the wedding from California with the help of a local wedding planner. Communication per Email was just fine, he was very friendly and helped to choose the proper locations for photos depending on time and light.
    We first met personally at the ceremony site, he made us very comfortable during the photo shooting and he was very patient with our two small children that didn't want to be photographed. Afterwards, he was very fast in delivering us the ready pictures. They were so gorgeous!! We loved them!! The wedding day passed so quickly but, he caught so many details, and it is now wonderful to relive that day through his photos! We highly recommend him. Michela & Juho

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 36

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Aloha you two! Thank so much for the awesome review, hope all is well in Northern California, Cheers!

Sacha · Married on 10/28/2017

Rodrigo was great to work with from the very beginning to end. I had and great experience and the photos came out amazing! I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 42
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 43
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 44

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Sacha and Lance, what a fun day that was!! Going through the photos made me relive that day and I hope the same happens to you guys every time you look at them! Wishing you guys the best!

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2017

Rodrigo was the absolute best part of our wedding! I can't recommend him highly enough. Our experience with Rodrigo planning beforehand was so seamless and easy that I had no stress about him at all (and planned my wedding from CA without visiting!). He made everything so easy!

We started our first pictures with him at our rehearsal dinner! I know this seems like an added expense but I can't tell you how amazing it was to have pictures from that intimate night with our closest family and friends. It also helped my husband and I get used to being in pictures, and it helped our wedding party get to know him as well. He is so easy going he even makes shy people and kids comfortable in front of the camera and catches those important moments that pass by too fast during the wedding festivities. The rehearsal dinner photos are such a treat to have I'm so glad I decided to have him there!!

Now for the wedding day! He honestly couldn't have done anything different or better. He captured every fun moment, every happy tear, and every loving look that I will cherish forever. He made me feel pretty, and my husband calm, and when I got the photos back from him I just about died with happiness. They are so gorgeous!!! He was able to get our first look, wedding party, church ceremony, sushi cocktail hour, dinner, and drinks and dancing.
    He was fun, professional, easy going, and just an absolute perfect fit for our wedding. I actually got a lot of compliments from guests about him being a great photographer that they felt comfortable around.

I can't recommend his services enough and am already scheming some excuse to get back to Maui to work with him! The wedding goes by so fast you don't realize how much is going on until you get all the photos back and you get to relive all those beautiful moments. Thank you Rodrigo!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 45
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 46
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 47
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 48
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 49

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, working with you guys was great!! Thank you so much for having me on your special day!!

Karen · Married on 10/07/2017

I could not be happier! We had a destination wedding in Maui and we selected Rodrigo based on all of his amazing photos on his website. We loved that he could capture the mood and the scenery so well. Rodrigo was super responsive before our wedding and was great about asking questions on what we where looking for! He is so friendly and made us feel so great about our decision. The wedding day arrived and everything went so smoothly! We had our first look and family photos before the ceremony and then went to a quiet beach to take photos of just us. Then we went back and Rodrigo captured the rest of the night and our quests. When we got home after the honeymoon and received that email saying our photos had arrived, we where so excited! We both started tearing up they where so beautiful. Rodrigo really captured "us", and that is priceless! He also caught so many special moments on film that I didn't even know he took. Rodrigo is like a ghost, you never knew he was around. But man did he capture the whole day perfectly!!! We are so happy! Karen and Craig

Sent on 11/17/2017

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Aloha you two, thank you for such an awesome review, it was great to capture your special day here on Maui! Til next time -Rodrigo

Megan · Married on 10/06/2017

I couldnt be happier with my experience with Rodrigo and his team! I used this service for wedding photos and the results were fantastic. Infound it easy to schedule couple photos. Thanks to Rodrigo we have some beautiful memories of our day! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Aloha Megan, thank you for having me at your celebration! It was such a special day!! Mahalo!!

Jenny · Married on 09/27/2017

Rodrigo was such a pleasure to work with from day one. He was flexible with scheduling and reasonably priced. When it started raining during our Maui wedding he kept photographing, with a smile. He recommended a beautiful nearby beach for us to shoot after, since I had my heart set on beach photos. I highly recommend Rodrigo.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Angie · Married on 09/24/2017

He was great and I loved all the pictures!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Lovely, thank you Angie!

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2017

Rodrigo was such a dream to work with. From the very beginning he helped us discover what services I was looking for, always kept communication lines open, and had brilliant suggestions to aid in capturing genuine and authentic emotions in our wedding photos.

Our young son (1.5 years old) was with us on our wedding day and he absolutely adored Rodrigo. The three of us felt very comfortable and felt like a family friend was taking our pictures.

Rodrigo's photos speak for themselves in their beautiful and thoughtful composition and his editing is just to die for. He captured the absolute sweetest moments and expressions from all of us. God has truly blessed him in photography.

We are in love with our photos. Thanks Rodrigo!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 57
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 58
    Rodrigo Moraes Photography 59

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing this Lauren, working with you guys was so fun, and thank you also for allowing me to capture such a special time in your lives, Aloha!

Jason · Married on 09/08/2017

Working with Rodrigo was an exceptional experience. He went above and beyond across the board. From first contact, he was professional and worked with us to select the perfect location for both our ceremony and photographs based on what we said we wanted. He helped us find our officiant and helped recommend other vendors. And of course we could not be happier with the finished photos we received. Shots that would thought might be too dark as the sun was falling turned out beautifully.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words!! Oh and that rainbow!! Amazing!! Aloha.

Toni · Married on 08/10/2017

Rodrigo's photographs were amazing . They told like a storybook. So happy, he capturedid moments we had no idea he was taking picture of. Will use again when we return to Hawaii for family portraits too

Sent on 09/20/2017

Rodrigo Moraes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Toni!! What a special elopement that was!! Looking forward to do your family portraits in the future - Rodrigo