Rocky Top Catering Reviews

296 | Raleigh, NC

296 Reviews for Rocky Top Catering

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2017

Lara was able to meet our budget limitations, and accommodate all our menu requests!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Dia · Married on 05/26/2017

We met with Falon and she had me laughing from the beginning. She's super easy to talk to and you'll leave feeling like you just made a friend. We didn't even try any of the food Rocky Top serves before we booked them; we picked RT based solely on their menu and how delicious everything sounded. Then hoped for the best! All our vendors told us RT made great food, so we were hopeful.

Thankfully the food not only didn't disappoint, but it was great to amazing depending on the dish. While I didn't get to taste everything, they did make sure the sweetheart table was stocked with some of everything and also bussed it to give us fresh food. We had a waiter that made sure we wanted for nothing whether it was food or drink. To further personalize our wedding, we were able to get a local beer instead of a wine choice and stock the s'mores bar with quality chocolate, not that wax-flavored Hershey's excuse for chocolate. Everything ran smoothly and Falon coordinated with CE Rentals so all we had to do was pick out linens, plates, utensils and glasses. Everything was there and ready. One of my biggest requirements for my wedding was great food and Rocky Top definitely delivered!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Lee Ann · Married on 05/21/2017

I can not say enough about the fabulous food and excellent service that Rocky Top Catering provided for my daughter's wedding. Thank you Kevin and your entire team for bringing your special flavor to our weekend!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Breanna · Married on 05/21/2017

Rocky Top’s food is "top" notch! Our wedding guests make compliments about that part of our big day the most. Elizabeth was very easy to work with and always available when needed. She is very experienced and knows how to tailor a menu to your specific vision, within budget. The waiters and waitresses were all outstanding and made everyone feel pleasant and fulfilled. They would even crack jokes with our guest and continuously ensure that they were enjoying the food and service. You will not be disappointed with Rocky Top!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2017

Lara with Rocky Top Catering far exceeded my expectations for our big day. Having worked many banquet/wedding catering jobs over the past 8 years I have seen many weddings with catered events crash and burn with disorganization. I felt from day one that Lara had the professional experience and could handle any issue that came her way. She was very flexible staying late after closing to have consultation with us, because my schedule is crazy. She attended every meeting and even helped me pick table clothes and china at my rental meeting with another company. Lara was always responsive, professional, and kind.

Everyone raved at how amazing the food was. We did not even get the chance to eat the actual food at our wedding (like most couples) but they graciously prepared some to-go boxes we enjoyed during the after party. Service team was awesome and the ladies at the bar were so fun! We would totally recommend RTC!!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2017

Choosing Rocky Top Catering for our wedding day was an easy decision. They were easily the most accommodating, helpful, cost efficient, and friendly catering company we met with! Falon went above and beyond to help me make my wedding day a dream come true. She offered advice and helped make decisions based on her experience with my venue and many weddings in general which was VERY appreciated. The service the day of could not have been better. The staff was excellent and efficient. Our guests raved about our bar tender! The food was wonderful and the setup was perfect. Rocky Top makes this part of wedding planning seamless and they come highly recommended by this very happy customer!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Khaled · Married on 04/08/2017

i don't know where to start. these guys are phenomenal. Lauren was on top of every aspect. she was very thorough and very thoughtful. we initially selected Rocky Top for the Amazing food it was by far the best we had tasted and it came with a great team that served with excellence and precision.

Sent on 05/02/2017

LaTonya · Married on 03/23/2017

We loved loved loved loved Rocky Top Catering!!!! All of my guest are still asking about the food and who catered our wedding!!! Hand down the best food in the world!!! We will be using Rocky Top again and again and again!!!! :)

Sent on 04/03/2017

Cyn · Married on 12/30/2016

Falon was a super-star for us! My mom actually found Rocky Top and asked Falon to email me some pricing. She wrote a great email and seemed flexible for my small wedding. Fallon was patient, encouraging, and knowledgable from start to finish. Rocky Top helped to make our evening special, even as we hosted our own wine bar and desserts. The staff was efficient and clean up was a breeze. Fallon and our rental folks, CE Rentals - who also did an amazing job!, coordinated so communication was easy and gave us less one thing to think about. Could not be happier with RT and Falon! Thank you! :)

Sent on 02/06/2017
  • Chryschia

Chryschia · Married on 12/10/2016

Lara and her team are an incredible group of professionals! Not only are their food great, it's also the best value for your buck. I've called around a lot to find a catering company that best suited our needs and they were the most accommodating not to mention they had tons of options for every budget there is. We initially worked with Jenn at the time of contract signing but the transition went smoothly as we started working with Lara. Lara took care of us and ensured we got what we wanted and more. Their food is delicious and they have the friendliest staff! Our guests still talk to this day not only about their amazing food but also how accommodating everyone was to their needs during our wedding. Rocky Top Catering played a BIG role on our wedding day (both food and alcohol) and we couldn't be happier having chosen them as our caterer for our big day. Lara and RTC team, THANK YOU! :)

Chryschia (and Rusty) Brown

Sent on 12/20/2016

Meghan · Married on 11/04/2016

If you are looking for a wedding caterer, Rocky Top is it! My expectations were high after working 8 years in fine dining, they blew me away with the food and service! Everything was fabulous from our first meeting with Elizabeth to working with Mike the event manager the day of! If you are considering Rocky Top make sure you attend their tasting events, we had trouble setting our menu because everything we tried at the tastings was top notch! Guests were raving about how great our appetizers, entrees, side items, and cake pops were! The food display was also beautifully done, it wasn't just metal chafers on a table for a buffet, but they made a whole display that looked awesome. The service and bar staff were on top of everything as well! Mike made sure we were well taken care of, made us our plates, and even packed us up several to-go containers to take with us after the wedding. My planner was concerned about a full flip being done at our venue after the ceremony, the Rocky Top team killed it and flipped the room in 30 minutes. They are experienced and professional, I recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding caterer!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Victoria · Married on 10/29/2016

Rocky Top catered my rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. They worked with me from the very beginning to develop a menu for each event based on my budget and food preferences. The fact that they let you design your own menu is a unique service that we loved! Additionally they offered buffet style, small plate stations, pasta stations, salad stations, carving stations and so much more!
    Because they have many customers they do tastings approximately 4 times a year (for each season) and because they do not offer private tastings you may not be able to taste all the food on your menu. However...ALL the food is AMAZING!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Mica · Married on 10/16/2016

If you're looking for excellent food, wonderful service and true professionals in the catering world, Rocky Top is the best choice! From the beginning Elizabeth made us feel like our wedding was a top priority. She was so sweet and easy to work with, and made the the process so much fun! They also invite couples to tastings to try all kinds of food from their huge menu.. it's such a unique experience with top choice linens and flowers everywhere in their venue space. When you choose Rocky Top you feel like you're their number one client no matter how small or big your wedding may be. On top of all that, during the wedding itself they make the Bride, Groom and entire wedding party feel pampered and special. I cannot recommend Rocky Top enough! We were very pleased. Thank you Elizabeth and team for all your hard work!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kelsey · Married on 10/15/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner food, hors d'oeuvre at cocktail hour and a delicious buffet dinner provided by Rocky Top. Elizabeth at Rocky Top was our contact. She was so professional, their tasting events were so fun for my family and the food was wonderful. Most of the food was GF too, so our GF friends were very happy. Loved the food and loved working with Elizabeth!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Mindy · Married on 09/04/2016

I was only stressed about two parts of the wedding plan and one of the two was picking a caterer. We needed good but budget friendly. I've been to plenty of weddings where the food isn't good and sometimes that ends up with some intoxicated guests....we didn't want that to be us. Once we found Rocky Top we knew there would be no issues with bad food! I met with Elizabeth H. For the consultation and was pretty sure just from that, but was absolutely positive and happy with our choice once we went to one of their open house tastings. Be warned....wear a dress or stretchy pants. All of the food is so amazing! We actually booked them and then went to another one to make sure we had what we wanted on our menu. Elizabeth was so helpful with everything from the menu, to helping with linen rentals, and reception layout suggestions. They took care of the table too setup/decorations so I didn't have to worry about a thing. We got plenty of compliments on the set-up as well as how good the food was. Many commented that it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had. Even when the cutting cake was forgotten in the fridge, Jordan (on-site) manager, quickly threw on gloves and set it out for us without anyone noticing. We also had a waitress assigned to us who brought appetizers to the bridal suite prior to the reception entrance and made sure we had enough to eat and drink. We actually got to eat at our own wedding! Definitely recommend rocky top catering!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Shannon · Married on 08/13/2016

We are so happy that we used Rocky Top as our catering company. Not only was the food amazing, but they worked with us to make sure that we had exactly what we wanted. Communication was also good with periodic emails just checking in to make sure everything was going okay. Rocky top also handled all our rentals which made it really nice since that was one last thing we had to worry about. All we had to do was pick what we wanted and they took it from there. All night the staff was constantly checking in to make sure we were okay. They were all willing to help if we needed something done.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Annie · Married on 08/13/2016

I would totally recommend Rocky Top. We LOVED the tastings, the people who helped us out, but most of all we loved how they went above and beyond on our wedding day. Seriously. The servers made sure we always had everything we needed (without being annoying)- they even came outside with appetizers and waters while the wedding party was taking pictures! They got our plates for us (we had buffet for everyone else) and checked up on us during dinner every so often. Best part: they packed us to-go boxes that we took to our hotel that night! So so kind.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Sherry · Married on 08/13/2016

Rocky Top was amazing! So many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding food and service they had ever experienced! As soon as the ceremony was over, they began to do the flip (and very unobtrusive they were), and passed appetizers immediately started showing up! The wedding party was well taken care of during the cocktail hour as pictures were being taken. No one was the least bit hungry after that fantastic dinner! And I had no idea they would provide kids plates. Our great nephew was so thrilled when he was brought his own special plate with chicken nuggets and mac/cheese. We loved having a plated salad, since we had a buffet. Kept everyone satisfied as they waited for their table to be called to come to the buffet. Rocky Top has a special group of servers, led by a very sweet manager in Elizabeth. I can't wait to be able to use them again! (I have 2 more daughters...)

Sent on 09/07/2016

Bethany · Married on 07/23/2016

Food was amazing and guest are STILL talking about it! Use them! They are great!

Sent on 12/15/2016
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/22/2016

Working with Rocky Top was such a pleasure. We initially worked with Jenn and then Carol took over our event. I was a little scared about the transition but it happened with as few hiccups as possible. Once we booked Rocky Top, we were invited to one of their tasting events. Rocky Top hosts an event with local vendors so you can not only taste their delicious food but you can meet other vendors. We finalized our menu that night! We chose not to use a wedding planner and Rocky Top's staff guided us through the planning process with such ease and professionalism. Everything from rentals to room layout to timeline development was addressed by our event manager. We couldn't have done it without their help. They also baked french macaroons for our wedding favors. The food exceeded our expectations. So delicious! So much great feedback from our guests. The staff that worked our event were very personable, accommodating and professional. We are so thrilled that we chose Rocky Top to help us host a fantastic wedding reception!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/15/2016

I've had the amazing pleasure of working with Rocky Top before and getting to know Elizabeth and Kevin and their whole team has been so much fun! Rocky Top has some of the best food and our guests will definitely be talking about it for a long time. Elizabeth is not only incredibly professional and organized but her personality is just the best. She makes me laugh and made the whole experience of planning my wedding so fun! And I will never forget seeing Kevin's smiling face as I was coming out of the Merrimon Wynne moments before walking down the aisle. He put my nerves at ease and it was just so great to see him standing there! I don't even know how to express how thankful I am for the entire Rocky Top team. You really made this bride and groom feel so special and when the storms started rolling through right before the ceremony, you didn't skip a beat and helped us make the transition into the Carriage House. The food certainly speaks for itself...but it's the team that takes it to the next level. Thank you to everyone! I strongly recommend them to anyone! xoxox

Sent on 07/18/2016

Nancy · Married on 07/09/2016

We used Rocky Top for our wedding last weekend and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish! Elizabeth was one of the very first people we met with when we started the wedding planning process and we are so happy that we found her! She was the BEST, and helped us with many more aspects of wedding planning than the food-- from suggesting other great vendors to discussing our many questions about how to organize our day. She was always so organized and more than willing to help with anything we needed. Our food for the wedding was amazing, and everyone could not stop talking about how good it was! The entire Rocky Top team was on top of everything-- we did passed hors d'oeuvres and stations for our reception, and there was plenty of food and no lines for our guests. They were so accommodating and made sure that everyone was taken care of. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2016

Everyone still remembers how delicious the food was on our big day! The staff was so helpful making sure that the entire wedding party had plenty of food and drinks throughout the night.

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • Caitrin

Caitrin · Married on 06/11/2016

Highly Recommend

Rocky Top was so great to work with! Vicki anticipated my needs before I ever realized them myself. They were flexible with menu items and willing to work with my budget. Not to mention the buffet looked amazing! I received many compliments on the food at our wedding and they were nothing but professional.

Sent on 02/03/2020

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2016

All of my guests said this was the best wedding food they ever had! As a bonus, the caters brought their own decor for the buffet tables. Jenn and Elizabeth were great to work with and very accommodating.

Sent on 06/09/2016