246 Reviews for Rocky Top Catering

Tables (2)
Limited Bar (1)
Chairs (1)
242 Rocky Top Catering Reviews

Rocky Top catered my daughter's wedding recently at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences. They did a fantastic job! I worked with Jeff and he was very professional, personable, accommodating and responsive to emails. He went above and beyond to assist us in coming up with a menu that was pleasing to vegetarians and meat eaters alike (bride and groom vegetarian). During the cocktail hour we had a bruschetta bar and NC inspired passed hors d'oeuvres (crispy pimento cheese with smoked apple jelly, chicken and waffle bites, shrimp and grits). Our guests devoured them! For the buffet dinner we started with the green apple and bleu cheese salad, then enjoyed a buffet including crispy smashed potatoes (amazing!), haricot vert almondine, bruschetta mac and cheese, sirloin carving station and vegetarian paella. Everything was so delicious. Rocky Top was happy to make the vegetarian paella vegan friendly for us and all the guests enjoyed eating it. It had a beautiful presentation and was served in a paella pan. I believe the chef had to go make more because it was such a hit with the meat eaters as well. All the food was very flavorful and the service was quick and friendly. They even packed up some leftovers for us! Although the museum only allows Rocky Top to cater, I would choose them to do the job regardless of the venue because of the outstanding customer service, taste, quality, value and willingness to accommodate dietary needs.

Profile Picture Bethany , 6/9/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Southern, Spanish, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Jeff was awesome to work with!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/14/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rocky Top catered out wedding and they were amazzzing. I had eaten Rocky Top’s food at someone else’s wedding and at the time thought it was the best wedding food I had ever eaten. I am so glad I snagged them for my day! Lara was wonderful to work with from the very beginning. She was very responsive and offered really helpful suggestions- which was great because I was kind of overwhelmed by the wedding planning! My husband and I attended an open house tasting and the food was phenomenal. Everything we selected to serve at our wedding was delicious and people are still talking about the bruschetta mac and cheese. I only wish we got to sit down and stuff our faces with it! Another reason we chose Rocky Top is because they set up the food in a pleasing way. We chose to do a buffet, and Rocky Top did a wonderful job with the signs, playing with height, ect. And made it seem so much nicer. Thanks Rocky Top!

Profile Picture Molly, 3/31/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

As if they even need another five star review. I just can't help myself from telling y'all that this catering company is the Dream Team! They went above and beyond for everyone on our wedding day. They were incredible. The food was great, but the service was just outstanding. We were thrilled with everything involving Rocky Top.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/24/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Local, Southern

I am so glad we chose Rocky Top as our wedding caterer! All of our guests raved about the food, and I'm still dreaming about the shrimp and grits even though our event was over a month ago. The service was incredible at every level. Lara helped us pick out the perfect menu, and even assisted with figuring out our floor plan for the reception. The stations were all set up beautifully the day of, and the staff ensured that the bride and groom actually got to enjoy the food! Not only did they bring trays of hors d'oeuvres and drinks down to the wedding party while we were taking pictures, they also asked what my husband and I wanted to eat and made plates for us to make sure we got to try everything! They also sent us home with some leftovers, which was wonderful. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to hire a caterer.

Profile Picture Lillian, 2/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Vicki is absolutely incredible to work with! She truly made my husband and me feel like her only clients. Additionally, she has the patience of a saint. She was never "too busy" to answer a question in detail or text/call. She was always excited to see and talk to us if we ran into her at other weddings. She has an impeccable attention to detail and memory. The food is beyond incredible and we are so thankful that we did not go with another company. There are many catering companies that have good food, but none have the level of customer service that Rock Top Catering does.

Profile Picture Grace, 12/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, BBQ, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish

I am so glad that we chose Rocky Top for our December wedding! Jeff was wonderful to work with, he was always very patient and flexible. My husband and I had to bring our kids with us to the tasting event and all of the staff was so attentive to our kids, they didn't have to offer them food but they made sure our kids felt included. One waitress even went in the back and brought them out kids cups which was so nice. I highly recommend going to a one of their tasting events! It was so mucj more fun than we expected it to be! Then on the day of our wedding everything went perfectly! The food was absolutely amazing, all of the staff was so kind and helpful, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! It was nice being a bride and not having to worry about anything as far as food and drinks were concerned because I completely trusted the caterer. Their set up also looked beautiful even though we had a buffet. We had a lot of children attending our wedding so Jeff suggested we do a kids buffet and it was a fantastic idea, I'm so glad we chose to do it! Rocky Top also provided us a bartender for the night, she was so wonderful, patient, and the drinks were delicious! I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Madison, 12/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Rocky Top to cater our daughter’s wedding in December and could not have had a better experience. Kevin and, especially, Vicki were incredibly helpful and professional during the whole process of planning the menu. Beginning with the tasting, they really worked hard to create a menu that was exactly what we wanted, and within budget. But the most important thing was that the food was amazing! Seriously, it was so delicious! We got so many compliments from our guests about how tasty and well-presented it was! And the staff was unfailingly courteous, attentive and efficient. Vicki was such a joy to work with; she took such a personal interest in the whole event that we felt like we’d made a new friend by the time it was over! We would definitely hire Rocky Top again in the future.

Profile Picture Beth, 12/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

They went above and beyond. Everyone on the staff was awesome! The food was awesome! The guy in charge went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. My husband kind of hiking asked where he could get a red bull from and he went to the store and got him one. They were awesome! We worked with Vicky to coordinate everything and she was super friendly. I am vegan and they had so many options for me to choose from it was awesome! I would highly recommend Rocky Top catering to anyone!

Profile Picture Grace, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I chose to go with Rocky Top after attending one of their open houses & well, because the food was delicious and they had so many options! My initial meeting and menu selection with Elizabeth was seamless and she made booking with them so easy! They not only helped me with the food choices for the wedding but they also came with me and helped get all the right rentals for my venue! This team knows what they are doing! From Vicki making sure all of our tiny details were correct to Josh walking around during our wedding to make sure we thought everything was tasting good, I could not have hoped for a better catering experience. I would most certainly use Rocky Top again for any of my catering needs!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/14/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres

Rocky Top is simply amazing. Me and my husband both agreed that we did not want our guests to leave hungry nor dissatisfied with the food. With Rocky Top, we did not have to worry about either. Our guests were full after cocktail hour and kept raving about how delicious everything was. A special thank you to Lara for making everything easy and for putting up with my (and my mom) indecisiveness. We look forward to using Rocky Top in 15 months for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. You simply cannot go wrong choosing Rocky Top.

Profile Picture Patrice, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rocky Top was amazing! They made our wedding day a breeze! We are big foodies and we wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for our guests. Vicki was so patient with us and noted every detail that we wanted and followed through with everything we asked for. Guests are still telling us how all the food was wonderful!

Profile Picture Nina, 8/19/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Tables, American

I am so beyond impressed with the service and staff at Rocky Top Catering! They did an amazing job at our wedding yesterday! Everyone was super polite and accommodating and the food was amazing! We even got to take home a little bit of everything from our fruit display, hors d'oeuvres and buffet. Special thanks to Vicki for helping us get everything set up and making sure the night was successful!! Thank you for being such a huge part of our special day!!!

Profile Picture Joelle, 7/1/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Unbelievable. I pulled together a small ceremony in just a few days, and Falon and her team absolutely went above and beyond the call of duty. The food, presentation, and service was outstanding. People couldn't believe the quality of Rocky Top, and their ability to pull it together in just a few short days! SO BLESSED!!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Falon was great to work with and always let us know the best deal and what to go for. The food was amazing and all of our guests enjoyed it! I would use them again for any event. We recommend the caprese chicken for main course and chicken and waffles as appetizers!! Ask for Dan when you book! He kept my husband and I happy and refreshed when we were doing our pictures and even set aside some appetizers for us to enjoy.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Lara was able to meet our budget limitations, and accommodate all our menu requests!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We met with Falon and she had me laughing from the beginning. She's super easy to talk to and you'll leave feeling like you just made a friend. We didn't even try any of the food Rocky Top serves before we booked them; we picked RT based solely on their menu and how delicious everything sounded. Then hoped for the best! All our vendors told us RT made great food, so we were hopeful.

Thankfully the food not only didn't disappoint, but it was great to amazing depending on the dish. While I didn't get to taste everything, they did make sure the sweetheart table was stocked with some of everything and also bussed it to give us fresh food. We had a waiter that made sure we wanted for nothing whether it was food or drink. To further personalize our wedding, we were able to get a local beer instead of a wine choice and stock the s'mores bar with quality chocolate, not that wax-flavored Hershey's excuse for chocolate. Everything ran smoothly and Falon coordinated with CE Rentals so all we had to do was pick out linens, plates, utensils and glasses. Everything was there and ready. One of my biggest requirements for my wedding was great food and Rocky Top definitely delivered!

Profile Picture Dia, 5/26/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: American, Italian, Local, Southern

I can not say enough about the fabulous food and excellent service that Rocky Top Catering provided for my daughter's wedding. Thank you Kevin and your entire team for bringing your special flavor to our weekend!

Profile Picture Lee Ann, 5/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rocky Top’s food is "top" notch! Our wedding guests make compliments about that part of our big day the most. Elizabeth was very easy to work with and always available when needed. She is very experienced and knows how to tailor a menu to your specific vision, within budget. The waiters and waitresses were all outstanding and made everyone feel pleasant and fulfilled. They would even crack jokes with our guest and continuously ensure that they were enjoying the food and service. You will not be disappointed with Rocky Top!

Profile Picture Breanna, 5/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lara with Rocky Top Catering far exceeded my expectations for our big day. Having worked many banquet/wedding catering jobs over the past 8 years I have seen many weddings with catered events crash and burn with disorganization. I felt from day one that Lara had the professional experience and could handle any issue that came her way. She was very flexible staying late after closing to have consultation with us, because my schedule is crazy. She attended every meeting and even helped me pick table clothes and china at my rental meeting with another company. Lara was always responsive, professional, and kind.

Everyone raved at how amazing the food was. We did not even get the chance to eat the actual food at our wedding (like most couples) but they graciously prepared some to-go boxes we enjoyed during the after party. Service team was awesome and the ladies at the bar were so fun! We would totally recommend RTC!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Choosing Rocky Top Catering for our wedding day was an easy decision. They were easily the most accommodating, helpful, cost efficient, and friendly catering company we met with! Falon went above and beyond to help me make my wedding day a dream come true. She offered advice and helped make decisions based on her experience with my venue and many weddings in general which was VERY appreciated. The service the day of could not have been better. The staff was excellent and efficient. Our guests raved about our bar tender! The food was wonderful and the setup was perfect. Rocky Top makes this part of wedding planning seamless and they come highly recommended by this very happy customer!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Server(s), Tastings

i don't know where to start. these guys are phenomenal. Lauren was on top of every aspect. she was very thorough and very thoughtful. we initially selected Rocky Top for the Amazing food it was by far the best we had tasted and it came with a great team that served with excellence and precision.

Profile Picture Khaled, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved loved loved loved Rocky Top Catering!!!! All of my guest are still asking about the food and who catered our wedding!!! Hand down the best food in the world!!! We will be using Rocky Top again and again and again!!!! :)

Profile Picture LaTonya, 3/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Falon was a super-star for us! My mom actually found Rocky Top and asked Falon to email me some pricing. She wrote a great email and seemed flexible for my small wedding. Fallon was patient, encouraging, and knowledgable from start to finish. Rocky Top helped to make our evening special, even as we hosted our own wine bar and desserts. The staff was efficient and clean up was a breeze. Fallon and our rental folks, CE Rentals - who also did an amazing job!, coordinated so communication was easy and gave us less one thing to think about. Could not be happier with RT and Falon! Thank you! :)

Profile Picture Cyn, 12/30/16, 1 Review