Rocky Top Catering Reviews

Rocky Top Catering 4
Rocky Top Catering 5
  • Leia

Leia · Getting married on 06/06/2020

Rocky Top is EVERYTHING (Delicious Food | Amazing Service | Great Value)

We haven't even had our wedding yet and we would highly, HIGHLY recommend Rocky Top Catering. They were originally recommended by our venue so I did research and reached out to them immediately after reading all of their positive reviews. To be fully transparent, this was 2 years before our date since we planned a long engagement, but despite how far in advance they provided us with the highest customer service. Rocky Top's communication from day 1 was extremely prompt and they jumped on a call to have a consultation within days. As we are out of state they worked with us to schedule a private tasting when we'd be in town (since we wouldn't be during their free open house tastings that happen every other month). My fiancé and I felt like royalty that day and it was his favorite part of wedding planning to date by far. The best meal we've ever had and so, so much fun! You can tell the people at Rocky Top love their jobs and their company. We quickly booked them and are so pleased with how organized and communicative they have been. For what I feel like we're getting (an amazing caterer), the cost is extremely reasonable and they are one of our only vendors who accept payment by credit card with no additional fee, which is nice for us since we are paying so much in cash for everything else already. I feel so confident that they will be amazing our day of and am so excited!!

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Lala

La'Dasia · Getting married on 05/24/2020

Amazing food

I Have been to several events where Rocky top Provided Catering & Its delicious every time. My favorites would be the Korean BBQ & their beef brisket. I would recommend this to place to anyone who would like so Delicious & flavorful food. plus they have some many food options to choose from.

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • W

William Clark · Married on 12/28/2019

Delicious and Exceptional

The food was delicious. Jeff was especially easy to work with and very organized. Everybody at the wedding commented on how good the food was. Additions were quick and simple and the company really worked to make everything we wanted possible

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 11/17/2019

Great food, fun staff!

We worked directly with Lara K. building up to the wedding. She answered all of our questions and helped us adjust our menu multiple times. She even figured out our menu and appetizers when we realized we had a vegan guest attending.

I loved the flexibility of the bartending available through Rocky Top. We used their bartending services but provided our own alcohol. The staff was great figuring out our different wines.

The staff at the wedding itself were fantastic! Dawn was our point person and she was having great interactions with the guests. The staff was extremely helpful and fun to have around! We loved working with them all!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Jordan Cunningham · Married on 11/10/2019

It has been months and people are still asking for more helpings!

Vicky and her team are amazing. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful! We could not have been happier with our experience. I still have friends and family telling me they want more of the food!

Rocky Top Catering 6
    Sent on 01/15/2020

Kyle · Married on 09/28/2019

Favorite meal of all time!

To this day I don't think I've had food as good as the food that is offered by Rocky Top! My now husband and I went to our tasting having just finished a tasting with another vendor and were BLOWN AWAY by how amazing the food was and how nicely it was presented! You can really tell how professional this company is by the way they present themselves and their food. Vicki was phenomenal to work with, and she really helped us come up with a menu that included food we would both love and would floor our guests. Not only that, but on the actual wedding day when I walked into our reception for the first time, I was amazed at how beautiful the stations were set up!

We heard from so many of our guests how much they loved the food and we couldn't agree more! Thank you to Vicki and the whole RTC team!!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Edgar Harrell · Married on 09/28/2019

Delicious Food and Fantastic Service

Jeff and the Rocky Top team were amazing. We worked with Jeff for a year in preparation for our wedding, and at every step of the way he was clear, helpful, and friendly to work with. He invited us to tastings and various events Rocky Top organized so that we would feel included and comfortable with their services.

The food was top notch (seriously, get the Parmesan and Parsley Grits) and Rocky Top met our every need along the way. We had severe food allergy concerns and various alternative diets, and Rocky Top met every need with enthusiasm and seriousness.

The servers were attentive and helpful, the bartenders were friendly, and the event managers made sure no one went hungry or thirsty. Everyone who talked to us about our wedding beforehand told us we would be too busy to eat, but Rocky Top ensured that my husband and I were well fed and enjoyed the food as much as anyone else.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing food and service

Jeff and the Rocky Top team were amazing! We catered Rocky Top for our wedding recently. The communication was top notch throughout the planning period, and Jeff was able to answer our questions promptly and accurately. We were able to go to a couple of tastings before finalizing our menu for the evening. The compliments on the food and service were non-stop. Everyone was so pleased, and the best part is that we didn't have to worry at all; We knew Rocky Top had it handled.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Rawlins · Married on 07/27/2019

The. Best. Catering. Company.

Rocky Top Catering is AMAZING! They catered our wedding reception and we cannot be happier! Everyone raved about the food and service for days after our wedding.

Ciara was our sales rep. She is an absolute professional and a joy to work with. She walked us through every step of the process and was always available to answer questions and provide suggestions. She even coordinated every bit of our third-party rentals for linens, dishes, etc. She helped us consider and think through things we wouldn’t have otherwise. Our wedding reception was at the Blue Zone in UNC’s Kenan Stadium, and she worked seamlessly with Carolina Athletic Hospitality to pull off the event.

Melissa was our day-of event manager and she was amazing as well! The days before and of our wedding were a blur – but she and the rest of the Rocky Top team completely rocked every part of it! I was thoroughly impressed with how not a single detail was missed between Ciara, Melissa, and Carolina Athletic Hospitality.

The service staff was incredible as well. From the moment we arrived, they were completely on top of everything. As the bride, not one time did I go to the bar for a drink. From the moment we arrived, a staff member made it her mission to make sure I always had everything I needed. The staff truly went above and beyond to make this event work flawlessly. They wowed us by helping organize and manage our sparkler send off and even loaded my parent’s van up with wedding gifts and decorations at the end of the night!

If you’re looking for a catering company for your next event – seriously look no further!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Emily

Emily Downing · Married on 07/06/2019

Mini. Chicken. And waffles.

I'm just going to say it- if you haven't had Rocky Tops mini chicken and waffles (with goat cheese), you haven't lived. There's also this delightful brisket/ potato combo that you can't pass up, but is definitely worth passing to all your friends. We actually ate these exact appetizers at a friend's wedding in May of last year, and were pumped when we realized that Rocky Top was a preferred caterer through our venue as well.

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/28/2019

Above and Beyond

Rocky Top was absolutely amazing! All of out wedding guests were RAVING about the food for days after the wedding! The service team was super efficient, and even our sales coordinator Vicki was a champ helping serve the head table. Additionally, we had a hand full of guests who have severe food allergies, including the grooms' mother, and Rocky Top went above and beyond to make sure they still got a delicious meal. One guest sincerely thanked me, saying she has never been to a wedding that has handled her husband's allergies so well! Upscale passed hors d'oeuvres and surf 'n' turf duet plate were also super affordable! I cannot say enough good things about this company, the service, and the delicious food!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 05/24/2019

The best catering experience of our lives! Great work.

We could not have been more happy with our wedding catering thanks to Rocky Top. Choosing our menu was the most fun- they have so many different options for presentation style and genre or food. We opted for passed appetizers during cocktail hour and carving stations for dinner, and we were so happy with our choices! The catering tastings were probably our favorite part of wedding planning. We had two individual tastings and also attended one of their tasting events, which made it really easy to pin down our menu! For cocktail hour, we had bacon-wrapped scallops, mushroom crostini, crab dip, and a fruit display. When my husband and I went to the bridal suite after the ceremony, they brought us a huge plate with generous samples of all the food so we could try everything but also have some alone time together to celebrate being married. It was probably the most special part of the whole day! The dinner service was incredible. We had a beef sirloin station with roasted potatoes, dinner rolls, and vegetable medley, and this station was very popular among our guests! We also had a mushroom bolognese pasta station for a vegetarian option, as well as a seared tuna station that came with sticky rice cakes and wasabi. Our guests loved the stations and the various options! My husband and I didn’t manage to eat much throughout the night because we were trying to talk to as many of our guests as we could, and Vicki made us giant takeout boxes to take to our hotels so we could enjoy everything! This was such a nice touch. We got to our hotel and feasted, it was so much fun! Vicki was the sweetest, most wonderful person to work with. She was so attentive to our needs and desires and really tried to make everything exactly how we wanted it! We loved working with Vicki and recommend her and Rocky Top to anyone looking for a wedding caterer. They will not disappoint!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Sharon Mulgrew · Married on 05/04/2019

Fabulous Catering!

Vicki and the team from Rocky Top are awesome. The food, service, enthusiasm, cooperation with other vendors, execution, are all beyond reproach.

We had many guests traveling from the northeast and wanted to wow them with southern hospitality and phenomenal food. Rocky Top excelled and based on the numerous compliments from our guests and cleaned plates our guests were wowed.

Vicki, consider this a big hug. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Lauryn

Lauryn · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Caterer in the Triangle!

Rocky Top came highly recommended to us as we began planning our wedding and it is no wonder why! The process for tasting was amazing, the menu is diverse, options are competitively priced, and everything is customizable! Vicki and her team for our wedding at The Stockroom were amazing! The food was BEAUTIFUL and delicious and our guests RAVED! They made sure the flow of the dinner was right on time and made sure my husband and I were well taken care of all night. Cannot say enough good things!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Paula

Paula · Married on 04/27/2019

Lara Kelleher and the Rocky Top staff went above and beyond for my daughters wedding! Our guests loved the food, the service was great. We had heavy hors d'ourves for the cocktail hour and then a buffet dinner, after dinner we had a petite dessert selection that was delicious. And before our guests left we had sliders that were passed around. I enjoyed working with Lara, she had taken over after Jenn our original contact had left, the transition was seamless! The food was delicious, the presentation was beautiful, everything ran smoothly! Our guests enjoyed the food and the friendly staff, can't ask for anything more! I would highly recommend Rocky Top Catering!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Erin · Married on 04/27/2019

Flawless catering!

Absolutely the best catering experience we could have had! We worked with Vicki Tong to plan our wedding and could not have been happier. She was so easy to work with and so professional and experienced. This is how great they were: I didn't even notice them at our reception. Their service was so seamless, they were so attentive, everything was where it needed to be, and all of my guests were thrilled with the food. Good food was a priority for my fiance and I and we were not disappointed. I cannot say enough how wonderful our experience was!

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • shauna

shauna · Married on 04/27/2019

Best wedding food ever!

Lara with rocky top was so great to work with. She was very responsive and professional. My fiance and I had a certain budget in mind and she worked with us until we reached the perfect menu within out budget. The day of the wedding was amazing. The staff was so professional and hard working. The servers came up to me several times during cocktail hour pictures to make sure my groom and I received appetizers and even grabbed us waters and drinks from the bar! TALK ABOUT SERVICE. I had so many people comment on how great the appetizers and food was! Also, how polite the waiters were. We had a caprese salad, cerviche tostada, and bacon, blue cheese jam slider (wow) that were absolutely to die for! Not to mention the dinner was amazing. I've been to so many weddings where the food taste dry or cold. The braised beef and stuff chicken were so moist and had the perfect amount of sauce. My husband and I who are big foodies were so impressed by rocky top!!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Mel King · Married on 04/06/2019

Rocky Top Exceeded our Expectations

Vicki,
    I just wanted to thank-you and the rest of your team for delivering a wonderful meal for Casey and Will’s reception! From taking care of the fact that we didn’t make it to the biscuit bar during the cocktail hour. I’m sorry that I missed that and the rest of the cocktail hour spread but as good hosts we were talking with everyone.

I received nothing but positive feedback on the quality of the food. I was nervous that the fried chicken wouldn’t be as good as it was at the tasting it was. Which means it was as good as my grandmother’s on Sunday’s after church. I also received many positive comments on the brisket and the barbeque.

We had high expectations for a dream day for Will and Casey, our family, and guests. Rocky Top played a big part in exceeding our expectations! We all are big fans! Father of the Bride

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/06/2019

SO Easy To Work With, And Delicious!

We could NOT be happier that we chose RTC to serve our wedding! They really worked diligently and well with us to meet and elevate our food wedding vision. We wanted something casual, yet substantial and delicious, and they really kicked it out of the park while working within our budget. We had heavy hors d'oeuvre and two stations, and our guests raved about how delicious everything was! The stations were fluid, so the party never stopped -- which is exactly what we wanted. We couldn't be happier or more grateful for them!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • jackie

jackie · Married on 11/09/2018

Vicki is the best

STOP LOOKING FOR ANY OF TEAM AND HIRE ROCKY TOP!!

My (now) husband and I got married this past November, we are total foodies.. we looked high and low for a vendor who would be willing to put up with our perfectionist palate. Vicki for the win!!

I can not say enough good things about Vicki and her team, I loved her so much I almost didn't want my wedding day to come so I could continue eating amazing food and working with her. We must have changed the menu about 5 times, requested special meals, and even added a vegan meal for one of our guests last minute! She gave us everything we asked for and always with a smile!

People are still talking about how delicious our food was and commenting it was the best "wedding food" they have ever had!

Rocky Top Catering 7
    Rocky Top Catering 15
    Rocky Top Catering 16
    Sent on 01/17/2019

Elena · Married on 11/03/2018

Great food, exceptional event coordinator

Rocky Top was great- we were very pleased with our event and would be proud to recommend them to our friends. The entire team was extremely professional from beginning to end but our account manager, Lara, was exceptional. She easily incorporated our feedback and change requests and was able to provide suggestions and recommendations to make our event perfect. The food was very good- we have received a ton of compliments from our guests. Additionally, the displays were beautiful and matched our event decor perfectly. We are so glad we chose Rocky Top for our event and highly recommend them (especially if you can work with Lara)

Rocky Top Catering 17
    Rocky Top Catering 18
    Rocky Top Catering 19
    Rocky Top Catering 20
    Sent on 01/20/2019
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing food and service!

Rocky Top was amazing throughout our entire wedding planning process! Jeff was very communicative and accommodating. The food and beverages were fantastic. Our guests said the fried green tomato hors d'oeuvres were the best! The staff was super friendly, professional, and courteous. We couldn't have asked for a better reception!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Mae · Married on 09/30/2018

Rocky Top catered our wedding with fantastic food and service. We worked with Kristen, and she was flawless! She went above and beyond to make our day perfect. She was very quick in responding to my many emails, professional, and everything we could have hoped for in a catering coordinator. The staff during our reception was incredible as well. Highly recommend Rocky Top for all of your catering needs!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 09/22/2018

Ohmygod I have never enjoyed such good food. My husband and I went with some good old fashion BBQ from from their Southland menu. Really great!! We selected the biscuit bar (it's as awesome as it sounds) for cocktail hour, and did a buffet of pulled pork, chicken and waffles, green beans, and mac and cheese for dinner. The servers grab a plate for you and your partner so you don't even go up to the buffet. Every need was taken care of and they accommodated for my husbands grandparents who cannot walk very well. Would highly recommend this vendor. At the end of the night they even packaged up all our left over cookies (from another vendor) and two meals for my husband and I (which we enjoyed last night and it was still delicious!).

We had Vicki as our contact and she was great to work with. Answered all of my questions and walked us through the entire process with ease. Even had recommendations for us when we asked. Vicki also came with us to CE Rentals to select plates and other utensils (its really nice because you don't have to worry about a second vendor. Everything for CE is paid through Rocky Top). Additionally they had the biscuit bar and drink table decorated rustically as well (wasn't just serving trays and plates). I wasn't expecting this at all, but I'm SO glad they did, it really pulled the space together. They really think of everything!!

I wanted to give a special shout out to Cindy, a server who worked our event. She was so sweet and stopped my husband and I to wish us congratulations and compliment my dress. She was so so sweet and we talked to her more during the night. Really top notch employee and super helpful and prompt. Anything we asked for, she grab for us immediately - really made us feel like the top of her priorities. All the waiters were great , kind, and greeted us with smiles, but she really stood out to us as going above and beyond!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

Great food, even better customer service

Rocky Top and Vicki, in particular, made our wedding reception sheer perfection! Vicki worked with my fiance and me on a menu that reflected our tastes and even created a whole need appetizer just for us and our big day. You won't regret booking this vendor!

Sent on 11/16/2018