Rock Paper Scissors Reviews

19 | Charlottesville, VA

19 Reviews for Rock Paper Scissors

Abigail · Married on 08/13/2016

A 5 out of 5 for Rock Paper Scissors, they were a little more expensive then an online service but worth every penny. I worked with April who helped me design the save the dates and invitations. She helped me choose something that represented our style and was within our budget. I also loved supporting one of my favorite Charlottesville businesses!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Rock Paper Scissors's reply:

Thanks so much, Abigail! We hope your wedding was out of this world and can't wait to see pics!! Thanks for the very kind review, it is much appreciated!!

Allison · Married on 03/28/2015

I worked with Sarah, from Rock, Paper, Scissors, and could not have been more pleased with everything they did. They did all the paper products for my wedding (Save the Dates, wedding invitations, rehearsal dinner invitations, menus, programs, escort cards). Everything they did was exceptionally beautiful and exceeded all of my expectations. I came to them with ideas, and they always were able to make them even more beautiful. They always responded immediately to all of my e-mails and were amazing to work with. Sarah was so sweet, flexible, and efficient, especially considering all the stress of a wedding. They were the best vendor I worked with, and I will use them for all other paper products I ever need.

Rock Paper Scissors created beautiful table cards, place cards, programs, and welcome cards for our June 2014 wedding and we could not have been happier with their service and high quality product. Heather was extremely professional and attentive, and very patient as we worked through multiple rounds of editing our program and other customized materials. Dani produced stunning original drawings for our table cards based on ideas we had given her and we were thrilled with how they came out. Their work was truly outstanding and really helped give our wedding a personalized touch.

Dani and Heather were both great! They helped to make both our Welcome Party and Wedding Invitations perfect. They both provided help and attention to detail throughout the process. Thanks!!

Abigail · Married on 05/26/2013

Rock Paper Scissors had a wide selection and the staff worked with me for hours until I found the exact save the date and invitations suite that was perfect for my wedding. They has great design taste and understood exactly what I wanted. Happily, everything even came in under the budget I had set for stationery!

Sent on 03/25/2013

thanks abigail!!

Katie · Married on 04/27/2013

Incredible, beautiful invitations. Everyone raved about our invitations, and we were so pleased! I highly recommend Rock Paper Scissors for your paper needs!!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Rock Paper Scissors's reply:

thanks for the kind review, katie!! can't wait to see pics from your wedding day... hope it was amazing (such nice weather!)! it was great to work with you!

Sara · Married on 10/19/2012

Heather and Dani at Rock Paper Scissors were invaluable at helping us achieve the look and feel of our save the dates and invitations.

They worked closely with us to narrow down the exact vision we were trying to accomplish, and the result is more than I could have ever imagined. I love my invites and wish I could send them out again!

More than just design, the team at Rock Paper Scissors helped me stick to a timeline and were proactive in finding solutions to achieve our desired look while also sticking to our strict budget.

They are creative, fun to work with and have a great eye for good design.

K · Married on 10/06/2012

I decided to hire Dani and Rock, Paper, Scissors because she and I both graduated from the same university, I wanted to support her business and she is RIDICULOUSLY talented when it comes to invitation design. If you step foot in her beautiful store in Charlottesville, you will see what I mean. I traveled up from NC to meet with her and discuss ideas for our wedding "logo", save the date cards, and invitations. Having no idea about wedding invitation etiquette, Dani sat down with me and we worked out all of the details of the wording for each piece. She was patient and gave very good advice when it came to the style of each part of the invitation. After we met and decided on colors/style/wording, she went to work! I soon received various proofs for save the dates and logos and it was like she read my mind! With very minor tweaks, they were just perfect, and the same goes for the invitations. In the end she designed a very unique set of items just for us and very much in line with our wedding theme. The logo she made for us was used as a sort of "family crest" on many of our guest favors (canvas bags and CDs), and everyone just loved it!

There will be many more events in our lives that will require getting announcements and invitations made and I will be calling on Dani time and time again for her creative mind and expertise! WE LOVE YOU DANI! Thank you for everything to you did to make our wedding day perfect!!!

Carrie · Married on 10/06/2012

I can't recommend Rock Paper Scissors and their talented team enough. I was very picky about my stationary and did all of the calligraphy, so choosing a stationer who was professional and competent was very important to me. Heather and her staff listened to my requests and gave me helpful suggestions that really elevated the look and feel of my paper. They put together my invitations, programs, menus and napkins, and really helped keep me on schedule. There was even a staff change in the middle of my work with them but the transition was pretty flawless. As far as the expense, you’re paying for their competence, expertise and the uniqueness of the product, so I'd encourage brides to consider those aspects. I had a great experience with them. Heather and Dani gave me a lot of options and took my ideas to the next level.

My new husband and I used Rock Paper Scissors for our wedding invitations, as well as all "day of" needs--which included programs, menus, table numbers, and escort cards. Dana Antol was amazing to work with--she is vastly talented and great at what she does! After a brief discussion with her about what we wanted, she made it an excellent reality. We had some changes with our program fairly close to the ceremony, and she handled everything with patience, kindness, and a wonderful sense of humor that kept us from being stressed! What she designed was classy and a great representation of our wedding, and we received so many compliments. We gave all of the credit to her and Rock Paper Scissors! We are so grateful to Dani, and we will definitely use them again for other invitations and announcements.

lauren · Married on 05/31/2008

RPS is so great! The staff is wonderful, so helpful, kind, knowledgeable and fun to work with. They have a huge selection of invitations and it is so hard to pick because they are all SO beautiful!

Heather was absolutely wonderful! Rock Paper Scissors has a terrific selection of wedding invitations - everything from traditional to modern and all in between. Heather was extremely knowledgeable and gave us great advice on wording, timing and style. My mother and I appreciated her suggestions and her sense of humor.

H · Married on 06/25/2011

I had a great experience at Rock Paper Scissors. Wedding invitations were expensive, but we made the splurge for our special day.

Kelli · Married on 05/28/2011

The invitations were beautiful! I visited the shop so many times and was in love with one particular design. They helped me make it my own. People called and emailed with praise for the invitation.

Heather · Married on 04/09/2011

Heather at Rock Paper Scissors was wonderful to work with. She helped me with everything from design selection, to figuring out the time line of when everything needed to happen (ordering the save the dates, sending them, ordering the invites and getting them out, etc.). She was also great with helping me figure out the exact wording to use. I felt like she gave great guidance while letting me decide what I wanted - it was the perfect balance.

They have a very good selection of wedding stationery, and my biggest problem was narrowing it down! There were so many that I liked. In the end we went with something with a modern feel to it and got lots of positive feedback on them.

Over all getting my invitations, etc. through Rock Paper Scissors was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the Charlottesville area.

Kristin · Married on 10/14/2010

3.5

I worked with Dani at Rock, Paper, Scissors on a customized letterpress wedding invitations from Press New York and she was very helpful with our short timeline and very particular requests! She was able to help us find some ways to save money and helped us customize the colors and fonts, as well as design a custom belly-band. The invitations even came in early!

• Ethan

Ethan · Married on 10/16/2010

3.0

Amy did my save the dates before she sold the store - and in fact we're one of the STDs on the wall (a huge compliment)! Amy allowed us to craft exactly what we wanted and the invitation was beautiful. It also was too expensive (something that I should have paid attention to) - so I had to go somewhere else for my invitations.

The new women that own that shop are talented and creative and I would highly recommend them.

I would also say that my biggest learning was to find one place to buy all of your stationary - STDs, invitations, thank yous - as much as you can. I brushed that off, but really, in hindsight, that would have saved so much time and effort.

Additionally, the calligrapher for Monticello is fantastic - Heather something, I believe (already tossed her info, sorry!) - hire her for addressing your invitations. Her handwriting is beyond anything that anyone in family could do (and my aunt spent her career doing calligraphy for one of the Senate offices).

K · Married on 06/30/2012

4.2

The designer at Rock Paper Scissors created an invitation that incorporated the main things that were important to me (a piece that was neither traditional or formal, but classy, and incorporated a specific font, a specific graphic and a tri-fold invite with a perforated reply card for less waste). We received nice feedback from guests on the tasteful and unique design of our invitations. She gently coached me through design and wording suggestions, as well as color schemes, but ultimately allowed me to make the final decisions. It definitely felt like a collaborative project.

Jessica · Married on 01/19/2008

1.5
      3.5

While this store was EXTREMELY expensive, everybody who received their invitations had to know where they're coming from. They have in-house printing services and send-away services, as well as the option to get your envelopes a week before your invitations so you can have them already addressed and stamped. A great store for a high budget.