43 Reviews for Rock Creek Mansion

Wheelchair Access (3)
Indoor (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
35 Rock Creek Mansion Reviews

This is a great place for an event. My daughter's wedding reception was held here and it was a wonderful experience. Rock Creek Mansion's event coordinator, Julie Buckingham Carter, was very helpful and flexible to meet our needs. They do one event per day so you don't have to worry about having other events crowding you out (we were able to do our set up at a time which was easiest for us -- which you may not get at another site). We used both indoor and outdoor space for one extremely reasonable price. This site is in Bethesda, Maryland which is a very expensive area, but this beautiful place is very reasonable priced (we paid $3890 for 5 hours plus 2 hour setup). I would highly recommend having an event here and would definitely use it again. Very nice place and very nice people working there.

Profile Picture Muriel, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a great place for a wedding reception. The staff was very helpful and made sure we had nothing to stress about. They worked well with our Caterer, Florist, Wedding Cake set up and DJ we used. The upstairs room for the Bride and her party worked out very well. We had our after party at their Bar downstairs and everyone enjoyed themselves. They are reasonable priced for everything.

Photo for Rock Creek Mansion Review - The Happy Couple
Photo for Rock Creek Mansion Review - Wedding Party
Photo for Rock Creek Mansion Review - Mom and Daughter
Profile Picture Bea, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Julie was very friendly, professional and accommodating. She was very helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. The venue was just right for our celebration.

Profile Picture Chhayrithy, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We used Rock Creek Mansion for our May wedding reception. We had toured several sites in the area but knew this was the right fit for the value, size, and different spaces we could use. Julie, the events coordinator, was another big reason we picked Rock Creek because she was so sweet, helpful, and easy to work with. She met with us several times including with both of our moms so they could see the space. We were also able to drop off decor the day before the wedding, which was super helpful. I also appreciated their list of suggested caterers, because we were able to find the fantastic Simply Fresh, and they knew the space and Julie very well which made everything smoother. The ballroom really is a blank canvas that you can transform to meet your needs. We fit around ~100 guests very comfortably and had a good sized dance floor. We used their tables (but rented different chairs), which saved us money as well. The back yard is also beautiful; we planned for our cocktail hour to be out on the patio with a tent, but because of stormy weather it had to be partially inside. We were also able to do bridal party portraits in the back yard. The location is also nice in that it has ample parking and is very close to hotels and downtown Bethesda. Thank you for helping us host our wedding reception!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/26/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Rock Creek Mansion. The staff was very easy to work with and did a great job. Julie at the Rock Creek helped coordinate our event and it went perfectly.

Profile Picture Zachary, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding at Rock Creek Mansion was fabulous! Julie was really helpful and responsive. She even allowed our dogs to participate in the outdoor ceremony. The value was great and the garden was perfect for taking photos and having lawn games. I was a little worried about the road noise during the ceremony, but it wasn't a problem at all. Overall, I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion was our venue of choice for our wedding on Sunday, May 6, 2018. Julie Carter and staff were very cordial and professional in their manner. The outside is beautiful. The inside is warm. We had 85 guests and there was ample room. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend Rock Creek Mansion for any special or life event!

Profile Picture DAVID, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie was great to work with. She was very responsive and accommodating. The venue was comfortable and created a great space for a cozy, simply eloquent wedding

Profile Picture Billy, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie Carter got back to me immediately and was so sweet! She went above and beyond to help me find a venue. Unfortunately, my date was unavailable to use their location. But I know if I had, Julie would have helped make my wedding day everything I would want it to be. She even extended a helping hand into seeing if there were other venues in my area she could recommend to me which I would not have expected any venue to do. I was floored by the excellent customer service she provided!

Profile Picture Holly, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

The venue was a great location for our reception. Julie and her team helped us with the vendors to ensure that our vision was captured. She accommodated our visits beforehand, so we could ensure that everyone was on the same page. Her recommendations on vendors were also really helpful. This truly is a hidden gem in Bethesda. With the neutral colors of the venue, it was easy to use any color in decorating that we wanted.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access

This is a very nice and really affordable venue. Everyone there did a fantastic job making our event really special!

Profile Picture User7509916, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Work with Julie on decor suggestions and other needs. She's excellent at providing ideas and resources for your event.

Profile Picture User7512905, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion is absolutely gorgeous and it was the perfect place for our 90-person wedding. We had the ceremony outside on the side lawn (so pretty!) and the reception inside, on October 29, 2016. Julie Carter, the venue coordinator, was so helpful from our first walkthrough to the final walkthrough to the actual day of the wedding. She helped us come up with a layout that worked really well and had great suggestions for vendors. The bartenders, contracted through the venue, were professional and quick, and accommodated our (advance) request for Shirley Temples with lots of cherries. The weather was perfect, so we were able to make use of the cute bistro tables and chairs on the patio. We would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an indoor/outdoor wedding venue.

Profile Picture Maya, 10/29/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Every one who is employed there are so very helpful and made us feel like family. Wonderful place to host any kind of event.

Profile Picture Sindy, 7/31/16, 1 Review

Love this place!
Thanks to Julie and the Mikes from KOC.
Thank you to Elegancia!

Profile Picture Shaun, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking

Rock Creek Mansion was a fabulous place for my daughters January wedding reception. The entry way to the venue is very pretty with a curvy staircase, which also made the perfect exit for the bride and groom. The bar area is very cozy with the fireplace. The large reception room was the perfect size for our 150 guests to be seated and still have room for a dance floor. Julie from Rock Creek was super and very accommodating. She worked well with our caterers, also. I highly recommend this place.

Profile Picture User6192270, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

We had our reception at Rock Creek Mansion and were very pleased! It was a beautiful day, so the patio area and furniture were great for cocktail hour. We had 125 guests and we comfortably fit, even with a large space for a dance floor and a photobooth station. The alcohol options are not bad and at a decent price, and they allowed us to substitute some different beers and wines from their list. The inside is neutral and can work well with whatever color scheme you are going for. I thought that for the location and amenities, Rock Creek is reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Melinda, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at RCM on 12-13-14 and it was AMAZING! Would do it again, anyday :)

Profile Picture kristine, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I want to start out to say Thank you to Julie and Mike for allowing us to have our wedding at the Rock Creek Mansion. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we will always cherish their help for letting us have an amazing wedding.

We chose Rock Creek Mansion because it was just a beautiful venue it really is a hided gem in Bethesda because my husband and I had no it idea it was there!

Julie is the wedding coordinator and was amazing from beginning to end she always answered her emails promptly for us and always offered her input to make sure our planning was much easier.

Mike was with us the day of the wedding and he was amazing and very attentive. He was quick to get things done without hesitation. He help set up that day as well.

We both cannot thank them enough for making our day unforgettable. Everyone was complimenting about the beautiful lawn and the venue itself.

You will not be disappointed to have your wedding at RockCreek Mansion please check them out!!!

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was perfect for a May wedding and we were very happy and lucky that the weather cooperated completely. The ceremony was outdoors on the large and nicely landscaped grounds. The guests enjoyed starters on the patio then moved to the spacious and beautiful ballroom for lunch and dancing. We had about 100 people and the space and acoustics were excellent. Julie, the event coordinator at the Mansion, could not have been more helpful. Based on her extensive experience with event planning and the venue, she worked with us closely to make sure we would be happy with the outcome. She drew up the room plans with indoor and outdoor ceremony options. She met with us and all the vendors to make sure details were consistent and known to all. She met with the caterer to nail down every detail. The venue was spotless when we arrived for setup and looked beautiful for the lunch. A staff member was there throughout the event to ensure things went smoothly. This venue is a secret gem in the DC area. It is beautiful and affordable, and a very flexible space.

Profile Picture Margie, 5/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion hosted our post-wedding party in August 2013 and the manager was very accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process. The venue is large and well maintained. It didn't need a lot of decoration in my opinion and we didn't do much. There's a beautiful patio, but we didn't use it because it would have thinned out our party if some guests were outside. The kitchen was large, easily accessible and had everything our caterer needed. There's a private parking lot behind the mansion that really adds value. We ran out of space eventually but plenty of guests were able to park for free and walk right in.

Profile Picture Sabrina, 2/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie was great to work with! She offered her experience and was on the ball with recommendations. She clarified how I wanted everything to be, and did a great job incorporating my ideas into set up.

Profile Picture Gen, 10/13/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion was an absolutely beautiful venue for our fall wedding reception of 100 people! I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and how exceptional Julie & Mike are to work with. They truly made our day an unforgettable one. Julie & Mike were so accessible and met with us on several occasions to go over the layout and timeline for the reception. It made planning a wedding from a distance so much easier. The grounds are gorgeous and the mansion itself is stunning - such a great find for the location, convenience, and setting. If I had to do it all again, I would choose Rock Creek Mansion and working with Julie & Mike in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a personalized, elegant, fun and intimate wedding!

Profile Picture Meridith, 9/29/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek mansion was absolutely venue for my daughters wedding. My daughter, son in law, family and friends all had a great time and commented on how wonderful everything was.

Thank you Rock Creek for making my daughters wedding FABULOUS.

Monica