37 Reviews for Rock Creek Mansion

Wheelchair Access (3)
Indoor (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
31 Rock Creek Mansion Reviews

Julie was very friendly, professional and accommodating. She was very helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. The venue was just right for our celebration.

Profile Picture Chhayrithy, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding at Rock Creek Mansion was fabulous! Julie was really helpful and responsive. She even allowed our dogs to participate in the outdoor ceremony. The value was great and the garden was perfect for taking photos and having lawn games. I was a little worried about the road noise during the ceremony, but it wasn't a problem at all. Overall, I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion was our venue of choice for our wedding on Sunday, May 6, 2018. Julie Carter and staff were very cordial and professional in their manner. The outside is beautiful. The inside is warm. We had 85 guests and there was ample room. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend Rock Creek Mansion for any special or life event!

Profile Picture DAVID, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie was great to work with. She was very responsive and accommodating. The venue was comfortable and created a great space for a cozy, simply eloquent wedding

Profile Picture Billy, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie Carter got back to me immediately and was so sweet! She went above and beyond to help me find a venue. Unfortunately, my date was unavailable to use their location. But I know if I had, Julie would have helped make my wedding day everything I would want it to be. She even extended a helping hand into seeing if there were other venues in my area she could recommend to me which I would not have expected any venue to do. I was floored by the excellent customer service she provided!

Profile Picture Holly, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

The venue was a great location for our reception. Julie and her team helped us with the vendors to ensure that our vision was captured. She accommodated our visits beforehand, so we could ensure that everyone was on the same page. Her recommendations on vendors were also really helpful. This truly is a hidden gem in Bethesda. With the neutral colors of the venue, it was easy to use any color in decorating that we wanted.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access

This is a very nice and really affordable venue. Everyone there did a fantastic job making our event really special!

Profile Picture User7509916, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Work with Julie on decor suggestions and other needs. She's excellent at providing ideas and resources for your event.

Profile Picture User7512905, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion is absolutely gorgeous and it was the perfect place for our 90-person wedding. We had the ceremony outside on the side lawn (so pretty!) and the reception inside, on October 29, 2016. Julie Carter, the venue coordinator, was so helpful from our first walkthrough to the final walkthrough to the actual day of the wedding. She helped us come up with a layout that worked really well and had great suggestions for vendors. The bartenders, contracted through the venue, were professional and quick, and accommodated our (advance) request for Shirley Temples with lots of cherries. The weather was perfect, so we were able to make use of the cute bistro tables and chairs on the patio. We would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an indoor/outdoor wedding venue.

Profile Picture Maya, 10/29/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Every one who is employed there are so very helpful and made us feel like family. Wonderful place to host any kind of event.

Profile Picture Sindy, 7/31/16, 1 Review

Love this place!
Thanks to Julie and the Mikes from KOC.
Thank you to Elegancia!

Profile Picture Shaun, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking

Rock Creek Mansion was a fabulous place for my daughters January wedding reception. The entry way to the venue is very pretty with a curvy staircase, which also made the perfect exit for the bride and groom. The bar area is very cozy with the fireplace. The large reception room was the perfect size for our 150 guests to be seated and still have room for a dance floor. Julie from Rock Creek was super and very accommodating. She worked well with our caterers, also. I highly recommend this place.

Profile Picture User6192270, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

We had our reception at Rock Creek Mansion and were very pleased! It was a beautiful day, so the patio area and furniture were great for cocktail hour. We had 125 guests and we comfortably fit, even with a large space for a dance floor and a photobooth station. The alcohol options are not bad and at a decent price, and they allowed us to substitute some different beers and wines from their list. The inside is neutral and can work well with whatever color scheme you are going for. I thought that for the location and amenities, Rock Creek is reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Melinda, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at RCM on 12-13-14 and it was AMAZING! Would do it again, anyday :)

Profile Picture kristine, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I want to start out to say Thank you to Julie and Mike for allowing us to have our wedding at the Rock Creek Mansion. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we will always cherish their help for letting us have an amazing wedding.

We chose Rock Creek Mansion because it was just a beautiful venue it really is a hided gem in Bethesda because my husband and I had no it idea it was there!

Julie is the wedding coordinator and was amazing from beginning to end she always answered her emails promptly for us and always offered her input to make sure our planning was much easier.

Mike was with us the day of the wedding and he was amazing and very attentive. He was quick to get things done without hesitation. He help set up that day as well.

We both cannot thank them enough for making our day unforgettable. Everyone was complimenting about the beautiful lawn and the venue itself.

You will not be disappointed to have your wedding at RockCreek Mansion please check them out!!!

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was perfect for a May wedding and we were very happy and lucky that the weather cooperated completely. The ceremony was outdoors on the large and nicely landscaped grounds. The guests enjoyed starters on the patio then moved to the spacious and beautiful ballroom for lunch and dancing. We had about 100 people and the space and acoustics were excellent. Julie, the event coordinator at the Mansion, could not have been more helpful. Based on her extensive experience with event planning and the venue, she worked with us closely to make sure we would be happy with the outcome. She drew up the room plans with indoor and outdoor ceremony options. She met with us and all the vendors to make sure details were consistent and known to all. She met with the caterer to nail down every detail. The venue was spotless when we arrived for setup and looked beautiful for the lunch. A staff member was there throughout the event to ensure things went smoothly. This venue is a secret gem in the DC area. It is beautiful and affordable, and a very flexible space.

Profile Picture Margie, 5/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion hosted our post-wedding party in August 2013 and the manager was very accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process. The venue is large and well maintained. It didn't need a lot of decoration in my opinion and we didn't do much. There's a beautiful patio, but we didn't use it because it would have thinned out our party if some guests were outside. The kitchen was large, easily accessible and had everything our caterer needed. There's a private parking lot behind the mansion that really adds value. We ran out of space eventually but plenty of guests were able to park for free and walk right in.

Profile Picture Sabrina, 2/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie was great to work with! She offered her experience and was on the ball with recommendations. She clarified how I wanted everything to be, and did a great job incorporating my ideas into set up.

Profile Picture Gen, 10/13/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion was an absolutely beautiful venue for our fall wedding reception of 100 people! I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and how exceptional Julie & Mike are to work with. They truly made our day an unforgettable one. Julie & Mike were so accessible and met with us on several occasions to go over the layout and timeline for the reception. It made planning a wedding from a distance so much easier. The grounds are gorgeous and the mansion itself is stunning - such a great find for the location, convenience, and setting. If I had to do it all again, I would choose Rock Creek Mansion and working with Julie & Mike in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a personalized, elegant, fun and intimate wedding!

Profile Picture Meridith, 9/29/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek mansion was absolutely venue for my daughters wedding. My daughter, son in law, family and friends all had a great time and commented on how wonderful everything was.

Thank you Rock Creek for making my daughters wedding FABULOUS.

Monica

Profile Picture Sara, 9/2/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you see an opening - book it fast! Amazing value for the price. Staff was hugely helpful, and really made my wedding day special! I completely trusted Julie, and she really helped me put the finishing touches, and had a ready made list of excellent vendors to choose from. Couldn't have pulled it off without Julie and her amazing staff!

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Mansion is such a great space! And for the price, you can’t beat it! I loved the seperate built in bar area! It was perfect for our 100 person wedding but could have easily fit more. Julie is so easy and nice to work with. Definitely recommend!!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding reception at Rock Creek Mansion this past weekend and we couldn't be more pleased with our decision! The venue is cozy and welcoming, the perfect spot for our 130-guest "rustic fall"-themed wedding. We had an indoor reception and rented a tent for the patio, which provided a nice spot for guests to take a break from the party inside and enjoy the fall weather, and watch the kids run around on the lawn. Julie Carter, the events coordinator at RCM, was accommodating and helpful from start to finish. She recommended excellent vendors who had worked together several times before, and who teamed up to create a magical reception that we'll never forget! Throughout the process, she shared lots of helpful hints and tips, like taking advantage of RCM's private room upstairs to accommodate several guests with babies and young children, and suggesting a table layout that provided enough space for the dance floor--which was a great decision, because our guests danced nonstop.

We had a blast and would highly recommend Rock Creek Mansion as a reception venue!

Profile Picture Meaghan , 10/15/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Rock Creek Manion in August 2014. The mansion is truly beauitufl and they have done a lot in the yards which makes it even nice in summer. Great location as well, right off the beltway. We had about 115 guests. We worked with Julie who was magnificent from the first e-mail all the way to the day off. Anytime I had a question about something she responded immediately. She was very easy to work with. We also used the bar services which were fantastic!

The only minor drawback that I heard of was during set-up on the day of the wedding. I wasn't there of course, but my mom's friend who was helping set up said that it was a little confusing and there were a lot of restrictions even though we went over everything. It is possible that it was confusing becasue we never had a "run-through" meeting like I thought we would with the caterer, RCM, DJ, and decorators (in this case my mom's friend). Throughout the last couple weeks before our event, we were looking out for it from Julie (or the caterer) but it never happened. It worked out in the end because the mansion looked BEAUTIFUL for the wedding, but the meeting would have given us peace of mind before the wedding.

Other than that, I highly recommend having your event at RCM. It's so easy to decorate.. there is so much you can do.

Profile Picture User3851641, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews