Rock Creek Gardens Reviews

39 | Puyallup, WA

39 Reviews for Rock Creek Gardens

39 Rock Creek Gardens Reviews

Kristin · Married on 09/15/2018

I have so many wonderful things to say about RCG! For me it was love at first sight the first time I saw the venue. I loved the pergola, all the chandeliers, and the beautiful landscape. I loved the bridal house! It has plenty of space upstairs for the girls to get ready as well as space downstairs that the guys could get ready if you wanted. Gracie and her team were always super quick at responding to our e-mails and always so patient with us. Mackenzie was our day of coordinator, and she was wonderful. It rained on our wedding day, and she was so flexible with me as we were trying to decide which lay out plan to go with for the ceremony. Overall we loved getting married at the gardens. Our only issue was the fact that we had asked before signing any paperwork that we wanted our dog to be apart of the ceremony. Everyone had said it was fine. We then moved forward with the wedding planning and continued to remind the team many times that we had our dog apart of the wedding, and all was well until the day before the wedding when they had mentioned that we had never signed the paperwork to have our dog there and he technically was not suppose to be there. It was very frustrating that we had made it very clear that we wanted our dog apart of the day and mentioned it numerous times, and 24 hours before the wedding we are getting this news. They ended up working with us so our dog could be apart of the day, but it was just news that a bride did not want to hear right before the wedding. We understand things happen and things get missed. It was just an stress that we did not need right before the big day. Overall though we absolutely loved the venue, and we would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is a bit pricey, but I feel that the services that we received there were worth all of it. Definitely worth looking into.

Megan · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I got married at RCG on 7/14/18 and it was our fairy tale day!! This venue is awesome! After a very extensive search into wedding venues, we were left with either very high rates, too many vendor rules and/or minimums, and once we found RCG we knew this was the place! The landscape is impeccably maintained and GORGEOUS, the space is big enough so that once you have ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception it doesn't feel like you're all in one place. So many things included such as tables, double set chairs, byob option and flexibilty with vendors made it a lot easier to make our wedding OURS without being inside a box of which vendors you must use. Though they recommend some, you're still able to pick and choose (for most)! Our wedding was perfect, the staff helped us along the way whenever and however we needed, and our day of coordinator (which is included by the way! This is not common at most venues and you NEED a day of coordinator).. Mackenzie, made our day run as smooth as possible! We also had our rehearsal dinner here the night before and it was so nice to be on the property and enjoy the space even more. This venue is great, the staff is always very helpful and nice and does whatever they can to make your day a dream!! Highly recommend - we're still having people tell us how beautiful our wedding was!! See many of our pics here - https://www.ataleahead.com/2018/08/rock-creek-gardens-wedding-puyallup-seattle-wedding-photographer/

Merrilee · Married on 06/01/2018

Such a beautiful place to have your special day! Everyone that works there are so kind and helpful. They offer too much to write about so give them a call or check out their website!

Rock Creek Gardens 1
    Rock Creek Gardens 2
    Rock Creek Gardens 3
    Rock Creek Gardens 4

Jill · Married on 06/15/2016

I honestly can't describe how much I love this place. How well they took care of us and everything else! I was a little busy during the day, but with all their help and the beauty of this place everything was perfect. Even though it rained we were able to go under the tent for awhile and it looked all the more beautiful. Maybe after a year I'll be able to explain better why you should definitely choose this venue, but right now I'm still reeling from the day! I just wanted to say immediately how great they are and how beautiful the entire place is!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Rock Creek Gardens's reply:

Jill, we were so happy to be apart of your day. You were absolutely stunning and so amazing to plan with. We wish you all the best!

I am not going to lie, the price for this place was not cheap but it is worth every penny! The coordinators stay in touch with us and they are really great with helping us throughout the process. Plus, you don't have to do much decorating because the venue itself is magnificent, it literally took my breath away when we got to the entrance. We didn't even drive in yet and my sisters were in awe just like I was. Their bridal suite is pretty sweet too, makes us feel like hollywood stars! We booked with them and are just super excited for our big day!! If the men were loving it too, then you know it's perfect! :)

Julz · Married on 05/29/2016

Both the venue and the Staffs are all amazing! going back reminiscing my wedding day it was absolutely gorgeous. Elise my wedding coordinator was so great! It was partly raining on the day of my wedding Elise handled all the vendors and situations professionally she did not panic instead she showed me a very positive attitude that everything is possible to make the wedding of my dreams a reality.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Rock Creek Gardens's reply:

Thank you for the such sweet words! We love hearing that despite a little rain, you enjoyed every moment. Best wishes!

Heather · Married on 05/28/2016

I knew I wanted to get married here before I was even engaged! The moment I became engaged I called and set up a time to book the venue (over 2 years in advance!!) I primarily dealt with Gracie during the process and she was so kind and helpful! I attended the many open houses and got to see the venue improve over the 2 years (I didn't think it could get better but it did!) The gardens are beautifully maintained making it so you don't have to spend more of flowers or decorations-the venue speaks for itself!
    about a month before my wedding I got my day of coordinator Vickie. She was AMAZING! If you are getting married here I would recommend her if you can! She knows how the venue works, has plenty of experience and knows her stuff! She was able to keep our groomsmen in line-which is a job in itself! ;). My mom and maid of honor couldn't stop talking about her and how helpful she was when they were trying to clean up and check out at the end of the night!
    I would recommend Rock Creek Gardens to any bride and groom looking for a Venue!

Dawn · Married on 08/15/2015

Rock Creek Gardens is incredible. The wedding we shot there this summer was run professionally and smoothly by April Runkel, the on site coordinator. We were inspired by the elegant getting ready room provided for the bride as well as all the water features, bridges, arches, trees, gardens and more on the grounds. We had a fabulous time and could shoot weddings there all summer long with all the beauty to be found there! I highly recommend you have your next event at Rock Creek Gardens!

Cortney · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot say enough on how wonderful not only the grounds are but the staff is amazing!!! My wedding planning process has been a breeze thanks to them. Everyone has been so helpful and kind. A big plus for us was how many options they provide at the venue itself, from tables and chairs to in house decor the options are endless and makes them incredibly affordable for all they offer. I would recommend Rock Creek to anyone and everyone!

Navia · Married on 09/07/2014

Rock Creek gardens is without a doubt the best venue to have your wedding at in the Tacoma/puyallup area. I saw only 2 venues when planning my big day and I knew immediately that rock creek was the place for us. Even my fiancé was impressed and knew we had to have our wedding there. The ladies that work there are so sweet and caring and truly want your wedding day to be amazing. Rock creek gives you the option of three different caterers to use for your wedding day (A Grand Affair is delicious and who I chose) and they also have a decor and flower service if you choose to use it. I used the flowers and decor service and they absolutely saw the vision I had. I had tears in my eyes when I walked to the reception tent on my wedding day. Kerra and Gayle who put together the decor and flowers somehow saw my vision through the tons of emails I sent them. I honestly cannot express how great they are. This place is well worth the money if you want a premier venue. There is a play area for the children to enjoy and more than enough space for guests, a Photo Booth, candy bar, and whatever else you want to include. It is beautiful and classy. They also have a day of planner for you, I worked with Stefanie and she was perfect. Things ran so smoothly and she was great at being kind, but firm with a few groomsmen who were a little too excited for the wedding. She was professional and did everything she could to make me and my husband comfortable, constantly keeping us updated on things and grabbing us whatever or anything we needed. If you are thinking about having your wedding at Rock Creek all I can tell you is please do it. This place is well worth the money

Mitra · Married on 07/19/2014

I cannot express how perfect of a venue Rock Greek Gardens is. My husband and I live in California so had to search pretty hard for a venue we liked for our Washington state wedding. The moment we saw pictures of Rock Creek Gardens, we fell in love. The venue is in a secluded garden atmosphere that is so intimate and romantic.

Gracie, Kerra, and all of the wedding coordinators are so helpful and responsive and really care about each of their clients. My husband and I paid for our wedding ourselves and had a pretty limited budget, but Gracie and Kerra were both so flexible and helpful in coming up with ways as to how we could make our big day work.

The garden itself is so beautiful- I highly suggest checking out the venue if you are considering getting married in Washington state. And the reception tent is just perfect for a party, no matter the size. All of our guests mentioned to us how beautiful the venue was. Rock Creek Gardens encompasses every aspect you could think of to make your big day perfect, stress-free, and beautiful. Thank you so much Gracie, Kerra, and everyone else at RCG!! Love, Mitra and Jaron

• Kristina

Kristina · Married on 08/31/2013

We got married at Rock Creek on 8/31/2013 and the wedding was absolutely spectacular! We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was!

Working with the staff at Rock Creek was very easy and they were responsive and professional always. They had great ideas for decor and setup and definitely knew what they were doing.

I really liked that they set us up with a week-of wedding coordinator. It made everything very painless and easy, especially the day of the wedding. I knew everything was going to get done and if anything needed to be changed or a decision made, I trusted her judgement.

I would certainly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beautiful location for a memorable wedding.

Tessa · Married on 07/14/2013

Words could never adequately describe Rock Greek Gardens. Our wedding day was one of the most perfect days of the summer – gorgeous blue skies, a peak of Mt. Rainier overlooking our ceremony, and weather that was neither too hot or too cold. I visited RCG a number of times (6 in total) over a 10 month period and each and every time the venue was gorgeous; no matter the season, the space is truly a gem. If you’re interested in having an outdoor wedding event seriously consider Rock Creek Gardens. It’s right in the middle of Puyallup but it's off of the beaten path to lend to the secluded garden atmosphere of the venue.

The RCG team (Gracie, the wedding coordinators, and the people who help set up/clean up) is very professional and great at what they do. Gracie and the coordinators respond to your needs quickly. I have to say something extra about Gracie because I feel like she went above and beyond to help my husband and I during the early stages, before I was set up with my wedding coordinator. My husband and I were genuinely happy to be married at RCG because Gracie was so kind, understanding, and flexible.

The reception tent is awesome; as it is, with the piped, drape-like ceiling from which hangs giant lanterns, the tent is a bargain that feels like a million bucks. For small, additional feels an individual can extended the tent to include hundreds of guests and if you happen to throw an event on a day that turns rainy/windy you can add installations. The bridal suite is the perfect retreat for the bridal party and immediate family. Our wedding had several games for guests to play and become involved in and the layout of the space lend itself perfectly for this because we were able to have each game in a different area: on the patio and under the tent.

We have received such great feedback about Rock Creek Gardens from many of our wedding guests. The worse part of our wedding day was that it had to end...I wish it could have lasted for days!!

Elisha · Married on 06/01/2013

Everything was perfect an beautiful! Couldn't ask for a more perfect peaceful wedding!

Jecelin · Married on 09/02/2012

Rock Creak Gardens is a beautiful venue hidden in Puyallup. They were very helpful when we had questions and worked with us to clear anything concerns we had. The place is so beautiful that you really don't need to do much flower wise. The tent sets such a beautiful enchanting feel for the reception and there is even a little play ground area that the kids at the wedding took advantage of. Great place to get married.

This place is amazing and the people that run it are all very sweet and caring. They go above and beyond any expectation to make any event as flawless and smooth as possible.

Rock Creek Garden is simply gorgeous, from its outer beauty to the venue's services. My husband and I enjoyed having our wedding there and wouldn't change a thing. Many of our guests praised us for finding such a beautiful wedding venue.

Eliane · Married on 08/17/2012

Rock Creek Gardens is a gorgeous venue. So many of our guests complimented the venue and said it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to. It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this venue to others.

Michelle · Married on 08/12/2012

The staff at Rock Creek Gardens are amazing! Not only are they fun to work with but they are very detail orientated and attentive. Our wedding was unforgettable and I highly recommend this to anyone considering a garden wedding.

Boris · Married on 08/11/2012

A beautiful venue for having your wedding outside. The place is spacious with gorgeous backgrounds of flowers and trees, green allies and fountains.
    Being a professional videographer for many years and filming a lot of weddings during my professional career, I need to say that this was one of the nicest places to work at, very warm and inviting.
    You can watch the wedding trailer filmed in :

Amanda · Married on 08/10/2012

Very beautiful place! We worked mostly with Gracie and Vickie and they were on top of it for us. They always responded quickly and gave excellent service! I always recommend this place to anyone that's getting married. We had the most memorable experience of our life!

The gardens is a beautiful place. It is elegant but not too showy. It is versatile, yet maintains it's charming character. It is the perfect place to have a grand celebration!

• Stacey

Stacey · Married on 05/28/2011

Let me just start off saying that we loved this venue! From the first time we visited to the day of the wedding, Rock Creek Gardens was wonderful. The grounds are beautiful and are great for pictures. My photographer said he wished all the places he went to were this easy to shoot. Gracie helped us through everything and was always there when I had a question. She is very easy to work with and very sweet. All my guests kept commenting about how beautiful it was there and couldn't believe that it was in Puyallup.

I also used their wedding coordinator service & was so happy I did. For a small fee, I had Vicki White help me with everything. We didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. She was looking over everything and would grab us when we needed to do something. I would definitely recommend her. She is wonderful!

The only problem I would say I had was with The Ram catering, which is now the exclusive caterer for Rock Creek. The new consultant from there was not as attentive as their original consultant who we set up our wedding with. Before the wedding, she met with Vicki (our coordinator) and Vicki gave her the diagram on how we wanted the reception area set up -- where tables should go etc. When I arrived at the tent on the wedding day, Vicki was a little flustered because they did not set up according to the plan. For me, it wasn't a big deal because I am easy going but if you're a person that cares about detail, you might make sure there is a clear understanding. The Ram also didn't put the right table cloths on the right tables - color wise -- and didn't look like they ordered enough for their tables as some of my tables were shorted. Again, I didn't worry too much but someone else might. The biggest concern I have about The Ram is that they were serving underage guests alcohol at the wedding. They gave my 16 year daughter alcohol until I went up to the bar and told them to stop. When I originally set up my contract with the 1st consultant, she told me that everyone would be ID'd. No one was ID'd at my wedding. Very big concern! But, if these problems with the new consultant weren't there, I would have been perfectly happy with The Ram. The food was absolutely wonderful. My guests raved about how good the food was and ate just about everything there.

If you want a beautiful venue and have great people to help you with your wedding, definitely go with Rock Creek Gardens!

Lacey · Married on 08/20/2010

Rock Creek Gardens is absolutely amazing!!! The venue is beautiful, the staff is exceptional and they provide you with a day of coordinator to make your day run perfect. I can't say enough great things about this venue! My guests keep telling me that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I recommend Rock Creek Gardens to everyone with an upcoming wedding!!

Abigail · Married on 10/03/2009

This place is so beautiful! The staff is super nice and helpful!! I was lucky to have my wedding here, it turned out absolutely amazing.