Rochelle Myers Catering Reviews

56 | Leesburg, VA

56 Reviews for Rochelle Myers Catering

Lauren · Married on 11/24/2018

Incredible Experience

Rochelle was incredible! We couldn't have asked for a better caterer and team for our wedding day. She worked with us every step of the way so that on the day of our wedding everything went perfectly. She was able to accommodate late changes for the weather and the food was AMAZING! Our family and friends were raving about the service they provided and the quality of the food! We were so happy with everything Rochelle did to make our day a success! We would hire her again in a heartbeat!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing food, even more amazing service

I got in contact with Rochelle initially because I'd read some reviews that she was great for events with dietary restrictions. My family and friends have a host of different special food needs. We've got vegans, vegetarians, and my mother and I both have celiac. And of course, I'd gotten my heart set on a cajun style meal (meat, flour, and bread galore).

When I told Rochelle I wanted to go cajun, she didn't even bat an eye. She put together a menu for me and my husband where I could eat EVERYTHING in our buffet. Anyone with dietary restrictions that aren't voluntary knows how special that is. I cried a couple tears of happiness as I ate my jambalaya.

Day of, Rochelle and her team were EXCEPTIONAL. They expertly took care of all the little things that make an event run smoothly. Anything that came up, they handled it. I am a very hands-on "must help" kind of person and they did a great job of keeping me away so I could completely enjoy myself :) They regularly came up to both my husband and I and asked if there was anything we wanted them to grab for us, a drink? A plate? More catfish? I truly got to enjoy the food at my wedding. I am certainly glad I wore Spanx.

I got not only stellar compliments about the food, I also heard a lot of praise for the demeanor of the staff. They were fun and would banter with my guests, but also kept it professional.

All in all, my wedding was an incredible success and food and the people working the event were a huge part of that. I cannot recommend Rochelle and her crew enough.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Rochelle Myers Catering's reply:

Erin, Thank you so much for your kind words!! Rochelle, myself and our team had such a wonderful time working with you and your husband, and all of the wedding guests! Everything was spectacular and we are grateful for the opportunity. We wish you the best of luck in your new chapter and hope to see you again!

Katherine Smithwick · Married on 10/13/2018

The best food ever

I LOVED working with Rochelle. She was one of my favorite vendors from start to finish. I simply told her what I wanted ( fried chicken and other southern delights), and at my tasting she delivered an AMAZING menu that built off of my original requests. She also went above and beyond for me. For example, I hate cake, especially wedding cake, so she asked me what my favorite and my groom's favorite desserts are. So we ended up having little mini creme brulee for all 150 of our guests and an ice cream bar, and then she made a mini cake for us that was for the photo op.

Rochelle is no nonsense and direct, which I LOVED and was so grateful for. In the wedding game, when you are overwhelmed with options and choices, she really just listened and gave me her best advice/option.

People are still talking about the spare rib, the fried chicken, the bacon wrapped date with blue cheese, and the corn pudding...so good.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Rochelle Myers Catering's reply:

Hi Kathy, your wedding was such a labor of love for all of your wonderful vendors. We were honored to be a part of the team on the big day. Your joie de vivre was infectious and we are so glad you were delighted. Congratulations to you and your husband and best wishes for your lives together.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2018

Great food, personalized and professional service!

We’re so happy we chose Rochelle Myers for our wedding. Kimberly was our point of contact from start to finish, and she was incredibly responsive, helpful, and supportive throughout the whole process! From our first phone call, to nailing down the details of the contract, to the tasting and walkthrough, she took the time to get a sense of us as a couple and what we wanted on our big day, and answered our many questions along the way.

Rochelle Myers’ menu options are awesome and her pricing was reasonable and transparent. Out of the 4 caterers I received proposals from, Rochelle seemed like the best value by offering such high-quality food and personalized service at a not-outrageous price for the DC area. And they really worked with us to get everything just right.

The food was delicious. We had 3 passed appetizers – zaatar chicken kabobs, bacon-wrapped dates, and shiitake spring rolls – then a buffet-style dinner with salad, soy-balsamic steak, mango salsa salmon, roasted brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes (a huge hit!). They don’t do desserts, so you’ll have to get your cake somewhere else, then Rochelle's staff will cut and serve the cake - this worked well well for us.

The reception went off without a hitch and we had such a great time! Kimberly and the day-of staff were awesome and kept the whole ship running smoothly. Our 50-ish guests were well-fed and happy, as were we as the bride and groom. They delivered plates of food to our sweetheart table at the beginning of dinner and refreshed our drinks a few times, making sure we were well taken care of. They made the reception space look beautiful, managed the food, bar, and coffee service seamlessly, and packed up our car at the end of the night. I thought Kimberly and crew did such a great job and they really made our night! Thank you, Rochelle Myers!

Dana · Married on 09/15/2018

WOW! Working with Rochelle and her staff was an amazing experience for our wedding. The food was hands down some of the best we have ever tasted. All of our guests loved the cocktail hour (especially the candied bacon and Virginia ham biscuits!), and the dinner was absolutely delicious! We chose the soy-balsamic marinated steak and mustard-maple glazed chicken as our entrees and the rave reviews from our guests were non-stop!

We worked mainly with Kimberly from beginning to end and cannot be more thankful for the amount of effort she put into ensuring our wedding day was absolutely perfect. She is a hard working professional who is always there when you need her!

We originally planned for an outdoor wedding. However, a week before our wedding, the threat of Hurricane Florence forced us to decide to change venues last minute. Kimberly took it upon herself to find us an indoor location, then worked diligently with our planner and the new venue to ensure a seamless transition… which significantly reduced the stress of the entire situation!

We would highly recommend Rochelle Myers Catering to anyone and could not be more thankful for their services!

soo · Married on 09/15/2018

I am so happy I found Rochelle Myers Catering for my wedding. First, the food is just amazing- dinner, horderves, desserts, everything was excellent. They used high-quality beef and fish. The plating was so pretty and professional. From the start of the planning and to the end, Rochelle worked with me closely, responded to questions, and helped me resolve problems I had with the planning. She designed food after listening to our background, what we wanted, which I thought was so sweet. You can tell she is passionate about her work. When we met to touch base, she spent time planning and went over exactly how it is going to plan out.
    Rochelle’s staff arrived early, they worked the magic. I don’t know how they do it but they do!! I didn’t have to worry a thing. Everything went so smoothly. Every single staff member was incredible and I have never seen this kind of service before. They were professional and caring. So many guests came to me to tell me how phenomenal the service was. The bartender made delicious cocktails with very little ingredients I prepared. Just amazing! After the event, they left the kitchen so clean, they even organized and cleaned things that do not belong to them. I truly felt the staff wanted us to have the best wedding.

Maggie · Married on 06/10/2018

We hired Rochelle and her team to cater for our 100-person wedding, and my husband and I are very happy with the result. Rochelle is knowledgeable and proactive in the planning process, and my wedding coordinator made a point of telling me how great she and her team were to work with. She was responsive and flexible, and took the time to work with us on our menu so that everything was just right.
    The food was amazing – not like so-so steam-tray wedding food good – I mean genuinely awesome. We have some seriously picky eaters among our family and friends, and everyone was raving about how great the food was. We had a buffet with maple-mustard chicken and ancho steak options, and mushroom risotto cakes that made a great side, but were also substantial enough to serve as a vegetarian entrée. Everything was super tasty. Rochelle is very good about accommodating dietary restrictions – vegetarian, gluten-free, etc., and knows what all that entails (i.e. if the food was prepared in a pan with gluten or not), which is great. She even added a gluten-free option to our pastry spread for my sister, who is gluten-intolerant.
    Rochelle uses local, sustainably sourced ingredients, which was important to us. We had a cheese and fruit spread during the cocktail hour, and each of the cheeses was identified as a local or artisanal variety – and again, super yummy. Rochelle worked with the rental company to coordinate the table linens, dishes, chairs, and dancefloor, and everything went smoothly. The staff were professional and friendly, and they took special care to make sure that my husband and I got to eat amid the hustle and bustle of the reception.
    Choosing the caterer for your wedding can be daunting – it’s often the largest item in the budget. I can thoroughly recommend Rochelle and her team. Our wedding went so well, and I’m so glad that we had Rochelle as a part of it!

Renee · Married on 04/07/2018

Review from Wedding Planner:
    Rochelle Myers Catering was top-notch! Their menus sounded delicious and we were not disappointed on the wedding day! The bride had contracted RMC and was confident and comfortable with them during the planning process.

We met Rochelle and Kim (event captain for the wedding) at the walk through and they were very thorough in going over all the details necessary to make the wedding a success. Kim was very accessible via email and was able to respond in no time! Rochelle, Kim, and their crew were able to work within space parameters for a tented wedding. With some creativity they were able to adjust the table placements for both buffet and guest rounds to ensure efficient meal service.

Their day-of staff worked quickly to set up and kept it professional at all times. Staff was courteous and kept the event flow moving from post-ceremony reception into dinner. Led by Kim, I felt confident that all would go well and she was very accommodating and flexible with event logistics. The food was delicious and plentiful. Staff kept an eye on the food and were quick to refresh. The bartenders were great! They had smiles on their faces the whole time and were welcoming and approachable. I couldn't thank them enough for their support! The wait staff was great with clearing plates/glasses and staying discreet as toasts were taking place. Again, lots of praise for Kim and her on-site staff!

Thank you Rochelle, Kim, Chefs, waitstaff, and bartenders for a memorable event!

lucas · Married on 11/18/2017

Rochelle catered our wedding on November 18th and everything was exceptional. She and her staff were an absolute delight to work with and we will absolutely recommend Rochelle to any friends or family in need of catering services. Rochelle was communicative, clear, and flexible through all parts of the process.

The most typical response we heard from our guests, and we would agree, was that the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding. We couldn't be any happier with the service she and food she provided!

Rachael · Married on 11/05/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Rochelle and her staff. From the first call planning the menu to the actual wedding reception, it was a pleasure. Rochelle listened to what we were looking for, and she designed a menu that was unbelievable (delicious, catered to our style, and creative). The planning process was easy and smooth. On our actual wedding day, we were treated so kindly by Rochelle and her staff too. It was a treat! I highly recommend Rochelle for her professionalism, organization, and delicious food- healthy food too! I am going to dream about the s'mores bar she created for years and years. I will book again for a future event. Thank you, Rochelle!

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

Finding and choosing Rochelle for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! We fell in love with her menus online and when we had a tasting the deal was sealed! Rochelle’s menus and the value are unmatched- we didn’t even want to look around after finding her! Rochelle was always responsive and helpful with everything for our catering menu and beyond- she gave us insight about general wedding advice as a seasoned veteran in the field which was so much appreciated!

As for the food....on another level!! Good food was the most important part of our wedding to us and we are so glad we decided to go with Rochelle’s company. All of our guests have been consistently commenting that our wedding food was the best wedding food they’d ever had- and we agree whole heartedly! Not only was the food delicious, it was also beautifully displayed and set out on a perfect schedule. Rochelle even made sure my husband and I were able to get our dinner before everyone else so that we wouldn’t be too busy to eat- she walked us through the buffet, explained everything, and made our plates for us! All of the team that Rochelle brought with her were super helpful and pleasant to all of our guests- we honestly could not have asked for a better experience!

If you want really good food and a menu that is catered to you and your special day, you HAVE to go with Rochelle! Her personalization and attention to detail are unmatched, but most importantly, her food is spectacular! Get the fried chicken.....trust us!!!

Thank you so much, Rochelle and all of her team!

Karen · Married on 10/07/2017

We were so pleased with the quality of the food and the personal attention in making the reception align with our vision. Rochelle responded quickly to all communications before the event. We appreciated that there were no surprises - everything was what we expected and more! The on-site team was extremely professional and adaptable to our needs. Many guests asked us who provided the catering services, and we recommended Rochelle Myers Catering to them without hesitation.

Susan · Married on 09/30/2017

Delicious, Beautiful, Perfect! I cannot say enough about the wonderful food and service that Rochelle of Rochelle Myers Catering provided for my daughter's wedding on September 30, 2017. Our guests are still calling and telling us what a terrific time they had an how fantastic the food was. Rochelle created the perfect menu that not only took care of the vegan bride and groom but all the rest of the non-vegan guests! The salmon and rosemary garlic chicken were cooked to perfection. The penne with tomato and vegan pesto sauce were favorites of the bride and groom. The heirloom tomato salad, garlic roasted potatoes and greens with apples, spiced pecans and maple vinaigrette were the perfect choices on such a beautiful fall day. From beginning to end Rochelle and her staff made our daughter's most special of days move flawlessly, look stunningly beautiful and taste absolutely delicious. Thank you again Rochelle, you all were wonderful!

Tom · Married on 08/05/2017

My daughter's wedding was a few weeks ago. I cannot say enough good things about the team that was there. I hope to get their names correct, but Maureen, Becky, Adam, and Kaley were incredible!!

Being that we aren't pros at weddings and we did not have a wedding planner to keep the reception on track, Maureen (the manager) asked if she could help. She then coordinated everything and handled everything for us. The food was wonderful, plentiful, and hot! All the things a person would want in a caterer.

I brought my pickup so that when trash bags filled, we could just toss them in the truck and I could take them to the dump the next day. Maureen said there was no need for that. They would handle all the trash up until they left. The rental company wanted the dishes scraped and put into the containers they came in. Maureen and her folks took care of that, too.

These may seem like small things, but knowing there were professional folks helping and these small things were taken care of so that my wife and I could enjoy the evening and our guest... meant the world to us.

I wish I could add more stars but 5 is all I get.

THANK YOU MAUREEN, BECKY, ADAM, AND KALEY FOR EVERYTHING! YOU MADE THE EVENING SPECTACULAR!!!

• Renee

Renee · Married on 05/27/2017

From start to finish Rochelle Myers Catering was a dream to work with. It started initially with the tasting that she set up for us. It was so personalized and made us feel so special, not to mention the food was to die for! She even made cheese curds for our cocktail our because my Husband is from Wisconsin! She was very responsive and so easy to communicate with. The day of the wedding was even better than I could have imagined! Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful the appetizers were. When we were done with pictures we had a plate of all our appetizers waiting for us! Also, when the buffet opened Mary went and got our plates for us so we could sit back and have a moment to ourselves. Mary also went above and beyond the whole night to make sure we always had a drink and were able to mingle with our guests. The amazing service didn't stop with Rochelle and Mary…the whole wait staff including the bartenders were awesome! My Husband and I could not be more pleased with Rochelle Myers Catering, they truly made our day the best day ever!!!

Kate · Married on 10/08/2016

Just had my daughter's wedding served by Rochelle and her skilled team. Dinner was truly exceptional, hors d'oeurves gorgeously displayed and tasty, her service crew skilled and on point, and Rochelle's attention to all the details complete. She saved our special day after a difficult disappointment with our original caterer. Thank you so much, Rochelle!

Jocelyn · Married on 10/02/2016

Words cannot express how grateful I am
    For Rochelle and her team. I liked Rochelle immediately as she was the most responsive caterer.. I Called 10 caterers and she was on top of it and I could not appreciate that more. I changed my event three times as my father passed away when planning for my wedding. Not only was she kind and thoughtful she was understanding in a time where I needed support from anyone. Her team showed up
    And we're flexible and kind during the wedding. Everyone loved them. The food was excellent and the service was incredible.. I cannot express how great the Wedding was and I credit a lot of that to her and her team!

Ramonda · Married on 05/30/2016

You need to decide how important fabulous food is for the event that you are planning. If wonderful food served beautifully and in abundance is what you are hoping for, then this is the caterer to go with.

joannapstephens@gmail.com · Married on 05/21/2016

Rochelle Myers Catering did an absolutely incredible job with our wedding! Several of our guests afterwards told us that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! Rochelle was very flexible and willing to work with us to get local, ethically raised meat for our reception, which was very important for us - she even personally knew the farmer who provided us with the meat! We also had an absolutely fantastic pesto pasta dish with sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts for our vegetarian guests, and it was so good that all the meat eaters wanted it, too! Rochelle was incredibly professional: even when our venue told us last minute that they weren't providing a full set-up crew, she was able to organize a full set-up crew for us and just took everything in her stride. Her staff were courteous and professional at every moment. Everything went smoothly and beautifully during the whole reception and we just got so many compliments from our guests! I would highly recommend Rochelle Myers Catering to anyone planning a wedding!

Lisa · Married on 04/16/2016

Outstanding food, impeccable service, outstanding experience! We had Rochelle's "Fajitas and Margaritas" at our wedding a couple weeks ago and they exceeded every expectation. The entire staff was friendly, organized, knowledgeable and extremely professional.

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

I recommend them for everyone really nice for wedding day !

Renee · Married on 04/10/2016

Rochelle Myers Catering was very responsive and provided excellent service for my wedding. At last minute, I asked Rochelle to change the menu for my mother and she accommodated me. She also looked up vendors that sold comfortable chairs for me because my mother needed that as well. The catering company was able to provide a menu of tapa style dishes for us. The groom and I wanted our guests to be able to dine on chicken, salmon and beef at our wedding all within a reasonable price bracket and Rochelle provided just that! I would recommend her to any bride that likes variety and doesn't go by the status quo. Happy planning ladies and gents!

Lisa · Married on 12/06/2015

The first two times we used this caterer was for birthday parties. The third time we had them cater a party for us was our wedding. Same-sex marriage had just become legal in VA and they were the first people we thought about (after each other of course!). Rochelle and the others were very excited for us and even donated the cake as a present! They are absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend them. The food is excellent and I heard many guests compliment them. Rochelle will make changes for you in the menu and they clean up afterwards, which is a blessing in itself. They are very professional and fun. A nice mix.

RheaAnn · Married on 09/26/2015

Working with Rochelle was 1 of the best experiences my husband and I had while planning our wedding. From day 1 we knew that we wanted Rochelle to be our caterer. We didn't want a typical wedding buffet and after our first conversation with Rochelle we knew that she could make it happen. After going to her beautiful home for the taste testing we were ready to sign on the dotted line, her food is FANTASTIC! Her attention to detail is stellar and she was so organized. We actually hired a wedding planner and regret doing so after realizing that Rochelle was more on the ball than the planner. She was absolutely flawless the day of the wedding. All of our guests were raving about her fried chicken and shrimp and grits! We can't thank you enough Rochelle (and your awesome team!) for the amazing job you did. We hope that we can conjure up some event soon so we can hire you again as our caterer! I HIGHLY recommend using Rochelle if you want the best food and no stress!