Robert J.- Events & Catering Reviews

16 | Akron, OH

16 Reviews for Robert J.- Events & Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

nicole · Married on 03/16/2018

Nicole & her staff did an amazing job and the food was delicious. We received many compliments.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

I researched a few different catering companies as our venue had a preferred list of about 5-6 caterers that we could use without incurring an additional fee - this sounds weird however the Happy Days Lodge (which was a fantastic venue!) does not have a kitchen and the caterers on the preferred list have catered there many times before and know what they need to bring/do in order to successfully caterer an event there. While each of the companies offered something either unique or special, we felt that Robert J. Events was by far the best overall value. We initially worked with Robert, the former owner. Early in our planning he sold his company and we were a little hesitant about whether the service and coordination would be the same quality. Nicole was our new contact and coordinator and she met our expectations completely. Nicole was professional, prompt, and easy to work with. She answered all of our questions (we had a lot) and modified packages as much as she was able to in order to fit with our wedding and needs. I preferred a sit down dinner however my husband had concerns about food being cold once it reached our guests as this has occurred at a few other weddings we have attended. Steam was literally rising off of every plate as it was served. Their bar and wait staff were friendly and courteous and the food was amazing! We had so many compliments on the food that evening and we could not have been happier working with Nicole and Robert J. Events!

Sent on 12/20/2015

The food was amazing and service was awesome. Met up with them a few times to go over budget and what we wanted for our linens and plates. We did a buffet style reception and the staff was fantastic. They supplied linens, plates, cups, coffee, water and someone from management stayed to make sure myself and my husband were happy and willing to get us anything that we needed. If you have any food allergies they will make sure that nobody works on your food as someone elses.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Chris · Married on 06/01/2014

Robert J provided amazing catering for our wedding - everyone afterwards came up to us unprompted and told us how excellent the food was. He also made the planning process very easy and was always quick to respond to any questions we had. During the wedding reception itself, Robert J worked tirelessly in the background making sure that everything ran smoothly. We are very pleased that he catered our wedding!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/13/2013

Bob from Robert J Events was so professional. The food was outstanding. I have been to so many weddings were the food wasn't like the tasting was. Not with Robert J. Events. We got so many compliments. The wedding was at Brookside Farms in Louisville and Robert J. Events made it so special. Every detail was handled so professionally.

Sent on 09/17/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2013

We went to a couple of different tasting and the food and service at Robert J Event were on a completely different level. Bob was very professional to work with, he puts a lot of pride into his work. He was very helpful with our food choices and gave us some excellent tips on how to make sure the night ran smoothly. This is not your typical wedding food, everything was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. Everyone loved the food and they made sure to tell us about how they went back for seconds. The wedding packages they offer are very inclusive (china, linens, napkins, flatware, glasses, etc.), unlike other places that add on charges. We also used Robert J for bar back service and bartenders. We were allowed to supply our own alcohol and Robert J supplied all the mixers, juices and garnishes. The bartenders were extremely friendly to all of our guests. I would highly recommend Robert J Events for any catering and bartending need.

Sent on 11/27/2013
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 07/17/2011

Bob and his team were fantastic to work with! They were the preferred caterer for our venue, and I couldn't have been happier! They worked with us within our budget to create a great meal! Having an outdoor wedding in the summer I didn't want the typical wedding food...Bob and the Chef worked with us to come up with a unique meal our guests loved! The service was great and we were so pleased with how smooth everything went on our big day!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Gina · Married on 06/25/2011

Bob and his team are unbelievable. They are able to work within your budget to create the event of your dreams! I wanted a cocktail vibe, and Bob's advice was incredibly helpful. Not to mention, the food was AMAZING! My guests were 'wowed' by his unique presentation (mashed potato martini bar!) of the items, and they couldn't stop talking about how wonderful everything tasted. Incredibly professional, and really know their stuff! I will use him for any kind of event I have in the future, as well.

Sent on 07/08/2011

carly · Married on 10/22/2010

Robert J went above and beyond in regards to our caterer. Excellent food and the linens and china were included in our price. Despite being 2300 miles away from Ohio, Bob was great to work with. Will definitely use him again if we have the opportunity.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Ally · Married on 06/19/2009

The food is absolutely amazing I am SO glad that we went with Bob...

Sent on 07/09/2008

I just had my wedding catered by Robert J and am incredibly pleased. The wedding was at the Happy Days Lodge, which is somewhat challenging since there are no onsite facilities for food prep. Everything needs to be brought in, which could easily compromise the quality of food - not Robert J.

From the beginning, we liked Robert J because of the value and variety. We had a tasting and were very pleased. In the end we created a very customized menu, and he and his staff accommodated basically every request and met us in our price range. We paid for several up-charges willingly as well in order to get everything we wanted.

Robert responded to emails quickly and was very proactive in finalizing the guest counts, etc. The night of, his staff was very helpful in keeping the evening flowing and service was extremely prompt.

Most importantly - THE WEDDING FOOD! It was so, so good. Keep in mind it was NOT what we had at the tasting and we were surprised. The food was piping hot, super fresh and flavorful. It was also plentiful. Many of the guests told me and my husband that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. I couldn't be happier with the results, and Robert was very easy to work with.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2007

Bob was very easy to work with. At no time did we feel we were sold any extras. We appreciated his advice and would definitely work with Robert J again.

Lots of compliments on the food and professionalism of the staff. Guests also loved the children's menu.

Sent on 11/30/2007

Jenny · Married on 06/21/2008

As a Catering Service, I believe that, in the end, the proof is in the pudding. Robert J makes exceptional food. Delicious food, not "good food for a catered buffet good" but " I would go to that restaurant again" good.
    Above and beyond the quality of the product, the entire night of my wedding went off without a hitch. Robert J's staff is attentive, extremely polite, I think everyone on staff personaly congratulated my husband and I, and very good at what they do. I cannot say enough good things about Robert J Events.

Sent on 07/05/2008

Denise · Married on 07/07/2007

Bravo did an excellent job with our wedding. They not tailored a menu to our specific desires, but they also gave me an amazing tasting. We wanted a casual cook-out feel for our reception, so they even prepared the chicken and ribs on giant grills right in front of our guests. It was great.

Sent on 03/06/2008

Hannah · Married on 11/05/2016

Robert J Events did a great job catering our wedding reception this November. We got many compliments on the quality of food. The price was very reasonable compared to other options we looked at.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Robert J.- Events & Catering's reply:

Thanks so much Hannah. It was a pleasure working with you throughout the planning process. We wish you and your new husband every happiness!

Erin · Married on 03/14/2015

3.0

Great food, very unique and tasteful, all my guests complimented it. The new manager does have some communication issues she may want to work on. The previous owner Bob with whom we booked with great, but ended up leaving the company before our wedding..

Sent on 03/30/2015