Rob Spring Photography Reviews

Rob Spring Photography 3
Rob Spring Photography 4
Rob Spring Photography 5

Stacey · Married on 10/09/2015

We are working with Stephen at Rob Spring Photography and couldn't be happier. We are the two most uncomfortable people in front of a camera but he manages to capture us as "us" and you would never know how uncomfortable we are. He is so easy to work with and very supportive of all of our crazy ideas! He was even a trooper in -10 degrees to get our engagement photos just the way we envisioned them. I can't wait to see the pictures of our big day!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

That was the coldest I have ever been! And I loved every minute, such good memories with you guys, thanks so much for asking me to be a part of your wedding day! -Stephen

Nancy · Married on 10/04/2015

Stephen Whiting was simply amazing!! We have only seen a few wedding previews and can not wait to see the rest! Our son and daughter in law's engagement pictures were fantastic, so we had a feeling the wedding pictures would be the same. However, we did not realize the level of professionalism , the caring, the humor and the patience Stephen and his crew would have with our wedding party & guests! We can not say enough about how marvelous and talented he is! We will recommend him to everyone we know!
    Thanks again Stephen!!
    Nancy & Ski Hoover

Sent on 10/08/2015

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Nancy! Wow you guys had an amazing party, I loved meeting everyone, and thank you for welcoming me in, I felt like part of the family.

Amy · Married on 10/04/2015

My husband and I got married on Sunday, October 4, 2015 at Saratoga National Golf Course and Stephen Whiting was our photographer. We cannot say enough wonderful things about him! He was so fun to work with, responded to any of our questions immediately, and took amazing pictures!! He did both our engagement photos and wedding. It was so fun to see him get so excited about our photos - I can't wait to see the rest! He was also very organized when it came time for family photos. We would highly recommend him to any couple!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

You guys are the best, I know how much you cared about your photos and I love how artistic and creative you are. We had so much fun on your day!

kimberly · Married on 10/04/2015

From the moment Matthew and I met Rob we knew we wanted him to be our photographer. It was clear his photography was outstanding and combined with his infectious personality we booked him right away.

On the day of our wedding Rob was simply amazing. He interacted with our family and friends with confident ease making the photos comfortable and enjoyable for everyone! He was able to bring true laughter and happiness to the day and it clearly shows in all his work.

In addition to our stunning photos we had numerous guests comment on how wonderful Rob was. He was kind, funny, and professional with everyone while capturing many joyous memories throughout the night.

I will absolutely recommend Rob Spring Photography! We already have had two guests from our wedding book Rob without even looking into other photographers!

Rob will go above and beyond to make sure your day is exceptional and we are very happy for the friendship we’ve made.
    Kimberly & Matthew

Sent on 01/30/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

You guys are the best! I'm so happy for you both and that it was such a picture perfect day (no pun intended). Can't wait to see you again soon at Sarah's wedding and next year for Alyssa's!

Sarah · Married on 10/03/2015

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Rob, Stephen and their whole crew! From the moment I made an inquiry, they were THE EASIEST wedding vendor I employed. I hired (2) separate photographers because of the size of our venue and they were super flexible with letting me only buy the coverage I needed. They took care of everything, asked me the questions they needed to to get the job done and eliminate 100% of my stress with worrying about my photos. I could trust that my "production team" had it under control and worry about other things. Stephen shot our day and, though we hadn't met before, I had spoken to him enough that we had a great repoire already! Loved his personality to!!! I don't have nearly enough good things to say about them. 100% recommend them! :) They really helped make my day!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much! You guys had one of the most unique weddings I've ever seen, it was so much fun, and I'm glad I was able to capture it for you!

Alison · Married on 09/26/2015

I was referred to Rob Spring Photography by the amazing Jennifer Norton of True Grace Make-up. Within a day of my inquiry, Rob personally called me to discuss my wedding, plans, and to get to know me and my husband. From that conversation on, I knew we were in good hands. Stephen Whiting was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. Since we live in South Carolina, we needed to coordinate a time when we were in NY to have out pictures taken and he was really easy to work with. We did our engagement shots at Skidmore College in Saratoga. It was a beautiful day and setting and Stephen was awesome to work with. We had so much fun! I told him how excited I was when he suggested Skidmore because I LOVE touring college campuses. My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves and knew that we had made the right choice. On the wedding day, Stephen and his crew were amazing and very easy to work with. We also used the photo booth option which was a lot of fun for our guests.

Rob Spring Photography from start to finish was extremely professional and we loved the outcome of our photos. They also suggested our DJ, McMahon Entertainment, which was an added bonus. Having vendors that have worked together before makes the day much easier and more fun for you. We did not stress and had the time of our lives!!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

You guys had the party of the year, I think you seriously danced for two hours straight! Even though seeing all your buff crossfit friends made me a little depressed, I still loved everything about your day. Your bridal party was so much fun and you're right, DJ Brian McMahon killed it that night!

Gabriel · Married on 09/20/2015

I can start by saying that I am very hard to please. I looked dozens of photographers in the Albany area and was in love with the pictures taken by Rob since the beginning. I remember having two favorites in the end, and showing to my friends to get a second opinion and everyone would pick Rob's pictures. What everyone always said was, they look more fun. Indeed they did. I am so glad I picked Rob to be my photographer, Rob is very professional and a pleasure to work with. He brought an assistant with him, and both of them did a great job. My pictures look great, I cannot recommend him more. I wish we could have photo-shoots with him all the time in special events - that is how great he is. Do yourself a favor and get Rob as your wedding photographer, you will not regret. I could swear I had left a review somewhere, but could not find it here in Weddingwire, so I here I am. Thank you Rob for everything.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

Stephen did our engagement shoot and wedding and we just absolutely love the work he did. It's creative, beautiful and everything we imagined. We not only found a fantastic photographer but we gained a great friend :) Rob Spring Photography is easy and wonderful to work with. Book them now, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review Lauren! I think the highlight of the wedding day might be those blue and orange martinis you had to color coordinate with your wedding! ;)

Sarah · Married on 09/18/2015

This crew is the best of the best! I am not from the area and had no clue where to start when searching for a photographer. This was my absolutely MOST important component of our wedding. We are obsessed with framed photos and albums, obtaining the best was our goal! It seemed like pure fate that we met Stephen Whiting. Rob Spring was amazing, spent an entire hour on the phone with me and arranged to meet me at a bridal show. He fell illl, and despite my completely understanding he was sick, wrote us a beautiful email expressing how bad he felt for missing us! I could tell immediately that he loves his job and values his quality of work. We were truly impressed with every photo we saw at the show, and Stephen spent a lengthy amount of time chatting weddings, photos, sports, anything with us! We were instantly hooked on this team! Our engagement shots were awesome-exactly what we requested. Stephen was super flexible to schedule, (they are super busy, we live 3 hours away and the weather was iffy all day),and he came by at exactly the right time.And he was on board for anything! We enjoyed a few beers, got a little silly and truly had so much fun during our shoot.Before we knew these beautiful photos were in our hands! Despite the busy season, they were so quick to send them to us and they were SO perfect.On our wedding day, Stephen was so patient with all the girls, Sarah went and greeted the boys and they loved working with her!All of the guests were constantly complimenting the teams (Stephen, Stephen, Sarah) interactions with them. We honestly wished we had Stephen as a guest at our wedding rather than working! He encouraged us to be our silly selves and allowed us to take whatever ridiculous pictures we wanted (ever see the old fitness equipment at the Erlowest??).Most probably haven't, but we were down (we are personal trainers) and therefore Stephen was all about it! Rob and his team are all amazing.We are truly blessed to have found them. I could go on & on!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Go on and on, Sarah! We love you guys so much, you guys were up for anything and just wanted to have fun on your day. What a great group of family and friends you guys have, your ceremony on the lake was ridiculously beautiful, and I'm not sure if you remember it, but the end of the night was crazy fun! Thanks for inviting me, I love the pictures we got.

Christine · Married on 09/12/2015

Shortly after securing the venue for our wedding, we began looking for a photographer. I had gone to get my hair cut and colored in Saratoga one Saturday, and while discussing wedding plans, my hairdresser mentioned that she had worked with Rob Spring when she got married, and had only good things to say about him. A few days later at work, a colleague mentioned that Rob had been her photographer for her maternity and newborn photos. At that moment I knew that Matt and I just had to meet this infamous Rob Spring. A few weeks later, Matt and I were walking out of our appointment with Rob and couldn't stop talking about him for the rest of the day. He was so energetic, passionate, enthusiastic, and felt instantly like a friend. We knew that he would do a great job capturing all of the special moments on our wedding day.
    It is now been 2 months since our wedding, and my friends and family are still raving about how fantastic Rob was that day. That morning he came to my parents' house to photograph me with my bridesmaids and family. Rob quickly learned and addressed everyone by name, and made everyone feel at ease. His comments were hysterical and kept us laughing all day. I think that his humor is infectious, and can be seen in all of the photos he took of us on our wedding day. Rob has a way of making everyone laugh so that he can capture such natural smiles and poses. None of the photos he took look "staged". Everyone appears to be at ease and enjoying themselves to the fullest. I would absolutely recommend Rob Spring Photography. He far exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Kyle · Married on 08/29/2015

This was by far the easiest part of putting the wedding together. My wife and I were originally planning on eloping up in Montreal and Rob agreed to come up and shoot our elopement photos for us. Then, things changed and we ended up deciding to go with a full blown wedding. Was this an issue for Rob? Not at all. He was thrilled for us and was more than happy to rework our contract to include a full wedding shoot and engagement pictures. He and my wife nailed down a place to do the engagement photos and then made it happen seamlessly. He and his assistant showed up the day of our wedding and did the bridal shoot with my wife and her bridesmaids and then headed over to the orchard where we were getting married and took all of our "first look" photos (which is the way to go if you want to get back to the party faster). Rob was so helpful, friendly, funny, charming and resourceful. I can't imagine any other company, or person for that matter, would go to the lengths that Rob did to get the best possible circumstances for pictures. Oh and the pictures themselves were beautiful when we received our copies. Absolutely stunning. Overall, if I could rate Rob Spring Photography a higher score than 5 stars, I would. Thanks again Rob, you're the best!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Caitlyn · Married on 08/28/2015

I met Rob at a bridal show shortly after my husband and I got engaged and knew he was our guy! His personality and enthusiasm was a breath of fresh air in the whole wedding planning craziness! We planned our wedding from 5 hours away, and Rob even offered to come to Buffalo to shoot our engagement pictures! He was very quick to respond to our emails, and phone calls. I cannot say enough good things about Rob. The day of our wedding was perfect, and he right was there to capture every memory. He did an amazing job capturing our first look and his light hearted personality really eased our pre-wedding nerves. Thank you so much for making our day so special! We highly recommend Rob Spring and will definitely be contacting him to capture more of our special future moments!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

So great to hear from you Caitlyn, and I'm so humbled by your awesome review! It was such a beautiful day for you and Jay!! I wish we could do it all over!!! (And wish the weather was that nice for every wedding!)

Johnalyn · Married on 08/21/2015

When you choose Rob Spring Photography, you are not simply hiring an outstanding photographer. You are hiring someone who will bustle your dress, grab you a glass of champagne, and make you and your family/friends laugh. Rob was an essential part of my wedding day for these reasons.

When I received my wedding pictures I couldn't believe how creative he was. My wedding was romance/literary themed and Rob somehow found the words "my bride" on a random book page scattered on the table and captured it beautifully with my engagement ring.

I can't recommend Rob Spring Photography enough, everyone there is extremely quick to respond to any questions you have and do everything in their power to make your wedding day seamless. I'm not the only one who loved Rob, I heard from all of my guests and vendors how great Rob was during the entire day/night.

Choose Rob Spring Photography because this is the day you will remember for the rest of your life!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review Johnalyn! It was such an amazing day for you and Ralph and I'm so honored to have been a part of it. Here's to many happy years!

Sara · Married on 08/16/2015

ROB SPRING PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE BEST!! Once you meet with Rob, all yours worries and anxieties about the big day seem far less scary! After I got his first e-mail, I knew we would be in good hands! He was always prompt when responding to my many inquiries, extremely pleasant and flexible, ready to answer all my questions, patient and professional in handling all my eccentricities, and worked with us on setting up a payment plan that really helped us out! Our day seemed just as important to him as it did to us! Our engagement photo shoot was so much fun, and he was able to do what few are able to - make my then-fiance, laugh and feel relaxed while having his picture taken! It felt like we had known Rob for years when we had our engagement photos taken - and, may favorite part, was that he was able to help us organize the day of the wedding (becoming our wedding planner in a sense). With all the craziness that goes into planning a wedding, it was such a relief to have someone who knew what to expect lay it all out for us!

The day of the wedding went off flawlessly, and, once again, Rob and Stephen had everyone in stitches while taking photos! I was also VERY grateful that he was able to rein in the whole bridal party and our family for all the photos that were taken before the ceremony - he took charge of the whole situation without breaking a sweat! Everything turned out beautifully, and Rob and Stephen managed to capture all the photos we requested on our very lengthy list while still staying on schedule! We couldn't be more pleased with the results and ABSOLUTELY recommend him and his staff for any event that's being planned! You'll feel like Rob is your best friend the first time you meet him - guaranteed!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Immediately after meeting Rob, I knew he was the only photographer I could use for my wedding. He is incredibly professional but at the same time keeps the mood loose when you may be nervous or tense. I would recommend this company to anyone. My engagement photos came out amazing and my wedding photos are even better (if that's possible). Not only did the photos come out amazing but Rob and staff were an intricate part of making my ceremony happening outside. He went above an beyond for me, my husband, my mother, and even my sister. He is the best investment that I made and I am so grateful that I used him for my wedding. I would recommend Rob Spring Photography to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/17/2015

Caitlin · Married on 08/08/2015

We could not have been happier with our choice in photographer! Rob Spring Photography drew us in with their ability to capture beautiful photos to remember a very special day. From booking to designing our wedding album, the staff at Rob Spring Photography have been extremely helpful, flexible, and knowledgeable.

We were fortunate enough to work with Stephen Whiting, who not only took gorgeous photos, he made us feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. As soon as we met him, my husband I knew he would take great care of us. At our engagement shoot, Stephen took time to get to know us, help us to relax, and coach us through posing when we felt awkward in front of a camera. None of our pictures looked forced or posed. Stephen helped us to bring out our inner-wedding models!

On the actual wedding day, we had nothing to worry about with Stephen, his associate Kayla, and their assistant. Their team captured every single moment of the day. They were never intrusive or made guests feel as if they were in the way; they worked quickly and discretely. Stephen and Kayla were able to capture incredible moments that we even missed-- from silliness at the cocktail hour to our ring bearer photobombing our vows-- they got it all! We were completely confident in Stephen and his skills. He did not disappoint at all. Each day that we look at our photos, it is almost as if we get to relive our spectacular day!

Not only are the photographers at Rob Spring Photography completely gifted and talented, their office manager, Emily, is amazing. Emails are responded to quickly and efficiently. Questions were always answered with exact details. Meetings were set up in a timely manner. We have nothing but positives to say about our experience.

For flawless photos of your beautiful day-- book Rob Spring Photography!

Sent on 03/04/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for the awesome review Caitlin - as you already know, your wedding was amazing - and we are so glad we could be part of it!!

Ali · Married on 08/08/2015

From the very first moment I met Rob, I immediately knew he was 'The One'. He was extremely friendly, went out of his way to make sure we felt comfortable in front of the camera, and was SO much fun to be around. By the way, the first time I met him, my husband and I weren't even engaged yet. Rob was shooting family photos for my parents!

Fast forward a year to our engagement, and I'm almost positive that the first thing I told my husband, was "Rob Spring NEEDS to be our photographer". Needless to say, we met with Rob, and without hesitation my husband and I booked him for our wedding on that very first meeting- my husband and Rob had an immediate connection, acting as if they had known each other for years! Rob was very open and honest, and we felt confident in knowing he was our photographer.

Right before we started shooting for our engagement photos, it started to pour! But, Rob was there with a smile, ready to worrrrrk. We had such a great time shooting with him that day - laughing the entire time, even in the pouring rain!!!! The photos? Ummm, AMAZING

On our wedding day, right away made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. After the ceremony, on our way to our first location, the Limo broke down on the side of the road. Rob immediately was there, pulling us off and getting ready to shoot. He wasn't going to waste any time, or let me get stressed (and it worked!). You could just tell his mind was going with creativity. On the side of that road- he managed to shoot some of the most beautiful photos of us. Just looking at the pictures, you would never be able to tell where we were.

All of the photos of our wedding day are absolutely stunning! We cant express how much we love them and Rob. Rob is professional, outgoing, energetic,and just overall a great photographer. He knows how to captures the greatest moments so perfectly, and make his clients extremely happy. we are so thankful we chose him for our perfect day!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness Ali! I ALWAYS think about that limo breaking down and shooting on the side of the street! What a wild day - but made so perfect by you, Joe, and your amazing families. I'm so happy I was there to witness it all, from Dad's first look, to the limo break down, to Joe's home run during the impromptu groomsmen baseball game, to your sick dance moves. Thanks for the awesome review!!

Sascia · Married on 08/01/2015

We booked Rob for both our engagement photos as well as the wedding. First, he is amazingly talented. Rob has strong classic training in photography and a great eye for composition, light, and all the little details that make a perfect picture. The quality of the photos we received are just incredible. He is also very professional. He would always scope out the photo shoot sites ahead of time to get ideas (and not waste the client's time during the session), and he gives great instructions on posture, how to stand & hold each other, how to avoid flabby arms, etc. which I really really appreciated. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Rob and his team, and would highly recommend him to anyone! We also plan to continue to book Rob for many couple/family shoots in future years!

Sent on 03/13/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review Sascia!! I had so much fun shooting with you and Kevin in the city and on the wedding day - but I am particularly thankful for the restaurant you brought me to in the Bowery - who wouldn't love a place that just serves a dozen different kinds of gourmet sausage for dinner?! Seriously - such an honor to have been there on your special day and capture it for you. Be well and hope to see you both again soon!

Caroline · Married on 07/25/2015

Rob was very flexible with us since we were planning our wedding from out of state, and made the planning process easy even from afar. Rob and his team were great on our wedding day, making sure everything ran smoothly while still having a lot of fun with everyone. We were really happy with not only the quality of pictures but variety of pictures. He made sure he captured all the moments we wanted along with a lot of fun candid pictures.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Caroline! Any wedding that involves a stop for soft-serve ice cream after the ceremony is okay by me!! ;)

Heather · Married on 07/18/2015

Rob Spring and his team are so professional and know their craft extremely well! He captured moments so perfectly for our wedding. Rob kept the day fun and stress free! He is AWESOME!

Sent on 03/04/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Heather!! I'm so happy to have been there for the wedding and capture the day for you. Hope you are well!

Joley · Married on 07/12/2015

Rob was wonderful to work with. He had a sincere way of making our day incredibly special.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thank you Joley - it seemed sincere because it was! What a special day for you and Don, and I'm honored to have been there to capture it for you. Best wishes!

Scott · Married on 06/14/2015

We chose a package that included a second photographer and engagement photos. Rob came out to Rhode Island for our engagement shots. It was a venue Rob never worked at before and he even showed up early to familiarize himself with the place before we arrived. He was a blast to shoot with and we got truly amazing pictures that were unique. On our wedding day we were fortunate enough to have Steven as our second photographer. Both of the men are wonderful at their job and make everyone feel at ease. Our guests commented afterwards that they never noticed the photographers yet we have stunning pictures! Choosing Rob Spring as our photographer as well as having a second photographer was one of my best choices for my wedding. The second photographer allows your to get unique angles while taking pictures with the main photographer. The packages may seem pricey however the pictures you are left with and the fun and comfort level they provide are absolutely worth it. I hope in the future to use them again for other life events!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Amy · Married on 05/29/2015

Rob Spring is the best! He is everything you want in a photographer and more – he is reliable, professional, easy-going, fun, and he creates absolutely beautiful photographs. He went above and beyond to advise us on the planning of our wedding day and to answer all of our many questions swiftly. We were so lucky to have him be such an important part of our wedding day! Rob’s assistant Lucy was also wonderful. Lucy was extremely dedicated to keeping us and the ring bearers laughing. :) Thank you both so much for making our day even more special!

Sent on 07/07/2015

I really did love working with Rob Spring photography. I was dreading finding a photographer and really dreading having to go through so much of the wedding process, but both Rob and Stephen made the entire process fun and exciting. Not only did they provide a good price point, they were both willing to listen to our concerns, our wants and needs. Stephen talked us into doing an engagement session with him which was something that I wasn't 100% sold on, but I was so grateful to have done that session because not only did we come away with beautiful photos, I felt so comfortable with Stephen on the day of the wedding. I was excited to see him in the midst of the craziness of the wedding. Rob and Stephen were willing to listen to concerns and we felt comfortable reaching out to them to get other vendor recommendations / thoughts on various issues that arose throughout the process. I would STRONGLY recommend Rob Spring to anyone who needs photos. Also, if I could provide a sixth star for responsiveness and flexibility, I would give it - within minutes of sending an email to Rob / Stephen, I had a response.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Rob Spring Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the rave review!!

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2015

There is literally NOT ENOUGH great things I could say about Rob and his team. His work is absolutely breathtaking, which is the reason we went with him. However, the bonus was how much fun he was to work with and how at ease he made us all feel. Working with Rob was more like hanging out with a buddy who made you feel good about yourself and at the end of the day, you had amazing photos of yourself that you never thought could look so good! We did several photo shoots throughout our year and a half engagement with Rob and each time, his professionalism and quality of work far surpassed our expectations. There are not enough kind words I could write here. If you are looking for the most amazing photographer EVER and want to have a blast working with him, then Rob (and his team) are your photographer!!!! DO IT! You will NOT be sorry!

Sent on 05/25/2015