Rob Jinks Photography Reviews

87 | Dumfries, VA

87 Reviews for Rob Jinks Photography

• Laura

Laura Ruth Edgar · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Professional, kind, great quality product!

Rob was great to work with! He was professional, careful, and unobtrusive. He prioritizes listening to clients and matching their preferences. We loved our experience and are incredibly happy with the product. :)

Sent on 05/01/2020

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Laura and Dan! So glad I could celebrate with you all! Thank you for trusting me with your memories.
  • Caroline

Caroline Neyland · Married on 07/10/2020

Amazing Photographer!

Rob is an amazing photographer and I cannot recommend him enough! Rob is a very kind person and is super easy to interact and work with. He likes to get to know his clients and captures their stories and interests through his work. Rob is the opposite of pretentious, is super knowledgeable about photography and always finds ways to take artistic shots. He also does a great job of incorporating technology into his clients’ user experience – his website is easy to navigate, and he likes to use video call check-ins which are easy to schedule. Rob had photographed my friends’ wedding, so I knew he was going to be great, but I was still blown away when I saw our photos. They are absolutely beautiful and captured very artistically. Rob paid attention to what we wanted and surprised us with his own ideas. If you’re deciding between photographers, book Rob! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you Caroline! I appreciate that so much, thank you for having me capture your memories, it was a blessing to be a part of it all!
  • Yessica

Yessica Abarca · Married on 02/20/2020

We had an amazing time

We contacted Rob for our engagement photo shoot at the National Harbor. From the beginning Rob was very responsive and answered all our questions. He is extremely professional, talented and creative. The day of the photo shoot he made us feel at ease and made the whole experience stress free. Rob went above and beyond to capture our personalities and amazing backgrounds on every photo. We are very pleased of how quickly we received our photos. Our photos are beautiful and unique. We highly recommend Rob.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you very much Yessica! So good to be able to capture such great moments with you both! All the best to you!

Shannon Wang · Married on 01/03/2020

Amazing Experience!

Rob Jinks was an amazing photographer! From the beginning of the process, he made sure to get to know us and make us feel comfortable. From the engagement session to wedding day, it has been easy going throughout the whole process. We loved all the amazing images he captured of our special day from the emotions, small moments and friends just having a great time! We highly would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 02/15/2020

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Shannon, I'm so glad we could make it a smooth and enjoyable journey! Thanks for trusting us with your most precious moments :)
  • Rachel

Rachel Hoyle · Married on 12/14/2019

The best investment!

Rob Jinks Photography blows all other competition out of the water and is SO worth the investment. Not only because of the quality of his work, but also the quality of his character and high level of professionalism.

When I first reached out to Rob about shooting our wedding day he was unfortunately already booked. However, he recommended a friend and associate of his, Miles, who has a very similar style and approach. In the months and weeks leading up to the wedding, we had video calls with both Rob & Miles in order to get an idea of our expectations for the day, as well as get some suggestions from them. They also texted me the week of the wedding to offer their support and get me pumped up for the big day!

All of the communication prior to wedding day helped to make us feel 100% comfortable with Miles when we finally met him in person. He was so fun to have around that it felt like a friend we had known for years was shooting our wedding. And he has such a great eye for detail, there were so many moments throughout the day that he would have a spark of inspiration, which made it all the more fun & exciting for us.

Rob did all of our photo edits, which have so far turned out beautifully. We loved getting to see a first look at some of our photos on his blog, and are excited to see the rest soon & re-live the memories of the day!

There is just such a stark difference between Rob Jinks Photography's work and that of others' in the industry. While the the photography speaks for itself, the overall experience you have working with him and his team makes it even more worth it!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! Miles loved being able to capture your day and I'm so glad you're experience with him was excellent! We're glad to have him on our team and we're thankful to you for trusting us with your wedding day! Thanks!!

Charlie Coffman · Married on 12/14/2019

MD Wedding

Rob is great. He is very professional and communicates well. He will help you plan out your shots to help capture what matters most to you. He was very proactive in reaching out to us to keep us on track. All our guests loved the pictures they saw (Rob was able to show some off at the wedding), and the complete package was perfect.

Sent on 02/02/2020

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

I appreciate that Charlie! Thanks to you and Holly for having me capture such a meaningful day in your lives!

Robert · Married on 10/26/2019

Our Best Vendor - Stunning Photos!!!

Rob was easily our favorite vendor to work with. My wife did some extensive searching before she stumbled upon Rob’s Instagram. She was instantly taken back by both the style of his photos and his ability to capture the best moments of the night in such a natural way. Rob did not disappoint!

He was so much fun to work with. He’s got such a cheerful personality, that helped make the whole experience so wonderful. My wife and I are avid hikers, and we wanted our engagement shoot to feature as much nature as possible. Rob helped us find the perfect location, and was willing to take us through some off the trail paths to capture some of our favorite photos from the shoot. He even recommended our wedding band, who kept all the guests dancing till the very end.

The wedding photos are stunning. I’ve never had so many people compliment a choice of photographer as I did for our wedding. Rob was able to surprise us and the guests with a slide show of some early access photos from the day. It was such a unique experience, that everyone enjoyed. My uncle was even joking that people were so captivated looking at the photos they didn’t even need to talk to us.

Rob, thank you so much for all the hard work and fun we had along the way. Sad that it’s over, but I look forward to reliving the day for years to come with the incredible pictures you captured for us.

Sent on 11/30/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you Rob! You and Liz are two wonderful people. Thank you for having me capture this special day in your lives! Thanks for being up for the adventure, it was great to share it with you!

Rebecca Aldenderfer · Married on 10/21/2019

Best there is

It is evident from Rob’s photos that he is - hands down - one of the best photographers in the DC metro area. What may not be so evident is the fact that he is also an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to work with. He cares about your vision and making sure you are 110% satisfied. He has an amazing ability to capture the essence of the event, the people, the love. And while there are a million wonderful things I could say about Rob‘s talent as a photographer, his genuine character and the care he puts into his work are equally important and rare. I couldn’t be more pleased.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca! You and your family were so wonderful to get to know. Thank you for having me capture such a wonderful time in your life!

Alex L · Married on 10/12/2019

Best of the best

I spent weeks researching wedding photographers--reading countless reviews and contacting a few dozen. I ultimately went with Rob, and I'm glad I did. Rob is a true artist, storyteller, and professional. I had a very specific vision in mind for my wedding photos, and Rob embodied exactly what I was looking for. First, Rob absolutely excels at capturing the natural, raw emotions of the day--from the nervous energy leading up to the ceremony, to the upbeat, high energy on the reception dance floor. Going through our wedding gallery is like re-living all the feelings and moments of the day, big and small. I also wanted a photographer who could capture candid photos with some artistic perspective--utilizing light, architecture, and other surrounding elements to create beautiful shots. Rob is also a pro at this, and I'm incredibly impressed with the interesting range of shots and creativity in our photos. Lastly, Rob hits the sweet spot in terms of editing the photos to look vibrant but natural...his use of light and color is absolute perfection. Our families and friends continue to rave about how beautifully the photos turned out, and claim that these are some of the best wedding photos they'd ever seen!

As for Rob himself--he was a true pleasure to work with and really went above and beyond our expectations from day 1. During planning, he sent me occasional texts and emails to make sure wedding planning was going smoothly. He also had me fill out a form with details about the wedding day and examples of shots I wanted. For a detail-oriented bride, this made me feel that I was in good hands and wouldn't have to worry about the details of the photography on the day-of. Additionally, a few days before the wedding, I was unsure of where to take wedding portraits, and he patiently talked with me for an hour to brainstorm our options and transportation logistics.

On the day of the wedding, he was an extremely calming and helpful presence, working seamlessly with our bus driver, wedding day coordinators, and other vendors. He interacted very well with our 265+ wedding guests, and handled our giant, crazy family portraits with light-hearted ease. Family members and friends commented at how wonderful he was--friendly and fun without being intrusive. At our wedding reception, Rob even gave my bridesmaids and me printed photos and set up a tv display with photos he took that day...such awesome, thoughtful gestures that were unexpected but very appreciated!

I could go on and on with everything that Rob did to impress my husband and me. He's the best of the best. You can't go wrong with him!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alex! I appreciate this so much, thank you for everything you said. I wish you both the best in life, thanks for having me there for the beginning :)
  • Justin

Justin Nguyen · Married on 10/08/2019

Would recommend to a friend!

The work Rob did for was was truly amazing! He was very accommodating and communicative through the entire process, which unloaded a lot of stress from my wife and I. He and his team took some truly stunning photos and we feel very blessed that he was able to help us document our memories. We'd definitely recommend Rob to a friend!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you Justin and Mindy! I loved being able to share the day with you and I'm so glad we were able to take some stress away. I truly appreciate you having me, thanks!

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2019

If you want beautiful photos you will cherish forever, HIRE ROB!

Wow. Rob did an AMAZING job with my wedding this past September, and the engagement photos we took earlier in the year. I knew photography was going to be a priority for me, so Rob was one of the first vendors we booked. I looked at dozens of photographers, and Rob really stood out. I chose Rob as our photographer based off of the emotion / vibe he was able to capture in photos, and you did an absolutely amazing job at doing exactly that. When looking through our photos, it takes me right back to the moment. There is nothing more you can ask for! Rob was also very easy to work with, organized, and flexible. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! You all were wonderful, thank you for being yourselves and allow us to capture these intimate moments! All the best to you :)

Ruby · Married on 09/19/2019

Catch Them Feels!

For my now Hubby and I, one of the biggest things is creating memories that we can look back on and still feel those feels! When we read that someone could do that, we were intrigued! We loved that he was not just saying that but actually meant it! Rob made us both feel so comfortable in our engagement photo shoot that the day flew by! We were having so much fun that we didn't even realize that it was over. When we received our photos, it literally brought us back to that very day. We were beyond obsessed with all of our photos! At that moment, we could not wait to have him photograph our wedding! Needless to say, that was unreal! They were even better than our engagement photos (if that was even possible)! So thank you Rob, for taking such wonderful photos of us that we are so proud to display in our homes and will forever treasure these amazing memories!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Ruby! I love that you're connecting with your images and seeing your story through them. Thank you for having me capture it all!
  • Zachary

Zachary Mcdonald · Married on 07/20/2019

Phenomenal

Rob is a personable professional who outdid our expectations.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you for having me capture your family Zach! You have wonderful kids. Can't wait to see your little ones grow :)
  • Dhania

Dhania Molina · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing photos, super professional wedding photographer

Rob is absolutely amazing!! He made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day, you couldn't even tell he was there. He captured all the precious moments of the day without intruding on them. He was so easy to work with and was flexible on payment options. Our friends and family are going crazy over the photos. Wedding photos are forever, we are SO glad we picked Rob! We loved taking our couples photos, it gave us a few moments alone to relax together while Rob took awesome shots. We are so excited to see how our Wedding Album will turn out!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Dhania and Tommy, you all were wonderful to work with! I was honored to be able to capture such a big day in your lives! Can't wait to see where life takes you :)
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 05/18/2019

Superb in every way

Rob is awesome!! We worked with him for our engagement and wedding photos, including our two young (step)kids. He was fabulous with the kiddos--very patient and coached them into adorable smiles without any cheese :).

We loved working with him too. He has an easy, friendly outgoing manner and is super flexible without being shy about offering his professional opinion to get the best shot. We asked to add a second photographer for our wedding about a month out...Rob found Miles, who was just as helpful and easy to work with!

Looking at the content of the photos, Rob also has a quick intuitive understanding of who to focus on and who was important to capture among our guests. He relishes finding all the beautiful little details too.

Of course, the images themselves are fantastic. A couple of his photos are marquee images for Skyland Lodge and Shenandoah National Park. Rob's portfolio I think speaks for itself even better than I can. You know what they say about pictures and words... Check it out for sure! You'll want to hire Rob right away!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thanks very much Clare, it was an honor to be a part of your wedding day! Thanks for having us capture it all!

Maureen Sullivan · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Photographer Around!

Rob was able to capture the exact story we wanted in our engagement pictures! He was able to make two locations happen and still capture sunset pictures! He was quick to communicate in all of his responses and got our pictures to us in like a two weeks even with it being in the middle of wedding season! He puts his heart and soul into taking your pictures. You will not find a better photographer out there!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you Maureen! I appreciate you and Aaron reaching out and having me capture your engagement photos, you all were so fun to get to know!

Madelaine Bushey · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing!

Rob was absolutely amazing! He was the best vendor that we had for our wedding. From the first day we met until after the wedding, he was great at always communicating with us and ensuring that we had everything that we needed and more. I would recommend him 200%. He was my right hand on the day of the wedding, kept me calm, on time and took unbelievable photos without making you feel like he was there. He captured the true essence of the day and his pictures are a true art work. My guest were so blown away and we are still receiving complements on our pictures. AND let's not forge the album - it's perfect! You can't go wrong with Rob!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Madelaine! You are the best and I loved getting to know you and Scott! I can't wait to see where life takes the two of you!

Alejandra · Married on 11/03/2018

Professional & super talented storyteller

Rob was not only a responsive and professional photographer, but he did an incredible job of capturing our day. We love our photos and looking through them makes us feel like we are re-living our day! The emotion and stories are so present in the shots. It is evident how much heart Rob puts into his work, and working with him is a breeze. We're lucky to have found him, and if you have too, don't hesitate to book him!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you Ale and Sam! I loved getting to know you both and an so excited to see you grow together in your marriage!

Andrew Detwiler · Married on 11/02/2018

The most competent, professional, and caring photography experience you can have.

Evident immediately upon his arrival were two things: the passion he has for photography and the compassion he has for those he photographs. I've historically never enjoyed having my picture taken, but I felt at ease as he captured the interactions with my family in a very natural manner rather than forced and posed shots. It wouldn't be overstatement to say that the pictures Rob took of my family are the best photos we have of the three of us, and the way he captured the happiness and energy of my son and the loveliness of my wife was peerless. I greatly appreciate his work and his incredible competence and recommend him highly for any photography needs you might have.

Sent on 12/14/2018
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 10/27/2018

Extremely Talented - Would Highly Recommend!

From the first time we made contact with Rob, I was sold by his responsiveness and friendliness. His portfolio caught my attention because I could tell he had an amazing eye for each place he photographed. For our engagement session, he was supposed to give us an hour and I am pretty sure it took 3+ hours - which he did not complain about at all and even offered an additional location! He is so passionate about what he does and is willing to wait for the perfect lighting to take the best photo. He was great at keeping in touch leading up to our wedding day and was so wonderful the day of. Rob did a great job of making sure all of our photos happened in the best lighting/scenery and most importantly in a timely fashion. He got such amazing pictures of my husband and I, the family, the wedding party, and everyone who attended the wedding. There were 2 photographers present, but it felt like there were 10 - not because of their huge presence (actually they did a great job of blending in), but because of how much they accomplished in such a short time frame. They not only took pictures of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, but they printed out individual pictures of me and each of my bridesmaids and gave it to them as gifts, printed out some favorite photos and made a small photo book for me, AND he got a slideshow up of pictures that was running by the bar area at the reception. I honestly don't know how he and his assistant got it all done, but it was unbelievable. I had so many comments about how wonderful the photographers were and now that the pictures are out the compliments keep pouring in. I would recommend Rob to anyone who wants someone who is not only incredibly talented with a great eye, but a wonderful person who truly cares about your day.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Claire and Steven! You were so wonderful to get to know, thank you for your kindness and awesomeness!
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible Photographer

Rob Jinks is phenomenal! My husband and I were looking for someone who could photograph our wedding in an artistic way. We wanted more than your standard wedding photos and searched for weeks in hopes of finding a photographer that understood our vision. When we came across Rob's website, we felt the energy in his photos and saw that he captures the most incredible moments with his lens. You can also tell how much he loves his job the moment you speak with him. His upbeat personality, attention to detail and thoughtful questions immediately put us at ease. Our guests loved Rob! A few friends and family members commented on how engaged he was and that he gave clear instructions when trying to capture specific photos. Weddings go by quickly so you need a photographer who can direct large groups all while making them laugh. It's a talent and Rob is a pro! We loved having him there for our day and know that anyone who chooses Rob will have the most amazing wedding photos that truly tell their wedding story

Sent on 11/06/2018

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Eric and Janelle, you all were incredible people to get to know. I'm blessed to have been there to capture your wedding day!

Romin Zandi · Married on 09/16/2018

Our engagement photos are EPIC!!!

Rob is seriously one of the coolest and down to earth photographers, we have ever met! My wife and I had the opportunity to work with Rob back in September for our engagement photos. Before our shoot, Rob took the time to learn more about us as a couple and the vision we had for our engagement shoot. He takes the time to ask the right questions and really understand what your specific vision is for your shoot even when you don't have a clear idea of how you would like it to go. We wanted to do an outdoor shoot in Shenandoah and with Rob's experience shooting they're he was able to provide us with a few different places we could shoot! I'm so glad we took his advice because it was spot on! We did a 20-minute hike up Little Stony Man and arrived at a backdrop from heaven! The timing and weather were perfect because Rob knew the right tools to pull this off. Our vision was to have epic photos with a scenic backdrop and let me tell you... the photos were EPIC! During the shoot, Rob was so flexible and creative in his shots. We even did a small nighttime sesh after the sun was set and somehow he caught a shooting star in our nighttime photo! If you don't believe me, look below. I could write a whole page and more of why Rob is amazing, but I think this will give you enough information to make the right choice. He is genuine, authentic, adaptive, creativity and ACTUALLY CARES! We highly recommend him! Romin & Johanna

Sent on 12/05/2018

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you Romin and Johanna! You are so kind, and you were incredible at your session! I can't wait to get to know you all better and see your marriage grow!
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/15/2018

Rob Jinks was by far our favorite vendor. We reached out to him fairly early in our planning process and booked him a little less than 2 years prior to our wedding. This gave us a lot of time before we needed to utilize his services but he kept in touch with us via phone and text along the way. He checked in with us to see if we needed any other vendors that he could put us in contact with and he also connected with our vendors to ensure our day went by without issues.
    He consulted with us before we booked him and he took his time going over all of our options and worked with us to determine what would work best for our needs. Once we booked him, we did our engagement shoot months later, we were both a little nervous not having been professionally photographed before but he put us at ease and it was really a moment for us to get to know him and for him to understand our relationship. He took the time to understand what was important to us so he could tell our story the best he could. All of that preparation resulted in a beautiful wedding day shoot and beautiful photos. The quality of his pictures are like i've never seen. He also throws in gifts along the way. For Christmas he gifted us a print from our engagement shoot and after the wedding he sent magnet of one of our portraits.
    Feedback that I also got from my guest was that he captured moments without being intrusive. This to me meant everything because I've been to weddings where you can not enjoy the ceremony because the photographers are everywhere.
    Rob is also very creative and if you are open to trying different things you will love the results. For instance I had these little light up rings at our wedding that he and his assistant played around with and it resulted in beautiful pictures during the reception and very cool photos of our wedding rings. He is also writes a blog about each couple further showing that he develops lasting relationships.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thank you VERY much, Angela and Rob! You all have been incredible to work with over these last two years. Thank you for trusting me with these precious moments in your lives! I hope to continue the friendship for years to come!

Mike · Married on 08/24/2018

Rob came recommended to us by close friends. He did not disappoint. He was able to accommodate us last minute. The idea behind our shoot was unique and he did not hesitate to jump on board with little notice. This being our first time doing something like this we were quite nervous. Rob quickly dispelled those feelings. Shortly after meeting him we felt comfortable in the moment. He provided excellent guidance throughout the experience. We really enjoyed the creativity of his photos, and he welcomed our suggestions for certain shots. Afterwards Rob did a fantastic job of setting expectations on timelines. He was able to get us our photos much sooner than expected. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Rob and would gladly work with him again in the future.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Tierney · Married on 06/23/2018

Professional service, amazing photos

Hiring Rob as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding! The photos we received from both our engagement shoot and wedding day are absolutely beautiful and vibrant. He took his time to naturally capture the moments that were most important to us and our personalities. Beyond the amazing pictures, Rob was professional and organized in the planning process and very comfortable to work with. After the wedding, my mom commented that it was like having a cousin taking photos- he blended in seamlessly with the group and made everyone feel at ease. Rob took all of the stress of coordinating this part of our day off of our shoulders- he was always a step ahead in working with any obstacles (like a thunderstorm and tornado warning!). We cannot recommend Rob highly enough!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Rob Jinks Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Tierney! It was so good to meet you all and capture your day! Thanks so much for trusting me with your memories!