Rob Hickey Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Liz
    Liz Married on 05/21/2022

Highly recommend

We cannot say enough great things about working with Rob for our wedding day! From day one, Rob was very quick to respond to email/phone calls. Being an out of town couple, he was able to work with us over the phone for all of our needs. Leading up to the day, we filled out a detailed questionnaire that covered things one could easily forget. The day of our wedding, Rob walked in, knew everyones name and knew exactly how to get us started with getting ready photos. His calm demeanor really gave me confidence that he was going to get all the shots we needed without missing any. The weather didn't cooperate on our wedding day, but Rob had some ideas using the decor of our venue to help get some great group shots. After receiving our photos online, my husband and I could not be more impressed with his style and eye for detail. Again, highly recommend!
    Molly B. Married on 01/15/2022

Incredible posed and candid photographs!

We absolutely loved working with Rob! During our consultation, he listened closely to what we wanted our wedding photos to look like and was willing to do anything necessary to deliver that to us. During our wedding day, he was always there to capture those memorable moments (both planned and spontaneous). Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning and we could not be happier with our decision to hire Rob.
  • Lisa
    Lisa J. Married on 12/18/2021

Amazing Photographer!

Hiring Rob was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! The pictures we got are absolutely stunning and we will treasure them forever. From the outset Rob was a joy to work with. He was very professional and had a lot of great ideas. He also really listened to us and took everything we wanted into account. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer, you will not be disappointed!
  • Brittany
    Brittany B. Married on 10/01/2021

10 out of 10

Rob is absolutely amazing!! Rob is very personable and very attentive to detail! My husband and I both could not be happier with the outcome! We couldn't have picked a better photographer!
  • Arielle
    Arielle Married on 09/02/2021

Great Photographer

Having Rob as our Photographer was really a great experience! He was laid back and was helpful coordinating everything for our day. We love our photos and they came back quick! He was flexible when we had to move our wedding and was willing to work with anything we threw at him.
    Alexandra K. Married on 08/15/2021

Above and Beyond Photographer!

There isn't enough time or space to give Rob all the praise he deserves! He is incredibly professional yet easy and fun to work with but more importantly, he is organized, very detail oriented, and knows exactly what to do to ensure that everything goes smoothly on your wedding day from a photography standpoint! The quality of the experience of working with Rob in addition to the quality of the work he delivers are the reasons why I would highly recommend him to everyone! From our engagement session to our wedding day, it was always abundantly clear that his #1 priority was to genuinely invest in providing us with the highest quality of service and photography which is exactly what he delivered! What truly impressed me is that he seemed to consistently go above and beyond and out of his way to make sure he was prepared and able to deliver 110%. Bottom line advice - never pass up the opportunity to work with Rob if you get the chance!
  • Mary
    Mary R. Married on 07/23/2021

Outstanding Wedding Photography

Having Rob as the photographer was probably the best decision we made for our wedding. He was so easy to work with and captured every part of the day beautifully. We had so many guests comment on how great he was throughout the day and night. The formal photos were just stunning and for people like us who feel a little awkward in front of a camera, he was really helpful with making everything feel relaxed while still guiding us to the right angles and positions. All of the photos look so bright and natural and we could not be happier with how they turned out. I especially love that we have so many candids of moments we didn’t even get to see throughout the evening. I HIGHLY recommend Rob Hickey for your wedding!!
  • Renee
    Renee K. Married on 06/08/2021

Magical memories captured

If you want the true magic of your day captured, then you should hire Rob Hickey to be your wedding photographer. Not only is Rob exceptionally easygoing, he's also incredibly professional. He has a quick, artistic eye and knows how to get an incredible shot at every turn. Photography was a top priority for us, and Rob exceeded our expectations. His photojournalistic approach allows for many candid moments and had everyone at the wedding very relaxed in front of the camera. Our photos look timeless and sophisticated. We would also recommend booking Rob for an engagement shoot because not only do the photos look great, but you have the opportunity to work with him prior to the big day and get familiar with his style. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

-Renee & Patrick Kelly
    Kevin F. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing! Captured all the emotions you want to see at a wedding and more!

First thing we did after our engagement was search for a venue and photographer. Rob was our first pick and we are so happy he was available. From the start Rob was very responsive especially during the pandemic. We lived in VA so trying to find a weekend where we could meet and do our engagement photos was tough. He gave us a few spots for us to pick from and as soon as we were ready he planned out everything, from where we were going to start, poses, and we even started to improvise. His pictures were amazing, he really kept us engaged, knew when to get our attention and when to let us be natural with each other. He captured all the right moments, the laughter, the love and the candid. He sent us all the photos leaving us to decide which ones we wanted which is more than we could have asked for.

Wedding day, Rob and his second were amazing. The pictures from the bridal suite with the girls getting ready were so much fun, and he caught all the fun pictures. During the ceremony, and the reception, Rob captured all aspects that made the venue and party so spectacular. It was a blast for us to relive moments, and experience moments for the first time through his pictures. Besides being a great photographer, he was such an amazing person to have on our special day. He kept the energy light and positive even in stressful moments. We were truly honored and grateful to get to know him and have him photograph our day!
  • Maggie
    Maggie W. Married on 10/31/2020

Rob helped make our day perfect!

Rob was amazing. My husband and I couldn’t have picked a better photographer to so perfectly capture our very non-traditional wedding day! We had a spot picked out for our outdoor ceremony and some other loose ideas in mind, but Rob helped with more research and planning out our day. He was very accessible and made the whole process SO easy. My husband and I aren’t much for taking pictures—didn’t have any engagement photos or anything done, so Rob tailored to our personalities more and did mostly candid photos, but the posed photos didn’t feel awkward, weren’t excessive, and came out so beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend Rob for anyone needing anything from a laid back family portrait session to a full day of wedding photos.
  • Stacey
    Stacey H. Married on 10/10/2020

Outstanding Photographer!

After our initial photographer very unprofessionally backed out, we found ourselves in a desperate search for a new one with about a month left. We were looking for someone who would work with us and for us, as our wedding was unusually small due to COVID (5 people plus us), we were only looking for a few hours of someone's time. I had a lot of responses in my initial frantic search. Sometimes, you just trust your gut and run with it! We could not have been more pleased. Rob was so responsive from the very first contact. He answered so many questions and never seemed put off by any of them. He continued to respond to questions after our digital files arrived and always did so in a timely manner. The day of our ceremony, he was personable, hard-working, patient and most of all FUN! We had some issues with the sun on the water and he waited patiently, never holding us hostage to his watch or the exact amount of time we had agreed to. Once our pictures arrived, my husband and I were literally brought to tears going through them and re-living our special day. He captured some amazing moments and even some of the "posed" pictures were playful without us having a clue that day. His talent is amazing, it speaks for itself. Talent is important. Talent isn't / shouldn't be all that matters in my opinion. Having someone who genuinely cares about you on your special day, spends time with you, asks repeatedly if there is any other pose you would like or anything 'he may have missed, that is all such a huge part of choosing a photographer. In normal times, this person may be with you all day long. You will not regret having Rob around or the pictures he takes. I cannot thank Rob enough for capturing our special day through the photos he took.
  • Melania
    Melania V. Married on 08/29/2020

Rob was wonderful to work with

Rob was so great to work with. He was easy to communicate with, he was attentive and so flexible with us.
    Artistically speaking, he was able to make our downtown photos amazing. He brings out the beauty of the surroundings. We absolutely loved our photos. We will cherish them forever. Thank you, Rob.
  • Sarah
    Sarah R. Married on 08/22/2020

Best photographer ever!

Rob is everything my husband and I could have hoped for. After we hired Rob, our original wedding was delayed due to COVID and we decided to have an intimate ceremony instead. Rob worked with us every step of the way. He is communicative, friendly, his prices are reasonable and his photography is outstanding. We wanted a mix of candid and posed photos and he gave us a great mix of both. Every photo he gave us was fantastic, from the first look to the ceremony and the photos of our loved ones. I am so glad that we hired Rob over everyone else. He went above and beyond in every way and I cannot even believe the value we got when we hired him. He gave us formal photos that look classic, candid shots with my friends looking overjoyed, cool modern photos with smoke and moody lighting, and photos of our band jamming out! He even photoshopped my in laws next to us because they wanted to maintain social distancing. We could not stop talking about how great he was after our wedding. After the wedding, he set up a great online gallery that myself, my husband and my mother-in-law could access. He even gave us a custom engraved USB. I will cherish these photos forever.
    Beth Married on 06/27/2020

Captures the moments

Rob has been such a pleasure to work with! He takes the time to listen to your style and vision and adapts to the personalities of everyone around you during your event. Rob creates natural poses by using his surrounding environment and resources. He guides and provides as much or as little support necessary in order to capture those intimate moments during your event.
    Rob has been very accommodating, especially during the pandemic, where venues and guidelines were constantly being altered. He is willing to travel to multiple locations in order to capture those special moments. I would highly recommend Rob for any event!
  • Rebecca
    Sara Married on 04/25/2020

Rob Hickey Photography

In a year where our wedding plans were constantly in flux, working with Rob was an easy decision. Rob's portfolio online speaks for itself, and we quickly realized that Rob is a kind and flexible business owner. Rob stuck with us through changed plans, and gave us the reassurance that if we had to reschedule and he had a conflict, we would just pay for our engagement session. For our engagement photos, Rob followed us around the city in the cold to four locations, spending over three hours. At our wedding, Rob was calm, organized, and efficient. My sister in law texted me to say that if I didn't write a review for Rob, she would. She has an eye disorder, and Rob made sure she was on the "right side," throughout the entire night. If you're planning a pandemic wedding, you can rest assured Rob's got *anything* 2021 throws your way covered, and you'll have incredible photos of your celebration at the end of it all.
    No Name P. Married on 02/10/2020

Great experience

We loved working with Rob. He was able to accommodate all of our special requests and went above and beyond in asking the Eastman Museum (where we had our pictures) to let us use different rooms than we had originally anticipated using. He has a creative eye and the pictures came out amazing
  • Francoise
    Francoise L. Married on 02/10/2020

He is a passionate photographer who likes to show through his camera lens what our eyes cannot see.

When I started to shop around for a unique photographer with an eye for details, creativity and artistic pictures for my daughter’s wedding, I had in mind something very specific as I love to take professional pictures and my husband worked for Kodak.

After comparing prices, I selected Rob for the best quality and artistic picture at reasonable prices.
    Rob immediately understood what we were looking for, unique and stylish wedding picture coverage which also reflect our roots from France.

Just before the covid started, Rob came to my house and offered different package options for the wedding.
    During the covid pandemic we had a few meeting online to finalize arrangements for pictures taking at church as well as at the Georges Eastman House and during the venue at the Wilder room Rochester NY.

After seeing all pictures of Rob’s coverage of the wedding, he has been amazing.
    Always there ready to take the best shot, every second looking for the little detail which will make the picture unique and different of a traditional one.
    This is why Rob was selected the best photographer in 2018- 2019- 2020 in Rochester NY and he truly deserves this distinction.

His work is outstanding and very creative. Every time I view the wedding pictures, they bring me back of the day of the wedding and invoke an emotional response.
    An image that makes you feel something has succeeded.

Taking pictures during the covid pandemic with faces masks is not easy work for a photographer.

Yes, Rob is able to look at something ordinary, or even extraordinary, and find a million different ways to interpret what he’s seeing and convey those interpretations in beautiful and meaningful photos.
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic Experience

We used Rob & a second photographer, Morgan, for our wedding and we could not have been happier! He was incredibly responsive to our questions & very easy to work with. We also got both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures back in less than one month! He is very reasonably priced based on the market and his level professionalism & incredible work. We really cannot say enough great things about the photos that he takes- 10/10 recommend!
    Maxine B. Married on 10/19/2019

Best Wedding Photographer!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Rob and Morgan!! From beginning to end Rob was everything you look for in a wedding vendor! From a customer service standpoint Rob is the best of the best. He always answered me within an hour (maybe even less!), answered all of my questions, and did an AMAZING job at our wedding!! I HIGHLY recommend Rob and his team (Morgan is the best!!). You won't be disappointed!! The best! It's very clear that photography is his passion, and you will be SO happy with your photos!!!
    Sarah S. Married on 09/01/2019

100% would recommend

I would 100% recommend Rob! He was extremely easy to contact and communicate with! He was very respectful, professional and fun on the big day. Not to mention he took amazing and beautiful photos. He was very centered around our wants and needs, making sure to ask many questions and following up when we had any questions as well. Over all, Rob made our day more comfortable and enjoyable for us.
    Kaitlyn Married on 08/24/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

My husband and I were both very picky about what we wanted from our wedding photographer and we were very pleased with Rob and his work. I found his website from an online bridal site and immediately fell in love with the natural-looking style of his work. From day 1, Rob was professional and easy to work with. He had us fill out a questionnaire and spoke with us over the phone (as we live out of state) before the wedding to learn what our expectations were for the day. He listened to what we were looking for and made sure that was what he delivered. He captured so many big and small moments that beautifully show the joy felt by us and our guests during the whole day. His creativity also left us with many shots we love but never would have thought to get, including many beautiful candid shots. He was very relaxed and just captured the day as it unfolded. We are so impressed by how the photos make it seem like he managed to be everywhere to capture every detail of the ceremony and reception, but he was not the least bit intrusive. Overall, I am so happy that we made the choice to hire Rob for this important job and that we have so many beautiful photos to always remind us of our beautiful day!
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 08/23/2019

Rob Hickey Photography-Easy Going and Professional

Rob was easy going and great to work with from beginning to end. We have a young, infant daughter and large families and he adapted to all the varying needs that come with that! He captured the spirit of the day and night very well with a keen eye for capturing candid photos especially!

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Jamie, Thank you for the review! It was my pleasure to document yours and Jim's wedding day in photos. Such a fun and joy filled celebration!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 08/17/2019

Couldn't Be Happier!

We worked with Rob for our wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn. He was one of the first vendors we had decided on and he was always professional and responsive. He was helpful and insightful as we worked to pick photo locations around the city prior to our ceremony and provided great suggestions.

On the day off we needed to change some of our photo sites due to pouring rain. Rob didn’t miss a beat. He as able to come up beautiful and creative shots at the new location. His positive attitude and guidance during the shooting put us and the wedding party at ease. Throughout the day his passion for his work and commitment to us really showed through.

Rob was very quick to get us samples of the photos to post online and share with friends after the wedding! A short while later he had all the photos online for us to access; they were everything we hoped for and he was sure to hit all of the shots we really wanted. We could not be happier with our choice to use Rob as our photographer and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for gorgeous wedding photos!

Peter F. Married on 07/27/2019

Excellent photographer

From the time of our first communication to receiving the final product, Rob made our pictures an easy, enjoyable process. Aside from knowing how to take amazing pictures in any setting and atmosphere, he is very personable and easygoing, responsive to email and texts, and reasonable in pricing. We were very happy with our pictures and would highly recommend Rob to anyone looking for a photographer.