Rob Hickey Photography Reviews

Rob Hickey Photography 5
Rob Hickey Photography 6
Rob Hickey Photography 7

Margaret · Getting married on 06/08/2019

We had our engagement photos taken by Rob Hickey Photography. We cannot say enough great things about his work! Rob is professional,efficient, friendly, creative and,most importantly took the most fabulous photographs. We are extremely pleased with his work and our photos. Rob is truly talented and captured everything. I would strongly recommend Rob Hickey Photography! We can't say enough good things about him and his work!

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Margaret, I had a great time with you and Justin both on the shoot and socializing over a few beers after. Thank you!

Matthew Lehman · Married on 12/01/2018

Wedding Photographer

My husband and I had a fantastic time working with Rob! He was great about communicating all the necessary details leading up to the wedding, made sure to capture all the family and group pictures we wanted and made the whole process so easy! We had multiple guests make a point to tell us they thought he was fantastic to work with as well. We got our pictures back quickly and absolutely love them!

Katie Snow · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!!

My husband and I were extremely pleased with Rob as our wedding photographer! From start to finish, he put our minds at ease with how organized and detail oriented he was! Rob went above and beyond to capture our special day. He scouted out the best places around the area ahead of time and had great ideas that really kept the momentum going and maximized our time! Our whole wedding group made comments afterwards about how friendly and fun Rob was to work with! We just received the final pictures and are absolutely thrilled with how they all turned out! He captured so many combinations and unique backgrounds that truly make each picture so special! We would highly recommend Rob to anyone looking for a photographer for their special day!!

Gary Morris · Married on 10/14/2018

Rob is the very best!

Rob was a joy to work with. He took the time to get to know us before the wedding, was truly professional and flexible during the wedding, and made our photos available very shortly after. His photographs are superb. Rob also did a wonderful job coordinating with our videographers. We can't say enough good things about Rob and his work. We're so glad he was a part of our wedding.

Rob Hickey Photography 8

Samantha and John Ferrin · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible Experience!

Rob is the BEST. He was referred to me through someone I work with and I am so thankful to have been linked up with him. He is incredibly supportive and thorough throughout the entire planning process.

When we cancelled our engagement shoot due to poor weather, Rob worked with us to figure out an alternative. He ended up shooting our rehearsal dinner and the photos were amazing. I am so thankful that he was flexible and worked with our vision of the wedding weekend.

On the day of our wedding, Rob and his assistant James captured every shot I could've imagined wanting to see. We had a blast with them and they both made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera.

I couldn't imagine working with any other photographer. I look forward to working with Rob for future family shoots! Thank you for everything. You are amazing.

Erin · Married on 09/22/2018

Fantastic Photographer!

When my now-husband and I began to look into vendors, we talked about the things that were most important to us...and the photographer was at the top of the list. We wanted someone to capture the day and allow us to relive the experience with our future children years down the road. We connected with Rob through Classy Cat Entertainment as part of a whole wedding package and we couldn't have been happier with his work. Rob exceeded all our expectations and his pictures were worth every penny, I highly recommend him and would absolutely work with him again. Rob did our engagement pictures as well as our wedding day. He was professional, responsive, fun, and easy going throughout the whole process. We had a few issues pop up, but Rob was flexible, open, and able to improvise and reassess different pictures, poses and settings to make sure he got the best shots. Rob has a great eye for detail and it truly shows in his images. We also had a second shooter, Morgan, on the day of our wedding, which was extremely helpful. Morgan was friendly and easy to work with, she was able to capture a lot of the guests arriving and cocktail hour while Rob was with us and our wedding party. It was definitely a worthwhile investment to have two photographers. I also have to say, Rob's turn around time was fantastic. For both our engagement and wedding pictures, we only had to wait about 2 weeks to have access to the online gallery. The hard part now is deciding which pictures we want to print because there are so many that I love!

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

I'm so grateful have been able to work with you and Anthony on both your wedding and engagement shoots. You're both such nice people as are your family and friends. I wish the best for you both!

Molly · Married on 09/02/2018

We loved working with Rob! He called us a few times before our event to discuss our style, and he was very accommodating of our shot requests. He had great suggestions for our family and couple pictures. During the day, he was very relaxed and photographed our best moments without making us feel like we were being followed. Best of all, he scoped out some great spots for night pictures! He took some stunning shots of us overlooking the lake where we got married at night. We love our photos and are now just having a hard time picking which ones to hang on the wall!

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Molly, thank you for the kind words. I absolutely enjoyed working with you and Ben on your wedding day. Your lakeside ceremony and reception offered so many breathtaking views, and your family and friends were so wonderful. Some of my personal favorite photos were captured during your wedding including the final night shot overlooking the lake with you and Ben.

Larissa · Married on 08/08/2018

Rob was amazing!!! Not only did the photos turn out great but he was very personable and friendly...i was super nervous about taking pictures on my wedding day because I normally hate photos of myself and shy away from them but he found a way to make it comfortable and fun so I can have great memories of my day. He also managed to capture all the special memories without me even realizing he was taking photos. My husband and I rave about him and would definitely recommend!

Rob Hickey Photography 9
    Rob Hickey Photography 10
    Rob Hickey Photography 11
    Rob Hickey Photography 12
    Rob Hickey Photography 13

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Larissa, Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and Damone. You're both true class acts and I'm grateful to have been able to capture your special day in images!

Eric · Married on 07/01/2018

Very professional and personable. Awesome pictures at a price we could afford. My wife and i were both extremely pleased with Rob and his work! Took great pics of us, our guests, and was great with our 8 mo old son!

Rob Hickey Photography 14
    Rob Hickey Photography 15
    Rob Hickey Photography 16
    Rob Hickey Photography 17
    Rob Hickey Photography 18
    Rob Hickey Photography 19
    Rob Hickey Photography 20

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Eric, you and Charity were a joy to work with. I felt instantly at ease with you two, and your young son was so incredibly photogenic. I don't think I've ever worked with a baby so happy all the time. The best to you and your family!

Tia · Married on 06/30/2018

Rob is an amazing photographer! He told the story with photos about my wedding day. No moment missed and no detail overlooked. Everything turned out beautifully, I definately reccomend!

Rob Hickey Photography 21
    Rob Hickey Photography 22
    Rob Hickey Photography 23

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Tia, It was my honor to document your day and capture the moments for you and Curtis. The reception cruise was quite unique for me and I loved the opportunity for something a touch different. My Best to you both!

Katie · Married on 06/29/2018

We were totally blessed to find Rob through Wedding Bug. We spoke before the big day and he made sure he had all my requests down and knew what our vision was for the day. On our wedding day he arrived to the venue early to get set up and take a few photos of the room. As soon as I met Rob I knew his lively and kind personality was going to help make the day a breeze. All of the photos he took turned out absolutely stunning and he covered every shot I was looking for. Throughout the whole process he had great suggestions and fun ideas that brought out a very natural side of our bridal party. He was able to capture all the emotional moments of the day as well as the silly sides of our guests as everyone danced the night away. We ended up with a beautiful collection of photos each with unique angles and lighting. He was never in the way, but always where he needed to be. Rob is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with! I can't wait to have another opportunity to use his great photography services! Sincere thanks ~ Katie & JP

Rob Hickey Photography 24
    Rob Hickey Photography 25
    Rob Hickey Photography 26
    Rob Hickey Photography 27
    Rob Hickey Photography 28
    Rob Hickey Photography 29

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Katie, You, JP, your friends and Family were so fun to work with. I love that you put aside plenty of time for the formals and just went with it, allowing me to capture such a variety of images for you two. I'm so grateful for you choosing me to cover your wedding day! Thank you!

Molly · Married on 01/07/2018

We could not have asked for a better photographer than Rob! I had first met Rob at a wedding expo a year before my wedding. What really turned me on to his services was the unique warmth that all of his photos had to them, combined with how personable and pleasant Rob was.
    A month in advance of our wedding, Rob had a phone meeting with us to see what we liked and did not like, shots we wanted and what we wanted to avoid, and made sure my now-husband and I had a clear understanding of what the plan was for the day for photography. We had hired Rob to be a part of our day from when we got dressed until the party was over (9 hours) and he was chipper, interactive, and accommodating the entire time. Rob really wowed us with the shots he was able to capture - from the planned portraits to the candids, and some of our favorite photos were the ones that people had no idea he was taking. He prepared well in advance by arriving early to experiment with lighting and meet everyone so that he could get the best photos possible for us. The man even withstood negative degree temperatures to take photos of my groom and I outside for our winter wedding!
    From a month before the wedding until even months after, Rob is always an email or call away and has a great response time. Snatch him up for your engagement shots or wedding day!

Rob Hickey Photography 30
    Rob Hickey Photography 36
    Rob Hickey Photography 37
    Rob Hickey Photography 38

Colleen · Married on 10/21/2017

Rob Hickey is an amazingly talented photographer with an eye for detail and creativity with his shots. In the 8 months leading up to our wedding, Rob met with us in person, corresponded through countless emails, answered all of our questions, had us complete a questionnaire to get more information about what we wanted, and held a phone conference with us just before the wedding day to finalize details. He made sure to discuss our “must-have” photos, which included large-group extended-family shots that Rob coordinated flawlessly during our reception. He was organized, helpful, respectful, and personable. Rob kept to a timeline during the wedding day which ensured that things ran smoothly for the entire 10 hours he was with us. The beautiful images Rob captured speak to his capabilities as a photographer. Rob loves what he does, and it is clear that he wants to help make your day special by capturing moments that will be cherished for a lifetime. The stunning quality of his shots far surpassed our expectations. We are forever grateful to have these memories from this amazing day in our lives! We are very lucky and thankful that we chose Rob as our photographer!

Rob Hickey Photography 39
    Rob Hickey Photography 40

Amanda · Married on 08/12/2017

Rob was such a pleasure to work with. From the moment I first talked to him, I knew he understood what I wanted in my photos. He was extremely patient and cooperative with trying to get family photos outside before it started raining. He was taking pictures up until the last second it started raining so we didn't miss any opportunities. Just like any weddings, nothing ever goes as planned, and Rob was kind enough to stay a little longer than scheduled so we didn't miss out on our cake cutting. Rob has a great eye and will without a doubt provide you with beautiful pictures to cherish for a lifetime.

Rob Hickey Photography 41

Ronia · Married on 07/07/2017

Rob did an amazing job at capturing us and all our family and friends on our wedding day (7/7/17)! I am sure it was challenging because it was a very hot day outside, but all the pictures came out great! I am so glad to have met him at the Syracuse Bridal Show! We will treasure these photos forever. Thanks again Rob!

Rob Hickey Photography 42
    Rob Hickey Photography 43
    Rob Hickey Photography 44
  • User6888062 · 1+ year ago

My husband and I felt so fortunate to have had Rob capture our special moments on our wedding day. He was fun to work with. I love how enthusiatic he was about shooting at our venue and he came up with such creative ideas. I knew we would see some awesome images but I was truly blown away at the quality of our sneak peak photos. He edited efficiently as we were able to see all of our images so quickly, both in black and white and in color. Not only did he capture the intimate and beautiful moments of our ceremony but he also took a ton of candid shots at our reception, which was a blast. Thanks Rob for allowing us to relive our special day through your work, it means so much to us!!

Caitlyn · Married on 10/08/2016

Let me start by saying Rob is an incredible photographer and genuinely nice person. I do not have any experience with photography and when it came to choosing a photographer for our wedding, I didn’t know how to choose. We found Rob at a Bridal Show. We liked his photographs and he was available for our date, so we booked him immediately. I know that doesn’t really sound good, but it was one of my luckiest moments; how Rob was not yet booked, I do not know, but it was meant to be.
    While I thought the most important characteristic of a photographer was the quality of their pictures (don’t get me wrong, that is important), I didn’t realize how helpful Rob would be in planning and scheduling our day. As usual, I was behind on planning and had not found a place to take photographs. I wanted outdoor pictures with flowers and nature. I looked at multiple places and told Rob I was having trouble finding an available venue. He ended up looking online for me and asking his colleagues for places in the area that would fit my criteria. He definitely went above and beyond in the planning process.
    When it came to the wedding day, he showed up much earlier than requested so he could find the best place for photos given the rainy, dreary day. He stood in the rain, in mud puddles, and let me take photos with my soaking wet horse. He stayed even later than requested at the end of the wedding to make sure we could get the dramatic, night pictures we had requested. One last great example I have that speaks to the quality of person Rob is occurred during our processional. Unfortunately, his camera malfunctioned during the processional and photos could not be taken. While all photographers are covered in their contract for accidents like this, he offered us extra photos for the inconvenience. Combine this with everything he had already done for us and we felt as though we were not just a contract to him but people that he cared about and wanted to give us the best.

Justin · Married on 09/24/2016

When we set out to find a wedding photographer we had not a clue what we were doing or where to start. We did know though what we wanted; we wanted a photographer that would capture our unique venue and adventurous spirit.

When we found Rob’s website we immediately fell in love with his photography. We could not have found a more perfect person to capture our special day. His style, and the composition of his photos were exactly what we were looking for.

Our venue and were we live were extremely far apart but Rob was willing to meet with us over multiple video calls in the months leading up to the wedding, where we discussed how we wanted our wedding to be photographed.

Rob not only captured every special moment of our wedding, he became a part of the family. He came a day early to get set up, get to know our families, and plan the wedding day shots. On the day of the two of us, having so much going on around us and so many more things on our minds, it was great to have Rob spend the time directing us to get the specific shots we wanted but also allow the day to play out and capture all the candid natural moments that first attracted us to his photography.

We are so thankful for Rob’s thoughtful approach and the way our pictures came out! If we ever are in need of a photographer again, he will be our first call!

Mike · Married on 09/10/2016

Our experience with rob couldnt have been better! He was very open to any ideas that we had and helped us get exactly what we were looking for. Rob was always in the right place at the right time. He was very go with the flow, mimicking our sort of mood. We had a great time working with him and would recommend him to anyone for there most important events. Pictures came out looking amazing!

Elizabeth · Married on 02/14/2015

Rob was not just a wonderful wedding photographer, he also became an amazing partner in helping to create and execute our dream wedding. My hubby and I are both a bit unconventional, very nerdy, fun-loving, and silly. We are each other's best friends and we wanted wanted our winter wedding to be a reflection of us and a celebration of love with all of the people we care about. Rob immediately understood the kind of special day we were trying to plan and he became a regular resource of creativity and ideas that we relied on over our months of planning. When our wedding day came around, Rob's combination of calm and fun made all of the photography seem effortless to us even though we know he was putting his heart and soul into it. When we came back from our honeymoon a couple of weeks later, we were blown away by all of the work Rob had ready to show us. He had captured every special detail and moment for us in his beautiful photography, and most importantly, all of our silliness, joy, love, and happiness. I still get teary when looking at our photos two years later and we couldn't be more grateful for everything Rob did for us!

Marcia · Married on 09/26/2014

Rob is amazing! He not only took the time to make sure EVERY single shot was perfect, he risked life & limb climbing on the top of a golf cart to ensure the perfect shot. He not only did our wedding, but our brother & sister-in-law's wedding, too. He is a fantastic person, as well. He accommodated us far beyond our expectations. Climbing on a golf cart to ensure a perfect shot? That's fantastic.

Donald · Married on 07/31/2016

Rob Hickey was a pleasure to work for our wedding. He was very enthusiastic throughout the process, and the pictures from the wedding came out looking perfect. Not only did they look perfect, but they were extremely plentiful equally nearly 900 pictures from the event, most of which we didn't even realize he was taking. If I ever need a professional photographer again, he would be first on my list. You will not regret it!

Joanne · Married on 08/13/2016

I can't say enough good things about Rob and his team! From the moment we met at a bridal show to follow up after the big day Rob was responsive, enthusiastic and accommodating. After a few phone and skype meetings, I really felt like Rob understood our vision of an intimate, joyful, family-style wedding. We had some pretty specific requests, and Rob flexed some creative muscles and scouted locations the day before to make it happen.

On our wedding day he was professional, warm, and managed to melt into the background and capture the day as it went on around him. During formal posed shots his patience and humor put everyone from my nieces and nephews to my grandparents at ease.

When the photos started coming back to us we were floored! Somehow he had captured the most intimate moments of the day without us ever realizing he was there. He captured the unique beauty of our ceremony location and made all the little details I worked so hard on shine.

You can't go wrong choosing Rob to photograph your wedding, and I know I'll be reaching out to him with any photography needs in the future!