Rob Hickey Photography Reviews

38 Reviews for Rob Hickey Photography

• Renee

Renee Kelly · Getting married on 06/08/2021

Magical memories captured

If you want the true magic of your day captured, then you should hire Rob Hickey to be your wedding photographer. Not only is Rob exceptionally easygoing, he's also incredibly professional. He has a quick, artistic eye and knows how to get an incredible shot at every turn. Photography was a top priority for us, and Rob exceeded our expectations. His photojournalistic approach allows for many candid moments and had everyone at the wedding very relaxed in front of the camera. Our photos look timeless and sophisticated. We would also recommend booking Rob for an engagement shoot because not only do the photos look great, but you have the opportunity to work with him prior to the big day and get familiar with his style. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

-Renee & Patrick Kelly

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic Experience

We used Rob & a second photographer, Morgan, for our wedding and we could not have been happier! He was incredibly responsive to our questions & very easy to work with. We also got both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures back in less than one month! He is very reasonably priced based on the market and his level professionalism & incredible work. We really cannot say enough great things about the photos that he takes- 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Maxine Bruschi · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Wedding Photographer!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Rob and Morgan!! From beginning to end Rob was everything you look for in a wedding vendor! From a customer service standpoint Rob is the best of the best. He always answered me within an hour (maybe even less!), answered all of my questions, and did an AMAZING job at our wedding!! I HIGHLY recommend Rob and his team (Morgan is the best!!). You won't be disappointed!! The best! It's very clear that photography is his passion, and you will be SO happy with your photos!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Sarah Stelick · Married on 09/01/2019

100% would recommend

I would 100% recommend Rob! He was extremely easy to contact and communicate with! He was very respectful, professional and fun on the big day. Not to mention he took amazing and beautiful photos. He was very centered around our wants and needs, making sure to ask many questions and following up when we had any questions as well. Over all, Rob made our day more comfortable and enjoyable for us.

Sent on 02/02/2020

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/24/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

My husband and I were both very picky about what we wanted from our wedding photographer and we were very pleased with Rob and his work. I found his website from an online bridal site and immediately fell in love with the natural-looking style of his work. From day 1, Rob was professional and easy to work with. He had us fill out a questionnaire and spoke with us over the phone (as we live out of state) before the wedding to learn what our expectations were for the day. He listened to what we were looking for and made sure that was what he delivered. He captured so many big and small moments that beautifully show the joy felt by us and our guests during the whole day. His creativity also left us with many shots we love but never would have thought to get, including many beautiful candid shots. He was very relaxed and just captured the day as it unfolded. We are so impressed by how the photos make it seem like he managed to be everywhere to capture every detail of the ceremony and reception, but he was not the least bit intrusive. Overall, I am so happy that we made the choice to hire Rob for this important job and that we have so many beautiful photos to always remind us of our beautiful day!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 08/23/2019

Rob Hickey Photography-Easy Going and Professional

Rob was easy going and great to work with from beginning to end. We have a young, infant daughter and large families and he adapted to all the varying needs that come with that! He captured the spirit of the day and night very well with a keen eye for capturing candid photos especially!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Jamie, Thank you for the review! It was my pleasure to document yours and Jim's wedding day in photos. Such a fun and joy filled celebration!

Peter Freitag · Married on 07/27/2019

Excellent photographer

From the time of our first communication to receiving the final product, Rob made our pictures an easy, enjoyable process. Aside from knowing how to take amazing pictures in any setting and atmosphere, he is very personable and easygoing, responsive to email and texts, and reasonable in pricing. We were very happy with our pictures and would highly recommend Rob to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Chris

Chris Kaltenbach · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing and creative photographer!

My wife and I are very happy that we went with Rob Hickey Photography. Rob came right to our house and brought several examples of his work for us to view. Rob will tell you that he will try to make it seem like he isn't there to capture more natural photos. He does just that! The photos were very natural and in the moment. Very few were staged during the reception, which really captured the joy and fun during the night. Rob is very skilled in various areas of photography and is always trying new things. Rob had some great ideas with sparklers, the sunset, and off-camera lighting. The creativeness really showed in our photos. Rob's prices were very reasonable and he also offered a wedding photography registry that we took advantage of, receiving gifts through this from our guests. Rob works with some great photographers so I highly recommend that you choose a package with two photographers.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2019

Wonderful Experience!

When my search for a photographer started I was feeling overwhelmed with all of the different packages and price points everyone had to offer. I had to choose what I thought might fit our needs based on websites and reviews since we live out of state. I came across Rob's work and knew pretty quickly that his style fit exactly what we were looking for. Communication was easy as he was very quick to respond to emails and sent us a few full weddings to look through that he had done before we officially signed on with him. His attention to detail is amazing and he is very laid back and easy to work with. We are thrilled with how our photos turned out and highly recommend Rob for your big day!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Hanrahan · Married on 06/15/2019

Easy to Work With

Very pleased with our experience with Rob. Easy to communicate with along with talented. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Margaret · Married on 06/08/2019

We had our engagement photos taken by Rob Hickey Photography. We cannot say enough great things about his work! Rob is professional,efficient, friendly, creative and,most importantly took the most fabulous photographs. We are extremely pleased with his work and our photos. Rob is truly talented and captured everything. I would strongly recommend Rob Hickey Photography! We can't say enough good things about him and his work!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Margaret, I had a great time with you and Justin both on the shoot and socializing over a few beers after. Thank you!
  • Brittany

Brittany Mesolella · Married on 05/10/2019

We recommend Rob for any photography occasion!

We met Rob after winning a free engagement session at one of the Rochester Bridal Shows. Right away, we had an instant connection! Rob was honest, professional, flexible, and amazing to work with. He was willing to meet us an hour away from Rochester to shoot at a new location for our session. We were nervous at the beginning of the photoshoot but by the end, we felt more comfortable and relaxed thanks to Robs’ guidance! After our engagement session, we knew right away we wanted Rob to shoot our wedding day. He took the time to really get to know us and learn what was most important for us on the wedding day. He came early to the first location to get the getting ready photos. Then, he took photos at our ceremony location (many different beautiful angles of our ceremony). We then took photos at a park near our reception venue. Our wedding party was bigger than most, but he captured all our personalities and made the day more special. You can tell right away Rob loves what he does and is very knowledgeable. All of our engagement and wedding photos were spectacular; we receive compliments everyday of how beautiful the photos are! We recommend Rob for any photography occasion!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Matthew Lehman · Married on 12/01/2018

Wedding Photographer

My husband and I had a fantastic time working with Rob! He was great about communicating all the necessary details leading up to the wedding, made sure to capture all the family and group pictures we wanted and made the whole process so easy! We had multiple guests make a point to tell us they thought he was fantastic to work with as well. We got our pictures back quickly and absolutely love them!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Liz · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly recommend

We cannot say enough great things about working with Rob for our wedding day! From day one, Rob was very quick to respond to email/phone calls. Being an out of town couple, he was able to work with us over the phone for all of our needs. Leading up to the day, we filled out a detailed questionnaire that covered things one could easily forget. The day of our wedding, Rob walked in, knew everyones name and knew exactly how to get us started with getting ready photos. His calm demeanor really gave me confidence that he was going to get all the shots we needed without missing any. The weather didn't cooperate on our wedding day, but Rob had some ideas using the decor of our venue to help get some great group shots. After receiving our photos online, my husband and I could not be more impressed with his style and eye for detail. Again, highly recommend!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Katie Snow · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!!

My husband and I were extremely pleased with Rob as our wedding photographer! From start to finish, he put our minds at ease with how organized and detail oriented he was! Rob went above and beyond to capture our special day. He scouted out the best places around the area ahead of time and had great ideas that really kept the momentum going and maximized our time! Our whole wedding group made comments afterwards about how friendly and fun Rob was to work with! We just received the final pictures and are absolutely thrilled with how they all turned out! He captured so many combinations and unique backgrounds that truly make each picture so special! We would highly recommend Rob to anyone looking for a photographer for their special day!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Gary Morris · Married on 10/14/2018

Rob is the very best!

Rob was a joy to work with. He took the time to get to know us before the wedding, was truly professional and flexible during the wedding, and made our photos available very shortly after. His photographs are superb. Rob also did a wonderful job coordinating with our videographers. We can't say enough good things about Rob and his work. We're so glad he was a part of our wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Samantha and John Ferrin · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible Experience!

Rob is the BEST. He was referred to me through someone I work with and I am so thankful to have been linked up with him. He is incredibly supportive and thorough throughout the entire planning process.

When we cancelled our engagement shoot due to poor weather, Rob worked with us to figure out an alternative. He ended up shooting our rehearsal dinner and the photos were amazing. I am so thankful that he was flexible and worked with our vision of the wedding weekend.

On the day of our wedding, Rob and his assistant James captured every shot I could've imagined wanting to see. We had a blast with them and they both made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera.

I couldn't imagine working with any other photographer. I look forward to working with Rob for future family shoots! Thank you for everything. You are amazing.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Erin · Married on 09/22/2018

Fantastic Photographer!

When my now-husband and I began to look into vendors, we talked about the things that were most important to us...and the photographer was at the top of the list. We wanted someone to capture the day and allow us to relive the experience with our future children years down the road. We connected with Rob through Classy Cat Entertainment as part of a whole wedding package and we couldn't have been happier with his work. Rob exceeded all our expectations and his pictures were worth every penny, I highly recommend him and would absolutely work with him again. Rob did our engagement pictures as well as our wedding day. He was professional, responsive, fun, and easy going throughout the whole process. We had a few issues pop up, but Rob was flexible, open, and able to improvise and reassess different pictures, poses and settings to make sure he got the best shots. Rob has a great eye for detail and it truly shows in his images. We also had a second shooter, Morgan, on the day of our wedding, which was extremely helpful. Morgan was friendly and easy to work with, she was able to capture a lot of the guests arriving and cocktail hour while Rob was with us and our wedding party. It was definitely a worthwhile investment to have two photographers. I also have to say, Rob's turn around time was fantastic. For both our engagement and wedding pictures, we only had to wait about 2 weeks to have access to the online gallery. The hard part now is deciding which pictures we want to print because there are so many that I love!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

I'm so grateful have been able to work with you and Anthony on both your wedding and engagement shoots. You're both such nice people as are your family and friends. I wish the best for you both!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2018

Best of the Best

Rob is professional, attentive, fun, extremely talented, and worth every penny.
    Rob was the second shooter at our wedding. It was clear that he has an incredible eye and can find the most beautiful backdrops in the most uncommon places. Because of that, we hired him to take pictures to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary.
    We sent Rob some ideas ahead of time and he made all our requests come true while making my husband and I look natural. Despite only being a two-hour session, going to two locations, and doing a wardrobe change, we never felt rushed and he was constantly showing us previews on his camera so we left our session knowing we were getting exactly what we wanted.
    My husband and I highly recommend Rob and we can't thank him enough for our beautiful pictures.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Molly · Married on 09/02/2018

We loved working with Rob! He called us a few times before our event to discuss our style, and he was very accommodating of our shot requests. He had great suggestions for our family and couple pictures. During the day, he was very relaxed and photographed our best moments without making us feel like we were being followed. Best of all, he scoped out some great spots for night pictures! He took some stunning shots of us overlooking the lake where we got married at night. We love our photos and are now just having a hard time picking which ones to hang on the wall!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Molly, thank you for the kind words. I absolutely enjoyed working with you and Ben on your wedding day. Your lakeside ceremony and reception offered so many breathtaking views, and your family and friends were so wonderful. Some of my personal favorite photos were captured during your wedding including the final night shot overlooking the lake with you and Ben.

Larissa · Married on 08/08/2018

Rob was amazing!!! Not only did the photos turn out great but he was very personable and friendly...i was super nervous about taking pictures on my wedding day because I normally hate photos of myself and shy away from them but he found a way to make it comfortable and fun so I can have great memories of my day. He also managed to capture all the special memories without me even realizing he was taking photos. My husband and I rave about him and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Larissa, Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and Damone. You're both true class acts and I'm grateful to have been able to capture your special day in images!

Eric · Married on 07/01/2018

Very professional and personable. Awesome pictures at a price we could afford. My wife and i were both extremely pleased with Rob and his work! Took great pics of us, our guests, and was great with our 8 mo old son!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Eric, you and Charity were a joy to work with. I felt instantly at ease with you two, and your young son was so incredibly photogenic. I don't think I've ever worked with a baby so happy all the time. The best to you and your family!

Tia · Married on 06/30/2018

Rob is an amazing photographer! He told the story with photos about my wedding day. No moment missed and no detail overlooked. Everything turned out beautifully, I definately reccomend!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Tia, It was my honor to document your day and capture the moments for you and Curtis. The reception cruise was quite unique for me and I loved the opportunity for something a touch different. My Best to you both!

Katie · Married on 06/29/2018

We were totally blessed to find Rob through Wedding Bug. We spoke before the big day and he made sure he had all my requests down and knew what our vision was for the day. On our wedding day he arrived to the venue early to get set up and take a few photos of the room. As soon as I met Rob I knew his lively and kind personality was going to help make the day a breeze. All of the photos he took turned out absolutely stunning and he covered every shot I was looking for. Throughout the whole process he had great suggestions and fun ideas that brought out a very natural side of our bridal party. He was able to capture all the emotional moments of the day as well as the silly sides of our guests as everyone danced the night away. We ended up with a beautiful collection of photos each with unique angles and lighting. He was never in the way, but always where he needed to be. Rob is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with! I can't wait to have another opportunity to use his great photography services! Sincere thanks ~ Katie & JP

Sent on 07/15/2018

Rob Hickey Photography's reply:

Katie, You, JP, your friends and Family were so fun to work with. I love that you put aside plenty of time for the formals and just went with it, allowing me to capture such a variety of images for you two. I'm so grateful for you choosing me to cover your wedding day! Thank you!

Molly · Married on 01/07/2018

We could not have asked for a better photographer than Rob! I had first met Rob at a wedding expo a year before my wedding. What really turned me on to his services was the unique warmth that all of his photos had to them, combined with how personable and pleasant Rob was.
    A month in advance of our wedding, Rob had a phone meeting with us to see what we liked and did not like, shots we wanted and what we wanted to avoid, and made sure my now-husband and I had a clear understanding of what the plan was for the day for photography. We had hired Rob to be a part of our day from when we got dressed until the party was over (9 hours) and he was chipper, interactive, and accommodating the entire time. Rob really wowed us with the shots he was able to capture - from the planned portraits to the candids, and some of our favorite photos were the ones that people had no idea he was taking. He prepared well in advance by arriving early to experiment with lighting and meet everyone so that he could get the best photos possible for us. The man even withstood negative degree temperatures to take photos of my groom and I outside for our winter wedding!
    From a month before the wedding until even months after, Rob is always an email or call away and has a great response time. Snatch him up for your engagement shots or wedding day!

Sent on 02/25/2018